Torto7062
22-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Anyone got a link to Terry's
Interview tonight

gillythehibby
22-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Interview tonight

You dinny need a link. It will be the same reaction TB has been giving for weeks. "That's not good enough" "The fans have seen too many of these performances" "I might need to go with kids" There you go, you've just had the interview.

Onceinawhile
22-03-2014, 09:17 PM
"That's not good enough, hollow threat, loved my time at ict, I've got a dog you know."

Hiber-nation
22-03-2014, 09:22 PM
"That's not good enough, hollow threat, loved my time at ict, I've got a dog you know."

Stop talking such utter pish.

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Interview tonight

Just tune into last weeks show. Or any from the previous 3 or 4 years. :agree:

Torto7062
22-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Guus I've done many coaching sessions
Over the years with current/past managers
and I sympathise with Terry
but don't necessarily agree with
Ripping into the players..sometimes
You need to .....in the dressing room
I still reckon in 18months we will
Wonder what tbe panic was

Hiber-nation
22-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Just tune into last weeks show. Or any from the previous 3 or 4 years. :agree:

You don't half spout some guff which is a shame because you also talk sense sometimes. Butcher's post-match interviews have been different every week. Did you hear today's?

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 10:32 PM
You don't half spout some guff which is a shame because you also talk sense sometimes. Butcher's post-match interviews have been different every week. Did you hear today's?

He hasn't said anything in that interview that we haven't heard already. Most likely because we've heard all of the post match cliches already from several different managers.

I'm not blaming Butcher for this, but it doesn't change the fact that we've heard it all before.

Jonnyboy
22-03-2014, 10:33 PM
He hasn't said anything in that interview that we haven't heard already. Most likely because we've heard all of the post match cliches already from several different managers.

I'm not blaming Butcher for this, but it doesn't change the fact that we've heard it all before.

Really? Said Haynes deserved his red. Haven't heard him saying that before

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 11:05 PM
Really? Said Haynes deserved his red. Haven't heard him saying that before

"We changed the system round and for the first half I thought it worked very well. St Johnstone changed their system round to match ours, which is an indication that we were doing well.

"But from their first attack they scored and we couldn't then respond in the right way and Sean has had to make another good save.

"But we've done well up until the box, again, and we've been powder puff in front of goal, again. I don't think Alan Mannus has had a save to make apart from a Frazer Wright header.

"I said at half-time 'let's go out and give 45 minutes of real effort' but we didn't start the second half particularly well, for whatever reason, and we conceded a very sloppy goal.

"Then the sending-off happened and it was game over really.

"I've got no complaints about the red card. I've seen it a few times now and I don't know why he did that.

"Steven MacLean's had an easy decision to make. When you're 2-0 down and down to 10 men against a side that has got confidence and knows a top-six place is there for them, they're obviously going to see the game out.

"It wasn't a happy second half at all."

Isn't he concerned that we seem to concede goals from teams first real attacks in a game?

He says that we we're powder puff in front of goal. But what about in defence? What about in the midfield that gets over run so easily?

We're not power puff in attack, we're powder puff all over the pitch.

He says we did well in the first half. We didn't do well at all. We conceded a cheap goal and failed to test their goal keeper at any point. How is that doing well exactly?

He said he thought the system worked well. In what way did it work well? In what way were we any better than the last game?

greenlex
22-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Isn't he concerned that we seem to concede goals from teams first real attacks in a game?

He says that we we're powder puff in front of goal. But what about in defence? What about in the midfield that gets over run so easily?

He says we did well in the first half. We didn't do well at all. We conceded a cheap goal and failed to test their goal keeper at any point. How is that doing well exactly?

He said he thought the system worked well. In what way did it work well? In what way were we any better than the last game?
you need to get yourself a burd.

Jonnyboy
22-03-2014, 11:09 PM

So did St. J's assistant coach Calum Davidson! We started well enough, lost a stupid goal, as you say, in their first real attack, and had a half chance or two to draw level which we failed to convert

We were, I agree, poor all over the park with the exception of Murdoch who had a few cracking saves.

I'm not entirely sure what people expect him to say. Whatever he comes out with he's criticised

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 11:19 PM
So did St. J's assistant coach Calum Davidson! We started well enough, lost a stupid goal, as you say, in their first real attack, and had a half chance or two to draw level which we failed to convert

We were, I agree, poor all over the park with the exception of Murdoch who had a few cracking saves.

I'm not entirely sure what people expect him to say. Whatever he comes out with he's criticised

An ex Saints and Hibee was coaching youngsters this week JB and when asked about today and Hibs chances he laughed.....and he's a Hibs man. Says it all. Saints were supremely confident of winning today. I'm just disgusted at players 'downing tools' and showing a lack of professionalism.

I actually feel sorry for Butcher - the players are an utter disgrace.

Jonnyboy
22-03-2014, 11:20 PM
An ex Saints and Hibee was coaching youngsters this week JB and when asked about today and Hibs chances he laughed.....and he's a Hibs man. Says it all. Saints were supremely confident of winning today. I'm just disgusted at players 'downing tools' and showing a lack of professionalism.

No argument here.

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:23 PM

As do I .

I really hope , neigh i believe , he has the mental strength to see out this season and get his own players onboard.
I truly believe he will sign players with the proper mentality who will excell when the going gets tough.

I am 100% behind team Butcher.:flag:

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Just to add , i still rate Liam Craig :thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 11:25 PM

Me too!

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Me too!

Fitba folk ken whit gaun oan mate :aok:

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 11:30 PM

Hope you didn't think I was implying it was LC coaching :greengrin it was DD (ex player) - Liam could do with extra coaching though in my opinion, he's yet another player who thinks you can ball watch in SPFL games.

I'm fully behind the management team too, just sickened at the players and the overall malaise. If two derbies can't lift them, they should pack in football.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Fitba folk ken whit gaun oan mate :aok:

:agree:

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Hope you didn't think I was implying it was LC coaching :greengrin it was DD (ex player) - Liam could do with extra coaching though in my opinion, he's yet another player who thinks you can ball watch in SPFL games.

I'm fully behind the management team too, just sickened at the players and the overall malaise. If two derbies can't lift them, they should pack in football.

Haha , didnt think you meant LC.

John O'neil ?

Saorsa
22-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Haha , didnt think you meant LC.

John O'neil ?Dinnae think John O'neils's initials are DD, maybe I'll no bother with that wine efter all :greengrin

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Dinnae think John O'neils's initials are DD, maybe I'll no bother with that wine efter all :greengrin

Of FFS :rotflmao:

Going all out here.....Darren Dodds :greengrin

Saorsa
22-03-2014, 11:42 PM

Going all out here.....Darren Dodds :greengrin:greengrin

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:44 PM
:greengrin

Nae V buttons ya **** gambler:na na:

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Dinnae think John O'neils's initials are DD, maybe I'll no bother with that wine efter all :greengrin

I've nae doubt John O'Neil would laugh as well DD :greengrin he's a Celtic man though but I'm sure still has a wee eye on the Hibs :aok:

Saorsa
22-03-2014, 11:45 PM

Nae V buttons ya **** gambler:na na:Aye, I was daft enough tae think Hibs might win a game :greengrin

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 11:47 PM

Going all out here.....Darren Dodds :greengrin

:cheers:

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Aye, I was daft enough tae think Hibs might win a game :greengrin

:rotflmao:

Burst my coupon today. Took us at 12/5 thought it was a steal :greengrin I'll never ***** learn.

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:50 PM
:cheers:
Feker pissed off when we were relegated. Wait until i see him. I dont forget easily :greengrin

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Feker pissed off when we were relegated. Wait until i see him. I dont forget easily :greengrin

Big laddie,bring yer gloves and gumshield is all I'm sayin' :wink::greengrin:take that and have a first aid kit on standby :greengrin

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Big laddie,bring yer gloves and gumshield is all I'm sayin' :wink::greengrin:take that and have a first aid kit on standby :greengrin

Im a fast runner mate :greengrin

Springbank
23-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Darren Dods and willie miller should hang their heads in shame from their decisions circa 1998

sleeping giant
23-03-2014, 12:47 AM
Darren Dods and willie miller should hang their heads in shame from their decisions circa 1998

Liked them as Hibs players but that soured it for me :greengrin

truehibernian
23-03-2014, 12:53 AM

Why ? They had families and contracts to earn - both gave many years to Hibs. Nothing to hang their heads about in my book.

Willie drinks in Stockbridge now and again if you ever want to chat to him about it :greengrin he's nae teeth to lose so I'm sure he wouldn't care too much if there was a 'disagreement' :aok: did you think the same about him in 1991 v Dunfermline ?

OsloHibs
23-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Highlights (ahem!) are up on SPFL via youtube. Shocking.

sleeping giant
23-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Why ? They had families and contracts to earn - both gave many years to Hibs. Nothing to hang their heads about in my book.

Willie drinks in Stockbridge now and again if you ever want to chat to him about it :greengrin he's nae teeth to lose so I'm sure he wouldn't care too much if there was a 'disagreement' :aok: did you think the same about him in 1991 v Dunfermline ?

Sorry TH but as far as i remember Hibs did not cut their wage budget so im sure their families would have been catered for.

truehibernian
23-03-2014, 02:25 AM
Sorry TH but as far as i remember Hibs did not cut their wage budget so im sure their families would have been catered for.

Players want to play in the top league mate, and at that time, pay was good amongst all sides, TV deals were good, and the Old Firm was high profile. You can't fault any player for wanting to play in the top of their profession. They gave years of service to Hibs. Profile is important too.

Hearts will lose players this year for the same reason - there is no such thing as loyalty in football these days and certainly not since Bosman.

Anyway, Hibs bounced back better than ever....and would you rather have Sauzee or big Darren :greengrin:aok:

HoboHarry
23-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Players want to play in the top league mate, and at that time, pay was good amongst all sides, TV deals were good, and the Old Firm was high profile. You can't fault any player for wanting to play in the top of their profession. They gave years of service to Hibs. Profile is important too.

Hearts will lose players this year for the same reason - there is no such thing as loyalty in football these days and certainly not since Bosman.

Anyway, Hibs bounced back better than ever....and would you rather have Sauzee or big Darren :greengrin:aok:
In fairness to Darren I would have taken Le God at any time and in place of anyone. I was in awe of him from the first game he played. I never thought I would have a favorite after the likes of John Blackley and Jim O'Rourke but big Franck was the real deal for me.....

NOLA
23-03-2014, 04:29 AM
Guus I've done many coaching sessions
Over the years with current/past managers
and I sympathise with Terry
but don't necessarily agree with
Ripping into the players..sometimes
You need to .....in the dressing room
I still reckon in 18months we will
Wonder what tbe panic was
couldnt have said it better myself :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
23-03-2014, 08:55 AM
you need to get yourself a burd.

haha,thanks for making me laugh,needed this after recent results!