PDA

View Full Version : "Team" vs St Johnstone

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Probably no point in this thread because it is highly unlikely TB will play the team we post on here but still... This is a must win of we are to catch St Johnstone. If this wasn't a must win, I'd be playing a lot of the youngster for sure, atleast they will try.

4-4-2:

Williams

Black
Forster
Hanlon
Maybury (experience)

Todd/Harris
Thomson or Stevenson
Stanton
Watmore

Heffernan
Cummings or Handling

S4uzee
15-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Yawn

SaulGoodman
15-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Grant
Black
Baptie
Smith
Boateng
Gardiner
Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
Cummings
Todd

Northernhibee
15-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Grant
Black
Baptie
Smith
Boateng
Gardiner
Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
Cummings
Todd

Add Hanlon, Taiwo, Stevenson and Collins to that and I'd like to see it.

Borderhibbie76
15-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Collins?? U must be having a laugh...yet again contributed square root if zero today...my patience is gone with him now!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
15-03-2014, 06:05 PM

They've had their chances. Time to let some youngsters in.

GGTTH07
15-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Williams
Black Forster Hanlon McGivern/Baptie
Watmore Thomson Stanton Harris
Cummings Heff

GGTTH07
15-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Give Euan Smith a shot too.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 06:59 PM
A Goalkeeper

A Left Back
A Centre Back
A Centre Back
A Right Back

A Left Winger
A Defensive Midfielder
A Right Winger

A Play Maker

A Striker
A Striker

WestEndHibee
15-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Probably no point in this thread because it is highly unlikely TB will play the team we post on here but still... This is a must win of we are to catch St Johnstone. If this wasn't a must win, I'd be playing a lot of the youngster for sure, atleast they will try.

4-4-2:

Williams

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Cairney or Harris
Thomson or Stevenson
Stanton
Watmore

Heffernan
Cummins

Seriously, what is the point in this thread a whole week before the match day other than just to have a dig at Butcher's team? Yeh we know you don't agree with leaving Heffernan out. Its getting tiresome. Save it at least until most of us can conjure up some enthusiasm for next week.

SaulGoodman
15-03-2014, 07:09 PM
A Goalkeeper

A Left Back
A Centre Back
A Centre Back
A Right Back

A Left Winger
A Defensive Midfielder
A Right Winger

A Play Maker

A Striker
A Striker

Sorry those inputs for 'Hibernian FC' we're not recognised. Did you mean 'hoofballer' or 'past it'

:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Seriously, what is the point in this thread a whole week before the match day other than just to have a dig at Butcher's team? Yeh we know you don't agree with leaving Heffernan out. Its getting tiresome. Save it at least until most of us can conjure up some enthusiasm for next week.

If you dont like it dont read it then?

Pretty Boy
15-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Williams

Black
Forster
Hanlon
Baptie

Watmore
Stanton
Stevenson
Cairney

Cummings

Heffernan

PeterboroHibee
15-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Williams
Black Forster Hanlon McGivern
Thomson Stevenson
Harris Stanton Watmore
Cummings

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry those inputs for 'Hibernian FC' we're not recognised. Did you mean 'hoofballer' or 'past it'

Who needs "hoofballers" and "past its", when you have "Liam Craigs" and "James Collinses"? :boo hoo:

Up The Bracket
15-03-2014, 07:32 PM

4-4-2:

Williams

Black
Forster
Hanlon
Maybury (experience)

Todd/Harris
Thomson or Stevenson
Stanton
Watmore

Heffernan
Cummings or Handling

Deary me

Blaster
15-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Where do we start?

I had a look back at the team selection during December when we won a few games. It was the same back 5 and front 2 that started today. However only Cairney started in the midfield.

Craig, Robertson and Stevenson were the others during that run. Do we need to go back to that with Stanton in place of Robertson. Very harsh on Watmore but need to grind a few points

actually i have no idea what is for the best lol. Head is hurting thinking about it since the end of todays game!

SteveHFC
15-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Murdoch

?
?
?
?

Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
?

Heffernan
Cummings

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Deary me

Sorry Terry Butcher, I will leave you to pick the "team".

Up The Bracket
15-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Sorry Terry Butcher, I will leave you to pick the "team".

It's times like these that I realise, we could definitely have worse people in charge, Butcher out, Bob Marleys "Dug" in

Judas Iscariot
15-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Watmore
Tudor-Jones
Thomson
Stanton

Haynes
Heffernan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-03-2014, 09:07 PM
It's times like these that I realise, we could definitely have worse people in charge, Butcher out, Bob Marleys "Dug" in

Aye nae bother "Jorge Claros" :hilarious

AlbertK86
15-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Anybody in the know give us an update on when Scott Robertson will be fit

Humo
15-03-2014, 10:22 PM
GK- Williams

LB- McGivern
CB- Hanlon
CB- Forster
RB- Black

LW- Todd
CDM- Thomson
RW- Watmore
CAM- Stanton

ST-Heffernan
ST- Cummings/Handling

Defence is a bit shaky but don't want to throw too many youngster in there and with a decent midfield it shouldnt matter

Jonnyboy
15-03-2014, 10:24 PM
See if KT ever gets back into the team, he's got a helluva lot to live up to :greengrin

Golden Bear
15-03-2014, 10:28 PM
See if KT ever gets back into the team, he's got a helluva lot to live up to :greengrin

Nae chance of that though! He's as much chance as Heff being given a chance in the starting line up!

Jonnyboy
15-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Nae chance of that though! He's as much chance as Heff being given a chance in the starting line up!

Hibeesmad
15-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Murdoch

Maybury
Boateng
Hanlon
McGivern

Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
Stevenson

Heffernan
Cummings

Ronniekirk
15-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Williams
Thomson Stevenson
Harris Stanton Watmore
Cummings

On today's showing Cummings is still no where near looking like scoring first goal.Harris is being rested for good reason , he is lacking in confidence so don't see him coming back in after one game out .needs some games for under 20 s and some one to one with psychologist about getting inside his head so whatever it is that is inhibiting him going past players gets sorted ..Whatever work was done with back four when he came in seems to have evaporated ,they were pulled apart today once thistle got into game ,
he has made it clear Stanton and Watmore start ,Big Ben could be on Paternity leave .I don't think T B now knows what to do Lewis needs to be confident so dropping him won't help that . Putting a lot of untried youngsters in at same time to a struggling team is always a risk so I don't see him doing that despite what he said .But he needs to come up with something different as I will now give saints game a miss

Judas Iscariot
15-03-2014, 10:54 PM

He's easliy the best midfielder we have and arguably the best player...

Nae chance he'll get a game though :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 11:08 PM
He's easliy the best midfielder we have and arguably the best player...

I don't recall anybody saying this when he was getting a game. If anything, people were bemoaning his lack of urgency and unwillingness to drive forward.

I really don't think we'd be in a better place right now, even if he was getting a game. People would be complaining that Liam Craig wasn't getting a game, if Thomson was the one playing in his place.

Elephant Stone
15-03-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't recall anybody saying this when he was getting a game. If anything, people were bemoaning his lack of urgency and unwillingness to drive forward.

I really don't think we'd be in a better place right now, even if he was getting a game. People would be complaining that Liam Craig wasn't getting a game, if Thomson was the one playing in his place.

Any chance you could stop putting commas, in the middle of every sentence? It's a tad, confusing. Thank, you.

Up The Bracket
15-03-2014, 11:22 PM

:agree:

Thomson seems to have become a world beater as he isn't in the team, with the exception of a few games, he's been average at best this season.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Any chance you could stop putting commas, in the middle of every sentence? It's a tad, confusing. Thank, you.

No. Most people aren't confused by correct grammar.

Elephant Stone
15-03-2014, 11:25 PM

Thomson seems to have become a world beater as he isn't in the team, with the exception of a few games, he's been average at best this season.

