PDA

View Full Version : Settle down - He's working with ALOT of garbage!

California-Hibs
22-03-2014, 05:13 PM
People on here need to get a good grip of themselves. Butcher is working with a squad that is largely nowhere near good enough, and he knows this! Now yes, man management wise he hasn't made the best moving making a lot of them aware of this, this has been a mistake, he should have held back until the end of the season.

You know what though, there isn't a man more determined and with more passion to turn us around. I actually think this is part of the reason he couldn't hold back saying there's going to be major squad changes in the summer.

Some will say 'no we don't need wholesale changes, this is the problem' etc. what a load of rubbish that statement is! We DO need wholesale changes and Butcher and his team have a record of getting good signings in.

I'm still firmly with Butcher, I already know he's going to succeed, yep I'm THAT confident to say it. A good 3 month summer will see a dramatic change.

What are people expecting with such limited players?!

HibsNutter
22-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Any judgement on Butcher should be reserved until halfway through next season at the very least. He'll turn this around.

Bobby's Cinema
22-03-2014, 05:17 PM
One thing that has been proven more than anything, this nonsense about Pat leaving us a good base to work from is total s****.

The_Horde
22-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Settle down? We're reliant on this squad to keep us out of the play off place and Terry can't seem to get them to even look like they're trying to play for us.

weonlywon6-2
22-03-2014, 05:18 PM
we have never been a good team just going through a bad patch,were just very poor

hearts will be favourites next week in what will be the two poorest edinburgh teams playing each other for decades

Onceinawhile
22-03-2014, 05:20 PM
I know. Remember when Fenlon took us to mcdairmid and Firhill and we got pumped?

Butcher isn't getting enough out of the players at his disposal. No excuse for it. 1 win in 12 now? Sackable imo.

Heisenberg
22-03-2014, 05:20 PM
One thing that has been proven more than anything, this nonsense about Pat leaving us a good base to work from is total s****.

At least he tried his best though.

Heisenberg
22-03-2014, 05:21 PM
I know. Remember when Fenlon took us to mcdairmid and Firhill and we got pumped?

Butcher isn't getting enough out of the players at his disposal. No excuse for it. 1 win in 12 now? Sackable imo.

Sackable? Get a grip. He's been here 5 months.

California-Hibs
22-03-2014, 05:21 PM
;3939599']Settle down? We're reliant on this squad to keep us out of the play off place and Terry can't seem to get them to even look like they're trying to play for us.

Some individuals attitudes won't be changed by anyone regardless. That's why they go on to play at a much lower standard than Hibs and the SPL. Just take a look at where the majority of this squad is playing next season.

What he SHOULD do, although I completely understand he'll feel it a massive risk as we aren't confirmed safe yet, is go with the kids in all the remaining games. Rest assured he will though once (bloody hopefully) we are safe.

Nando™
22-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Give him (and Marsella) the summer to make the changes they feel we need.

Judge them once they have made their own impression upon the club.

We'll be just fine next season, and I predict that our resurgence will resemble Aberdeen's. We probably won't win any trophies like they have, but the difference in the quality of the squad will be massive.

If ever there was a time to support a manager with money, it's this summer.

And yes, that was directed at Rod Petrie and, you, the supporters of Hibernian.

kaimendhibs
22-03-2014, 05:23 PM
We are garbage and I don't know why it's so bad. But I and many others have renewed for next season so I think that proves a belief that TB will get it right.

Sent from my iphone

Elephant Stone

When he left we were a handful of points off second place and we had the second best defence in the league, sounds like a good base to work from to me.

California-Hibs

Sackable? Another part of our problems is Hibs fans like you. Horrendous attitude and judgement. Harsh, but true!

Keith_M
22-03-2014, 05:24 PM

So you want Butcher sacked?

The_Horde
22-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Don't get me wrong I support terry. But I won't be settling down until he can manage to actually win us some points again and keep us out of that danger zone.

Aldo
22-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I know. Remember when Fenlon took us to mcdairmid and Firhill and we got pumped? Butcher isn't getting enough out of the players at his disposal. No excuse for it. 1 win in 12 now? Sackable imo.

Wtf... Bed wetting award of the week. We are ***** simple as that. Butcher knows this. He can only pish with the one he has. Sackable really!!

Tbh didn't expect anything else tbh. We are shipping goals.

This time next season and we are this bad then maybe and a big maybe but to say sack him now is comical.

matty_f
22-03-2014, 05:27 PM
;3939599']Settle down? We're reliant on this squad to keep us out of the play off place and Terry can't seem to get them to even look like they're trying to play for us.

Agree with that, I can cut Butcher a little bit of slack because he had very little to work with - to the point where he's needing to play people out of position or stick with out of form players because there's no alternative.

I do think he's shown his hand too early in making it clear that he's going to make big changes so there will be a few players there going through the motions and maybe even being disruptive. Butcher needs to get a handle on that asap. He needs everyone behind him right now and I don't believe he has that at the moment.

Butcher needs to grind out results now, it doesn't have to be pretty but he needs points on the board asap to see this season out safely and then he has the chance to make the changes he needs to.

Bobby's Cinema
22-03-2014, 05:27 PM
When he left we were a hanful of points off second place and we had the second best defence in the league, sounds like a good base to work from to me.
You don't think he had had his time? Without going over old ground, countless humiliations, his final being dumped out the cup at home from the worst hearts team in our lifetimes?

