PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Anyone the game able to give player ratings?

Cheers guys:aok:

Hiber-nation
22-03-2014, 06:48 PM

Murdoch 7 - would have been 8 but at fault for the 1st goal
Forster 5 - struggled
Nelson 5 - has played worse I suppose
Boateng 6 - did well against May in 1st half
McGivern 1 - horrendous. The worst performance by a Hibs full back since McQuilken in the play-offs. Yes, even worse than last week.
Taiwo 5 - never a right midfielder but kept at it
Thomson 6 - our best outfield player and will start on Sunday
Stanton 5 - flitted in and out as they say
Craig 3 - I thought he started off ok but then deteriorated rapidly
Haynes 3 - Wasn't doing too badly until he lost the plot
Heff 3 - never threatened

Cairney looked quite sharp when he came on.

Kept the ball well for most of the 1st half, 1 piece of awful defending and we're a goal down then we're relying on our keeper to keep us in it, especially after the red card. 5-0 would have been fair enough in the end. No idea how we're going to win next Sunday.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Murdoch 7 - would have been 8 but at fault for the 1st goal
Forster 5 - struggled
Nelson 5 - has played worse I suppose
Boateng 6 - did well against May in 1st half
McGivern 1 - horrendous. The worst Hibs performance by a Hibs full back since McQuilken in the play-offs. Yes, even worse than last week.
Taiwo 5 - never a right midfielder but kept at it
Thomson 6 - our best outfield player and will start on Sunday
Stanton 5 - flitted in and out as they say
Craig 3 - I thought he started off ok but then deteriorated rapidly
Haynes 3 - Wasn't doing too badly until he lost the plot
Heff 3 - never threatened

Cairney looked quite sharp when he came on.

Kept the ball well for most of the 1st half, 1 piece of awful defending and we're a goal down then we're relying on our keeper to keep us in it, especially after the red card. 5-0 would have been fair enough in the end. No idea how we're going to win next Sunday.

Dont think we will TBH mate. Where was Craig playing?

Hiber-nation
22-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Dont think we will TBH mate. Where was Craig playing?

Left mid in front of McGivern. Midfield was a sort of diamond until the red card. We were tortured down the left flank all 2nd half although Haynes' stupidity didn't exactly help.

Barney McGrew
22-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Pass marks for Murdoch.

Everyone else was woeful.

Tollhouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Murdoch 8 - our MOM and must start next wk
Forster 6 - decent defending, nit really helped by Taiwo. Poor crossing tho.
Nelson 6 - Steady but poor distribution again. Stop the long hoofs pls
Boateng 5 - Arsenal don't make good defenders
McGivern 1 - Only for turning up. Abysmal again. Never got to the by line and crossing was atrocious.
Thomson 6 - Decent first game back
Taiwo 5 - Can't play right mid. Killed every attack with a backward pass
Stanton 5 - Looked a bit lost today. Did not get a grip of the game. Would like to see him with Thomson in the centre.
Craig 0 - He is an Oxygen thief.
Heffernan 5 -Tried but balls were just hoofs up front and the Heff is not a target man
Haynes 3 - full of running till a rush of blood

Subs
No real impact. Handling almost anonymous. Cairney tried to be direct. Lewis was just Lewis.

Baldy
22-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Murdoch 7 - would have been a 9 but at fault for first even though he saved it from being 6

Forster - 4 Poor but best of bad bunch at back .. play him at CH next week
Nelson - 3, no pace, no positioning and hoofed the ball to no one every time
Boetang - 3, Can not see how he is at Arsenal?
McGivern - 1, absolutely woeful, can't tackle, cant track a man, cant cross a ball, cant be classed as a footballer

Taiwo - 5 Best of our midfield, broke up their play and tried his heart out
Craig - 3, good in first 10 mins then nowt, absolutely hee haw, as for a captain, please hand the arm band back
Thomson - 2 , Kevin this is exactly why you haven't been getting a game, no pace, no right foot, no drive and the petulance for the yellow card sums up your career

Stanton - 5 - at least tried hard and made some driving runs

Haynes - 1, headless chicken springs to mind, but a stupid red card that not one Hibs players or management complained about so must have been worthy
Heffernan - 5, Ran his backside off with no support and only hoof balls were given to him, he got no change from a back 4 who all dealt with the balls out the air

SaulGoodman
22-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Craig 0 - He is an Oxygen thief. .