I haven't rated him all that much since he came back but we're cutting off our nose to spite our face by not playing him. It wouldn't be a problem if we were doing well but losing so many games while having a proven player completely isolated is hard to take.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 11:27 PM

I'm not against him getting another game. But I think most people who are complaining all the time that he should be in the team, remember him as being better than he actually was.

Elephant Stone
15-03-2014, 11:29 PM
No. Most people aren't confused by correct grammar.

Your grammar's gash and so are your mundane, miserable posts. Change the record.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Your grammar's gash and so are your mundane, miserable posts. Change the record.

Not happy? Change the thread you're in.

aunty joyce
16-03-2014, 12:40 AM

But that would give us 15 players to their 11 - surely that's not a fair advantage lol ;-) ;-)

Hibercelona
16-03-2014, 03:46 AM
But that would give us 15 players to their 11 - surely that's not a fair advantage lol ;-) ;-)

True. We'd still be at a complete disadvantage.

GreenLake
16-03-2014, 04:01 AM
Anybody in the know give us an update on when Scott Robertson will be fit

Can't wait to see him back. I hope Liam "Trebuchet" Craig is not even a substitute next week and if they loaned him to hearts I would be happy. I would leave Collins off the bench too. Harris should come back as he needs matches and could get his game going again with a bit more confidence.

We bottomed with Fenlon and it seems we are going to languish in this negative state until Butcher can change this team in the summer. If we can sign one or two "decent" players, they will make all the difference as there are few who can be called that in the team right now.

Pray4Marc
16-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Can't understand the Cummings 'love in' looks well out of hi depth and should be sent on loan for experience to see if he can make the step up.

Saorsa
16-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Names out a hat.

bigwheel
16-03-2014, 09:31 AM
How about we mix it up (as much as possible) and see what they do....

Murdoch

Boateng Foster Hanlon McGivern

Harris, Stanton, Thomson, Whatmore

Craig

Heffernan

WestEndHibee
16-03-2014, 10:57 AM

:agree: It's good just for a bit of perspective.

.Sean.
16-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Williams

Black
Boateng
Forster
Stevenson

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Cairney

Cummings
Heffernan

Hanlon, McGivern, Nelson and Craig would be nowhere near my first 11.

truehibernian
16-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Williams

Black
Boateng
Forster
Stevenson

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Cairney

Cummings
Heffernan

Absolutely with you on Black starting Sean - I'd go Black, Forster, Hanlon and Baptie personally.

Middle, KT, Watmore, Sammy and Horribine.

Heff and Cummings/Handling up front.

In other words a football playing side, all able to spray the ball about.

The_Horde
16-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Williams

Maybury/youngster Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Watmore Taiwo Craig Stanton

Handling
Heffernan

Bearders
16-03-2014, 06:33 PM

been average at best this season.

Watching the utter dross being served up this year "average" would be very welcome.

Billy Whizz
16-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Can't understand the Cummings 'love in' looks well out of hi depth and should be sent on loan for experience to see if he can make the step up.

A bit unfair, profilic in the under 20's, in his 1st season as a professional. Maybe will go out on loan next season, but the boy has a bright future.

JimBHibees
18-03-2014, 05:59 AM
A bit unfair, profilic in the under 20's, in his 1st season as a professional. Maybe will go out on loan next season, but the boy has a bright future.

I think he has a big future. Looked good when he first got into the first team in terms of linking the play and general movement. At what is he, 18 or so he should only get better. Looks to have a good attitude about him also.

andrew70
18-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Williams
Watmore Horribine Thomson Craig
Stanton
Collins

Brightside
18-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Williams

Maybury Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Taiwo

Watmore Horribine

Stanton

Handling
Cummings

BVB Hibs
18-03-2014, 12:36 PM
------------------Williams------------------
Boateng---Forster---Hanlon---McGivern
----------Stanton-------Taiwo-------------
------Harris-------Craig-------Watmore--
--------------------Collins-----------------

Craig actually looked a good player for us when he was playing in an attacking role, easily his best position and if he plays as well as we know he's capable of doing we've a good chance to get something from St J. Dreadful in a holding role though, and I'm not sure he'd have the confidence to step back into the role. Alternatively I'd put Handling there, as he linked up quite well with Collins when it was tried earlier in the season.

Stanton has been our best player for the past few weeks, so I'd give him a chance in the holding role. Can't do much worse than anybody else in the side of late. Maybe a bit of a risk to move him out of a position he's played well in, but I'd like to see him have more influence on the game. In reality though, we're missing Robertson quite badly, the poor results have come since he's been out.

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Williams
Black, Forster, Hanlon, McGivern.
Watmore, Stevenson, Stanton, Craig
Heffernan, Haynes

truehibernian
18-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Wouldn't have Liam Craig anywhere near the squad - the lad's legs seem to have been injected with cement. I want a mobile, energetic midfield at the weekend - he doesn't give anywhere near that at present.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Wouldn't have Liam Craig anywhere near the squad - the lad's legs seem to have been injected with cement. I want a mobile, energetic midfield at the weekend - he doesn't give anywhere near that at present.

I want the Liam Craig St Johnstone. Our one is pish...

007 Mickey Weir
18-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Williams
Black, Forster, Hanlon, McGivern.
Watmore, Horribine Stanton, Zoubir
Heffernan, Cummings

Murdoch
Nelson
Stevenson
Euan Smith
Boateng
Craig
Haynes

erin go bragh
18-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Williams
Black, Forster,Hanlon ,Boateng
-------------Thomson
Watmore , Stanton ,Zoubir
-------Heffernan , Haynes

Ggtth

number9dream
19-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Black taken off after 75 mins in Under-20s win. Handling & Cummings also subbed, so that might indicate some involvement on Saturday unless the changes were injury related...

scoopyboy
21-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Williams

Black
Boateng
Forster
Stevenson

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Cairney

Cummings
Heffernan

Interesting you want Boateng in there, how many times you seen him now?:greengrin

You will get your wish regarding one of the players you don't want to see in the first eleven.

JimBHibees
21-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Interesting you want Boateng in there, how many times you seen him now?:greengrin

You will get your wish regarding one of the players you don't want to see in the first eleven.

Was at the u20s derby and Boateng showed a bit of an aversion for heading the ball so certainly wouldnt be playing him at centre half :greengrin Get Forster in with Hanlon and Black at right back.

silverhibee
21-03-2014, 10:32 AM

My money is on Craig, it certainly won't be Hanlon i am 100% confident about that, can't see it being Nelson even though his distribution is woeful for most of the time or could Lewis come in for McGivern tomorrow.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2014, 10:56 AM

I've seen him in every under 20 game he's played. Best performance was this week, he's now ready for a start in my opinion

SMAXXA
21-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Boateng and Thomson to start

scoopyboy
21-03-2014, 11:59 AM
I've seen him in every under 20 game he's played. Best performance was this week, he's now ready for a start in my opinion

He may well get one, don't know where he will play though.

Right back or centre half perhaps.

TRC
21-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Boateng and Thomson to start

Your info is usually spot on mate but is this fact or your opinion?

The_Horde
21-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Williams

Forster Nelson Hanlon Stevenson

Cairney Boateng Thomson Watmore

Handling
Heffernan

Pray4Marc
21-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Handling should be starting in front of Cummings, who IMO looks well out of his depth and I've never understood the love in.

truehibernian
21-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Handling should be starting in front of Cummings, who IMO looks well out of his depth and I've never understood the love in.

I get what you are saying, but I rate them both. Danny is more composed and technically able, but that comes with a little experience which Jason doesn't have. I think JC is rushing things a little and trying almost too hard to impress - he just needs to relax and when the goal comes, which it will, I think he will start scoring freely. Just needs a little patience. He brings energy and pace though.

I have been saying for months and months, I want to see Danny played up top. That for me is his best position. A striker.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2014, 12:24 PM
He may well get one, don't know where he will play though.

Right back or centre half perhaps.

I'd play him instead of Nelson. Thought Andy Black may have come in for a place tomorrow

Billy Whizz
21-03-2014, 12:25 PM
;3937690']Williams

Cairney Boateng Thomson Watmore

Handling
Heffernan

Is Stanton injured?

