PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to remain positive

Keith_M
22-03-2014, 04:53 PM
There's only seven games to go in this season.

The teams below us are also cr*p, so we should probably finish above the play off place.

:tbgwa:

Saorsa
22-03-2014, 04:54 PM
This should be a relatively short thread.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2014, 04:55 PM
We are not in administration and certainties for relegation.

stoneyburn hibs
Im getting a wee bit anxious now, canny see where the next decent performance is coming from.

GreenLake
We play the jambos next week in the last derby at the Stadio Asbesto

Keith_M
22-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Im getting a wee bit anxious now, canny see where the next decent performance is coming from.

You're really not getting into the spirit of this thread

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
We don't have to worry about Hibs playing again for just over a week.

Craig_in_Prague
We only lost 2 goals.

The Gorf
22-03-2014, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=Desperate Dan;3939367]This should be a relatively short thread.[/QUOTE

Sanger
22-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Thomson played and the season is nearly over! All the other bottom 6 lost.

DaveF
22-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Every team below us lost. If they carry on like that, we'll 'win' the bottom 6 :thumbsup:

kdhibees1
22-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Only positivity I can think of is............. We're no them!!

Greencore
We have decent bovril at easter road.

Golden Bear
It will be difficult to become any worse.

Saorsa
22-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Every team below us lost. If they carry on like that, we'll 'win' the bottom 6 :thumbsup:and that'll probably be seen as an achievement.....

....ooops, wrong thread

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 05:06 PM
There was more than one space between Hibs and St Johnstone today. In fact, there could have been leagues between us.

We need to play better that we have done lately, because as things currently stand, the teams below us are just that little bit better.

stoneyburn hibs
22-03-2014, 05:10 PM
You're really not getting into the spirit of this thread

I know, we continue to be absolutely woeful and so much so for me that I am still unsure as to whether I will renew for next season.

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 05:11 PM
There was more than one space between Hibs and St Johnstone today. In fact, there could have been leagues between us.

We need to play better that we have done lately, because as things currently stand, the teams below us are just that little bit better.

Were you at the game?

heretoday
22-03-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm convinced the teams below us are even worse than us and that we'll avoid any play-off business.

But I'm not as convinced as I was.

Radium
22-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Motherwell's points tally is based on wins against the bottom six. So improvement starts with beating the teams around us.

Sent from my RM-941_eu_euro1_217 using Tapatalk

(((Fergus)))
22-03-2014, 05:17 PM
There's the mouth-watering prospect of derbies next season.

stevejordan
22-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Every team below us lost. If they carry on like that, we'll 'win' the bottom 6 :thumbsup:

we can win our last 5 games and end season on a High

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Were you at the game?

No, but I have ears and the ability to read and have no reason to assume that everybody who has seen the game is lying about our performance.

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 05:22 PM

Were you at the game?

No.

Insight, brought to you this evening by Hibercelona.

Sean1875
22-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Its buy one get one free all weekend at Dominos pizza :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
22-03-2014, 05:24 PM
That's cause it's not coming till next season .If he doesn't now bring in some youngsters just to give us some freshness as
there is no incentive to go back this season for me .Would rather go and watch the under 20 s at least you see goals and a hibs team winning Maybe we should be going to watch them and keep Billy Whizz company .
Am actually glad I don't have ticket for Tynie as it's hard to have a party when you are watching abject clueless Drivel and that's both Teams .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Reasons to be postivie.... None.

Michael
22-03-2014, 05:27 PM
The playoff place could work in our favour next season.

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Insight, brought to you this evening by Hibercelona.

I take it you were at the game then and everybody else who has seen the game is lying and we were in fact brilliant?

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I take it you were at the game then and everybody else who has seen the game is lying and we were in fact brilliant?

More insight please. You hold all the answers.

The_Horde
22-03-2014, 05:30 PM
The play off place doesn't definitely relegate us.. That's a positive right?

Nailrod
22-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Insight, brought to you this evening by Hibercelona.FFS get real. Saints had 15 attempts, 6 on target. We had 5 attempts, ZERO on target. In the whole of the second half we DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE ATTEMPT ON GOAL, on or off target.

