PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: 91 Year Old Tommy Wins

RSS Bot
20-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Fifth 1 in 100 Winner Announced

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140320/91-year-old-tommy-wins-_2262950_3723079)

RSS Bot
20-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Fourth 1 in 100 Winner Announced

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140320/91-year-old-tommy-wins_2262950_3723079)

bigwheel
20-03-2014, 04:48 PM
91 year old season ticket holder - fantastic ! The players should be in a draw to meet him rather than other way around ! Big respect !

KdyHby
20-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Think I used to work beside Tommy many, many years ago. If he's the same person, he was very active with Hibs, even selling Hibs raffle tickets to win a car at Asda, Jewel.

Gatecrasher
20-03-2014, 05:14 PM
If this guy isn't inspiration to keep the faith I don't know what is, hope he has a great day!

http://youtu.be/AUkhydJ5TyY

Keith_M
20-03-2014, 05:28 PM
So he's the fourth AND the fifth winner? Or is it just co-incidence that two of the winners are called Tommy and are both 91 years old?

:hmmm: (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?280409-Official-Site-91-Year-Old-Tommy-Wins)

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?280409-Official-Site-91-Year-Old-Tommy-Wins

oregonhibby
20-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Good luck to the man. We are not worthy!

Jonnyboy
20-03-2014, 07:09 PM
An inspiration. Well done Tommy :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2014, 07:11 PM
That's a great clip, gatecrasher. I had a wee lump in my throat watching that. Tommy still believes!

AndyM_1875
20-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Can't say any more. :flag:

SouthMoroccoStu
20-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Hibs class, well done tommy

He should do the team talk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-03-2014, 07:30 PM
:top marks

Mr White
20-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Tommy :not worth

Hibstrooper
20-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know if winners are picked as they apply?

I'm sure someone who won was on saying that they got a call on the day they renewed. I renewed last week so am I still in with a shout or has my chance gone?

Kojock
20-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Superb. The old guy shouldn't have to win a competition to be treated like a VIP. He should get the red carpet treatment every time he goes to ER.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-03-2014, 09:44 PM
His interview on HibernianTV :not worth http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AUkhydJ5TyY#

20-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Tommy - Your a true hero and deserve your prize.:not worth

He's fortunate enough to have seen what is undoubtably the greatest Hibs Team in the Famous Five (you lucky man) but he's undoubtably seen the some poor teams down the years but still he keeps his faith in his team. If I live to my 90's I hope I still have the good health to be able to come along to ER and back my team like Tommy. Take a bow. Very worthy winner.:applause:

Slim Shady
20-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Tommy is a family friend and has been for over 50 years.

What a character he is and the amount of unsung charity work he does / used to do was unreal for which he recently received the BEM (British Empire Medal)

A lot of the older generation (that are still around) will remember him as an entertainer

http://www.scotsman.com/news/tommy-s-centre-stage-in-show-of-gratitude-1-1346506

Well done auld yin.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-03-2014, 10:39 PM
That's an outstanding video. Loved every second of it. My day's aunt is 87 now and hasn't missed a home game for over 20 years. She was still going to every away game until the family put a stop to it a couple of years ago. Pains me that fans like her and Tommy haven't seen a Scottish cup win

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-03-2014, 10:40 PM
dad's aunt*

truehibernian
21-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Absolutely take my hat off to Tommy and what a wee story :aok::thumbsup:

But why oh why oh why (in Barry Took fashion) do Hibs TV get the most uninspiring, bored sounding, 'I'm reading from a sheet of paper' interviewer to ask Tommy questions - Hibs are a huge huge huge let down in media items. That piece was prime for a proper interview, with the interviewer asking questions with some humility and pride - not a guy who sounds like he's in a rush to get a bus.

Poor poor poor from Hibs media - sorry to throw a downer on it - but this kind of story needs to be given the respect the old man deserves. I thought Hibs could have at least had someone from the Board there and showing appreciation.

Am I just being pedantic - feel free to give me a .net slap :greengrin

Bay Area Hibees
21-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Agree with all this.

Poor interview. Amazing story. Fan for 80 years.
Players should be begging to meet him.

Thanks Tommy

Gettin' Auld
21-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Superb. The old guy shouldn't have to win a competition to be treated like a VIP. He should get the red carpet treatment every time he goes to ER.
:top marks

Swedish hibee
21-03-2014, 11:20 AM
His answer "cos I want to see the Hibs" was wonderful. Nothing else needed. Superb.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Theres always one wee fanny that has to bring a downer on things in our support eh? @DeanPearson10: @HibernianFCClub 91 And still gon to see that pish lol #sillyauld******* The guy can only dream to be such a great fan of Hibs like Tommy.

Islington Hibs
21-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Absolutely take my hat off to Tommy and what a wee story :aok::thumbsup:

But why oh why oh why (in Barry Took fashion) do Hibs TV get the most uninspiring, bored sounding, 'I'm reading from a sheet of paper' interviewer to ask Tommy questions - Hibs are a huge huge huge let down in media items. That piece was prime for a proper interview, with the interviewer asking questions with some humility and pride - not a guy who sounds like he's in a rush to get a bus.

Poor poor poor from Hibs media - sorry to throw a downer on it - but this kind of story needs to be given the respect the old man deserves. I thought Hibs could have at least had someone from the Board there and showing appreciation.

Am I just being pedantic - feel free to give me a .net slap :greengrin

Agree. The interviewer is simply reading from a list of banal questions. No enthusiasm or spark and should have done very much better. That said what a worthy winner and a great idea by Hibs. Well done and hope it inspires as many sales as possible.

truehibernian
21-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't know the wee dude's name but he posts here as LoI.......Hibs, please please please, get that wee Irish lad to do some upbeat interviews and uploaded onto the site. He has a wee bit charm, passion when interviewing and you can feel the enthusiasm he has for Hibs.

Hibs media.....you know it makes sense :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-03-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't know the wee dude's name but he posts here as LoI.......Hibs, please please please, get that wee Irish lad to do some upbeat interviews and uploaded onto the site. He has a wee bit charm, passion when interviewing and you can feel the enthusiasm he has for Hibs.

Hibs media.....you know it makes sense :aok:

The young Irish lad, Donagh? Think he is called LOIinterview or something on here. Get him signed up Hibs! The guy who does HTV atm asks cringey questions.

truehibernian
21-03-2014, 12:59 PM
The young Irish lad, Donagh? Think he is called LOIinterview or something on here. Get him signed up Hibs! The guy who does HTV atm asks cringey questions.

That's the lad - every single time I watch his interviews he brings a wee smile to my face with his enthusiasm. That is what Hibs need in their media outputs, someone who has that passion. And he's young and keen. Not afraid to ask good questions too.

Does he still post ? That would be a good interview, a young Hibee like him interviewing an elderly Hibee like Tommy :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-03-2014, 01:10 PM
That's the lad - every single time I watch his interviews he brings a wee smile to my face with his enthusiasm. That is what Hibs need in their media outputs, someone who has that passion. And he's young and keen. Not afraid to ask good questions too.

Does he still post ? That would be a good interview, a young Hibee like him interviewing an elderly Hibee like Tommy :agree:

:agree: He would be superb for us. Young, keen and ask good questions with a smile on his face. Would give the clowns from the BBC a showing up! Not seen him post since the semi final vs Falkirk as he had exams IIRC (Hope he did well).

Look forward to hearing from him soon:greengrin

sven nil
21-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I would show that to the players that video just before the game tomorrow, Inspiration.

Rock on tommy,Respect from me.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Win the game for him tomorrow. If that doesn't inspire them, I don't know what will.

emerald green
22-03-2014, 01:38 PM
If only Hibs could win the Scottish Cup for a guy like this. Well done and well deserved Tommy. :aok: