PDA

View Full Version : If we don't beat Hearts...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Serious question by the way. If we don't beat Hearts will you attend another game this season?

For me? Yes I will, I can't not go back, it's too difficult. I, like many others on here don't really care about the rest of the season anymore, it has been absolutely pish and I cannot wait for it to end.

More at the point, I don't think we will beat them next week. They are pish I know, but so are we. Atleast they have an excuse for being pish, we don't! Most of the players look like they don't give a ******. They let the fans down yesterday and I am sad to say they will probably let them down next week aswell. It's what Hibs do. I honestly hope I am wrong and we get a win, I don't care how we do it. Not because of this "Relegation Party" pish, but because I hate them and we need the points. Apologies for being a little negative by the way, it's just the way I feel about Hibs these days.

C'mom Hibs, if theres ever a time to get back to winning ways, next week is the time!

GGTTH

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 11:16 AM
I think it'll be very typical of the present derbies with most of it being a complete eye sore, with 1 scrappy goal hidden in it somewhere.

Neither team can defend, play football in the midfield area, or threaten up front. But my concern is that they'll try just that little bit harder than we do and that's what will tip the scales in their favour as it so often does.

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I think it'll be very typical of the present derbies with most of it being a complete eye sore, with 1 scrappy goal hidden in it somewhere.

Neither team can defend, play football in the midfield area, or threaten up front. But my concern is that they'll try just that little bit harder than we do and that's what will tip the scales in their favour as it so often does.
I think your head might explode if we lose:wink:

The Falcon
23-03-2014, 11:20 AM
If we don't beat Hearts

Nobody will die as a result of it. Same with Hearts if they lose.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 11:21 AM
I think your head might explode if we lose:wink:

It's exploded about 200 times over 7 years. Somehow it keeps regenerating itself just before the next game. :greengrin

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 11:24 AM
It's exploded about 200 times over 7 years. Somehow it keeps regenerating itself just before the next game. :greengrin

:greengrin

Jim44
23-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Serious question by the way. If we don't beat Hearts will you attend another game this season?

For me? Yes I will, I can't not go back, it's too difficult. I, like many others on here don't really care about the rest of the season anymore, it has been absolutely pish and I cannot wait for it to end.

More at the point, I don't think we will beat them next week. They are pish I know, but so are we. Atleast they have an excuse for being pish, we don't! Most of the players look like they don't give a ******. They let the fans down yesterday and I am sad to say they will probably let them down next week aswell. It's what Hibs do. I honestly hope I am wrong and we get a win, I don't care how we do it. Not because of this "Relegation Party" pish, but because I hate them and we need the points. Apologies for being a little negative by the way, it's just the way I feel about Hibs these days.

C'mom Hibs, if theres ever a time to get back to winning ways, next week is the time!

GGTTH

The only priority I have now is to make sure that we are in the Premiership next year and I don't care how we do it. I would be willing to trade two defeats from the Jambos for wins against the other dross if it ensures our survival. In the absence of such a deal with the devil, I suppose we'll just have to rely on some uncharacteristic display of balls from our shambles of a team, not to mention the undependable intervention of Lady Luck. Only one thing is certain ...... every team in the dogfight will be wishing they could play us every week and the Championship playoffers will be hoping we are their sacrificial lamb.

SouthamptonHibs
23-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Sunday is my last game of the season. Just bought new house so won't be flying up again for any of the remaining 6 games. If the worst happens and we are in the plays off I'll watch it on sky.

Hail Hail

johnrebus
23-03-2014, 05:37 PM
We will lose at Tynecastle next Sunday, c. 3-0 or so.

It's the Hibernian way.

Onion
23-03-2014, 05:51 PM
The only positive to take from this weekend is that Hibs should be fully fired up to win 3 points on Sunday which would go a long way to avoiding the playoff spot. No reason NOT to be well up for this match. History has shown all too well that the majority of Hibs v Hearts matches have been won by the team that has wanted it more.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 05:52 PM
If we lose i think i will punch a giraffe.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Not so sure that we need to win rather than just not get beat.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 05:55 PM
The only positive to take from this weekend is that Hibs should be fully fired up to win 3 points on Sunday which would go a long way to avoiding the playoff spot. No reason NOT to be well up for this match. History has shown all too well that the majority of Hibs v Hearts matches have been won by the team that has wanted it more.

That's what concerns me. Hearts will have a point to prove by trying to drag us down with them.

#FromTheCapital
23-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Next Sunday has all the makings of a terrible derby. 0-0 or a scrappy 1-0 to either team, probably hearts.

23-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Hearts are absolutely rank rotten, yet I'm definatly not confident going into next weeks derby unfortunatly!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-03-2014, 06:18 PM

MacPherson might be there right enough...

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 06:20 PM
That's what concerns me. Hearts will have a point to prove by trying to drag us down with them.

They've had a point to prove all season and failed miserably to do so. I know were people are coming from when they say we will lose next week, but the facts are we're a better team than them and all we need to do is go their and show it. We've got nothing to fear from that mob.

23-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Hearts know its simply a matter of WHEN they go down not IF, but they will absolutely not want it to be hibs who put the final nail in their coffin so I think this will really really get them up for this one, as they will desperately want to avoid being finally put down by their biggest rivals.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 06:43 PM
They've had a point to prove all season and failed miserably to do so. I know were people are coming from when they say we will lose next week, but the facts are we're a better team than them and all we need to do is go their and show it. We've got nothing to fear from that mob.

It doesn't matter how bad Hearts are. If we're not any better than we have been lately, then there's just no way we can win the game.

We have been better than Hearts and the table shows this. But are we better than them right now based on our current form? I really don't know.

HiBremian
23-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Cross-posted from the relegation fight thread:

Financially speaking, we'd be better letting the mutants win next week, and, if the fixtures are timed right, relegate them at ER.

Signed

RP

iwasthere1972
23-03-2014, 06:45 PM

GGTTH

Yes but only because I have a season ticket. If I was PATG then possibly no unless it was a relegation play off match.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 06:53 PM

GGTTH

Of course I will, there have been far worse days as a Hibs supporter and none of them have stopped me returning.

basehibby
23-03-2014, 06:58 PM
The answer is yes for me - I'll still be interested in how the team, the management and individual players are progressing. And, considering that regardless of whether we beat the Yams or not, we'll still mathematically need a point or two to secure safety from the play off spot, I'd consider it my duty as a supporter to get along and try to push them over the line.

The more pertinent question for me would be "would I go back for another game after SPL status for next season has been secured?" The answer to that for me would be, excepting the final derby of the season - No. Watching Hibs has been far from a pleasurable experience for long stretches of this season and, with safety secured I would probably down tools with the job having been done (which is usually what the players do in my experience anyway once the issues have been resolved).

weonlywon6-2
23-03-2014, 07:02 PM

you either wear very high heels or own a trampoline ?

weonlywon6-2
23-03-2014, 07:05 PM
hearts are rank rotten but will be more up for this game than we will be,celtic would have a tough game on their hands next week so not expecting much from hibs.
this must be our worst team going to swynie in many years

Waxy
23-03-2014, 07:40 PM
you either wear very high heels or own a trampoline ?or both

Dashing Bob S
23-03-2014, 07:42 PM
It doesn't matter how bad Hearts are. If we're not any better than we have been lately, then there's just no way we can win the game.

We have been better than Hearts and the table shows this. But are we better than them right now based on our current form? I really don't know.

The two most awful useless outfits currently in a pretty mediocre league. Who is worst? I dunno. It won't be pretty.

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Nobody will die as a result of it. Same with Hearts if they lose.
Maybe so but it will still be Murder:wink: