PDA

View Full Version : The failings of previous managers...

Northernhibee
16-03-2014, 12:41 AM
...are not the fault of Terry Butcher.

I understand why people are saying "We've been patient for years", "we've endured garbage for years" - I totally do. We all want to see a good, solid Hibs team in the upper echelons of the SPFL, playing attractive football but to expect TB to live up to the days of Mowbray so quickly are simply unrealistic.

Be angry if you think Petrie has mismanaged the team, but be angry at him. Butcher is a man who likes to play direct and at pace - we don't have the players yet for that. If we wanted instant results then he wouldn't have been the man for the job.

If we want TB to turn this cub around then he deserves the respect of time and patience. Don't burden him with the failure of previous years, don't burden him with the failings of Calderwood and Yogi, let's do everything we can to support him in rebuilding the club, getting a strong ethos in and getting the club up the top of the table. Let's give him the time and respect to do so.

Emerald
16-03-2014, 12:48 AM

I understand why people are saying "We've been patient for years", "we've endured garbage for years" - I totally do. We all want to see a good, solid Hibs team in the upper echelons of the SPFL, playing attractive football but to expect TB to live up to the days of Mowbray so quickly are simply unrealistic.

Be angry if you think Petrie has mismanaged the team, but be angry at him. Butcher is a man who likes to play direct and at pace - we don't have the players yet for that. If we wanted instant results then he wouldn't have been the man for the job.

If we want TB to turn this cub around then he deserves the respect of time and patience. Don't burden him with the failure of previous years, don't burden him with the failings of Calderwood and Yogi, let's do everything we can to support him in rebuilding the club, getting a strong ethos in and getting the club up the top of the table. Let's give him the time and respect to do so.

Agree with that but Petrie is an employee and is acting under instruction from the owner. Where's the problem then?

Bostonhibby
16-03-2014, 12:52 AM
The last one was eye wateringly bad, we were leaking goals and the best we could do is top of the bottom pile. That could actually be a target from now until the end of the season.

Agree your general point however at this stage its the same old tune just a different front man..........

Onward and upward

aunty joyce
16-03-2014, 01:23 AM

I couldn't agree more and if we don't give TB time we'll be back on the 'New Manager' merry-go-round again in the not too distant future.

I will be renewing my Season Ticket for next year because if I don't then where do we expect the club to find the funds to back the Manager financially in the summer?

GGTTH