It is very difficult to lay too much blame at Terry, when these same players have proved themselves as not good enough, for long enough.

We do though, rightly expect so so much better than this. Awful

Thecat23
22-03-2014, 05:32 PM

WHAT? Sack him? Are you serious here? If so this is already worst post of 2014. I'm all for everyone having an opinion but thinking he should be sacked is ****ing laughable.

I'll judge him next year with his players. Some folk are going over the top here, yes it's bad and we should be better but with those players I don't expect more than 2 wins rest of the season. Even if ****ing Fergie was in charge.

They are losers, they have no interest, they want out as much as we want them out. Some are doing there best and genuinely care that's why there was a few words said not long ago in the dressing room to others not pulling there weight.

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 05:33 PM
You don't think he had had his time? Without going over old ground, countless humiliations, his final being dumped out the cup at home from the worst hearts team in our lifetimes?

It is very difficult to lay too much blame at Terry, when these same players have proved themselves as not good enough, for long enough.

We do though, rightly expect so so much better than this. Awful

His time might have been up, he seemed pretty defeated towards the end and it could well have been better for us and him that we changed things, I would rather he stayed and finished what he started, most people disagree but that's what I think!

What I do think though is that being a few points off second and having the second best defence in the league could probably be described as a solid base, I definitely think so. And I definitely think that the squad of players he left are capable of doing much, much better than they are doing.

RIP
22-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up, change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up
change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up, change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up
change the manager, change the team

Are we ever going to wake up?

emerald green
22-03-2014, 05:34 PM
When he left we were a handful of points off second place and we had the second best defence in the league, sounds like a good base to work from to me.

Second best defence in the league? Really? That would be the defence that humiliated the club and its supporters by shipping seven goals, at home, to Malmo. I would hate to think what the worst defence in the league was like. Fenlon was one of several disastrous managerial appointments at our club. I hope TB can sort things out, or at least improve things. I really do. If he can't, then this club truly will be seen as a poisoned chalice.

The_Horde
22-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Agree with that, I can cut Butcher a little bit of slack because he had very little to work with - to the point where he's needing to play people out of position or stick with out of form players because there's no alternative.

I do think he's shown his hand too early in making it clear that he's going to make big changes so there will be a few players there going through the motions and maybe even being disruptive. Butcher needs to get a handle on that asap. He needs everyone behind him right now and I don't believe he has that at the moment.

Butcher needs to grind out results now, it doesn't have to be pretty but he needs points on the board asap to see this season out safely and then he has the chance to make the changes he needs to.

Exactly what I'm trying to say.

We really need a change in fortunes soon for Terry's sake. If he doesn't see off relegation early into the split fixtures and it goes down to the wire, the first time we hit a brick wall next season (and it will happen) some sections of the support will use it to batter him with.

stevejordan
22-03-2014, 05:36 PM

From all accounts Paddy was a nice man and your stats are correct but his time was up we needed a change as his style of negative play was never acceptable Terry was brought in with a good CV Initial results were good the dead cat bounce is what some call it.

We currently have the worst form in the league however we are 8 points clear of St Mirren so safe IMO This season is finished roll on next season with Terrys own team in place.

DaveF
22-03-2014, 05:36 PM

No, but that was mainly because Fenlon's Hibs never played Partick.

I can recall plenty other games though when we were every bit as rubbish as we are now, so your point - like most of your posts - is just total garbage.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Surely no-one really believes we should sack the manager........................do they?

Cameron1875
22-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Results against bottom 6 clubs under Terry

Killie: Win, Draw
Partick: Draw, Defeat
Ross County: Win, Win
St mirren: Draw, Defeat
Hearts: Win

4 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats. Its our record against the top teams that is murder and thats been the case for the last few seasons.

I think Butcher will get enough out the team for us to get the points needed to stay up but it will be much tighter than it should have been.

Thecat23
Change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up, change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up
change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up, change the manager, change the team, sack the manager, wake up
change the manager, change the team

Are we ever going to wake up?

The board have a lot to answer for I think even the most die hard Rod fan will agree his appointments have cost us dearly.

Is this what you mean by the way?

Bobby's Cinema
His time might have been up, he seemed pretty defeated towards the end and it could well have been better for us and him that we changed things, I would rather he stayed and finished what he started, most people disagree but that's what I think!

What I do think though is that being a few points off second and having the second best defence in the league could probably be described as a solid base, I definitely think so. And I definitely think that the squad of players he left are capable of doing much, much better than they are doing.
Fair enough. I have to disagree.

Back on point, It is very difficult to say too much about Terry when you look at the limitations of this squad. It has not been the McInnes-esque turnaround we had hoped for, but we have seen that these players don't have that in them.

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Second best defence in the league? Really? That would be the defence that humiliated the club and its supporters by shipping seven goals, at home, to Malmo. I would hate to think what the worst defence in the league was like. Fenlon was one of several disastrous managerial appointments at our club. I hope TB can sort things out, or at least improve things. I really do. If he can't, then this club truly will be seen as a poisoned chalice.

Yeah, the same defence that was the best in the league outside of Celtic, the same defence that has since been decimated. Can't blame PF for that.

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Surely no-one really believes we should sack the manager........................do they?

Nope - but Rod's time is well and truly up for me. Has been since the Calderwood affair. Last day scrabbling at the basement of football dregs, nothing to suggest they plan to really invest in a quality product, only ever hear him when chips are down and money is required.

He's not upbeat, he doesn't inspire me, he doesn't lift me from the gloom, he doesn't have personality that a chairman needs. He simply has to go.

Matty_Jack04
22-03-2014, 05:47 PM

Whats terry got to do with that? If any of those players had any sort of professional pride the 'look like there trying to play for us' wouldn't be a problem, these guys are shameless IMO even if they know they won't be here next year it matters not a jot they should be using hibs to get a better move for themselves next year and there not, not only are they letting us and themselves down in the end they'll let there families down by playing lower down the leagues with a shadow of the wages there stealing from here.

Borderhibbie76
22-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Some hibs fans amaze me...just back from Perth and couldnt believe the abuse some were shouting at Butcher...yeah we were awful today but we surely csnt be on managers back already? ? And to the guy who verbally abused James Collins whilst he was warming up behind goals...hope ur proud of yourself...James heard every word!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

capitals_finest
22-03-2014, 05:57 PM

Are you for real?

How can we expect any loyalty when our own supporters have this attitude. We are proof that you need to give a manager time. Look at Man United, the biggest club in the world, tens of millions of pounds at stake every season, yet the vast majority of their support are willing to give the man a fair go at it.

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Some hibs fans amaze me...just back from Perth and couldnt believe the abuse some were shouting at Butcher...yeah we were awful today but we surely csnt be on managers back already? ? And to the guy who verbally abused James Collins whilst he was warming up behind goals...hope ur proud of yourself...James heard every word!!

Maybe if James scored goals like he's paid to do the fans would praise not slag off ?

He's awful - said it from day 1 - money utterly wasted and he's overweight, unfit and has been all season.

Football players know the arena they go into - if they can't handle it, work harder at their game and contribution, then they'll get praise. I seem to recall James having a go at Terry's tactics recently during a warm down, his words heard by staff at Easter Road - stones and glass houses.

Borderhibbie76
22-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Maybe if James scored goals like he's paid to do the fans would praise not slag off ?

He's awful - said it from day 1 - money utterly wasted and he's overweight, unfit and has been all season.

Football players know the arena they go into - if they can't handle it, work harder at their game and contribution, then they'll get praise. I seem to recall James having a go at Terry's tactics recently during a warm down, his words heard by staff at Easter Road - stones and glass houses.

He wasnt slagged off...it was personal abuse. Now im in no way Collins biggest fan dont get me wrong but treating our unused subs like this achieves the square root of nothing...

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 06:15 PM

Collins maybe many a thing but he is not unfit, have you seen his workrate?

Fifer
22-03-2014, 06:16 PM
People on here need to get a good grip of themselves. Butcher is working with a squad that is largely nowhere near good enough, and he knows this! Now yes, man management wise he hasn't made the best moving making a lot of them aware of this, this has been a mistake, he should have held back until the end of the season.

You know what though, there isn't a man more determined and with more passion to turn us around. I actually think this is part of the reason he couldn't hold back saying there's going to be major squad changes in the summer.

Some will say 'no we don't need wholesale changes, this is the problem' etc. what a load of rubbish that statement is! We DO need wholesale changes and Butcher and his team have a record of getting good signings in.

I'm still firmly with Butcher, I already know he's going to succeed, yep I'm THAT confident to say it. A good 3 month summer will see a dramatic change.

What are people expecting with such limited players?! :thumbsup:

Albion Hibs
22-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Fenlon was the worst manager I have ever seen at Easter road and has left TB with nothing to work with. Butcher will put together a decent team, and we will be a better club for sticking by him. I don't think it is any coincidence that a good number of goals recently have come from his signings, he couldn't sign a whole team in the last window but he has shown he will improve us no end.

gillythehibby
22-03-2014, 07:05 PM

Oh here we go. Pick on a player and blame him for our woes. *** get real. Deffo not the worse player we have. Scored goals down south and looked decent. Now going backwards at Hibs. Heffernan scored for Killy weekly almost. What's happened at HIbs ? We could go on and on. God knows what the answer is. Time we had a new owner(s) and new direction. Somebody with the vision to realise the potential of the club and that sadly isn't coming any time soon. Still think Our manager should be getting better results with what he has. No way do we have the worst players in that league. Butcher struggling to find a decent formula for me right now.

gillythehibby
22-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Fenlon was the worst manager I have ever seen at Easter road and has left TB with nothing to work with. Butcher will put together a decent team, and we will be a better club for sticking by him. I don't think it is any coincidence that a good number of goals recently have come from his signings, he couldn't sign a whole team in the last window but he has shown he will improve us no end.

Naw he wisny. Jim Duffy was worse !

leggeto
22-03-2014, 07:23 PM
No way you can judge a manager with another managers players,the same underachieving players the previous manager had,he needs at least three windows to get his team,think this point should settle a few

emerald green
22-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah, the same defence that was the best in the league outside of Celtic, the same defence that has since been decimated. Can't blame PF for that.

That defence may have had the best record in the league outside of Celtic. I can't argue with that, but if that's the case it doesn't say much about the state of the league we play in IMO. Also, I think PF recognised the shortcomings of the squad at his disposal and deliberately set his teams out not to lose, rather than to attack and win. Hence the decent defensive record. Fenlon seemed like a rabbit caught in the headlights that evening against Malmo & seemed unable, tactically, to do anything to stop the slaughter. Some of the players that evening must also take their share of the blame too. I'm not blaming PF for the state of the defence now obviously.

Onceinawhile
22-03-2014, 07:27 PM
No, but that was mainly because Fenlon's Hibs never played Partick.

I can recall plenty other games though when we were every bit as rubbish as we are now, so your point - like most of your posts - is just total garbage.

Apart from that time we played there and won.

DaveF
22-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Apart from that time we played there and won.

:greengrin It was such a bad performance that night I thought Butcher was in charge.

Still, the rest of your post was mince :wink:

Onceinawhile
22-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Also I wouldn't sack butcher, but plenty of other clubs would. Look at rene muelensteen as an example.

If someone can give me a positive about the butcher regime, I'd love to hear it.

getting results - nope
solid defensively - nope
Scoring goals - nope
Playing football - nope
brought in good players - 1/3.

Pish. Totally hacked off with it. Conceding 3 at home to a team who hadn't scored in their previous six ffs!!!

DaveF
22-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Also I wouldn't sack butcher, but plenty of other clubs would. Look at rene muelensteen as an example.

If someone can give me a positive about the butcher regime, I'd love to hear it.

getting results - nope
solid defensively - nope
Scoring goals - nope
Playing football - nope

Pish. Totally hacked off with it. Conceding 3 at home to a team who hadn't scored in their previous six ffs!!!

Beating Hearts in front of 20,000 was reasonably pleasant.

Not getting beat 7-0 also sits well with me.

leggeto
22-03-2014, 07:40 PM

getting results - nope
solid defensively - nope
Scoring goals - nope
Playing football - nope

I do feel your pain but the best manager in the world would probably have similar results trying to motivate that lot,he needs to get his own men in that suit his playing style,he is trying to play his style going up the wings and lots of crosses but when you have players who are used to the slow build up and hoofball its not going to happen,he will know who to keep for next season and add most in the summer

Swedish hibee
22-03-2014, 07:41 PM

Garbage. Let's agree to disagree.

leggeto
22-03-2014, 07:43 PM

I'll see your fenlon and raise you calderwood

greenlex
22-03-2014, 07:44 PM
For the first time in years if not ever we have brought in a whole management team. Not just any old team but a tried & tested at our level team not an up and coming manager. It will take at least 2 years to get the whole ethos up and running. Calling for their heads is ****ing madness. Patience is required. I hope Petrie gives them this time.

Thecat23
22-03-2014, 07:46 PM
For the first time in years if not ever we have brought in a whole management team. Not just any old team but a tried & tested at our level team not an up and coming manager. It will take at least 2 years to get the whole ethos up and running. Calling for their heads is ****ing madness. Patience is required. I hope Petrie gives them this time.

Well said.

The Falcon
22-03-2014, 07:49 PM

Butcher needs to be given time, at least his contract, and should not be sacked. Lets for once let a manager complete the job he was hired to do and give him time to do it. He took three years to get ICT into the top six.

And if he wasn't aware of the job in hand, or the criticism he would come in for if did not deliver instant results, he certainly does after today.

leggeto
22-03-2014, 07:50 PM

if there was ever a chairman with patience with new managers its our rod,unless your name is suazee of coarse

The Falcon
22-03-2014, 07:52 PM

Totally agree.

Heisenberg
22-03-2014, 07:54 PM

Some Hibs fans want it all right now because they are tried and tested. Dosent work like that though. Did Derek Mcinnes instantly turn Aberdeen around or did he need a summer transfer window? Folk wanting him sacked already is utterly incredible. Maybe those blaming Butcher have to look at the players a bit more? These are the guys humped 9-0. These are the guys that lost twice against the worst Hearts team ever. They are weak both mentally and technically. Sooner they are gone the better. We throw away a two goal lead against Dundee Utd and they've totally fallen apart ever since. Chuck the majority and leave us Sammy Stanton please TB.

Michael
22-03-2014, 08:02 PM
The current team isn't very good. But, I think they're capable of better.

Nelson, Craig, Collins and Heffernan have all done well at other clubs at this level (or a comparable one). Thomson, Hanlon, McGivern, Cairney and Williams have all played well for Hibs in the past and they definitely have ability. Then there's guys like Robertson and Stevenson who I think have been okay this season. Finally, Stanton and Watmore have done well since coming into the team.

In my opinion this team should have won a lot more than 1 out of the last 12 games and Butcher shares some of that responsibility.

However, Butcher definitely has my full backing. We'll be much better next year.

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 08:04 PM
He wasnt slagged off...it was personal abuse. Now im in no way Collins biggest fan dont get me wrong but treating our unused subs like this achieves the square root of nothing...

I'm not condoning personal abuse or any abuse towards our players, of course not - but let's get real here, Scottish football and indeed football all over the world sees players and managers receive abuse from the stands. It goes with the territory and players know this - it doesn't make it right of course, but you have to roll with the punches and best way to stop it is by planting a few goals into the opposition net - he hasn't, or should I say hasn't scored anywhere near enough despite being put into great positions.

Scouse - for me he is unfit, or maybe 'lacks condition' is a better term. You can chase down and harry and still be unfit. He does not give a good full 90, and never has since his arrival. He was bought to score goals, he's failed to deliver. There are a few who fall into the category (unfit) though and I think that is why Butcher and Malpas are unhappy. They were not worked hard under Pat. They coasted through training. I'm told by an ex player who is high up with the SFA that our younger players under Pat, who were introduced to the first team training/first team, went from being worked hard to having easier sessions. What example is that to set ?

