PDA

View Full Version : Murdoch

The Green Goblin
22-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Listening to the commentary today and they said Murdoch pulled off a series of amazing saves from what would have been certain goals. Sounds as if he saved us from a real doing today. Hard to find any positives from today but maybe this is one of them.

Borderhibbie76
22-03-2014, 07:40 PM
He was a standout today saved us from real hiding and imo should keep his place next week

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tollhouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 07:41 PM
He was a standout today saved us from real hiding and imo should keep his place next week

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It was 2 going on 6 had it not been for Murdoch.

Baldy
22-03-2014, 07:54 PM
he was culpable for the first but I put that down to him being too keen to try and impose himself ... however he had just made an outstanding double save then continued to produce great saves.

as Williams is leaving, I would put Murdoch in for the rest of the season

Diclonius
22-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Normally I'd put him in goals for our next game based on that performance.

However, it's Hearts and that's a completely different ball game. Also, given that Murdoch is a Hibs fan I'd be worried about nerves overcoming him. Williams back in for me.

Centre Hawf
22-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Was excellent today and like most said he saved us from a real hiding.

Not a complaint from me if he plays the rest of the season if Ben is leaving

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Surely we can't have a keeper just as good as Williams, i didn't think they existed on what we can afford?

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 08:37 PM
he was culpable for the first but I put that down to him being too keen to try and impose himself ... however he had just made an outstanding double save then continued to produce great saves.

as Williams is leaving, I would put Murdoch in for the rest of the season

Yes then we can pick up a keeper from the English leagues who is just as good if not better than Williams, they're in abundance in England apparently.

heretoday
22-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Put him in next week if he's on form. He'll have plenty to do.

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Normally I'd put him in goals for our next game based on that performance.

However, it's Hearts and that's a completely different ball game. Also, given that Murdoch is a Hibs fan I'd be worried about nerves overcoming him. Williams back in for me.

I think we're better off going with a player who supports the club and is eger to stay, rather than a player that can't wait to leave.

Murdoch will have a point to prove in the derby, Williams won't have anything left to prove.

HibsNutter
22-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Respect Murdoch a lot. By the look of his tweets he seems delighted to have been able to play for the team he supports, would happily see him play next week.

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Was very impressed by Murdoch in match in Gibraltar and glad to see him getting a chance .

Cameron1875
22-03-2014, 09:08 PM
I think we're better off going with a player who supports the club and is eger to stay, rather than a player that can't wait to leave.

Murdoch will have a point to prove in the derby, Williams won't have anything left to prove.

Think Williams missus has been due to give birth for the last couple of weeks so guess that will have been playing on his mind.
Don't think Ben has let us down at tynie so far either so I'd be a lot more confident sticking him in goal.

Scottie
22-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Very happy the lad's getting his chance at last. Clean sheet next week please Sean :aok:

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Think Williams missus has been due to give birth for the last couple of weeks so guess that will have been playing on his mind.
Don't think Ben has let us down at tynie so far either so I'd be a lot more confident sticking him in goal.

I agree that he hasn't let us down so far. But with the birth of his child on his mind and other things, I fear his mind just wouldn't be in it this time.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2014, 09:24 PM

Apart from the 1st goal in the Caldwell game last season when he came for 3 corners in the 1st half, missed them all and was finally punished at the 3rd one?

Sean Murdoch is a very good goalkeeper who has played a fair few games in the SPL and 1st division. If he's got the gloves then he deserves to keep them. Williams has been pretty poor at times this season and I would have been looking to make a change even if it wasn't enforced.

Jonnyboy
22-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Only player worth a pass mark today

EdinMike
22-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Sean was my keeper at school, super happy for him and glad he had a good game today. Hope he keeps the gloves for the rest of the season, he deserves his shot !

B.H.F.C
22-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Bit like Williams really. Plenty good saves but didn't deal with a ball in from a corner when he should have just come and cleared everyone out.

Plenty good saves today though and it could have been worse if it wasn't for him.

Greencore
23-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Good to see him getting a chance for us this season, No dis respect to Williams but if the romours are true and he is heading down south why not play Murdoch for the remaining games to get the boy some confidence, Yes he had ONE good game but it would show that Butcher has faith in him.

PeterboroHibee
23-03-2014, 07:56 AM
I think yesterday was the first time Id seen him in goals, and he was decent. He seems a good shot stopper, and was fairly comfortable apart from his mistake on the first goal. The only real negative was that his distribution was a bit hit and miss (something that was apparent during the warm up!), but I think he probably deserves to keep his place next week.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-03-2014, 08:14 AM
What he needs is more games and the benefits that come with it.

Eyrie
23-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Murdoch is out of contract, so if it's true that Williams is away then it makes sense to give Murdoch the rest of the season to show if he deserves a new deal here. That wouldn't stop us bringing in someone better in the summer, or at least competition for next season.