That doesn't suggest to you that there was 'more than a place' between us and Saints??? :confused: :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
22-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Your making a positive statement to try and keep spirits up but there is no basis to believe that when we are conceding goals in every game and not scoring mNy We don't even look capable of grinding out 0 0 s to get a few points on the board St Mirren are at home midweek to st Johnstone so let's see how that one goes as they are as poor as us and I really don't want them to start picking up points .The midweek games at least mean teams below us won't have games in hand against us So by next Sunday we should know how many points we need to avoid getting sucked into play off . I have never agreed with god is a Hibee and his Elephant in the a Room Post but it's certainly become more uncomfortable than I thought would happen .:confused:

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 05:36 PM

And you don't seem to hold any, as you failed to answer my question.

Ronniekirk
22-03-2014, 05:36 PM
;3939487']The play off place doesn't definitely relegate us.. That's a positive right?
You haven't seen Hamilton play recently ,with ex Hibs striker Antoine Courier scoring again today :confused:

Nailrod
22-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Reasons to be positive...

The position of our glorious leader remains, as ever, unshakable.

emerald green
22-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't see any reasons to remain positive I'm afraid. I stopped being positive weeks ago when the now familiar slump started after we chucked away a 2 goal lead with about 10 minutes to go at Tannadice. Where is this shambles going to pick up points? Sorry, but I don't see Hibs winning at PBS next week. Hate to be so negative. Just the way I see it. :boo hoo:

The_Horde
22-03-2014, 05:50 PM
You haven't seen Hamilton play recently ,with ex Hibs striker Antoine Courier scoring again today :confused:

Not hibs class.

whiskyhibby
22-03-2014, 05:51 PM
We play the jambos next week in the last derby at the Stadio Asbesto

:-))))

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2014, 05:54 PM
We still get to laugh at Hibercelona's posts.

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 05:56 PM
;3939521']Not hibs class.

He's a Hibs supporter though. Makes him Hibs class to me.

HH81
22-03-2014, 06:05 PM
1, the cougars are playing tomorrow

2 am away to Florida soon

3 We will win the derby.

The_Horde
22-03-2014, 06:12 PM
He's a Hibs supporter though. Makes him Hibs class to me.

He is? More fool him.

skipster7
22-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Thomson and the Heff started ;-)

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 06:16 PM
We don't have to sit through the games we've already been at again.

schinkenotto
22-03-2014, 06:23 PM
;3939521']Not hibs class.

If he's not "Hibs Class",neither are John Rankin,David Wotherspoon,Clayton Donaldson,Ricardo Vaz Te,Eoin Doyle,etc.etc,.

We need to get real and realise that the curse of Easter Road applies for whatever reason.

Glory Lurker
22-03-2014, 06:32 PM
There's a chance that the Crimea thing will totally kick off in to a global nuclear conflagration and I might be vapourised before next weekend.

Dan Sarf
22-03-2014, 06:36 PM
If he's not "Hibs Class",neither are John Rankin,David Wotherspoon,Clayton Donaldson,Ricardo Vaz Te,Eoin Doyle,etc.etc,.

We need to get real and realise that the curse of Easter Road applies for whatever reason.

Just got back from watching Clayton Donaldson score against Pressley's Coventry in a 3-1 win

IMHO, he's a good striker, works for the team, and is better than anyone we've currently got.

Can't remember which managerial genius got rid of him. Or why. Can anyone elucidate?

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 06:39 PM
;3939579']He is? More fool him.

Yep, but the big guy still follows us. He's a nice lad too.

emerald green
22-03-2014, 06:43 PM
There's a chance that the Crimea thing will totally kick off in to a global nuclear conflagration and I might be vapourised before next weekend.

That's what I call remaining positive! :wink:

Spike Mandela
22-03-2014, 06:51 PM

Your making a positive statement to try and keep spirits up but there is no basis to believe that when we are conceding goals in every game and not scoring mNy We don't even look capable of grinding out 0 0 s to get a few points on the board St Mirren are at home midweek to st Johnstone so let's see how that one goes as they are as poor as us and I really don't want them to start picking up points .The midweek games at least mean teams below us won't have games in hand against us So by next Sunday we should know how many points we need to avoid getting sucked into play off . I have never agreed with god is a Hibee and his Elephant in the a Room Post but it's certainly become more uncomfortable than I thought would happen .:confused:

If I'm not mistaken, barring a victory away to St J, all our victories this season so far have come against bottom six opposition.

leggeto
22-03-2014, 06:53 PM
We can't be relegated by our rivals

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2014, 06:54 PM

I've more chance of getting the clubs out and breaking the Peebles course record.

SouthamptonHibs
22-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Positive thought their are only 7 league games till end of season and nearly all our current squad will be emptied = happy days

Sir David Gray
22-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Hearts are going down.

Ronniekirk
22-03-2014, 07:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken, barring a victory away to St J, all our victories this season so far have come against bottom six opposition.
That may be so but they didn't come on the back of a 12 game run without winning ,when we are not scoring and leaking goals ,but wait a minute we are playing a bottom six club next week ( the fact a bottom six club ripped us apart at Partick shouldn't deter us ) and we will suddenly find confidence ,form a semblance of pattern to our play ,keep a clean sheet and Collins will score a hat trick .yep it's possible but highly unlikely .Don't want to come on being negative ,but that's the way Hibs make you feel after a game these days ,and I defy anyone to say they see it changing .The only player out that could add a bit of steel and pace and maybe score is Robertson but he won't be match fit for a few weeks . All we are asking is that we find a way to get a few points so that we are not watching all the other teams hoping they also loose Geeze is that too Mutch to ask .

Pete
22-03-2014, 07:50 PM
At least the rest of the games this season will actually have meaning. :greengrin:

andy1875
22-03-2014, 07:57 PM
The huge positive for me is that we don't have a game tomorrow and the inevitable defeat that would bring.

Have a beer the night lads and watch MOTD at 10:30pm. Some cracking games. My biggest challenge is staying awake till that time :greengrin

SteveHFC
22-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm having a domino's. :greengrin

Saturdays Hero
22-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I can see a scenario of us having to beat them at ER to avoid a play-off and them beating us......gutless,clueless,wage thiefs,couldn't give a *****,I couldn't give a monkeys if the majority of them played again,I would keep Stanton,Harris the rest hopefully can go,I've always gave Hanlon support but for a young lad with his physical attributes he's gotta be the biggest pussy to play centre half for Hibs,no heart,commitment,bottle,he shows me nothing that would me to positive for his future or Hibs with him at CH.

marleyhib
22-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Agree with this, high player and manager turnover really doesn't help. Some flange is picking dud managers, that's been the problem.

Positive for me is we have a manager that given time will be successful.

SmashinGlass
22-03-2014, 08:34 PM
The u20s won 4-1 today so that's something positive. Hopefully see a few of the boys getting promoted in the event we can steer clear of that play off spot

tomf
22-03-2014, 08:35 PM

To be fair, you don't need insight when the stats are staring you in the face. Today's game was what is often described as a six pointer and, once again, Hibs didn't appear to compete at the level required. The very least every football supporter looks for is effort and a modicum of skill. I hate to criticise the players but how many of them can say they have given everything in every game this season? As a paying punter I can say that, from my observation post in the West Stand, it hasn't looked like they have.

Hibernia&Alba
23-03-2014, 09:58 AM
The season is almost over and hopefully we'll relegate Hearts. My positivity ends there. We're ****** garbage and I'm sick and tired of it. Next season had better see a massive improvement. I swear to God Hibs are going to send me crackers.

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 10:01 AM
We are not playing today and it's sunny:wink:

Scottie
23-03-2014, 10:13 AM
To be fair, you don't need insight when the stats are staring you in the face. Today's game was what is often described as a six pointer and, once again, Hibs didn't appear to compete at the level required. The very least every football supporter looks for is effort and a modicum of skill. I hate to criticise the players but how many of them can say they have given everything in every game this season? As a paying punter I can say that, from my observation post in the West Stand, it hasn't looked like they have.

