View Full Version : Why don't we just sack Butcher and not actually appoint anyone to replace him?

15-03-2014, 06:12 PM
It's clear that this is the way forward, because apparently the manager - whoever he is at the time - is solely to blame for the last seven years of abject failure if some on this board are to be believed.

15-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Can you turn this into a poll, with two choices: Manager or No Manager.

15-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Managers out, Hibs.net in.

green.and.white
15-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Do a vote on here every Friday night to pick the team, sorted

15-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Sell East Mains for housing too. Things have gone downhill ever since it opened. Use the cash to buy decent quality players and go back to training at hired facilities.

15-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Sell East Mains for housing too. Things have gone downhill ever since it opened. Use the cash to buy decent quality players and go back to training at hired facilities.

10/10 we've not improved since Dec 2007, east mains holiday camp is to comfy for our players. Back to basic facilities is required

15-03-2014, 07:13 PM
It's clear that this is the way forward, because apparently the manager - whoever he is at the time - is solely to blame for the last seven years of abject failure if some on this board are to be believed.

The X Box football managers on here think the best plan is to replace the whole team every year.

Oh yes and when that inevitably fails bin the manager.

Keep doing that every year and it's inevitable that we will one day be victorious.

15-03-2014, 07:14 PM

post of the year so far,not sure they could fit us all in the dug out though.

i somehow think we would all end up with liver problems through after match drinks

15-03-2014, 07:20 PM
10/10 we've not improved since Dec 2007, east mains holiday camp is to comfy for our players. Back to basic facilities is requiredAye, lets ferry the players about in mini buses tae train on dug/human pish & **** covered parks ..parks that are lop sided, waterlogged rutted & at best not fit for purpose ..& you love yer club aye !!! :bitchy:

15-03-2014, 07:23 PM
However ..at East Mains ..& the proximity to our lovely golden sands ..they could..should contsruct a "murder hill" ...:agree:

15-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Simples wee are missing kt get him playing in when he plays hibs play love to see him playing beside stanton with taiwo doing shutting down cleaning up sort of role

15-03-2014, 07:28 PM
i somehow think we would all end up with liver problems through after match drinks

It's just a question of which will fail first. Our liver from the drink or our eyes from watching our team selection play. :greengrin

15-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Aye, lets ferry the players about in mini buses tae train on dug/human pish & **** covered parks ..parks that are lop sided, waterlogged rutted & at best not fit for purpose ..& you love yer club aye !!! :bitchy:

Ironically, we had less **** players, while they were training in ****. :cb

15-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Aye, lets ferry the players about in mini buses tae train on dug/human pish & **** covered parks ..parks that are lop sided, waterlogged rutted & at best not fit for purpose ..& you love yer club aye !!! :bitchy:

This current group don't deserve the nice facilities, ICT are an example of a team that train on public parks, seems to work ok for them in top six and have a cup final to play tomorrow

15-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Ironically, we had less **** players, while they were training in ****. :cbOh aye we did ..believe me ..

15-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Simples wee are missing kt get him playing in when he plays hibs play

Apart from those games he played in where we got beat.. Those don't count :wink:

15-03-2014, 07:48 PM
This current group don't deserve the nice facilities, ICT are an example of a team that train on public parks, seems to work ok for them in top six and have a cup final to play tomorrowWe have been in cup finals since we moved to East Mains ..I don't understand this do away with the training centre pish ..absolute ****ing bollox ..teams the length & breadth of the UK have up to date training facilities ..some top teams have them ..some average teams have them & some **** teams have them ..its a base where players meet & train ..get a bit physio, a scran, perhaps an indoor kickabout pitch to train on when weather is pish, it keeps every team from youths to professional under the same area ..wtf do you want from it ?

15-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Oh aye we did ..believe me ..

Probably not quite as bad as this IMO. Considering how weak the league is now, compared to back then.

15-03-2014, 07:50 PM
We have been in cup finals since we moved to East Mains ..I don't understand this do away with the training centre pish ..absolute ****ing bollox ..teams the length & breadth of the UK have up to date training facilities ..some top teams have them ..some average teams have them & some **** teams have them ..its a base where players meet & train ..get a bit physio, a scran, perhaps an indoor kickabout pitch to train on when weather is pish, it keeps every team from youths to professional under the same area ..wtf do you want from it ?

Perhaps our own training facilities aren't as "up to date" as we like to believe?

Either that, or it's not being used as it should.

15-03-2014, 07:52 PM
post of the year so far,not sure they could fit us all in the dug out though.

The match day thread would suffice as a virtual dug out.

WestEndHibee
15-03-2014, 08:06 PM

This made me laugh a lot :greengrin:thumbsup:

15-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Probably not quite as bad as this IMO. Considering how weak the league is now, compared to back then.

Perhaps our own training facilities aren't as "up to date" as we like to believe?

Either that, or it's not being used as it should.Football was different back then though ..it was about football, players then wanted to play football, they weren't commercial commodities, there was far less media. A large patch of grass, a few cones or bibs & that was yer lot ..a few players had beer bellies & had to do a bit more on the slopes of the "Wisp" side of the Jack Kane centre tae burn a bit of ...they weren't super toned up the toon flash yer cocks, piss artist, big headed football players like we see nowadays..

16-03-2014, 06:36 AM
From the looks of his Twitter Ross Caldwell seems to know what he is talking about. He is a superstar at Alloa right now, why not player manager for us? Butcher out, Caldwell in:cb

16-03-2014, 07:15 AM

Either that, or it's not being used as it should.

Aye, you can train a dug to sniff for explosive but no a cat.

Hibs have got cats.

16-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Aye, you can train a dug to sniff for explosive but no a cat.

Hibs have got cats.This place is no right.

16-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Butcher out ,baker in

16-03-2014, 08:49 AM
No one is suggesting Hibs exchange E Mains for training on **** pitches (or was it pish, I can't remember?). Time was Hibs used to hire the lush grasses of Edin Acad at Newfield. The players were able to acquire valuable social skills too through mixing with their betters. We could have 11 Alex Harrises given time!

16-03-2014, 09:08 AM

That's a wonderful idea.

16-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Football was different back then though ..it was about football, players then wanted to play football, they weren't commercial commodities, there was far less media. A large patch of grass, a few cones or bibs & that was yer lot ..a few players had beer bellies & had to do a bit more on the slopes of the "Wisp" side of the Jack Kane centre tae burn a bit of ...they weren't super toned up the toon flash yer cocks, piss artist, big headed football players like we see nowadays..

You're probably right about not being super toned, but there were still loads like that.

Peter Marinello and Peter Cormack for example.

At least that's how I perceived them.

16-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Talk of getting rid of Butcher is embarrassing to be quite perfectly honest.

16-03-2014, 10:54 PM
I agree, appoint nobody and then offer Calderwood the role of assistant nobody.

17-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Butcher out ,baker in

Butcher out waxy in.

17-03-2014, 10:21 AM
10/10 we've not improved since Dec 2007, east mains holiday camp is to comfy for our players. Back to basic facilities is required

The sad thing is you actually believe this. A perfect, perfect example of someone not understanding the difference between correlation and causation.

17-03-2014, 01:04 PM
The sad thing is you actually believe this. A perfect, perfect example of someone not understanding the difference between correlation and causation.

What makes you so certain that East Mains doesn't have anything to do with our freefall whatsoever?

Since that place has been there, players have looked completely incapable of playing any kind of football. I've seen school bairns pass the ball around better than we have over the past several years and thats not an exaggeration.

But lets keep kidding ourselves that East Mains can't have anything to do with this whatsoever.

JustSimplyHibs
17-03-2014, 06:50 PM
What makes you so certain that East Mains doesn't have anything to do with our freefall whatsoever?

Since that place has been there, players have looked completely incapable of playing any kind of football. I've seen school bairns pass the ball around better than we have over the past several years and thats not an exaggeration.

But lets keep kidding ourselves that East Mains can't have anything to do with this whatsoever.

Always though East Mains would take about five to seven years to start producing good young talent capable of making an impact in the 1st eleven - would make our current U20s and EoS team along with the promotion of teenagers into the first team the beginning of the East Mains purpose (given that some of these players have been in the youth set-up for nearly 4 - 6 years).

What has sadly let East Mains down is the handful of poor management choices by the board and the journeymen that came with these managers.

17-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Maybe once we sacrifice a leprechauns chicken under the east stand then we'll start winning matches.

17-03-2014, 07:29 PM

East Mains isn't a magical kingdom, it doesn't make players who can't pass a ball all of a sudden be able to pass a ball.

If a player can't pass a ball it doesn't matter whether he's at East Mains, Easter Road, Hampden, Wembley or wherever.

Moon unit
17-03-2014, 07:38 PM

i'm led to believe East Mains is full of wall to wall 'Lazy Boys'...!:wink:

17-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Tell me what part of having good facilities to play football on, good medical facilities, and a home base to work from is detrimental to producing a good team? Equally, tell me what part of shipping players around the Lothians to play games on public parks is likely to make players better?

17-03-2014, 07:57 PM
I find it hilarious that people post on here who genuinely, without a hint of irony, think they know better/could do a better job as Chief Exec/Owner/Manager/Goalkeeping coach or whatever role the current pilloried staff member of choice holds.

Hibs.net, where folk ken whit's gawn awn :aok:

The Gorf
17-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Maybe once we sacrifice a leprechauns chicken under the east stand then we'll start winning matches.
Get rid of the yam scarf that was buried by the jamboid female builder of the East stand. She's put a curse on ER I tell you. GGTTH and defo FTH?

shetlandhibee
18-03-2014, 12:29 AM
We have been in cup finals since we moved to East Mains ..I don't understand this do away with the training centre pish ..absolute ****ing bollox ..teams the length & breadth of the UK have up to date training facilities ..some top teams have them ..some average teams have them & some **** teams have them ..its a base where players meet & train ..get a bit physio, a scran, perhaps an indoor kickabout pitch to train on when weather is pish, it keeps every team from youths to professional under the same area ..wtf do you want from it ?
I agree what the f*** is the point in having "top of the art traing facilities" when you have a s*** team that cant play football

18-03-2014, 01:14 AM
I find it hilarious that people post on here who genuinely, without a hint of irony, think they know better/could do a better job as Chief Exec/Owner/Manager/Goalkeeping coach or whatever role the current pilloried staff member of choice holds.

Hibs.net, where folk ken whit's gawn awn :aok:

People posting their opinions on football on a football fans forum, what a shocker!