Bit much

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Murdoch 8 - our MOM and must start next wk
Forster 6 - decent defending, nit really helped by Taiwo. Poor crossing tho.
Nelson 6 - Steady but poor distribution again. Stop the long hoofs pls
Boateng 5 - Arsenal don't make good defenders
McGivern 1 - Only for turning up. Abysmal again. Never got to the by line and crossing was atrocious.
Thomson 6 - Decent first game back
Taiwo 5 - Can't play right mid. Killed every attack with a backward pass
Stanton 5 - Looked a bit lost today. Did not get a grip of the game. Would like to see him with Thomson in the centre.
Craig 0 - He is an Oxygen thief.
Heffernan 5 -Tried but balls were just hoofs up front and the Heff is not a target man
Haynes 3 - full of running till a rush of blood

Subs
No real impact. Handling almost anonymous. Cairney tried to be direct. Lewis was just Lewis.

Thats an absolutely appalling thing to say.

Ronaldo9
23-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Murdoch 7 - would have been a 9 but at fault for first even though he saved it from being 6

Forster - 4 Poor but best of bad bunch at back .. play him at CH next week
Nelson - 3, no pace, no positioning and hoofed the ball to no one every time
Boetang - 3, Can not see how he is at Arsenal?
McGivern - 1, absolutely woeful, can't tackle, cant track a man, cant cross a ball, cant be classed as a footballer

Taiwo - 5 Best of our midfield, broke up their play and tried his heart out
Craig - 3, good in first 10 mins then nowt, absolutely hee haw, as for a captain, please hand the arm band back
Thomson - 2 , Kevin this is exactly why you haven't been getting a game, no pace, no right foot, no drive and the petulance for the yellow card sums up your career

Stanton - 5 - at least tried hard and made some driving runs

Haynes - 1, headless chicken springs to mind, but a stupid red card that not one Hibs players or management complained about so must have been worthy
Heffernan - 5, Ran his backside off with no support and only hoof balls were given to him, he got no change from a back 4 who all dealt with the balls out the air

Seems u may have been watchin a different game re Thomson. Wasn't at the game but by all accounts was our best outfield player.

Baldy
23-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Seems u may have been watchin a different game re Thomson. Wasn't at the game but by all accounts was our best outfield player.

not in my opinion, he was slow, he didn't track their midfield runners, he didn't tackle, "going forward" he didn't do anything to put our strikers through, he was blowing out his backside after 25 mins, he got booked for petulance and over all was poor,

This was his chance to show Butcher why he should be in the team, unfortunately I don't think he seized his chance

PeterboroHibee
23-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Murdoch 7 - Some good saves, at fault for the goal.

Forster 6 - Thought he was okay, although Im not convinced hes the answer going forward as a RB. Would rather see him at CB.
Nelson 6 - One of Nelsons better performances imo. Still a few mistakes, but we were getting hammered at times and there was no help from midfield.
Boateng 6 - Again I thought he was okay. Did well against May and he does have a bit of pace. Possibly prone to the odd lapse in concentration.
McGivern 0 - Hes really, really poor. I dont know if its a lack of confidence, but he never seems to want the ball, never seems switched on (ie when the ball is played to him he seems to be behind play, rather than being positive), and the quality of his crossing is dire.

Taiwo 5 - He works hard for the team, but I dont think a midfield with him, Thomson and Craig really works (or is necessary).
Craig 3 - He was poor again yesterday. Quite a bad touch, doesnt move the ball quickly enough.
Thomson 6 - Thomson has a lot of qualities that others in the team dont, so it was good to see him back. Daft formation for him to be played in though, hes someone who could easily get moves going but he has limited options in front of him.
Stanton 5 - Im a big fan of Stanton and as with Thomson, hes far better technically than most of his team mates. Im not convinced Butcher really knows how to best utilise him though, as I dont think it worked yesterday.

Heffernan 5 - Chances were limited for him yesterday, and chasing after the ball shouldnt really be his game.
Haynes 3 - Did well on occasions winning the ball, and had the odd moment of skill, but his decision making was poor and needless sending off.

Butcher 2 - Strange tactics from him yesterday imo. I dont think the diamond formation works for or suits the players we have available, and almost negated the few players we have who might be able to do something. It also relies heavily on width from the full backs, neither whom have a great deal of quality going forward. I also think the midfield struggled to compete with the opposition players, and didnt provide a great deal of protection for the defe

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 10:12 AM
So Murdoch has a howler (he was at fault) for the 1st goal and gets a 7 but Butcher gets a 2 LOL

PeterboroHibee
23-03-2014, 10:19 AM
So Murdoch has a howler (he was at fault) for the 1st goal and gets a 7 but Butcher gets a 2 LOL

Butcher sent out a team that didnt have 1 shot on target the whole game.... FWIW I like him, and think he will turn us around, but he got it very wrong yesterday imo.

Murdoch made one error which was poor, but he made quite a few blinding saves which stopped it from being another hammering.