Very good post mate. Sums it up for me unfortunately. :agree:

Weststandwanab
23-03-2014, 10:14 AM
We have decent bovril at easter road. That is pushing it a wee bit.

1, the cougars are playing tomorrow

2 am away to Florida soon

3 We will win the derby. I thought Cougars play every day.

I can see a scenario of us having to beat them at ER to avoid a play-off and them beating us......gutless,clueless,wage thiefs,couldn't give a *****,I couldn't give a monkeys if the majority of them played again,I would keep Stanton,Harris the rest hopefully can go,I've always gave Hanlon support but for a young lad with his physical attributes he's gotta be the biggest pussy to play centre half for Hibs,no heart,commitment,bottle,he shows me nothing that would me to positive for his future or Hibs with him at CH.Arithmetically that is most unlikely.

We are not playing today and it's sunny:wink: First reasonable argument.

GreenLake
23-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Hibs are playing so badly just now that Petrie might give Butcher more money in the summer.

lord bunberry
23-03-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm going to renew my season ticket tomorrow, I'm going to get one for her indoors and also one for my daughter who will be attending games for the first time next season. I can't wait for next season to start, I'm convinced Butcher will get it right ggtth.

Keith_M
23-03-2014, 01:15 PM

This one gets my vote

:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2014, 02:30 PM
The infrastructure is in place, we just need to be patient.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2014, 03:10 PM
The infrastructure is in place, we just need to be patient.

Spits coffee all over screen.

:tee hee:

Fife-Hibee
23-03-2014, 05:53 PM
the infrastructure is in place, we just need to be patient.

nurse !!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2014, 06:36 PM
It was meant to be sarcastic.

JimBHibees
23-03-2014, 07:50 PM

Sunday then the next derby.

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Just watched Barca v Real Madrid Rumours abound that Petrie has declared we will be playing football like this in our new five year plan

seanshow
23-03-2014, 10:37 PM
There's certainly a lot of doom and gloom about, ok with good reason.

My reasons to stay positive are -
I expect the players picked to give 100% contracted or not, starting on Sunday and get us out of this sh**ty run by sending the yams down, and getting the club clear of any potential playoff.

....Looking further ahead for next season I'm taking inspiration from the sheepies ftw!

when McInnes took over as manager at the erse of last season, in 7 games they won 2.
Their 2nd last home game produced a crowd of 6000 v killie, and they finished 3 points behind us in the bottom six.

This season Milne backs the manager to rebuild, he brings back a bunch of decent players who had disappeared down to epl/championship clubs for paydays.....but never quite made it, adds them to what he already had and cuts the dross.
voila, One cup in the bag, sitting 2nd in the league and semi final of the scottish.

Now wtf can we not do that :greengrin time for Butcher/Malpas/Marsella to be ruthless and rebuild.

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 10:42 PM

Here's a real fact for you. No there wasn't. They were sixth and we were seventh

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Here's a real fact for you. No there wasn't. They were sixth and we were seventh
Are you no being a bit harsh on the young laddie.He was just pointing out there was a big gulf between the teams The difference between top and bottom six ,but really we weren't at the races .Just watched it on Telly Brutal

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Are you no being a bit harsh on the young laddie.He was just pointing out there was a big gulf between the teams The difference between top and bottom six ,but really we weren't at the races .Just watched it on Telly Brutal

He loves to quote 'facts' so I just provided him with one!

TBH when I saw the thread title I was amazed he posted because he rarely has anything positive to say about Hibs

Ronniekirk
23-03-2014, 10:59 PM
[QUOT E=Jonnyboy;3941175]He loves to quote 'facts' so I just provided him with one!

TBH when I saw the thread title I was amazed he posted because he rarely has anything positive to say about Hibs[/QUOTE]
You are factual in that observation,but at present time there are not a lot of positives to Accentuate.

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 11:13 PM
You are factual in that observation,but at present time there are not a lot of positives to Accentuate.

Yep. But I have no god given right to be negative, despite us being ***** for 7 years running now, according to some people.

I'll start being positive towards the club when theres actually something to be positive about.

