PDA

View Full Version : Germany v Scotland

hibby rae
21-03-2014, 04:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26688914

Officially announced to be in Dortmund. Going to be a great trip, especially as I'm doing a week in Italy first!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I hope the weather is better than it was on the day of the game the last time we played there.

TRC
21-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Hoping I can take the train to dortmund from Stockholm looking at prices just now

andy1875
21-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Fly to Amsterdam, have a few hours there and take the train from the Dam to Dortmund.

That's what I did last time.

What a trip :greengrin

hibby rae
21-03-2014, 05:11 PM
All booked! I'm flying back from Cologne on the Monday. Just need to decide on the best way to get there from Turin.

Potty78
21-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I hope the weather is better than it was on the day of the game the last time we played there.

Hutch I mind it well. They put on great entertainment but it hammered down all day. Some stadium mind. I was right at the back last time. Good times!

tartanhibee
21-03-2014, 05:52 PM
All booked up for this aswell going to stay in dusseldorf and head to Dortmund on the Sunday for the game.

Keith_M
21-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I'll be heading up on the train

Looking forward to it

:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Probably stay in Cologne for this, the stadium in Dortmund is magic, dinnae think much of the place though.

HiBremian
21-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Just 2 hours on the train from here. :greengrin

But where to get tickets? :cb

bigstu
21-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Any ideas how many tickets we're likely to get?

Speedy
21-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Fly to Amsterdam, have a few hours there and take the train from the Dam to Dortmund.

That's what I'm going for. £110 return to Amsterdam with KLM, 1 night in dam & 3 in dortmund.

H18sry
22-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Booked Munich when draw was made, so a night in Munich then train to Dortmund, and cheap flight back to Munich on the Monday. :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag

andrew70
22-03-2014, 09:11 AM

That's what I am doing in a cpl of weeks for a Dortmund game, I assume ur allowed to drink on the train etc?

pacorosssco
22-03-2014, 09:52 AM
That's what I am doing in a cpl of weeks for a Dortmund game, I assume ur allowed to drink on the train etc?

Oh yes you sure are .get a crate of Hertzog Jan to enjoy the ice train. Avoid buying bevy in Amsterdam central there is an Albert hein (shop) across road crate for 14 euro. Its lush

pacorosssco
22-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Ice train from dam to dusseldorf sat into dortmund sun back dam Mon. Can't wait. Germany rocks

Speedy
22-03-2014, 10:30 AM
What's the best way to get tickets if you're not in the supporters club? Find someone who can get tickets but isn't going?

I looked into joining but looks like it'll make no difference as there's no time to get loyalty points.

DC_Hibs
22-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Booked Munich when draw was made, so a night in Munich then train to Dortmund, and cheap flight back to Munich

Munich's a great city.

That will be some train journey though. Minimum 5-6 hours I'd think and pretty costly also if you ignore the chat re €29 tickets which you won't get for that mammoth trek.

Think the German connections might well be more expensive than your original booking.

Know a few groups who booked for DDorf and Cologne and are delighted.

pacorosssco
22-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Munich's a great city.

That will be some train journey though. Minimum 6 hours I'd think and pretty costly also if you ignore the chat re €29 tickets which you won't get for that mammoth trek.

Think the German connections might well be more expensive than your original booking.

Munich indeed great

Know a few groups who booked for DDorf and Cologne and are delighted.

Train tickets not available yet on ice but expect train to be a hoot.prefer cologne but dusseldorf easier for dortmund

pacorosssco
22-03-2014, 10:59 AM
What's the best way to get tickets if you're not in the supporters club? Find someone who can get tickets but isn't going?

I looked into joining but looks like it'll make no difference as there's no time to get loyalty points.

German end but if they win world cup nae chance

hibby rae
22-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Any ideas how many tickets we're likely to get?

A friend who's quite well informed on Scotland matters told me we'd get a minimum of 5% but probably ask for 10%.

SanFranHibs
22-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Been in the States and now Paris for so long I can't recall the last time I seen Scotland OUTSIDE the U.S. Where is the best place to get a ticket? Are they sold first to offical fan club?

And it will be my first time in Germany (Well, changing planes does not count).

Keith_M
22-03-2014, 02:04 PM
German end but if they win world cup nae chance

You just need the right contacts................

pacorosssco
22-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Is that an offer? Hope the hubs contingent meet up

pacorosssco
22-03-2014, 02:13 PM

Hoping dutch address will mean I can buying online

pacorosssco
22-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Been in the States and now Paris for so long I can't recall the last time I seen Scotland OUTSIDE the U.S. Where is the best place to get a ticket? Are they sold first to offical fan club?

And it will be my first time in Germany (Well, changing planes does not count).
Germany rocks beer brilliant people mostly brilliant food brilliant

Keith_M
23-03-2014, 12:41 PM

Is that an offer? .....

Not yet but you never know. :greengrin

.... Hope the hubs contingent meet up

Me too, I think it would be great. There's talk of all Germany based fans meeting up for this one but I'm sure they would allow a Dutchman to join them. We might even let you have your bike back :wink:

pacorosssco
23-03-2014, 01:18 PM

Me too, I think it would be great. There's talk of all Germany based fans meeting up for this one but I'm sure they would allow a Dutchman to join them. We might even let you have your bike back :wink:

Ha. Ill leave the bike and get the train instead. 5 of us from adam

Hibrandenburg
23-03-2014, 04:05 PM

Just doing a bit of research on tickets. It would appear there's not only areas for away fans and home fans but also a neutral area.

