PDA

View Full Version : Can we put this top 6 nonsense to bed now?

The Sea-gull
22-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Too late. It's already got its pjs on, tucked itself under the covers and is now asleep.

Captain Trips
22-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Too late. It's already got its pjs on, tucked itself under the covers and is now asleep.

Whats this big deal about top 6? The places we should be aiming at where in bed months ago. 2nd and 3rd nothing to boast about making 6th.

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Whats this big deal about top 6? The places we should be aiming at where in bed months ago. 2nd and 3rd nothing to boast about making 6th.

:agree:

The Sea-gull
22-03-2014, 04:00 PM

Don't think anyone would have boasted about getting there but it would have been a start.

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 04:00 PM

The difference would have been a five figure some of prize money, maybe six.

Captain Trips
22-03-2014, 04:04 PM
The difference would have been a five figure some of prize money, maybe six.

Obviously I want us to finish higher but the same can be said for the money if we finish 3rd instead of second, 4th instead of 3rd. I do not look at the split at all if we are not 2nd or 3rd that IMO is failure.

LioNeilMessi
22-03-2014, 04:07 PM

Would of at least taken relegation off the cards.

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Obviously I want us to finish higher but the same can be said for the money if we finish 3rd instead of second, 4th instead of 3rd. I do not look at the split at all if we are not 2nd or 3rd that IMO is failure.

So it's better to finish higher in the league..?

neil7908
22-03-2014, 04:13 PM
I agree that just making the top 6 is not an achievement in itself but I'm sure Terry would have been delighted to add another 50-100k to his budget for next season. With nothing else of any vague meaning to play for it was the only forward looking "target" available to us. Also, we'd be safe from the play off spot...

The Sea-gull
22-03-2014, 04:13 PM
It is those who thought this collection of rubbish could make it to the top half of the table and smugly talked down to anyone who suggested we wouldn't coz we are not good enough that I feel most sorry for. They are the biggest and best hibs fans out there so they will feel this pain more.

KeithTheHibby
22-03-2014, 04:17 PM
With no Huns and a piss poor yams to finish 7th at best again can only be seen as failure.

In terry I trust though and hopefully he can empty most of the squad and get in some real quality. I expect signings to be made early in the window with players being released at the same time.

Hibercelona
22-03-2014, 04:25 PM
So it's better to finish higher in the league..?

If you actually bothered to read his entire comment, instead of just reading the first part. You would have noticed the part that said that we should be finishing 2nd-3rd, not 6th.

Sean1875
22-03-2014, 04:26 PM
How are we meant to attract the high quality standard of player that we all crave when theyre going to take one look at our form and see weve not been in the top 6 of the league for 4/5 years?

Diclonius
22-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Bottom six for four years in a row. Unacceptable for a club of Hibernian's size. Totally unacceptable.

truehibernian
22-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Bottom six for four years in a row. Unacceptable for a club of Hibernian's size. Totally unacceptable.

Petrie unscathed though - penny will drop when it's too late.

Captain Trips
22-03-2014, 05:01 PM

I agree with that but would again say forget top 6 bottom 6 there are 12 places in leage so for me I would change your first sentence to below 4th for four years in a row.

Elephant Stone
22-03-2014, 05:01 PM
If you actually bothered to read his entire comment, instead of just reading the first part. You would have noticed the part that said that we should be finishing 2nd-3rd, not 6th.

2nd or 3rd would be better than 7th but so would 6th. Not being able to finish 2nd or 3rd doesn't mean we shouldn't have been aiming for 6th.
No one would have celebrated it, it's not an achievement, but it's better than being in the bottom six. If you actually bothered to think about it i'm sure you'd agree, you're probably busy offering more insight elsewhere though, don't worry about it.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Petrie unscathed though - penny will drop when it's too late.

:agree: Yep.

Captain Trips
22-03-2014, 05:04 PM
2nd or 3rd would be better than 7th but so would 6th. Not being able to finish 2nd or 3rd doesn't mean we shouldn't have been aiming for 6th.
No one would have celebrated it, it's not an achievement, but it's better than being in the bottom six. If you actually bothered to think about it i'm sure you'd agree, you're probably busy offering more insight elsewhere though, don't worry about it.

Point is we should never have or should be aiming for 6th however we are that bad we are. I feel this top 6 bottom 6 is a false sense of achievment for me.

Keith_M
22-03-2014, 05:04 PM
It is those who thought this collection of rubbish could make it to the top half of the table and smugly talked down to anyone who suggested we wouldn't coz we are not good enough that I feel most sorry for. They are the biggest and best hibs fans out there so they will feel this pain more.

Wow!

The_Horde
22-03-2014, 05:10 PM
The players put it to bed a long time ago. Right about the time when butcher told them all they're oot the door.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Point is we should never have or should be aiming for 6th however we are that bad we are. I feel this top 6 bottom 6 is a false sense of achievment for me.

Yep. The split encourages mediocrity. Finishing 6th in a league of 12 should never be seen as an achievement, especially when you're one of the biggest clubs in that league.

Jim44
22-03-2014, 05:11 PM
6th place is nothing to talk about but it's a nod in the direction of the better teams in the league. 7th place and lower is simply indication of poor to rubbish teams. We are consolidated members of the latter and it's a no brainer to see why decent players are reluctant to come to ER.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 05:13 PM

It's a big deal if you're a bottom six team which is exactly what we are.

Captain Trips
22-03-2014, 05:14 PM
It's a big deal if you're a bottom six team which is exactly what we are.

Therefore we have different thoughts on the club.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Therefore we have different thoughts on the club.

No mate we have the same thoughts for the club, unfortunately the team that currently represents the club is a bottom six team that is the reality.