PDA

View Full Version : If we finish bottom 6 - derby against them at ER

Diclonius
17-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Any guesses as to when this might be if we continue to falter? Got a pal who's never been to a football game who I'm looking to bring along but they won't be able to make it if it's either of the first two fixtures after the split.

Saorsa
17-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Any guesses as to when this might be if we continue to falter? Got a pal who's never been to a football game who I'm looking to bring along but they won't be able to make it if it's either of the first two fixtures after the split.Are you going tae make arrangements based on what gets the most guesses on here?

The Gorf
17-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Are you going tae make arrangements based on what gets the most guesses on here?
I like that. :thumbsup:

Michael
17-03-2014, 06:53 PM
It might not even be at Easter Road, unless I'm mistaken? We've had to play other sides away from home 3 times in the past.

Broken Gnome
17-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Fully expect 20,000+ again whenever it is.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2014, 07:08 PM
It might not even be at Easter Road, unless I'm mistaken? We've had to play other sides away from home 3 times in the past.

I don't think they've ever scheduled a derby match to be played 3 times in one season at one team's stadium.

If there's a fourth league derby this year, it'll be at Easter Road.

Ronniekirk
17-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Any guesses as to when this might be if we continue to falter? Got a pal who's never been to a football game who I'm looking to bring along but they won't be able to make it if it's either of the first two fixtures after the split.
That game might not be a patch on derby coming up for atmosphere .i will go as can't get ticket for Tynie but don't see us selling out again unless they are defo going into liquidation between Tynie derby and next one at Easter road

hibbybob
17-03-2014, 07:15 PM

We've played (or will play) 4 of the 5 bottom teams twice away from home before the split so it's inevitable that we'll end up playing at least one team away from home 3 times this season. We will also have had 17 home games pre-split so every possibility that we'll only get 2 home games post split!

I really wouldn't be surprised if we ended up lining hearts pockets again!

Leithenhibby
17-03-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't think they've ever scheduled a derby match to be played 3 times in one season at one team's stadium.

If there's a fourth league derby this year, it'll be at Easter Road.

I think there has and now Im going to have to prove it know doubt. Unless someone can save me the hassle.... ;-)

Mr White
17-03-2014, 07:26 PM
I think there has and now Im going to have to prove it know doubt. Unless someone can save me the hassle.... ;-)

I'm certain there hasn't been a third home derby for hibs or hearts. We went to ibrox 3 times in 07/08 (I think).

Hermit Crab
17-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I reckon it will be the last game of the season for tv to keep the interest up. Last ever derby on the last game of the season on tele.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-03-2014, 09:48 PM
I hope we'd boycott if they gave us a meaningless 3rd derby at the PBS? **** lining their pockets again. We've just donated them £100k. It should be at ER and I'm confident it would be. Probably looking at about 16k tops. A huge drop since the previous home derby

SouthamptonHibs
17-03-2014, 10:00 PM
We are defo finishing in bottom 6! There is no way we'll pick up 9pts in three games and confident St J' s will get at least 6pts in next four games (3 /4 games all v bottom 6 teams)
I'd guess that if Hearts are not relegated by the split then they'll make sure we play them last as they won't want us relegating them on the first game after the split.

Leithenhibby
17-03-2014, 10:20 PM
We are defo finishing in bottom 6! There is no way we'll pick up 9pts in three games and confident St J' s will get at least 6pts in next four games (3 /4 games all v bottom 6 teams)
I'd guess that if Hearts are not relegated by the split then they'll make sure we play them last as they won't want us relegating them on the first game after the split.

I think that's a fair shout.

Scotland's finest wont want any more hassle than is necessary, and if that means keeping the last game against them until the last game of the season, then so be it.......

The authorities will do everything in their power to defuse the situation.....

Sir David Gray
17-03-2014, 10:22 PM

There's a decent chance we'll relegate them in a couple of weeks.

hibbysam
18-03-2014, 11:24 AM
The one rule about the split is that there will be an even split of home/away derbies in a season... Unless your in opposite halves of course. If there is 4 derbies 2 will be at home and 2 will be away from home.

lord bunberry
18-03-2014, 12:28 PM

If you watched st Johnstone on Saturday night you wouldn't be confident they would get any points, they were terrible, just as bad as us in fact.

Keith_M
18-03-2014, 01:41 PM
There's no longer any 'if' about this, there's absolutely no chance of us being in the top six.

As for your question, the fixtures won't be announced until just before the split.

-----

Here's my predictions for the 3 games before the split.

St J - Draw
Hearts - Draw
Aberdeen - Defeat

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Wonder if we'll get 20k again.

brog
18-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Wonder if we'll get 20k again.

Not unless they give the whole ground over to us. Yams will bring less than the 1,000 or so who turned up for the 6-2 game. It will be a protest at high prices though! :greengrin

Diclonius
18-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Are you going tae make arrangements based on what gets the most guesses on here?

Sounds reasonable.