I'm fully behind Terry Butcher, I don't verbally abuse players at games, but tell you what - some of our players are being totally unprofessional and are playing a dangerous game if they think by downing tools they will get a contract elsewhere, or with such a good club. Clearly some don't appear to like the 'work' part of training under the new regime. It's patently obvious to me and those I talk to.

The criticism I will label at TB is that we went from selecting a reasonably settled side, to then chopping and changing way too much - the first eleven each week seems a lucky dip now which means results will be poor. I said last week, many of us could name the first 11 of sides above us without many changes (Utd, 'Well, Dons, Caley)- they have settled back fours, settled midfields and a settled strike force. Hibs selections are a tombola session.

jeffers
22-03-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm not going to say anything new or indeed anything I haven't said before. I will give TB time, he deserves that as did other recent managers (well maybe not Calderwood) but if I'm honest I'm getting a bit fed up hearing that he can't do anything til he gets his own players in. I would be genuinely surprised if anyone expected us to be as bad under him as we have been. The squad he inherited was totally inbalanced, had no proper fullbacks and was sorely lacking in pace. However under TB they are actually worse than they were under PF, something I didn't think was possible. And as for the January transfer window, 2 of his 3 signings are no better than the players he already had at his disposal, despite having Steve Marsella and his book of 100s of players. Other than blind faith why should I believe it's going to get better next season ? So far TB at Hibs has been a failure.

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Some individuals attitudes won't be changed by anyone regardless. That's why they go on to play at a much lower standard than Hibs and the SPL. Just take a look at where the majority of this squad is playing next season.

What he SHOULD do, although I completely understand he'll feel it a massive risk as we aren't confirmed safe yet, is go with the kids in all the remaining games. Rest assured he will though once (bloody hopefully) we are safe.You might be right about playing kids but if he does it it`ll be to save his own reputation and not for good of team .

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Surely no-one really believes we should sack the manager........................do they?Butcher was appointed without any other managers even being mentioned as having been considered or interviewed . Would be amazed if his appointment hadn`t been at least semi agreed last summer or even before . If Petrie showed such insight then , he should certainly be looking for an alternative from this summer if things don`t pick up rather than waiting till November 2014 or 2015 . Appointing an exciting new manager in summer might well boost season and walk up ticket sales , certainly much more than a manager whose arrival led to no increase in crowds despite press hype and has now seen a dramatic fall in results . Butcher has been hyped and supported by press much more than our last 5 or 6 managers at least ( in modern game that is something to take into account when choosing manager so not a criticism ) and another change might put pressure on Petrie so I think that as now Butcher will continue to get an easy ride . So sacking the manager now ? Is anyone suggesting that ? No , just suggesting he should be judged like previous managers .

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 08:46 PM
We probably can`t afford to pay more compensation this summer but nothing has happened in last few months to suggest that managerial change was the right thing to do .

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Beating Hearts in front of 20,000 was reasonably pleasant.

Not getting beat 7-0 also sits well with me.Were you actually pleased by our performance in that match ? As an overseas fan I don`t get to many matches but was at the New Year Derby so was obviously pleased by a win but certainly not by the performance or style of play . That style of play will certainly lead to even more empty seats .

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Fenlon was the worst manager I have ever seen at Easter road and has left TB with nothing to work with. Butcher will put together a decent team, and we will be a better club for sticking by him. I don't think it is any coincidence that a good number of goals recently have come from his signings, he couldn't sign a whole team in the last window but he has shown he will improve us no end.What goals and how has he shown he`ll improve us ? Just before Fenlon left , we drew with Celtic and could have won - have we played like that since ?

leggeto
22-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Were you actually pleased by our performance in that match ? As an overseas fan I don`t get to many matches but was at the New Year Derby so was obviously pleased by a win but certainly not by the performance or style of play . That style of play will certainly lead to even more empty seats .

the only time I've seen us play good football against them was the 6-2 and 0-3 games,derbys are always a scrap,its usually won on who wants it most on the day

RIP Bestie
22-03-2014, 09:00 PM

What are people expecting with such limited players?!
I find it hard to believe that you could come out with the second highlighted statement after having the audacity to suggest that A man who has been with us for around 6 months has more passion than someone who has followed this club through thick and thin for the majority of their lives. If anyone needs to get a grip my friend, I thnk you maybe should look a wee bit closer to home.

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 09:03 PM
the only time I've seen us play good football against them was the 6-2 and 0-3 games,derbys are always a scrap,its usually won on who wants it most on the dayAgree totally though when one team is clearly better than other it shows ( as in two examples you gave ) . By no ways did we play well ( even with limited squad we have ) and fact that Butcher keeps going on about Derby win is more a reflection on how badly we`re doing with him than performance ( leaving ER that night I certainly didn`t get the impression that fans were happy about performance despite result ) .

stevejordan
22-03-2014, 09:08 PM
What goals and how has he shown he`ll improve us ? Just before Fenlon left , we drew with Celtic and could have won - have we played like that since ?

Paddy was a nice man and he seemed to be getting something out of the players a month before he walked i recall chick young interviewing him and saying we were undefeated in 9 games.

compare that with our last 9 games maybee we got it wrong.

Last 10 matches (overall)

P
W
D
L
GF
GA
Dif
Pts

Celtic (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=3)
+28

Aberdeen (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=1)
+4

Dundee Utd (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=8)
+3

Motherwell (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=12)
+3

Ross County (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=4)
+1

Partick Thistle (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=7)
+4

St Johnstone (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=9)

Inverness (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=5)

Kilmarnock (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=2)

Hearts (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=10)

St Mirren (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=6)

Hibernian (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=11)

leggeto
22-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Agree totally though when one team is clearly better than other it shows ( as in two examples you gave ) . By no ways did we play well ( even with limited squad we have ) and fact that Butcher keeps going on about Derby win is more a reflection on how badly we`re doing with him than performance ( leaving ER that night I certainly didn`t get the impression that fans were happy about performance despite result ) .

he will have them up for it,he knows it keeps the fans happy when you beat the rivals,I'll take a last minute scrape 1 nil every time against that shower,however its the bread & butter games we need to show consistency in performances

Heisenberg
22-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Paddy was a nice man and he seemed to be getting something out of the players a month before he walked i recall chick young interviewing him and saying we were undefeated in 9 games.

compare that with our last 9 games maybee we got it wrong.

Last 10 matches (overall)

P
W
D
L
GF
GA
Dif
Pts

Celtic (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=3)
+28

Aberdeen (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=1)
+4

Dundee Utd (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=8)
+3

Motherwell (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=12)
+3

Ross County (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=4)
+1

Partick Thistle (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=7)
+4

St Johnstone (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=9)

Inverness (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=5)

Kilmarnock (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=2)

Hearts (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=10)

St Mirren (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=6)

Hibernian (http://www.hibs.net/team.asp?league=scotland&teamid=11)

We've at no point been undefeated for 9 games this season.

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 09:19 PM
he will have them up for it,he knows it keeps the fans happy when you beat the rivals,I'll take a last minute scrape 1 nil every time against that shower,however its the bread & butter games we need to show consistency in performancesOf course we`d settle for a 1v0 next week just as we enjoyed narrow wins in cup and league last season against a much stronger Hearts team . Also , after our recent run , it`s not just about pride since we need the points too . Bread and butter ? Our results against other bottom six teams were good , to progress to beating top 6 teams regularly ( we were already drawing with Celtic and beating St Johnstone ) we needed stability .

RIP Bestie
22-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Wtf... Bed wetting award of the week. We are ***** simple as that. Butcher knows this. He can only pish with the one he has. Sackable really!!

Tbh didn't expect anything else tbh. We are shipping goals.

This time next season and we are this bad then maybe and a big maybe but to say sack him now is comical.
He didn't say sack him. He said his record was sackable. Let's not forget he was brought in to make a difference. There is no doubt he has done that and not for the better. Yes he should be given time but can you really blame anyone for having doubts about him given his results, reported fall outs, judgements on players and quality of signings?

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 09:30 PM
We've at no point been undefeated for 9 games this season.You`re right . Just checked results and we responded to terrible Malmo results and 2 league defeats ( narrow defeats against Motherwell with Harris injury and Tynecastle ) with 5 wins and 3 draws in next 9 competitive matches , only defeat being bad one against Butcher`s ex - team in Inverness . We`re on a terrible run now and desperately need a record something like 50% of the one we had with PF . Just as well we`ve appointed an experienced managerial team to get us out of present predicament ?

RIP Bestie
22-03-2014, 09:31 PM

Surely that was the point. No ??

Heisenberg
22-03-2014, 09:40 PM
You`re right . Just checked results and we responded to terrible Malmo results and 2 league defeats ( narrow defeats against Motherwell with Harris injury and Tynecastle ) with 5 wins and 3 draws in next 9 competitive matches , only defeat being bad one against Butcher`s ex - team in Inverness . We`re on a terrible run now and desperately need a record something like 50% of the one we had with PF . Just as well we`ve appointed an experienced managerial team to get us out of present predicament ?

When Butcher came in we went on a run of 1 defeat in 9 and that defeat was a narrow 1-0 against Celtc. Did you forget about that record? Something like that would do again. No need to hark back to PF as if he was some sort of managerial genius. We weren't good before TB and we aren't good just now. The players need to have a look at themselves.

leggeto
22-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Of course we`d settle for a 1v0 next week just as we enjoyed narrow wins in cup and league last season against a much stronger Hearts team . Also , after our recent run , it`s not just about pride since we need the points too . Bread and butter ? Our results against other bottom six teams were good , to progress to beating top 6 teams regularly ( we were already drawing with Celtic and beating St Johnstone ) we needed stability .

stability will come,starting next season,this season was always going to be a struggle with no Griffiths or good as replacement,all we can do is soldier on to the end,I do hope we make a great signing in the summer though,someone the younger lads can look up to and aspire too,one class player in your team can be the difference to the rest

stevejordan
22-03-2014, 09:47 PM
We've at no point been undefeated for 9 games this season.

chick dung is a prick you are correct just checked the stats we have only one one in last 13 thats confirmed

RIP Bestie
22-03-2014, 09:50 PM
When Butcher came in we went on a run of 1 defeat in 9 and that defeat was a narrow 1-0 against Celtc. Did you forget about that record? Something like that would do again. No need to hark back to PF as if he was some sort of managerial genius. We weren't good before TB and we aren't good just now. The players need to have a look at themselves.
Totally agree with this but surely you can't argue that there is a valid reason that people are starting to raise eyebrows about what has happened since? Not just results but his judgement and turn around on some players, his tactics, his PR, and his signings in January. There is an expecting on Butcher, whether you like it or not. He knew it when he signed. I'm afraid he has not lived up to that expectation so far, no one can surely deny that?

jacomo
22-03-2014, 09:54 PM
I genuinely thought we had a top six squad this season. A little unbalanced, but decent enough for this league. Changing manager mid-season is always disruptive but too many players have let us down I think - poor form, poor attitude or a bit of both.

hibbymick
22-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Ah well as far as im led to believe its gonna take at least 18 months to sort this mess oot. I think its called a transitional period or in hibs case............yet another transitional period. A bit like our 5 year plan...................which starts every monday.

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 10:20 PM
I genuinely thought we had a top six squad this season. A little unbalanced, but decent enough for this league. Changing manager mid-season is always disruptive but too many players have let us down I think - poor form, poor attitude or a bit of both.Losing our two best players both of whom Fenlon probably thought he might keep ( may have thought it till August ) plus having almost no pre season ( game in Malmo just a few weeks after cup final ) meant early season was always going to be hard especially if manager ( and Petrie ) thought a successor was waiting in wings . In the end we continued with slow but sure progress before deciding to go back to square one mid season with no obvious advantage ( crowds didn`t go up possibly the opposite and we didn`t make great signings ) so are left hoping that everything will be fine next season . I think managerial change was a huge mistake but imagine quite a bit of cash has been kept to make 2 or 3 signings this summer with hope that that will be enough to boost gate receipts .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Ah well as far as im led to believe its gonna take at least 18 months to sort this mess oot. I think its called a transitional period or in hibs case............yet another transitional period. A bit like our 5 year plan...................which starts every monday.

:top marks :faf:

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 10:25 PM

If Butcher gets his targets in and his wish, then they will be there before pre-season kicks off - it's over to Rod to get them. Pressure is on Petrie. I'm sure there is no 18 month plan for TB and MM, they want new players in sharp and ready to go for 2014/15.

8 or 9 have been targeted. Let's see how ambitious Rod and the Board are eh :rolleyes: I seriously have my doubts we will get them.

Albion Hibs
22-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Naw he wisny. Jim Duffy was worse !

maybe the fenlon experience is still a bit raw, he was after all competing in a league with no rangers.

IberianHibernian
22-03-2014, 10:38 PM
If Butcher gets his targets in and his wish, then they will be there before pre-season kicks off - it's over to Rod to get them. Pressure is on Petrie. I'm sure there is no 18 month plan for TB and MM, they want new players in sharp and ready to go for 2014/15.

8 or 9 have been targeted. Let's see how ambitious Rod and the Board are eh :rolleyes: I seriously have my doubts we will get them.
Butcher has been our manager for 5 months and so will have been discussing possible signings for next season for at least the same time .If they`re present ICT players or from lower league or non - league English clubs there`s a fair chance a few could be signed before next season starts if players think they won`t get a better offer elsewhere . Last summer , we had very little time between cup final and game in Malmo but this summer we`ll have much longer for pre season training and friendlies so should be expecting to start season better .

Nailrod
22-03-2014, 11:00 PM
They are losers, they have no interest, they want out as much as we want them out. Some are doing their best and genuinely care that's why there was a few words said not long ago in the dressing room to others not pulling there weight.I don't get this bit. None of the guys we have brought in looked like 'losers' when we brought them here. I can't believe that any of them had 'no interest' when they arrived. I didn't want any of them 'out' at the start of the season.

So what happened? When and why did they all become losers? When and why did they lose interest?

And why does the same thing happen again and again and again, regardless of who the manager is, and regardless of who the players are that he brings in?

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Butcher has been our manager for 5 months and so will have been discussing possible signings for next season for at least the same time .If they`re present ICT players or from lower league or non - league English clubs there`s a fair chance a few could be signed before next season starts if players think they won`t get a better offer elsewhere . Last summer , we had very little time between cup final and game in Malmo but this summer we`ll have much longer for pre season training and friendlies so should be expecting to start season better .

You miss my point a bit bud - I pm'd a couple of folk recently saying that I've heard Butcher has given his targets already and wants up to 9 players in before the pre-season starts. That is a big turn around in players however I was told Butcher wants players out of the club, soon as he can, soon as safety is assured.

Previous seasons, previous managers, have shown Rod stalls and does not get players in quickly or before pre-season - despite Speedway not believing me, Hibs made 4 bids to get Lyle Taylor when they knew all along the price Falkirk wanted (from first bid onwards). Each bid was derisory and peed Falkirk off, and also brought a couple of clubs into play. They agreed the initial fee Falkirk wanted straight away - had Hibs agreed it, Lyle wanted to come and would have been a Hibs player, there is no doubt about it.

In short, I have faith in our management team, zero faith in our Board and Rod.

OsloHibs
22-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Fed up on hearing the words "next season".

Can someone who has nowt better to do count how many times this has been said this year??

I'll start by guessing 62,062

smurf
23-03-2014, 12:14 AM

That was the opinion of our chairman...

Thecat23
23-03-2014, 05:57 AM
I don't get this bit. None of the guys we have brought in looked like 'losers' when we brought them here. I can't believe that any of them had 'no interest' when they arrived. I didn't want any of them 'out' at the start of the season.

So what happened? When and why did they all become losers? When and why did they lose interest?

And why does the same thing happen again and again and again, regardless of who the manager is, and regardless of who the players are that he brings in?

