PDA

View Full Version : team to beat hear7s

Darren1875
23-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Williams
maybury foster hanlon (if fit) stevenson

Cairney thomson taiwo stanton watmore (if fit)

Collins

subs: murdoch, nelson, cummings, handling, mcgivern, heff

roryg
23-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Maybury and Taiwo.? Nope, not for me.

Gustavo Fring
23-03-2014, 09:49 AM
murdoch

forster
nelson
hanlon/boateng
mcgivern

thomson

craig
stanton
watmore/cairney

heffernan
cummings

Elephant Stone
23-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Williams
maybury foster hanlon (if fit) stevenson

Cairney thomson taiwo stanton watmore (if fit)

Collins

subs: murdoch, nelson, cummings, handling, mcgivern, heff

Think your back 4 could be a shout, we've been losing too many goals since Forster has been at right back and McGivern has been a nightmare, don't know why we've not changed it.

1875M
23-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Murdoch
Maybury Nelson McGivern Baptie
Watmore Taiwo Thomson Cairney
Cummings The Heff

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't feel confident picking a team from the wage thiefs ?? Reckon you'd get more out of out under 20's team McGivern,Stevenson,Nelson,Collins,Williams,Hanlon, nope hopefully none of them will start,pick what u want from the rest & hope they can muster some glimmer of hope against the worst Ha Ha Hertz team in years.

PeterboroHibee
23-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Murdoch
Forster Nelson Boateng Stevenson/Hanlon
Taiwo Thomson
Watmore Stanton Cairney
Heffernan

Spike Mandela
23-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Not sure we have a team at the moment that could get us a win at Tynie but as ever live in hope. Neither in perssonel, fight, confidence or tactics do we have any area that leads you to think we have the edge over them. .

I am confident we could easily get a draw though. The first game at Tynie was the worst derby I have ever seen and there have been a few. Both teams were absolutely dire but somehow Hearts flung one great cross in and got a goal. I think they were as surprised as we were. The game should have been a draw.

Hopefully if results go our way a draw will be enough to relegate them and we could set up to stifle the game. I know it isn't the 'Hibs way' and will be purgatory for those that always advocate attack but at times we have to be realistic. Likely a 4-5-1 and if luck is on our side we might even fluke a cross and header like they did and/or get a pen like Riordan's a few years back and surprise us all with a win.

cameronw-hfc
23-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Murdoch

Forster
Hanlon
Boateng
Baptie

Thomson

Craig
Stanton
Watmore

Heff
Collins

Collins instead of Cummings because Collins is a very hard worker, and thats what we need next to Heff.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-03-2014, 10:29 AM
GK: Murdoch

RB: Boetang
CB: Hanlon
CB: Nelson
LB: Stevenson

CDM: Taiwo
CDM: Thomson

RAM: Watmore
CAM: Stanton
LAM: Craig/Zoubir

ST: Heffernan

Or

GK: Williams

RB: Black
CB Nelson
CB Forster

RM: Watmore
CM: Stanton
CM: Thomson
LM: Craig

ST: Collins

Heisenberg
23-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Murdoch

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
Baptie

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Stevenson

Collins
Heffernan

gegs70
23-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Could we go 5-4-1 I remember Mcleish doing this using the fullbacks to support the midfield which would be Great for Stevenson.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Murdoch

Black
Forster
Boateng
Baptie

Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
Smith

Handling
Heffernan

That's assuming Watmore is fit and Hanlon isn't. McGivern should be nowhere near yhe team, Forster isn't a right back, we need wide players as that is the way to beat Hearts as opposed to playing 2 centre midfielders wide. Heffernan is a penalty box goalscorer so needs someone to get the ball into the box and someone up with him to do some of the dirty work.

Enough talk about playing yougsters, let's actually see it, they can't be worse than our so called 'experienced professionals'.

KuqiKuqiCoo
23-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Williams
Forster hanlon anyone but nelson mcgivern
Stanton thomson cairney watmore
Collins heff
That team will win terry

Coco Bryce
23-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Two goalies.

hfc-1875
23-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Williams

forster Nelson Hanlon stevenson

thomson Taiwo

stanton handling watmore

heffernan

if Hanlon isn't fit maybury to rb and Forster in to cb. Cairney for watmore if he's still injured.

GlasgowHibee
23-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Maybury and Taiwo.? Nope, not for me.

Watched their game vs United on Friday - the boy who played wide left is a player, we need to have a strong, hard, fast right back to make sure he doesn't get into the game.

Definitely not Maybury.

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 11:52 AM
GK: Murdoch

RB: Boetang
CB: Hanlon
CB: Nelson

CDM: Taiwo
CDM: Thomson

RAM: Watmore
CAM: Stanton
LAM: Craig/Zoubir

Or

GK: Williams

RB: Black
CB Nelson
CB Forster

RM: Watmore
CM: Stanton
CM: Thomson
LM: Craig

ST: Collins

Option 2 for me. Was struggling for a right back though

The_Horde
23-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Murdoch

Forster Nelson Hanlon Stevenson

Watmore Taiwo Thomson Craig

Stanton
Collins

GGTTH07
23-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Williams

Forster Boateng Hanlon Mcgivern

Thomson Taiwo

Watmore Stanton Cairney

Collins

Pretty Boy
23-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised at so many picking teams that are essentially just another mix up of the same players who have done nothing for 2 and a bit months.

We need big changes if we are to start winning again. If it doesn't work we can always go back to the current 1st picks.

