PDA

View Full Version : The Newco Yams

Waxy
19-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Whatever it is they're going to call themselves once they start in the lowland league who cares.
What i do care about is making sure we never ever let them groundshare with us.
I hope every hibby feels the same.Once the developers flatten that dump in gorgie they can do one away to saughton enclosure.

Reaper
19-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Unless Rod got money up front from them (which ismt going to happen) it'll never happen. He's far to cynical n shrewd to fall for false promises.

wearethehibs
19-03-2014, 10:19 PM
If they are ever liquidated could we please not call any newco team "Yams". Cringe everytime I see it.

Jonnyboy
19-03-2014, 10:48 PM
If they are ever liquidated could we please not call any newco team "Yams". Cringe everytime I see it.

How about The New Yams :wink:

Saorsa
19-03-2014, 10:49 PM
How about The New Yams :wink::agree:

Ozyhibby
20-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Yamco

Jones28
20-03-2014, 12:43 AM

Any alternative veg? Aubergine? Potato? Celeriac?

GreenLake
20-03-2014, 12:51 AM
The New Potatoes

Weststandwanab
20-03-2014, 07:05 AM
If they are ever liquidated could we please not call any newco team "Yams". Cringe everytime I see it.What would you like us all to refer to them as ?

MSK
20-03-2014, 07:11 AM
What would you like us all to refer to them as ?Rotten Spuds ..:agree:

chinaman
20-03-2014, 07:16 AM

Yamalamadingdongs

The Gorf
20-03-2014, 07:35 AM
They'll still be the c**** to me.:flag:

Keith_M
20-03-2014, 08:54 AM
What would you like us all to refer to them as ?

Cling-ons (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cling-ons)

AndyM_1875
20-03-2014, 09:08 AM
IF Easter Road was changed to one of those UEFA 4G surface hybrid grass playing surfaces to stop them tearing up the pitch and IF Rod is guaranteed money for rent then I'll happily see us trouser cash from them. Got no problem with Hibs pocketing cash from them.
We could pay our mortgage with it & perhaps the cost of a hybrid surface, leaving more ££ for the manager's budget.

clerriehibs
20-03-2014, 10:48 AM

ltyf :-D

Waxy
20-03-2014, 11:21 AM
IF Easter Road was changed to one of those UEFA 4G surface hybrid grass playing surfaces to stop them tearing up the pitch and IF Rod is guaranteed money for rent then I'll happily see us trouser cash from them. Got no problem with Hibs pocketing cash from them.
We could pay our mortgage with it & perhaps the cost of a hybrid surface, leaving more ££ for the manager's budget.No.Not ever.imagine the grief if they get any higher attendance than us. No way.

Weststandwanab
20-03-2014, 11:29 AM
We could pay our mortgage with it & perhaps the cost of a hybrid surface, leaving more ££ for the manager's budget. There speaks the voice of reason.

No.Not ever.imagine the grief if they get any higher attendance than us. No way. Could lead to a drop in the cost of season tickets

Saorsa
20-03-2014, 11:35 AM
No.Not ever.imagine the grief if they get any higher attendance than us. No way.Could have just stopped there.

jacomo
20-03-2014, 11:50 AM
No.Not ever.imagine the grief if they get any higher attendance than us. No way.

I think a ground share would guarantee they wouldn't. How can you get a higher attendance than a full house, which has already been achieved?

And if you are worried about average attendances across a season, a Leith boycott from a sizeable section of the old Hearts support would mean they would always be the minority party at ER. Forever in our shadow, if you will.

Bristolhibby
20-03-2014, 01:07 PM
It would drive them radge having to sit week in, week out in Green seats, with Hibs in their face. No rights to put up their badge, they will know that it is our good will that is keeping them going. We would own them and they would pay for the privilege.

J

AndyM_1875
20-03-2014, 01:22 PM
No.Not ever.imagine the grief if they get any higher attendance than us. No way.

If they're playing lower league football there is no chance of that. They'll have poorer crowds than us next year anyway.
The lower down you go, the worse it gets and they ain't Rangers, their support is fickle as hell.
If they're in Division 1 or 2, playing at ER then you're looking at 4 and 5000 tops.

As I said IF and only IF we had a 4G surface would I entertain them coughing up rent.