They became losers the moment they started to whinge about the training being to hard and old school. They had it easy under Pat and now we have the people in who want to work them hard they want out.

Thecat23
23-03-2014, 05:59 AM
Surely that was the point. No ??

Wtf? So it's alright for a fan to stand and abuse Collins? Shame Collins didn't give the boy a sore face because he deserved it. ****ing ******** of a man if you ask me.

Kaiser1962
23-03-2014, 06:38 AM
Wtf? So it's alright for a fan to stand and abuse Collins? Shame Collins didn't give the boy a sore face because he deserved it. ****ing ******** of a man if you ask me.

:aok:

Way to get a player fired up for the battles ahead.

RIP Bestie
23-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Did I say that? The point was made that Collins could hear every word. Surely that was the guys intention, otherwise why shout it. I have no idea what he shouted at him so can't comment on your second point.

H18sry
23-03-2014, 07:39 AM
They became losers the moment they started to whinge about the training being to hard and old school. They had it easy under Pat and now we have the people in who want to work them hard they want out.

Is that the reason why the players are said to hate Butcher and Malpas's methods and dislike them ?

MSK
23-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Is that the reason why the players are said to hate Butcher and Malpas's methods and dislike them ?Cant remember hearing any of the Inverness players moaning about their methods & whatever they were they certainly couldn't have been bad considering the players they had at their disposal ..:confused:

H18sry
23-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Cant remember hearing any of the Inverness players moaning about their methods & whatever they were they certainly couldn't have been bad considering the players they had at their disposal ..:confused:

Well the quotes from the Inverness players in the cup final interviews, mentioned how it was a lot more relaxed and a lot less intense under Yogi's leadership, so you can take from that what you want.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Well the quotes from the Inverness players in the cup final interviews, mentioned how it was a lot more relaxed and a lot less intense under Yogi's leadership, so you can take from that what you want.

The cup final they lost and never looked liked they could trouble Aberdeen.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Something has happened at the club since Terry arrived, Fenlon had this bunch of dross playing the most boring type of football i have witnessed as a Hibs fan, but it was getting us better results.

Not good enough results to take us into the top 6, or indeed top 4 where EVERY Hibs team should be at the moment in a league without the huns and a depleted diet hun.

We currently see a team who can't buy a win at the moment, and are on a really bad run of results. I wonder if Terry telling the players straight just who he is keeping and who he wants out the door was the right thing to do, and maybe one of the reasons our form is so poor?

I'd agree with the original poster when he says Butcher is working with a lot of garbage, but so are most of the teams in the bottom 6, but i don't think the other teams players have been told they are not good enough for their teams by the manager and are not in his plans for the future.

I think this was a mistake by Terry, i'd imagine he's probably thinking the same thing now, but he can't change what's happened and we have to get on with it.

Its how we get on with it thats the question we all want answered, and throwing all the untried youths next week is one of the ways to go, and looking at what's gone on before could they do any worse?

I have a feeling Butcher won't do this, but might be a little more cautious and pick a team he knows will battle next week.

GreenLake
23-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Fenlon had us on a little island of hope in the middle of a swamp of uselessness. Butcher is going to wade us through the swamp and onto solid ground.

MSK
23-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Well the quotes from the Inverness players in the cup final interviews, mentioned how it was a lot more relaxed and a lot less intense under Yogi's leadership, so you can take from that what you want.I haven't read any quotes but like I say, I don't recall any Inverness player mumping their gums about "methods" when Butcher was there ..

H18sry
23-03-2014, 09:09 AM
I haven't read any quotes but like I say, I don't recall any Inverness player mumping their gums about "methods" when Butcher was there ..

Players rarely bad mouth a manager whilst still at the club, my first post comments,came from a senior pro at ER, and I was just asking for clarification from somebody who may be in the know.

Heisenberg
23-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Fenlon had us on a little island of hope in the middle of a swamp of uselessness. Butcher is going to wade us through the swamp and onto solid ground.

Only if he's given the chance though. Fenlon got a good amount of time to sort it out and Butcher deserves the same.

GreenLake
23-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Garbage. Let's agree to disagree.

Fenlon is the worst I have seen.

BH Hibs
23-03-2014, 09:39 AM
My concern would be that if he doesn't have the players to play his preferred system he's at a loss. I accept he has been left with players who he wouldn't want but surely he could be working on making us harder to beat. Also I think he made a mistake in telling players they could leave so early in the season. I still believe he should be backed and can turn the club around but he has made some errors in judgement in his time here.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Fenlon is the worst I have seen.

Fenlons football is the worst i have seen since Bertie ****in Auld, thats his full name apparently. :wink: The results might not have been the worst, but his football drove me away from Easter Road, although i have not seen much of Butchers team. :greengrin

GreenLake
23-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Fenlons football is the worst i have seen since Bertie ****in Auld, thats his full name apparently. :wink: The results might not have been the worst, but his football drove me away from Easter Road, although i have not seen much of Butchers team. :greengrin

I only saw a few of Bertie's games, being far away soon after he took over, but I'm glad I was around in the 70's when the game was more pleasing to watch, even if the results were not always good. :agree:

OsloHibs
23-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Completely disagree. You should have paid to go watch match yesterday's and then I'm sure you would think differently. Absolutely shocking display and if it wasn't for the goalie- I shudder to think.

Kaiser1962
23-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Inverness had won 8 out of 12 under Butcher and have won 5 out of 16 under Hughes.