PDA

View Full Version : Will we win again this season?

Forza Fred
22-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Serious question.

If so, against whom?

I can't see us doing anything other than a goal less draw.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2014, 07:32 PM
We will win again this season but I don't see us winning any more than twice in our last 7 matches.

Which is ridiculous considering that six of those matches are against teams who are currently below us.

shagpile
22-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Serious question.

If so, against whom?

Can't see us winning any of the remaining games.

Steve20
22-03-2014, 07:41 PM
No.

Speedway
22-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Serious question.

If so, against whom?

When all the important games are gone and the meaningless is all that remains, we'll deliver a draw or two.

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I reckon we'll somehow scrape a win together, including a draw or 2. Which will see us safe from the play offs. But I don't think we'll finish 7th.

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 07:46 PM
When all the important games are gone and the meaningless is all that remains, we'll deliver a draw or two.

Believe me, it won't be meaningless to these other 4 teams fighting to avoid the play offs.

greenlex
22-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Every week there is a defeat its suicide watch on here FFS. Of course we will. A couple of wins and we will be looking forward to second place and a couple of cup wins next season. Its the way we are.

Centre Hawf
22-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I don't see where the goals are coming from sadly.

leggeto
22-03-2014, 07:56 PM
I think we will finish 7th

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Every week there is a defeat its suicide watch on here FFS. Of course we will. A couple of wins and we will be looking forward to second place and a couple of cup wins next season. Its the way we are.

I think thats part of the problem we have. We're quick to sway from one extreme to the other, based on the latest result. Rather than looking at the bigger picture.

HibsNutter
22-03-2014, 08:02 PM

Spot on.

Franck Stanton
22-03-2014, 08:06 PM
With a bit of luck, we will win the play-off game - after extra time and penalties. wish the season was over to be honest. Sooner we have a clear-out the better.

Cameron1875
22-03-2014, 08:10 PM
We'll beat Hearts at home. Thats it though.

Scottie
22-03-2014, 08:21 PM
As every week go's by I'm getting a little more concerned.
Personally can't see where the next win is coming from as I can't see us scoring anytime soon.
Just hope it's next week at the Wongadome. :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Not convinced we can tbh. We'll bottle as usual next week and get humped by Aberdeen. After the split will be a battle and I'm not sure this team has it in it to win a battle. It'll go right to the wire imo.

BH Hibs
22-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Yes next Sunday *****bags GGTTH

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Did we not win almost every game after split last year even though Leigh missed games ? League is weaker this year so would hope for at least a couple of wins after split .

Pretty Boy
22-03-2014, 08:40 PM
We'll start winning games again when we sign defenders who can stop the opposition scoring, midfielders who can create and a striker who can ****ing score.

I'm not optimistic about the rest of this season because we have none of those things.

HappyAsHellas
In another thread someone said:

Results against bottom 6 clubs under Terry

Killie: Win, Draw
Partick: Draw, Defeat
Ross County: Win, Win
St mirren: Draw, Defeat
Hearts: Win

4 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats. Its our record against the top teams that is murder and thats been the case for the last few seasons.

I think Butcher will get enough out the team for us to get the points needed to stay up but it will be much tighter than it should have been.

Not too bad then eh?

Forza Fred
I think thats part of the problem we have. We're quick to sway from one extreme to the other, based on the latest result. Rather than looking at the bigger picture.

With al due respect, it IS the bigger picture that indicates the problem, and hence the question.

Waxy
22-03-2014, 08:44 PM
I reckon we'll get two or three wins.
This place seems to attract alot of depressed souls after a defeat.

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2014, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Centre Hawf;3939895]I don't see where the goals are coming from sadly

Through the middle of our crap defense.

Waxy
22-03-2014, 08:52 PM
I rest my case.

Forza Fred
22-03-2014, 08:54 PM

Love that family positive spirit!

Diclonius
22-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Our best chances are perversely the two remaining games against the bottom team in the Premiership and statistically the worst team in the Scottish top flight for years.

I say perversely because it's them.

stevejordan
22-03-2014, 09:02 PM
we have won one game in our last 13 games if you include the Cup i do not think we will win another game this season but we have 8 points security over St Mirren roll on next season onwards and upwards to top 6 next season has to be our goal

leggeto
22-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Love that family positive spirit!

6 points from the big team should see us ok

Ronniekirk
22-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Would be nice if Petrie and butcher could do a joint press conference and tell us what the bigger picture is as just now it's hard to imagine one existing .At least with hearts you know what it isRelegation ,Liquidation ,lower League football ,learn to live within means ,Suffer, Penance and then eventually possible Redemption . But we will always be there to remind them how they cheated , got caught out and tried to wriggle out accepting responsibility for their actions

greenlex
22-03-2014, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=Centre Hawf;3939895]I don't see where the goals are coming from sadly

Through the middle of our crap defense. Anyone who spells defence like that should not be taken seriously.

The Voice Of Reason
22-03-2014, 09:27 PM
No - don't think so.

Saorsa
22-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Efter last week and this, it's pretty difficult tae see where it is coming from TBH. I think we'll maybe scrape a few points here and there and avoid the dreaded play off but anybody discounting it :hmmm:

Ronniekirk
22-03-2014, 09:34 PM
we have won one game in our last 13 games if you include the Cup i do not think we will win another game this season but we have 8 points security over St Mirren roll on next season onwards and upwards to top 6 next season has to be our goal
Think st mirren could take something from st Johnstone midweek in Paisley as they have now achieved top 6 and will be happy to rest players for cup semi or give fringe players the chance to stake claim

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 09:37 PM
With al due respect, it IS the bigger picture that indicates the problem, and hence the question.

My post wasn't in reference to your original post mate, you're quite entitled to ask the question whether people think we'll win another game or not.

I just meant that the general attitude of the fanbase seems to sway from one extreme to the next, based on 1 result.

Would be nice if Petrie and butcher could do a joint press conference and tell us what the bigger picture is as just now it's hard to imagine one existing .At least with hearts you know what it isRelegation ,Liquidation ,lower League football ,learn to live within means ,Suffer, Penance and then eventually possible Redemption . But we will always be there to remind them how they cheated , got caught out and tried to wriggle out accepting responsibility for their actions

When I say "bigger picture". I'm not referring to all this 5 year plan nonsense. I'm talking about the ability of the fans to assess the entire season as a whole, instead of failing to see beyond the last result.

stevejordan
22-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Efter last week and this, it's pretty difficult tae see where it is coming from TBH. I think we'll maybe scrape a few points here and there and avoid the dreaded play off but anybody discounting it :hmmm:

Petrie wants the play offs think off the Revenue

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Will we? Wont we? Who knows? Who cares? I have lost interest now.

Onceinawhile
22-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Yes. Versus Ross County. Should be enough to see us safe.

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 10:29 PM

Not discounting it Jamie but think we will be safe. We need to start planning for next season NOW. Blood the kids like we used to when our season was over with 12 games to go :greengrin

Saorsa
22-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Not discounting it Jamie but think we will be safe. We need to start planning for next season NOW. Blood the kids like we used to when our season was over with 12 games to go :greengrinJimmy, I think I'm going tae start drinking red wine instead of beer & whisky, seems tae dae the trick for you. :greengrin

sleeping giant
22-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Jimmy, I think I'm going tae start drinking red wine instead of beer & whisky, seems tae dae the trick for you. :greengrin

:hilarious:drunk:

Hermit Crab
22-03-2014, 11:50 PM
No. We will lose next week too