If we can get a gang together there's lounges for 10-20 people with drinks and food included for €450 per head. Personally like the sound of this.

It's about a 4 hour drive (foot down 240km/h) so I'll probably take the car with a couple of nights in Köln afterwards.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2014, 04:24 PM
450 euros each, surely not.

pacorosssco
23-03-2014, 04:28 PM

bargain

Bristolhibby
23-03-2014, 04:33 PM
All booked up for this aswell going to stay in dusseldorf and head to Dortmund on the Sunday for the game.

Snap, wasn't impressed with Dortmund as a city so have booked Dusseldorf, which is a Party Town by all accounts.

J

Hibrandenburg
23-03-2014, 04:46 PM

Might be more for a European Qualification game. Tickets details have not been released as far as I can see. The price quoted is for a game against Poland.

DC_Hibs
23-03-2014, 05:12 PM
If we can get a gang together there's lounges for 10-20 people with drinks and food included for €450 per head. Personally like the sound of this.

Done hospitality at a few stadiums in the Fatherland and that seems steep even for an international game. Can you not just order a package which would be available on an individual basis for around €250-300? Those are better value for money than paying a premium for your own box/lounge/table or whatever.

The boy flying via Munich - or was it Moscow - won't even be paying €450 to see the game including travel.

Hibrandenburg
23-03-2014, 05:23 PM

Might be more for a European Qualification game. Tickets details have not been released as far as I can see. The price quoted is for a game against Poland.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Couldnae justify forking out that sort of dough.

Hibrandenburg
23-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Couldnae justify forking out that sort of dough.

Me neither mate, but it would be my grotty little secret. It probably costs me around that anyway when I come back to watch Hibs, that's probably why I'd even consider it.

hibby rae
25-03-2014, 01:21 PM
That's everything booked! One night in Dusseldorf and two in Cologne for around £70! Just need tickets for the game now!

Keith_M
25-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Just doing a bit of research on tickets. It would appear there's not only areas for away fans and home fans but also a neutral area.

It's about a 4 hour drive (foot down 240km/h) so I'll probably take the car with a couple of nights in Köln afterwards.

Hi Paul.

Not sure about that, seems a bit steep for me. You never know but I'll have a look into other options first.

Hibrandenburg
25-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi Paul.

Not sure about that, seems a bit steep for me. You never know but I'll have a look into other options first.

That was a quote on the DFB's own page for the game against Poland. It's an option I might look at further down the line. Sometimes you've got to push the boat out :greengrin

Keith_M
25-03-2014, 04:02 PM
That was a quote on the DFB's own page for the game against Poland. It's an option I might look at further down the line. Sometimes you've got to push the boat out :greengrin

So, are you treating the rest of us to a day out in Dortmund? Terrorising innocent passengers at the Airport must pay really well :wink:

Hibrandenburg
26-03-2014, 09:09 AM
So, are you treating the rest of us to a day out in Dortmund? Terrorising innocent passengers at the Airport must pay really well :wink:

Nah, I do that just for fun Keith. Get a bit of pocket money to supplement the wife's hard earned millions though. :wink:

HarpyHibby
26-03-2014, 09:27 AM
4 hibbys booked on the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam on the Thursday. Friday night in Dusseldorf and Sat & Sun in Dortmund. If anyone has enough SSC points for a ticket they won't be using, it would be much appreciated! :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
26-03-2014, 10:16 AM
is Dusseldorf or Cologne better? (for a few drinks / things to see)

anyone also found a good connection (train / bus) to Dortmund from either place?

Going to travel to either of those and stay 2 nights; only travel to Dortmund on match day (apparently not the nicest place?)
In any case we can fly from Prague to Dusseldorf or Cologne at good prices (and times).

Should be a cracking few days!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I stayed in Cologne the last time and have been back a couple of times since, I highly recommend it. Direct train to/from Dortmund too.

HarpyHibby
26-03-2014, 11:06 AM

anyone also found a good connection (train / bus) to Dortmund from either place?

Going to travel to either of those and stay 2 nights; only travel to Dortmund on match day (apparently not the nicest place?)
In any case we can fly from Prague to Dusseldorf or Cologne at good prices (and times).

Dusseldorf to Dortmund won't cost you more than €12 one way if you book it 3 months in advance, less if you book as part of a group (6 or more).

Craig_in_Prague
26-03-2014, 11:12 AM
I stayed in Cologne the last time and have been back a couple of times since, I highly recommend it. Direct train to/from Dortmund too.

Excellent. cheers

Bristolhibby
26-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Dusseldorf to Dortmund won't cost you more than €12 one way if you book it 3 months in advance, less if you book as part of a group (6 or more).

If you are traveling on match day your game ticket gives you free regional travel.

I intend getting the train from Dusseldorf to Dortmund and back on match day.

J

Fisherrow_Hibs
26-03-2014, 01:24 PM
FTA Troops going to Cologne (great place) travelling to Dortmund via train on day, hopefully they will supply the washing up liquid on landing again :wink::thumbsup:

Then for Warsaw.........

FTA