Saturdays Hero
23-03-2014, 10:27 AM
I agree regarding Butcher ie liking him,but to give Murdoch 7 after being at fault for the 1st .....interesting if he was to be at fault for a goal against Hertz would he get a 7 ......We could win next week (hopefully) and play utter **** & there will be players getting 8,9,10s just because it's Hertz,I'll start giving players 7,8,9s when were on a consistent run of form & they deserve it but to give a goalie 7 in a game we lose & he's at fault for the goal,no chance more a 5.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-03-2014, 11:25 AM
not in my opinion, he was slow, he didn't track their midfield runners, he didn't tackle, "going forward" he didn't do anything to put our strikers through, he was blowing out his backside after 25 mins, he got booked for petulance and over all was poor,

This was his chance to show Butcher why he should be in the team, unfortunately I don't think he seized his chance

Totally agreed. Was at the game yesterday and this was his chance to boss the midfield. He didn't.

Don't forget St Johnstone are missing their best midfielder in Davidson and they still dominated us.

In my opinion Kevin can leave in the summer. Couldn't care less what's he's own or who he's played for.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

cabbage_88
23-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I agree regarding Butcher ie liking him,but to give Murdoch 7 after being at fault for the 1st .....interesting if he was to be at fault for a goal against Hertz would he get a 7 ......We could win next week (hopefully) and play utter **** & there will be players getting 8,9,10s just because it's Hertz,I'll start giving players 7,8,9s when were on a consistent run of form & they deserve it but to give a goalie 7 in a game we lose & he's at fault for the goal,no chance more a 5.

He was at fault for the first goal but the scoreline could have easily been 4, 5 or 6-0 if it wasn't for him so I'd say he was definitely worthy of a 7. Made some great saves

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Oh and Liam Craig was that bad his ratings could fall below zero. His play at times hindered us and I did think if he had been removed we might have achieved more.

Murdoch, Boetang (for keeping May quiet) and Stanton are the only ones with pass marks.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Ronaldo9
23-03-2014, 11:36 AM

You must have been at a different game coz according to all the reports I've read Thomson played 2 great passes inside the full backs to set up Haynes. Who managed to miss the target twice.

Again, just going on the match reports.

Weir7
23-03-2014, 01:19 PM

Saw him win the ball back getting his body in between man and ball. Three times he slid ball through to forwards

His role was to sit deep in a diamond.

First start for for along time. Fitness will improve with games

Based on your assesment of the game your looking for roy Keane at his peak playing for hibs

ancient hibee
23-03-2014, 01:46 PM
He was at fault for the first goal but the scoreline could have easily been 4, 5 or 6-0 if it wasn't for him so I'd say he was definitely worthy of a 7. Made some great saves

I think letting in a first goal is far more important than keeping the score down later.

Hiber-nation
23-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I think letting in a first goal is far more important than keeping the score down later.

He made 2 fantastic saves before he let the first goal in. It was a bad mistake but organisation-wise it doesn't help when Nelson and McGivern are part of your back 4.

R'Albin
23-03-2014, 07:35 PM
He made 2 fantastic saves before he let the first goal in. It was a bad mistake but organisation-wise it doesn't help when Nelson and McGivern are part of your back 4.

Did the corner come directly from the double save as well?

To add to your point about McGivern and Nelson, I notice that McGivern is in Murdoch's way for the first goal. If the goalkeeper has shouted for that then you McGivern has to take a share of the blame.

Hiber-nation
23-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Did the corner come directly from the double save as well?

Aye.

Unseen work
23-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Just watched te highlights, that's looked brutal. Not one hibs chance!
Can't remember the last time that every game we played you felt we could create/ out score other teams. Frustrating as anything watching teams constantly out play us

We look so unorganised and unfit

I really hope butcher gets rid of prob about 80% of the squad in the summer. Very few are worthy of a place for where we want to go

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 08:44 PM

I sometimes wonder why we bother with this thread as we don't collectively rate many players ,in fact we spend more time Berating them

Hib17
24-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Having been at Partick and Perth I really cannot split the worst performance . In both games started off the better and then lose goals that opposition don't even have to fight for. Expect second half fight backs following half time words of wisdom from TB but they come out and don't even look interested , don't track runners and look unfit. Stevenson puts everything into a game when he's on and he sits on a bench. I wanted Thomson back mainly for his experience and really think him and Taiwo could work but the ridiculous booking of Thomson had him unable to fully commit to challenges. Craig has lost the plot and we sorely miss Robertson.McGivern woefully exposed at times and probably looks worst cause of no midfield support. I also wanted Heffernan back but needs to sort his fitness cause he still has it.