Since90+2
23-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Collins has to start for the simple reason that he works hard and atleast has abit of physical presence. Same with Thomson.

I would play Watmore if fit as he is the one player we have that has genuine talent and could possibly produce something unexpected. Would have Boateng nowhere near the team

EDIT - Any news on Watmore's injury?

Aldo
23-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Williams/Murdoch
Maybury Forster Hanlon Stevenson
Taiwo Thomson
Watmore Cairney Stanton
Collins

Wotherspiniesta
23-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Williams

Watmore Thomson Stanton Craig

Collins Cummings

Onceinawhile
23-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Williams
Black forster hanlon stevenson
thomson taiwo
cairney stanton craig
collins.

I've assumed watmore is missing out otherwise him for craig. We don't seem to be capable of winning without cairney, so I'd make sure he plays.

Black is in as I want Nelson out and for me forster is better at cb. Maybury isn't the answer which only leaves black.

Collins isn't much of a goalscorer but he will run his balls off so for that he's in.

DAVE1875
23-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Just get the ladies team to play. Least they show some spine and a will to win

007 Mickey Weir
23-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Williams

Watmore Thomson Stanton Craig

Collins Cummings

Swap Craig for Cairney and that's my team. Cairney and Watmore can be swapped about. When needed.

Cummings is due a goal and with Collins doing the running Cummings can get his chance to be a legend!

Cod Boy
23-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Would give starts to black forster watmore stanton handling cummings the rest pick out a hat

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Williams
Black forster hanlon stevenson
thomson taiwo
cairney stanton craig
collins.

I've assumed watmore is missing out otherwise him for craig. We don't seem to be capable of winning without cairney, so I'd make sure he plays.

Black is in as I want Nelson out and for me forster is better at cb. Maybury isn't the answer which only leaves black.

Collins isn't much of a goalscorer but he will run his balls off so for that he's in.
Not bad rational but they will run all game and close us down and bring other young players on with fresh legs to do the same Young Nicholson seemed to be someone who caused United some problems .If we have Craig Thompson and Cairney they are quickest and that could cause problems and they all wouldn't finish game strongly so need to think who subs would be to replace them .

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Swap Craig for Cairney and that's my team. Cairney and Watmore can be swapped about. When needed.

Cummings is due a goal and with Collins doing the running Cummings can get his chance to be a legend!
Cummings has been due a goal for a while but no sign it's coming .Am still not sure in this team we are seeing best of him .

Brightside
23-03-2014, 08:45 PM
If McgIvern is playing again its pretty much time to give up...an awful footballer.

SteveHFC
23-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Ma-Kalambay
Van Zanten
Thicot
Murray
Hanlon
O'Brien
Chisholm
Rankin
Stevenson
Riordan
Fletcher

Wotherspiniesta
24-03-2014, 12:41 AM

I don't know why I picked Craig, purely on the basis that he's due a good performance at some point... surely!

If Cummings gets one, I think he'll get a few. He'll have a point to prove to a few folk going back to Hearts after they pied him. ( His words not mine )

Collins was great against Hearts at ER, he bullied defenders and scored a real poachers goal.

We seriously need to stop being so ****ing negative on this board and just get behind the players between now and the end of the season, we still have basically the same team that beat them at ER a few months ago. You could even say with the addition of Watmore and the emergence of Stanton, we're even stronger than we were back then.

Confidence might be low, but make no mistake about it, we can beat...no, we can hammer that worthless bunch of goons and send them packing this Sunday.

Pete
24-03-2014, 12:57 AM
I don't know why I picked Craig, purely on the basis that he's due a good performance at some point... surely!

If Cummings gets one, I think he'll get a few. He'll have a point to prove to a few folk going back to Hearts after they pied him. ( His words not mine )

Collins was great against Hearts at ER, he bullied defenders and scored a real poachers goal.

We seriously need to stop being so ****ing negative on this board and just get behind the players between now and the end of the season, we still have basically the same team that beat them at ER a few months ago. You could even say with the addition of Watmore and the emergence of Stanton, we're even stronger than we were back then.

Confidence might be low, but make no mistake about it, we can beat...no, we can hammer that worthless bunch of goons and send them packing this Sunday.

:agree:

It's easier for some to talk about defeats being "the hibs way" or "what hibs do" and it's almost become a catchphrase. They can **** off and take their mums to dobbies on Sunday.

It's time to leather these jokers and we're more than capable.:flag:

Nailrod
24-03-2014, 03:59 AM
The current incumbents have shown absolutely nothing for the last three months. Shocking as it might sound, I suspect that relationships are so poor now that there might even be a few who would lose the game out of spite.

I'd go with the under-20s plus Forster, Hanlon, Stevenson and Stanton. It's a 'risk', but imho no more of a risk than going with the current incumbents.

The under-20s know each other and play well as a team. They have a winning habit, which makes a huge difference to your self-belief. They've been with Hibs as young guys and can be expected to care about the club. Whatever else they might achieve in their careers, they would be immortals. And even if they lost, which is quite possible, I'm certain they wouldn't simply surrender. They would fight till the last minute. It's a sad indictment of the current state of affairs that I don't feel in the least bit confident that I could say the same about the first team.

If it doesn't work we still have games in hand - we can always go back to 'more of the same' in the hope of eking out the point or two we need to be safe from the play-off.

Brightside
24-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I was at the Hibs Ladies game on Sunday. I'd have forced the mens team to watch and to see what commitment is. I will be massively surprised if we beat Hearts.