GreenLake
21-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Is Stanton injured?

What I was thinking

Pray4Marc
21-03-2014, 12:58 PM
I get what you are saying, but I rate them both. Danny is more composed and technically able, but that comes with a little experience which Jason doesn't have. I think JC is rushing things a little and trying almost too hard to impress - he just needs to relax and when the goal comes, which it will, I think he will start scoring freely. Just needs a little patience. He brings energy and pace though.

I have been saying for months and months, I want to see Danny played up top. That for me is his best position. A striker.

Handling has shown a lot of composure when given a chance recently, he looks physically stronger as well.

Cummings needs experience, but at this moment in time we can't rely on him for goals. Next season he should be sent out on loan to gain experience which will give him more of a chance of making the step up to our first team.

SMAXXA
21-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Your info is usually spot on mate but is this fact or your opinion?

No not my opinion mate this is what I'm hearing.

Golden Bear
21-03-2014, 01:04 PM
I was speaking to an ardent Saints fan this morning (yes, one who actually attends on a regular basis) and he's so disgusted over his team's recent performances that he's considering NOT going tomorrow! He thinks that Hibs will win tomorrow so I made absolutely no attempt to enlighten him further :wink:

It seems as though we're not the only fans who are currently disillusioned so tomorrow could be quite a game!

FromTheCapital
21-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Williams
Forster Boateng Hanlon McGivern
Watmore Taiwo Thomson Stanton
Heffernan Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paloschi
21-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Williams

Black
Boateng
Hanlon
Baptie

Thomson
Stanton

Watmore
Cairney
Haynes

Heffernan

Subs: Murdoch, Forster, Stevenson, Taiwo, Zoubir, Cummings, Handling.

S4uzee
21-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Williams

Taiwo Thomson

Watmore Stanton Cairney

Heffernan

The_Horde
21-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Is Stanton injured?

**** aye take out handling and put paddy in..

SMAXXA
21-03-2014, 02:35 PM
No start for any youth player tomorrow guys. Mixture of experience and guys that have played this season already, no new blood. Looks a decent team though imo

Hibercelona
21-03-2014, 02:41 PM
No start for any youth player tomorrow guys. Mixture of experience and guys that have played this season already, no new blood. Looks a decent team though imo

So Butcher was talking out his backside then?

Why make a statement of intent, with no intention of actually following through with it? :confused:

SMAXXA
21-03-2014, 02:44 PM

Why make a statement of intent, with no intention of actually following through with it? :confused:

It appears so mate unless he has a surprise up his sleeve in the fullback area but defo nowhere else.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Williams

Boetang
Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Zoubir
Thomson
Stanton
Stevenson

Heffernan
Haynes

Heisenberg
21-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Williams

Boateng
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Stevenson

Zoubir

Heffernan

scoopyboy
21-03-2014, 04:15 PM

So has the team been picked?

scoopyboy
21-03-2014, 04:16 PM

Injury or injuries perhaps?

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-03-2014, 04:26 PM
If Collins starts I'll be pretty disappointed.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Williams

Boateng
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Watmore
Stanton
Thomson
Stevenson

Zoubir

Heffernan

Watmore and Hanlon are injured.

Onceinawhile
21-03-2014, 05:28 PM

He said as much in the een. "Big game, experienced heads, loved my time at ict, I've got a dog you know".

think he is just desperate for the attention big statements make without having the guts to go through with them.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2014, 05:33 PM

Where did you hear/read that

Heisenberg
21-03-2014, 05:35 PM

That would be pretty rubbish if true.

cat1875
21-03-2014, 07:42 PM
don't know about everyone else but I'm getting sick of this ICT talk all the time it's like your bird going on about her ex boyfriend pisses me off he's manager of hibs now get over ICT and shut up about them

or just me ?

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2014, 08:56 PM

This comes from someone who's an expert at it.

john18722
21-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Yawn

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-03-2014, 09:24 PM

All talk and no action.