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Yep. But I have no god given right to be negative, despite us being ***** for 7 years running now, according to some people.

I'll start being positive towards the club when theres actually something to be positive about.

Let's hope that's sooner rather than later :aok:

Hibercelona
23-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Let's hope that's sooner rather than later :aok:

You won't know a happier man. :aok:

Jonnyboy
23-03-2014, 11:28 PM
You won't know a happier man. :aok:

Oh I will (if counting myself is allowed) :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-03-2014, 11:55 PM
1. With Hearts sinking into oblivion for years, we own the capital.
2. We have a great stadium and training facility.
3. We now have a management team who want to get the club moving, have a game plan, a decent pedigree and contacts. They will attract a better class of player next season.
4. We will be better organised, quicker and more competitive.
5. Slackers will be outed and ditched.
6. There are signs that we are bringing decent young players through. The bottom six will give them a chance to get more first team opps.
7. All this will add up to a revolution at ER next season. There's no doubt that TB, after initial encouragement, has been disappointed by the players attitudes and abilities. They will not tolerate another season like this one. Hibs will be challenging A'deen and Dundee United, and be way ahead of M'Well, St.Johnstone and ICT.
8. Hearts will struggling around in a mess in some form or another in lower divisions, basically providing the laughs and jest as their fans struggle to come to grips with this scenario.

proud_and_green
24-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Hibs are playing so badly just now that Petrie might give Butcher more money in the summer.

I think it is last chance for Petrie, I have been a supporter of the work he has done previously but now coming to the end of my patience. He must see that there is something institutionally wrong about Hibernian. If I was him I would getting an independent body - management consultant, performance auditor - in to conduct a wholescale review of the club. This would include interviews with current and former players, managers and staff at all levels. I would then be looking to compare that with what happens at other clubs and then regardless of what the recommendations were I would accept and implement them. This has gone on for far too long and it has to be changed now.

Ronniekirk
24-03-2014, 07:59 AM
I think it is last chance for Petrie, I have been a supporter of the work he has done previously but now coming to the end of my patience. He must see that there is something institutionally wrong about Hibernian. If I was him I would getting an independent body - management consultant, performance auditor - in to conduct a wholescale review of the club. This would include interviews with current and former players, managers and staff at all levels. I would then be looking to compare that with what happens at other clubs and then regardless of what the recommendations were I would accept and implement them. This has gone on for far too long and it has to be changed now.

Don't disagree about it being last chance for Petrie to get managers job right .But he has the resolute backing of Sir Tom Farmer so in reality he is going nowhere unless we can persuade Sir Tom it's time for a change .So that begs the question why does he have this vested interest in one person when there must be other able candidates that could be headhunted.The answer has to be tied up with Sir Tom wanting to keep his vested interests about the running of the club to a small number of people .Which brings us on to what is the succession forward planning .No one is going to buy the club now as it's been available to buy for long enough .So are we going to have to wait till Petrie gets that move to Hampden before we get change at the top. This may never happen because of his style of management .Do we have to wait till Sir Tom loses complete interest ,or do we as fans make it clear through the mediums of communication with the Board that if Butchers Tenure doesn't bring about positive change then we will accept nothing more than the Chairman Stepping Down .

Edit just realised this should be on thread about next chairman

Steve20
24-03-2014, 08:08 AM
We'll get to visit some new grounds next season.

Ronniekirk
24-03-2014, 09:19 AM
:sairhead::fuming:Hibercelona is going to post something positive today .You know you want to ,:rolleyes:you just have to let go of all that negativity .:woohoo::woohoo:

Houchy
24-03-2014, 12:45 PM
A positive: The game on Sunday is on BT sport (which I don't have) so I don't have to watch another eye bleeding performance🙈

Keith_M
24-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Oh I will (if counting myself is allowed) :greengrin

JB, King of the Happy Clappers

Jonnyboy
24-03-2014, 08:48 PM
JB, King of the Happy Clappers

:greengrin :applause:

Ronniekirk
25-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Hibercelona didn't make post on this thread yesterday at all So he didn't post anything Negative so turning a Negative into a Positive:rolleyes: