PDA

View Full Version : Thomo

duffers
22-03-2014, 08:26 PM
How was he today? Deserve to keep his place for the derby?

Golden Bear
22-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Returning fans (apart from one) and the Manager were suitably impressed and think that he deserves to keep his place next week.

Mr White
22-03-2014, 08:46 PM
I hope his booking serves as a reminder to him that his days of being able to influence referees by chucking a hissy fit ended when he left rangers. Never a hibs ball and a thoroughly stupid but deserved yellow card.

Weir7
22-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Returning fans (apart from one) and the Manager were suitably impressed and think that he deserves to keep his place next week.

Decent shift for first start since November. Would have helped his match fitness. Slid two nice balls inside full back and centre half for sammy and haynes.

You'd think done enough to start next week.

Hiber-nation
22-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Did fine apart from the booking and will start next Sunday.

Brooster
23-03-2014, 06:37 AM
I though he was Hibs best outfield player (which wasnt very difficult considering the other 9 were carbage). He was composed in possession and very rarely lost the ball. His booking was stupid, I was sitting at that end and it was never a corner, even if it was he shouldn't have reacted like that. I would have him in the team next week. I would also play Murdoch who I thought was superb yesterday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Thomson was our best player but I can't help but think he's stuck in a no win place just now. If you put him in the middle of a team that wants to slow it a bit and pass and move, like the way that Partick and St Mirren try to play, then he is a square peg in a square hole. No sure he is the right fit for Butcher just now but that says nothing about the player.

.Sean.
23-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Our best player, no surprise seeing as he's the best player at the club. Glad Butcher finally seen sense.

B.H.F.C
23-03-2014, 07:43 AM
He passed the ball to a Hibs player the majority of the time which is something so many of the others struggle to do.

Should start again next week.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-03-2014, 08:25 AM
I don't think he was close to our best player. Hence why he was hooked around 65 minutes.

He failed to get to grips with their midfield and looked no better than what we have. In my opinion this was one of Hibs worst performances with zero threat on the opposition goal, no method of attacking and players that now look like their not trying anymore. Thomson was part of the team yesterday and massively failed in his chance to influence the game.

Folk on here have been calling for Thomson and Heff to start for ages, they did and look what happened. Two goals going on eight had it not been from an inspired Murdoch performance.

Weststandwanab
23-03-2014, 09:07 AM
What did the other person think ?

Golden Bear
23-03-2014, 09:10 AM
What did the other person think ?

From what I read in another thread the other person was none too impressed!

Baldy
23-03-2014, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't play him, I didn't think he was good at all yesterday.

The Saints midfield ran past him time after time

happiehibbie
23-03-2014, 09:42 AM
so our best player comes back after injury and people have a go ! he passes to a hibs player 99% of the time what a wally. he knows he should be punting it high up the park and give the opposition the ball

keep thomo in the team FFS he is a football player

Weststandwanab
23-03-2014, 10:15 AM
From what I read in another thread the other person was none too impressed! Cheers.

so our best player comes back after injury and people have a go ! he passes to a hibs player 99% of the time what a wally. he knows he should be punting it high up the park and give the opposition the ball

keep thomo in the team FFS he is a football player I was not here but would agree with your point of view.

Leithenhibby
23-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think he was close to our best player. Hence why he was hooked around 65 minutes.

He failed to get to grips with their midfield and looked no better than what we have. In my opinion this was one of Hibs worst performances with zero threat on the opposition goal, no method of attacking and players that now look like their not trying anymore. Thomson was part of the team yesterday and massively failed in his chance to influence the game.

Folk on here have been calling for Thomson and Heff to start for ages, they did and look what happened. Two goals going on eight had it not been from an inspired Murdoch performance.

Just a tad OTT :rolleyes: We were poor, but the saints were never scoring 8.........

keep thomo in the team FFS he is a football player

:agree:

He has to start against "Them" IMO and take control. He is a football player that has a nice touch, passing vision that nobody else at the club has.

Just don't expect a classic (again) if this game has anything to go by!.. :wink:

Spike Mandela
23-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Thomson played in the first derby at Tynecastle, fully fit after full pre season, and was absolutely woeful as were the rest of the team against the worst Hearts team I have ever seen in an absolutely dire Derby match.

We have no player in our squad who is the 'magic formula' for a win at Tynie like we had with Griffiths and Riordan.

Thomson's career is effectively finished.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Just a tad OTT :rolleyes: We were poor, but the saints were never scoring 8.........

:agree:

He has to start against "Them" IMO and take control. He is a football player that has a nice touch, passing vision that nobody else at the club has.

Just don't expect a classic (again) if this game has anything to go by!.. :wink:

I wouldn't play him and yesterday re-affirmed that.

Maybe eight is a tad exaggerated but Murdoch made three VERY good saves that prevented certain goals.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Leithenhibby
23-03-2014, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't play him and yesterday re-affirmed that.

Maybe eight is a tad exaggerated but Murdoch made three VERY good saves that prevented certain goals.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Granted, he was in fine form. Just a pity about the other ten... :rolleyes:

The biggest disappointment for me is the way Liam Craig has preformed since his arrival....

.Sean.
23-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Thomson played in the first derby at Tynecastle, fully fit after full pre season, and was absolutely woeful as were the rest of the team against the worst Hearts team I have ever seen in an absolutely dire Derby match.

We have no player in our squad who is the 'magic formula' for a win at Tynie like we had with Griffiths and Riordan.

:faf:

Good one.

Borderhibbie76
23-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Has to start next week for his experience if nothing else. Dont agree he was our best outfield player yest, Stanton was head and shoulders above everyone else for me but thomo must start in Derby. Fwiw if McGivern and Craig play next week...I will start to worry about Butcher...Both were horrendous yest and Craig should be stripped if captaincy imo...never kicked a ball in months

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TornadoHibby
23-03-2014, 01:47 PM

Remind me not to ask you for Lottery number predictions at any time ever! :greengrin :greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 09:38 PM
T thought he did ok given he was returning after 'injury' but he was nothing special

Spike Mandela
23-03-2014, 09:59 PM
:faf:

Good one.

Didn't mean to be as disrespectful as it sounds. I admired Kevin as a player.

However between injuries, lack of pace and lack of game time it will be interesting to see where he ends up next season. For me at SPL level or higher he is finished. He might carry on in the GOC fashion about the World picking up paydays and in lower leagues but for me Kevin's had his day.

Edit..Cue a motm performance next week.:wink:

500miles
23-03-2014, 10:24 PM
It's not Kevin Thomson we've missed in any of the games I've seen, it's been a fit Scott Robertson we've needed.

Stonewall
24-03-2014, 05:51 AM
It's not Kevin Thomson we've missed in any of the games I've seen, it's been a fit Scott Robertson we've needed.

Yes...But with KT alongside.

yekimevol
24-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Our best player, no surprise seeing as he's the best player at the club. Glad Butcher finally seen sense.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Potty78
29-03-2014, 11:57 AM
:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

No playing tomorrow I gather. Don't know team though. Strange decision in my opinion.

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 12:11 PM
No playing tomorrow I gather. Don't know team though. Strange decision in my opinion.

No he's not, there's a few changes from last week so he's no the only one.

3pm
29-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm not surprised.

007 Mickey Weir
29-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Weird. Who is? Really struggling for quality at the moment. Please let Watmore be starting!

keep the faith
29-03-2014, 12:30 PM

If true thats absolutely mental.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-03-2014, 01:04 PM
If true thats absolutely mental.

How? He wasn't any better than any of the other players and for somebody who had an opportunity to stamp his authority on a match, he sadly failed miserably.

He's been out the team too long and his reputation had superseded his actual ability. Last Saturday confirmed that he doesn't deserve a place in the team.

Hiber-nation
29-03-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm not surprised.

I am very surprised and very worried.

Mr White
29-03-2014, 01:11 PM
If kt isnt involved I'd hope it's taiwo and stanton in the middle, Watmore and cairney wide with heffernan and collins up top. Not ideal but we should be taking the game to them, testing their full backs and putting their defence under as much pressure as possible.

Aldo
29-03-2014, 01:27 PM
If kt isnt involved I'd hope it's taiwo and stanton in the middle, Watmore and cairney wide with heffernan and collins up top. Not ideal but we should be taking the game to them, testing their full backs and putting their defence under as much pressure as possible.

Agreed. We must get at them and push them back at every opportunity.

If we play 442 then it has to be the Heff and Collins with Watmore on the right. Hoping he can rip McTattie a new one.

keep the faith
29-03-2014, 01:35 PM
How? He wasn't any better than any of the other players and for somebody who had an opportunity to stamp his authority on a match, he sadly failed miserably.

He's been out the team too long and his reputation had superseded his actual ability. Last Saturday confirmed that he doesn't deserve a place in the team.

Because he is our best player. Because he has vision, dig, can pick a pass and as a hibs supporter knows what a derby is all about. Not many others in the squad have any of these attributes.

Your dislike of KT is pretty clear on here but IMO he should be the first name on the teamsheet tomorrow,

lumbo_hfc
29-03-2014, 01:44 PM

What player deserves a place more than him? He is still head and shoulders above everything we have in our squad except maybe Robertson, who is injured anyway!! The sooner people get over the fact he moved to rangers, the better!!! ****ing clueless!!

Pete
29-03-2014, 01:52 PM
What player deserves a place more than him? He is still head and shoulders above everything we have in our squad except maybe Robertson, who is injured anyway!! The sooner people get over the fact he moved to rangers, the better!!! ****ing clueless!!

So people who don't think he should walk into the team are clueless and it's really because he signed for rangers?

He's good but he isn't good enough to be the first name on my teamsheet. I'll trust Terry to pick the team over fans who think they know better.

PeeJay
29-03-2014, 01:55 PM
So people who don't think he should walk into the team are clueless and it's really because he signed for rangers?

He's good but he isn't good enough to be the first name on my teamsheet. I'll trust Terry to pick the team over fans who think they know better.

Just going by our current position and our string of recent results - you sure about this? :greengrin

hibsbollah
29-03-2014, 01:56 PM
A tidy but uninspiring player these days. No faster or slower than the rest of our pedestrian midfield, I don't think he'll make a bit of difference to the outcome tomorrow. On balance id rather play Taiwo and Stanton in the central positions but theres not much to choose between any of them.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-03-2014, 01:57 PM

I couldn't care less if he played for Rangers, Hearts or Celtic, or all three for that matter. I don't think he is that good.

Maybe I'm not seeing it or maybe I'm just 'f****n clueless' as you so eloquently put it on a fans opinion forum. What is it he's doing for the Thomo brigade that makes him stand out, I can't see it??

For the record, I wanted him involved last week at McDiarmid but I saw zero evidence of his loyalty to Hibs by grabbing the game and taking control of a s****e St Johnstone midfield.

Maybe we should take off the Thomson-tinted glasses and look at how he actually affects a game other than holding onto the ball or adding dig. Adding dig only required when we are that gash we have to win it back every two minutes.

Pete
29-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Just going by our current position and our string of recent results - you sure about this? :greengrin

Good point. At least he knows who's been the least rubbish in training during the week. :greengrin:

500miles
29-03-2014, 02:10 PM
A tidy but uninspiring player these days. No faster or slower than the rest of our pedestrian midfield, I don't think he'll make a bit of difference to the outcome tomorrow. On balance id rather play Taiwo and Stanton in the central positions but theres not much to choose between any of them.

The problem is, he IS slower than the rest of the midfield. Taiwo, Robertson and OTJ can at least keep up with play. It became clear against Falkirk that you can go past KT at a brisk walking pace. If he was as good as Sauzee and could be moved to centre half as a sweeper, then he could be an asset, but he's not THAT good. Nor does he have the temperament for it.

Thomson is finished at this level. It's not suprising considering his injury history.

hibsbollah
29-03-2014, 03:32 PM
The problem is, he IS slower than the rest of the midfield. Taiwo, Robertson and OTJ can at least keep up with play. It became clear against Falkirk that you can go past KT at a brisk walking pace. If he was as good as Sauzee and could be moved to centre half as a sweeper, then he could be an asset, but he's not THAT good. Nor does he have the temperament for it.

Thomson is finished at this level. It's not suprising considering his injury history.

I think when you start comparing speeds of Thomson, Tudor Jones and Taiwo you are encroaching on the 'bald men fighting over a comb' territory, but I take the point :greengrin

lumbo_hfc
29-03-2014, 03:53 PM

Finished at this level, thats some statement about our best player like. I have seen enough of him at the end of last season and the start of this season to see that played in the correct formation he still has more than enough in the tank to piss this league!

Thomson has never been the quickest player, even in his first spell. So i dont see the point in that being an issue if he was playing with the right players.

If all players were fit, my two centre midfielders would be Robertson and Thomson, perfect balance with Stanton infront playing off the forward. If that was the team for all of this season, we would certainly not be in the *****e we find ourselves in!!!

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Folk saying he deserves to get dropped are hard IMO, he's played his first game back for ages and folk are expecting him to be the messiah. He needs a run in the team. I believe that's butchers problem he chops and changes the team too much, surely he's seen enough of the players now. I've seen the team for tomorrow and there are another 4 or 5 changes which again is par for the course since he came in. We can't keep chopping and changing personel IMO, we are crap but least try get a settled team and see where that takes us no?

S4uzee
29-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Folk saying he deserves to get dropped are hard IMO, he's played his first game back for ages and folk are expecting him to be the messiah. He needs a run in the team. I believe that's butchers problem he chops and changes the team too much, surely he's seen enough of the players now. I've seen the team for tomorrow and there are another 4 or 5 changes which again is par for the course since he came in. We can't keep chopping and changing personel IMO, we are crap but least try get a settled team and see where that takes us no?
I agree that the team changes far too often. I thought it would be a cert that Thomson would be playing and I'd much rather he was!
You've seen the team, is Boateng playing?

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 04:24 PM
I agree that the team changes far too often. I thought it would be a cert that Thomson would be playing and I'd much rather he was!
You've seen the team, is Boateng playing?

Without going into detail for obvious reasons but no he's not playing either

lumbo_hfc
29-03-2014, 04:29 PM

I'm just asking on behalf of everyone else but... Whats the team?

And how do you know? :confused:

jdships
29-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Because he is our best player. Because he has vision, dig, can pick a pass and as a hibs supporter knows what a derby is all about. Not many others in the squad have any of these attributes.

Your dislike of KT is pretty clear on here but IMO he should be the first name on the teamsheet tomorrow,

This is your opinion which you are entitled to as those of us who disagree are entitled to ours :greengrin
Fortunately for all concerned the one person whose opinion REALLY MATTERS is TB

This is nothing to do with likes/dislikes of KT it is about what punters see in front of them on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon .- this forms opinions !!!!
:flag:

S4uzee
29-03-2014, 04:31 PM

Yeah that's fine mate, can sleep a bit easier now

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm just asking on behalf of everyone else but... Whats the team?

And how do you know? :confused:

Ehhhh none of your business how I know and not going to post it on here for obvious reasons :wink:

lumbo_hfc
29-03-2014, 04:32 PM
This is your opinion which you are entitled to as those of us who disagree are entitled to ours :greengrin
Fortunately for all concerned the one person whose opinion REALLY MATTERS is TB

This is nothing to do with likes/dislikes of KT it is about what punters see in front of them on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon .- this forms opinions !!!!
:flag:

How can you form an opinion of a player in 1 game when he has been out so long??

lumbo_hfc
29-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Ehhhh none of your business how I know and not going to post it on here for obvious reasons :wink:

Fair doos :aok:

I had a wee sneaking suspicion that maybury would be playing, would i be correct?

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 04:37 PM

I had a wee sneaking suspicion that maybury would be playing, would i be correct?

maybe :greengrin

Brooster
29-03-2014, 05:18 PM

Marbury is playing, Thomson isn't.

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Marbury is playing, Thomson isn't.

Keep up :greengrin

Brooster
29-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Keep up :greengrin

Haha. Took me too long to type it up. What do you think of the team? I'm not not too sure about it.

Baldy Foghorn
29-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Haha. Took me too long to type it up. What do you think of the team? I'm not not too sure about it.

You have a text:greengrin

Brooster
29-03-2014, 05:41 PM
You have a text:greengrin

Haha good try Brockie. Im not revealing the line up.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Haha good try Brockie. Im not revealing the line up.

How do you know the team? Thought this would be a closely guarded secret

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 05:46 PM

Think it's probably as good as could have expected, from a bunch of guff :greengrin, quietly confident mate.

Brooster
29-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Think it's probably as good as could have expected, from a bunch of guff :greengrin, quietly confident mate.

Haha. I agree. He's made the right changes in the right places in my opinion. I think I would've had thomson in though.

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 05:50 PM
How do you know the team? Thought this would be a closely guarded secret

Probably cause I've pm'd folk that have revealed it :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Hopefully wee Watmore is fit...???

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Hopefully wee Watmore is fit...???

Hes fit

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Good. Silly wee tight pitch won't suit him though(if he's playing).

Mr White
29-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Good. Silly wee tight pitch won't suit him though(if he's playing).

Playing against kevin mchattie or dylan McGowan hopefully will suit him though :greengrin

SMAXXA
29-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Playing against kevin mchattie or dylan McGowan hopefully will suit him though :greengrin

:agree: His games about sucking players in and skipping past them so I think tomorrow will suit him fine. Cue the usual non attendance and piss poor hibs performance where we are asking what happened to x y and zzzzzzz

Unseen work
29-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Got a feeling the team will be

Murdoch

Maybury Forster nelson mcgivern

Watmore taiwo OTJ Stanton handling

Collins