PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dundee United St Mirren offside goal

JimBHibees
18-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Was watching the Sportscene highlights and couldnt believe the United first goal was given the United striker on getting the ball prior to the goal must have been about 6 or 7 yards offside and yet they end up scoring from the move. Quite incredible and given St Mirren were 2 up with 10 to go and lost they must feel massively gutted. Quite honestly one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

The cheat was reffing and although it was the linesmans call I actually think it was that blatant that he should have been able to give it anyway.

ekhibee
18-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Was watching the Sportscene highlights and couldnt believe the United first goal was given the United striker on getting the ball prior to the goal must have been about 6 or 7 yards offside and yet they end up scoring from the move. Quite incredible and given St Mirren were 2 up with 10 to go and lost they must feel massively gutted. Quite honestly one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

The cheat was reffing and although it was the linesmans call I actually think it was that blatant that he should have been able to give it anyway.
Yup, couldn't argue with any of what you say there. And it certainly wasn't just 1 player offside either.

Saorsa
18-03-2014, 05:18 PM

The cheat was reffing and although it was the linesmans call I actually think it was that blatant that he should have been able to give it anyway.Dinnae watch borescene but just looked at the bbc highlights, terrible that that wisnae given offside. The commentary mentioned that there was even a 2nd time offside could have been given in the same move but the angle is less good from the highlights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/26602958

JimBHibees
18-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Dinnae watch borescene but just looked at the bbc highlights, terrible that that wisnae given offside. The commentary mentioned that there was even a 2nd time offside could have been given in the same move but the angle is less good from the highlights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/26602958

Yep that blatant the presenter on Sportscene indicated Jackie McNamara must have been the linesman :greengrin, truly incredible decision. The standard at times is appalling.

How bad was Kello's mistake for the winner.

wookie70
18-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Unless the left back was in a shocking position out of shot then that is one of the worse offside decisions I have seen. Normally, you would want to see along the line but there is no need in that case.

Just_Jimmy
18-03-2014, 06:04 PM
If st mirren had got a point would it have meant hearts go down by losing to Hibs? Who was the ref? Mmmmmmm.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
18-03-2014, 06:11 PM
If st mirren had got a point would it have meant hearts go down by losing to Hibs? Who was the ref? Mmmmmmm.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Partick Thistle and Ross County both winning on Saturday, if St Mirren had got a point on Saturday then, if Hearts lose to Dundee Utd on Friday, then we could relegate them on the 30th.

The only slight downside to that conspiracy theory is that Ross County hadn't even kicked off when Dundee Utd scored their winner.

Jonnyboy
18-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Yep that blatant the presenter on Sportscene indicated Jackie McNamara must have been the linesman :greengrin, truly incredible decision. The standard at times is appalling.

How bad was Kello's mistake for the winner.

Is that the same Kello some folk on here are touting as a replacement for Ben? :wink:

Judas Iscariot
18-03-2014, 08:20 PM
There's a pic that shows the LB quite deep, nowhere near playing them on but deeper than the other 3 defenders

erin go bragh
18-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Terrible decision but still not as bad as Sparkys goal that was never given against the filth .

Ggtth

brog
18-03-2014, 08:27 PM
What about our ref on Saturday. The incident just before the Craig penalty shout when Watmore was brought down on edge of the box was ridiculous. The Thistle player never got near the ball. Mind you the corner he gave us in 1st half when ball came off Cummings may have been even worse. Scottish refs are a joke.

JimBHibees
18-03-2014, 08:37 PM
What about our ref on Saturday. The incident just before the Craig penalty shout when Watmore was brought down on edge of the box was ridiculous. The Thistle player never got near the ball. Mind you the corner he gave us in 1st half when ball came off Cummings may have been even worse. Scottish refs are a joke.

I thought Hibs should have had a pen when Watmore got clattered late on after shooting over the bar, a clear foul IMO.

The Green Goblin
18-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Terrible decision but still not as bad as Sparkys goal that was never given against the filth .

Ggtth

Totally. That one is still just unbelievable.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Scottish refs and linesman are amateur and pish.

RyeSloan
19-03-2014, 02:30 PM
There's a pic that shows the LB quite deep, nowhere near playing them on but deeper than the other 3 defenders

Surely the goalscorer is offside as well when the ball is crossed.

Absolutely bizarre goal.