PDA

View Full Version : Players contracts that are up at the end of the season

KiddA
15-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but who's contracts are up at the end of the season?

Thanks in advance

weonlywon6-2
15-03-2014, 11:09 PM
all of them hopefully

weonlywon6-2
15-03-2014, 11:15 PM
all of them hopefully

Tinribs
15-03-2014, 11:32 PM
all of them hopefully

Double post will not help. But a lot i hope, but cba looking it all up :bitchy:

IberianHibernian
15-03-2014, 11:40 PM
When do contracts of Butcher and assistants end ? I`d guess summer 2016 but doubt it really matters since if we repeat what we did in first full seasons with Yogi and Fenlon and get to top of the league in winter we may have to look for someone new anyway . If we continue next season like in early 2014 , we may have to look at compensation etc yet again and start again .

snooky
16-03-2014, 10:48 AM
When do contracts of Butcher and assistants end ? I`d guess summer 2016 but doubt it really matters since if we repeat what we did in first full seasons with Yogi and Fenlon and get to top of the league in winter we may have to look for someone new anyway . If we continue next season like in early 2014 , we may have to look at compensation etc yet again and start again .

When's the AGM? :wink:

Sir David Gray
16-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Dean Horribine
Paul Grant
Abdellah Zoubir (end of loan)
Daniel Boateng (end of loan)
Duncan Watmore (end of loan)
Danny Haynes (end of loan)

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Dean Horribine
Paul Grant

The worrying thing is only 3 of the players we actually have under contract to us played yesterday.:rolleyes:

Michael
16-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Dean Horribine
Paul Grant

I don't think I'd keep any of them. Maybe, give Handling another year and see what happens.

As much as I think Thomson can offer something in the right system, Butcher does not seem to fancy him one bit. As for Williams, I think he's been good for us but he'll almost certainly be leaving.

The only other question mark for me is Cairney. Part of me still thinks he could be a great player with a good pre-season.

DTS
16-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Handling cairney and Taiwo I would keep. I'd like Thomson to get a new contract but I can't see that happening

Eyrie
16-03-2014, 12:11 PM
From that list I'd only consider keeping Williams, Taiwo and Thomson. Even then, Williams is supposed to be leaving, and both Taiwo and Thomson have been told they can go.

Heisenberg
16-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I'd give Handling another year.

gaz1875
16-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Handling has never shown anything for me, and is one of the reasons we have had to bring in loan wide player signings over the last couple of seasons. You just need to look at young attacking players from the other spl teams to see how little impact he gives us when he plays. Starting to think Cummings is the same, but maybe he needs a break in front of goal for that to change.

Brooster
16-03-2014, 06:23 PM
It wont break the bank to give handling a new contract, the others I would let go. I'm hearing Cairney has signed a pre contract with another club from a semi reliable source so dont quote me lol. I also wouldn't mind watmore for another year, he looks like he can create things.

Heisenberg
16-03-2014, 07:49 PM
It wont break the bank to give handling a new contract, the others I would let go. I'm hearing Cairney has signed a pre contract with another club from a semi reliable source so dont quote me lol. I also wouldn't mind watmore for another year, he looks like he can create things.

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Cairney leave. He can sometimes create goals for fun and at other times looks totally useless. I thought a return to Partick would be likely if he didn't get a deal here.

Billy Whizz
16-03-2014, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't be disappointed to see Cairney leave. He can sometimes create goals for fun and at other times looks totally useless. I thought a return to Partick would be likely if he didn't get a deal here.

Must be either Partick, St Mirren or Killie, though I'm surprised any of these teams are offering pre contracts, as they don't know what division they will be in next season, unless its SEVCO

Taz_hibee
16-03-2014, 08:56 PM
There is no one on that list IMO that we could not replace with someone better, all have had more than there fair share of chances and look at the state we are in.
A clear out in the summer and hopefully some decent players with pace in for next season
In TB & MM we trust

HoboHarry
16-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Must be either Partick, St Mirren or Killie, though I'm surprised any of these teams are offering pre contracts, as they don't know what division they will be in next season, unless its SEVCO
Why these clubs? Could be any number of lower level English clubs I would have thought....

KiddA
17-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Dean Horribine
Paul Grant

Thanks for the information

Iain G
17-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Dean Horribine
Paul Grant

So that would leave us with...

Hanlon
Stevenson
Forster
Nelson
McGivern
Callum Booth?
Tudur Jones
Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris
Collins
Heffernan
Cummings

The Sea-gull
17-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Danny Handling
Ben Williams
James McPake
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
Ross Caldwell
Alan Maybury
Kevin Thomson
Sean Murdoch
Dean Horribine
Paul Grant

Would maybe keep Handling from that lot. No idea what Horrobine is like so wouldn't mind keeping him to see if he will break through. From what I have seen and heard, might be wrothing trying to retain Watmore on loan if possible but would prefer to wait until end of season before a decision is made.

Don't think Sean Murdoch does any harm as a back up goalie and don't mind Paul Grant staying as no 3. Williams doesn't seem happy so would say bye to him and sign a new no 1. The rest I would not offer new deals. We need as many new players as possible so the loser attitude is away from the squad.

I would also try and see if there is any way to move any of McGivern, Nelson, Tudor Jones, Heffernan and Collins on too.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2014, 10:06 AM
There are only a couple of this lot who are worth keeping, Hanlon and Robertson, the rest i'd keep are the younger ones like Forster Stanton Harris and the likes, the rest can get tae ****. They are all part of the loser mentality that's riddled right through the club.

This will obviously be much harder to do than just talk about it, but it needs doing.

Folk can talk about how we can't keep turning so many players over again and again and again, but it is needed again. This lot are bloody useless, and its been proved 100% in my opinion that no amount of trying to get a tune from them will work.

It appears that this season he's making sure everyone from the top to the bottom of the club are under no illusions who is in control of the football club, and i'm hoping this is all part of the master plan for the coming years.

If Butcher is as good as some folk say he is, then he and his management team will be able to assemble a much better team on the kind of money available to him at Hibs.

99% of us are behind him, and 100% of us want him to succeed.

The Sea-gull
17-03-2014, 10:18 AM
There are only a couple of this lot who are worth keeping, Hanlon and Robertson, the rest i'd keep are the younger ones like Forster Stanton Harris and the likes, the rest can get tae ****. They are all part of the loser mentality that's riddled right through the club.

This will obviously be much harder to do than just talk about it, but it needs doing.

Folk can talk about how we can't keep turning so many players over again and again and again, but it is needed again. This lot are bloody useless, and its been proved 100% in my opinion that no amount of trying to get a tune from them will work.

It appears that this season he's making sure everyone from the top to the bottom of the club are under no illusions who is in control of the football club, and i'm hoping this is all part of the master plan for the coming years.

If Butcher is as good as some folk say he is, then he and his management team will be able to assemble a much better team on the kind of money available to him at Hibs.

99% of us are behind him, and 100% of us want him to succeed.

Good post especially the last bit. Makes a refreshing change from having to read posts from Hibs fans telling fellow Hibs fans how delighted they are when Hibs have lost and how gutted they are when Hibs have won. It will be hard to get rid of that number of players and replace them all and get the new ones to gel in one summer. Hard but not impossible.

We probably won't be able to get rid of all of the players we should due to contracts but players like Nelson and Heffernan may not be too difficult to deal with. Could maybe add McGivern to that list. No harm to any of them but they are just not good enough often enough. As have said before would keep basically none of the out of contract players aside from sub goalies and a couple of young boys.

The Sea-gull
17-03-2014, 10:27 AM

Why these clubs? Could be any number of lower level English clubs I would have thought....

Wouldn't be a huge surprise if Cairney is already teed up somewhere else. Patrick, St Mirren and Dundee United were all credited with an interest in him in January. Dundee United would surprise me a bit as I don't think he is good enough given the type of players they have and type of football they play but McNamara will know him from their time at Partick and may think he can fit in well, even as a squad player. Right now that would be a good move for PC as squad player at Dundee United is better than squad player at Hibs but I'm hoping Terry will, over the next year or so, get us in a position where coming to Hibs is a more attractive option than Dundee United.

oldbutdim
17-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Paul has just bought a new house and has not been offered a new contract at Hibs.
I would imagine his agent is talking to other clubs with a view to tying up a deal.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Paul has just bought a new house and has not been offered a new contract at Hibs.
I would imagine his agent is talking to other clubs with a view to tying up a deal.

Grant or Cairney?

BVB Hibs
17-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Not sure I'd keep all too many from that list of players. Handling is still young and Taiwo has shown one or two sparks of life since being told he can leave in January. Also not be entirely surprised to see us give McPake another chance, as much as I know that would annoy many of the fans. However, 1 year pay as you play deal to see what he can do properly fit and prepared might not be our worst ever move.

Beyond that list I'd probably try move on Nelson if at all possible. The others I'd keep if I'm honest. Yes, we can go on and on about a loser mentality at the club and wanting to change the entire playing squad, but what's that really going to bring us? If we replace all the players we'll end up with a squad of players with similar ability. Our side this year is considerably better than that last year, with the exception of Griffiths, which shows what one good player could do. Personally I'd free up the wages from the current crop of out of contract players and beyond that look for a few stars to solidfy the side.

Obviously if Williams leaves, another keeper of a good standard is a priority. Then we need a good CB to play beside Hanlon, a good holding player beside Robertson (who we've missed), a good winger and a 15+ goal a season striker. 5 good signings, with the wages freed up that should be entirely possible. Beyond that we've a team of solid professionals, nothing special but all of them SPL standard, and some good youngsters in the shape of Harris, Stanton and Forster. We'd probably be a bit short on squad positions, so I'd probably look at drafting up one or two younger lads to fill the back up rolls. As far as I'm concerned though, this team doesn't need an overhaul, it needs a spine of players. We're an SPL side, we don't have the resources to replace an entire playing squad and expect us to come out with a better side.

LancsHibs
17-03-2014, 01:09 PM
I only wish that the list of out of contract players was longer! From that list I like KT as a player but can't see a future at ER for him and would be pleased if we could secure Watmore on loan again. As for the 'in contract' players I would be pleased if any or all from Hanlon/Stevenson/Nelson/McGivern/OTJ/Craig/Collns/Heffernon could be moved on (some more than others!) but I can't see there being much interest from other clubs unfortunately.

scoopyboy
17-03-2014, 01:13 PM

Where has he bought the house?

Close to Dundee?:greengrin

MoantheCabbage
17-03-2014, 01:32 PM

Hanlon
Stevenson
Forster
Nelson
McGivern
Callum Booth?
Tudur Jones
Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris
Collins
Heffernan
Cummings

Pretty sure Heffernan and Nelson both out of contract at the end of the season. Anyone confirm?

oldbutdim
17-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Grant or Cairney?

Cairney.

oldbutdim
17-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Where has he bought the house?

Close to Dundee?:greengrin

No, but within travelling distance!

Billy Whizz
17-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Pretty sure Heffernan and Nelson both out of contract at the end of the season. Anyone confirm?

End of next season

MoantheCabbage
17-03-2014, 01:56 PM
End of next season

Thanks mate.

The Sea-gull
17-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Seems like we have four categories of player just now. Those in contract we want to keep, those in contract we wouldn't mind leaving and the same two for the out of contracts. Everyone's opinion about who should be in which of the first two lists will be different but here's a starter:-

In contract and keep - Hanlon, Stevenson, Forster, Stanton, Harris, Craig, Robertson and Cummings

In contract and move on - Nelson, McGivern, Tudur Jones, Collins, and Heffernan

Out of contract and consider keeping - Handling, Murdoch, Grant, Horrobine, Boateng and Watmore (make decision at end of season on last two names).

Out of contract and move on - Williams, McPake, Cairney, Taiwo, Caldwell, Maybury, Thomson, Zoubir and Haynes.

If we kept the majority of those in the keep lists and got rid of most of those in the move on lists, we'd need about 10 players or so. Sounds a lot but when you consider how much is going out the door in wages and the natural promotion of a couple of youth players to the first team squad, it is not that unachievable.

I remember photos last summer in the press of Dundee United, Aberdeen and ICT 's new signings and there being 6, 7 and 8 players in the pictures. We at this point had signed Liam Craig and OTJ and resigned McGivern and were still scrabbling around dithering over offers (I think the term the club use for this is "working hard behind the scenes").

I don't see why we shouldn't be the ones this year with our manager getting a photo with 6-8 new signings lined up in early July ready to go for the new season. I think Terry seems to be the sort of guy who won't hang about and will want the bulk of his players signed up early in pre-season. I have long thought our board slow up transfers and if Terry spends the summer giving it the "we're waiting on the right players to be available" and " we thought we were over the line with a couple but they fell through at the last minute" then I'll be suspicious again about our board's way of operating.

mmmmhibby
17-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Seems like we have four categories of player just now. Those in contract we want to keep, those in contract we wouldn't mind leaving and the same two for the out of contracts. Everyone's opinion about who should be in which of the first two lists will be different but here's a starter:-

In contract and keep - Hanlon, Stevenson, Forster, Stanton, Harris, Craig, Robertson and Cummings

In contract and move on - Nelson, McGivern, Tudur Jones, Collins, and Heffernan

Out of contract and consider keeping - Handling, Murdoch, Grant, Horrobine, Boateng and Watmore (make decision at end of season on last two names).

Out of contract and move on - Williams, McPake, Cairney, Taiwo, Caldwell, Maybury, Thomson, Zoubir and Haynes.

If we kept the majority of those in the keep lists and got rid of most of those in the move on lists, we'd need about 10 players or so. Sounds a lot but when you consider how much is going out the door in wages and the natural promotion of a couple of youth players to the first team squad, it is not that unachievable.

I remember photos last summer in the press of Dundee United, Aberdeen and ICT 's new signings and there being 6, 7 and 8 players in the pictures. We at this point had signed Liam Craig and OTJ and resigned McGivern and were still scrabbling around dithering over offers (I think the term the club use for this is "working hard behind the scenes").

I don't see why we shouldn't be the ones this year with our manager getting a photo with 6-8 new signings lined up in early July ready to go for the new season. I think Terry seems to be the sort of guy who won't hang about and will want the bulk of his players signed up early in pre-season. I have long thought our board slow up transfers and if Terry spends the summer giving it the "we're waiting on the right players to be available" and " we thought we were over the line with a couple but they fell through at the last minute" then I'll be suspicious again about our board's way of operating.

I would also add Craig and Stevenson to the In contract and move on list

hihohibby
17-03-2014, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Iain G;3934600]So that would leave us with...

Hanlon
Stevenson
Forster
Nelson
McGivern
Callum Booth?
Tudur Jones
Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris
Collins
Heffernan

Oh dear. That's a pretty depressing list. I'd only keep Stanton and Forster:rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-03-2014, 05:25 PM

Hanlon
Stevenson
Forster
Nelson
McGivern
Callum Booth?
Tudur Jones
Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris
Collins
Heffernan
Cummings

I'd keep:

Booth
Heff
Forster
Stanton
Harris
Robbo
Cummings
Hanlon
Craig - If played in his preffered attacking position.

Michael
17-03-2014, 05:41 PM

Hanlon
Stevenson
Forster
Nelson
McGivern
Callum Booth?
Tudur Jones
Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris
Collins
Heffernan
Cummings

I'd definitely look to keep long term:

Hanlon
Stevenson
Forster
Stanton
Harris

Worth holding onto until EOC:

Craig
Robertson
Collins
Cummings
McGivern...?

I think Collins and Craig could be good players. Harris hasn't quite hit the heights of last season, but he's got time yet to get back on form. I also think that Robertson has been our best CM this season. Finally, I'm not sure if McGivern is a good player out of form or just not very good.

seanshow
17-03-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm sick of this shower of wasters, subsequently my axe falls with great force.

I'd let these players stay on death row for another season, see if they can prove their worth.

Forster,

Stanton,

Harris,

Craig,

Robertson

(negotiate Watmore,Haynes)

and cancel contracts of everyone else..........yip time for a complete new back four, with Forster as a sub.

truehibernian
17-03-2014, 06:00 PM
I see a lot of people keeping Liam Craig - why ?

He's been utterly awful for the whole season, looks lazy and unfit, and offers little he promised. I want much much more from an experienced midfielder, sorry.

Hiber-nation
17-03-2014, 07:00 PM
End of next season

I thought Nelson only had a 1 year deal. Absolutely beyond belief he got offered that.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2014, 07:04 PM
I thought Nelson only had a 1 year deal. Absolutely beyond belief he got offered that.

Good old Pat, he was a nice man apparently.

Hiber-nation
17-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I see a lot of people keeping Liam Craig - why ?

He's been utterly awful for the whole season, looks lazy and unfit, and offers little he promised. I want much much more from an experienced midfielder, sorry.

Just had a look at his stats - the most he's scored in all competitions in a season was 10 for St Johnstone 3 years ago. He's on 9 with us and generally regarded as murder.

Maybe he thinks he's doing alright?

Billy Whizz
17-03-2014, 08:59 PM

I'm sure Jimmy Nicholl must have recommended him, similar to the Heff

Weir7
17-03-2014, 09:03 PM

Petrie decides what are the terms and conditions of players contracts.

weonlywon6-2
17-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Double post will not help. But a lot i hope, but cba looking it all up :bitchy:

its a mobile phone thing,dunno why it does it !!!