Jonnyboy
21-03-2014, 09:30 PM

Here's part of what TB said

"You say these things to try to stimulate players, to see what reaction you get"

And the words came out of his mouth :wink:

Cabbage East
21-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Decent boozer for the morn?

Jim44
21-03-2014, 09:53 PM
don't know about everyone else but I'm getting sick of this ICT talk all the time it's like your bird going on about her ex boyfriend pisses me off he's manager of hibs now get over ICT and shut up about them

or is it just me ?

It's definitely not just you. I've been saying the same here recently. All he goes on about is the quality of our opposition and his divided loyalty between ICT and us. I wish he'd put a sock in it and pretend that he is still slightly interested in our performance, poor as it is, over the remainder of the season

PatHead
21-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Couldn't care who plays as long as they give 100%, all win their own battles, play as a team with pride in our jersey and score at least 1 goal more than St J.

Perhaps if they did that on a regular basis we would win more games than we lose. Style can come with confidence from winning.

silverhibee
21-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Here's part of what TB said

"You say these things to try to stimulate players, to see what reaction you get"

And the words came out of his mouth :wink:

I understand what he is trying to do J but i would rather he kept that kind of talk for in the changing room (the playing kids talk from last week) and not make it public if he isn't going to follow through with his threats, for the last few games he has been saying some silly things to try and stimulate the players, "they will be walking home from Inverness" and they all got the bus back :grr: :greengrin, and yet the players just aren't getting stimulated for games and most are keeping there places in the team and once again they will get another reprieve tomorrow, the players will be starting to think to themself's that they are undropable no matter how bad they play.

It is a massive game for Hibs tomorrow and it is time the players got there f***ing acts together and put in a decent performance and get the 3 points we will need tomorrow, simply put it is a must win for us and i hope the players have had this drummed in to there heads, a draw is no good and a defeat like the draw will see us in the botton 6 for another season and TB will come under pressure from certain folk about not playing a team full of kids tomorrow. :wink: :greengrin

Jim44
21-03-2014, 10:55 PM
I understand what he is trying to do J but i would rather he kept that kind of talk for in the changing room (the playing kids talk from last week) and not make it public if he isn't going to follow through with his threats, for the last few games he has been saying some silly things to try and stimulate the players, "they will be walking home from Inverness" and they all got the bus back :grr: :greengrin, and yet the players just aren't getting stimulated for games and most are keeping there places in the team and once again they will get another reprieve tomorrow, the players will be starting to think to themself's that they are undropable no matter how bad they play.

Butcher's got the reputation as being a bit of a motivator and amateur psychologist but his problem is that he regularly overstates his case and openly describes what he is trying to do. Surely he has the sense to realise that if he explains his methods he is weakening the effect they have on the players. You don't hear magicians explaining how they do their illusions. He likes the sound of his own voice as far as I'm concerned and maybe some of the players are of the same opinion.

truehibernian
21-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Butcher's got the reputation as being a bit of a motivator and amateur psychologist but his problem is that he regularly overstates his case and openly describes what he is trying to do. Surely he has the sense to realise that if he explains his methods he is weakening the effect they have on the players. You don't hear magicians explaining how they do their illusions. He likes the sound of his own voice as far as I'm concerned and maybe some of the players are of the same opinion.

I'd say he wears his heart on his sleeve, as he did as a player - very emotive after a game and says things out of a mixture of emotion, anger and frustration. Watch some post game interviews with Fergie and you'll see exactly the same.

Terry is a winner, it's all he's known and how he has been brought up - which compounds things when he sees players not performing.

I like that - yes, there will be times you (fans) need to cast aside his wee 'leave them at Inverness' claims........but behind the scenes he is exactly what the team needs in my opinion. The angst from certain players is only angst because they are being required to work hard - as we all do in life - so tough luck :agree:

Ronniekirk
22-03-2014, 08:09 AM

There are elements of your post that ring true.But on the other hand you would need to be a bit of a Magician to turn this club around at present and don't think he had any illusions about the job he was taking on .:rolleyes: