PDA

View Full Version : Knee jerk.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2014, 03:42 PM
When does fans criticizing another piss poor performance stop being a knee jerk reaction, to just a normal reaction? :confused:

matty_f
15-03-2014, 03:42 PM
It's more a knee jerk reaction when we're happy after a win these days.

God Petrie
15-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Ahh finally a philosophical discussion on Hibs.net

coldingham hibs
15-03-2014, 03:45 PM
When does fans criticizing another piss poor performance stop being a knee jerk reaction, to just a normal reaction? :confused:

Exactly, Knee Jerk is when the team do half decent then have a poor game and get slated not when they are continually P**h.

Hibs90
15-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Rarely bother coming on here after a game these days, far too many knee jerk reactions, far too many negative posts. Folk saying they are done with Butcher etc already need to take a look at themselves. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

Northernhibee
15-03-2014, 03:48 PM
It's a knee jerk when a successful manager like Butcher says it's an eighteen month job to turn us around and we're giving him grief after five.

Pete
15-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Rarely bother coming on here after a game these days, far too many knee jerk reactions, far too many negative posts. Folk saying they are done with Butcher etc already need to take a look at themselves. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

I agree.

Far too many people who aren't interested in going and tell everyone so mouthing off about what's wrong.

hibbymick
15-03-2014, 03:52 PM
It's a knee jerk when a successful manager like Butcher says it's an eighteen month job to turn us around and we're giving him grief after five.

Im guessing hes only got 18 months left on his mortgage.:cb

Northernhibee
15-03-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm really concerned that we'll fail under Butcher but it certainly won't be his fault. We'll get the "not coming back whilst Butcher is here" pish when it's going to take time for him to turn us around and it'll put pressure on the board to sack yet another manager. Negativity is very much infectious and something has to change.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-03-2014, 03:54 PM

Oh GTF, Tell me something positive about where we are going? Club is an absolute joke, shall I spell it out- in a league without Rangers & Hearts (effectively) and we are fighting relegation.

I don't want to support the same club as people like you who can't see this is outrageous.

Northernhibee
15-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Oh GTF, Tell me something positive about where we are going? Club is an absolute joke, shall I spell it out- in a league without Rangers & Hearts (effectively) and we are fighting relegation.

I don't want to support the same club as people like you who can't see this is outrageous.

:bye:

jeffers
15-03-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't think it was unrealistic to expect some improvement under TB and MM, but bar a brief spell we are every bit as pish under them as we were under PF. Apparently he can't do anything about it though as they are not his players.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 03:57 PM

But there's been nothing in those 5 months to suggest than anything will be better after 18 months. You'd expect to see some positives, but there really hasn't been any.

A manager worth his salt will make the best of a bad situation, I don't think Butchers doing that so far.

Northernhibee
15-03-2014, 03:58 PM
But there's been nothing in those 5 months to suggest than anything will be better after 18 months. You'd expect to see some positives, but there really hasn't been any.

A manager worth his salt will make the best of a bad situation, I don't think Butchers doing that so far.

We've seen at ICT that he takes his style of player and moulds them into his style of play - if our current set of players aren't capable of doing that then we'll struggle.

Hibs90
15-03-2014, 03:59 PM

Butcher has barely had 5 months in charge. 5 months.

Pretty Boy
15-03-2014, 04:00 PM

But are the people now saying Butcher needs time not the same ones who told those of us that criticised Fenlon that he was doing the dirty work to let the next manager have solid foundations? Now we need another 18 months to sort the mess. Sorry something doesn't add up there.

I like Butcher, I wanted him to get the job and I'm glad he did. But in the SPL or whatever it's called you don't get season upon season to build a team. Player turnover is high and you have to hit the ground running every season. The Aberdeen example is overused but McIness turned around a bit of a mess in one summer. I fail to see why Butcher, and his obvious managerial ability, can't do similar.

Hibs fans have been asked to be patient for too long now, we have been consistently poor for several seasons now. Almost everyone at the club from the owner to the players has a responsibilty to sort it quickly. The 8000 or so of us who still go every week must be the most patient fans in Britain.

Bobo
15-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Far from being knee jerk, seven years of piss poor football under a procession of dud managers has seen Hibs grossly underachieve.

The sad thing is that as a club Hibs have been pretty sub standard for the majority of my life so it's nothing new!!! Over 40 years watching them and apart from the odd season we've been a disgrace on the pitch!

Bostonhibby
15-03-2014, 04:02 PM

Been quite a while since I felt like jerking anything where Hibs are concerned, as one poster says its more likely to be a knee jerk if we somehow steal a win. The last 3 seasons in particular have just seen me expecting bad results in the league and being moderately surprised when we manage to blag a draw against Partick at ER or indeed pick up anything at home.

I am heading towards indifference when it comes to travelling now, maybe the latest clear out will do it when it happens but my sights are turned towards next season now.

Bostonhibby
Far from being knee jerk, seven years of piss poor football under a procession of dud managers has seen Hibs grossly underachieve.

The sad thing is that as a club Hibs have been pretty sub standard for the majority of my life so it's nothing new!!! Over 40 years watching them and apart from the odd season we've been a disgrace on the pitch!

:agree:

Nakedmanoncrack
I'm not aware of anyone calling for his head, but to expect anything other than negativity reeks of accepting less than mediocrity.

Northernhibee
15-03-2014, 04:03 PM
But are the people now saying Butcher needs time not the same ones who told those of us that criticised Fenlon that he was doing the dirty work to let the next manager have solid foundations? Now we need another 18 months to sort the mess. Sorry something doesn't add up there.

I like Butcher, I wanted him to get the job and I'm glad he did. But in the SPL or whatever it's called you don't get season upon season to build a team. Player turnover is high and you have to hit the ground running every season. The Aberdeen example is overused but McIness turned around a bit of a mess in one summer. I fail to see why Butcher, and his obvious managerial ability, can't do similar.

Hibs fans have been asked to be patient for too long now, we have been consistently poor for several seasons now. Almost everyone at the club from the owner to the players has a responsibilty to sort it quickly. The 8000 or so of us who still go every week must be the most patient fans in Britain.

ICT showed patience and he repaid it with their highest ever league finishes.

It's not TB's fault in regards to what happened before him, clean slate required entirely but some of the comments on here regarding him are embarrasing.

J-C
He plays an attacking midfielder as a holding one, then because of a wee bust up refuses to play the only decent midfielder with talent and wastes him in the U20's.
Tries to play a 4-4-3 system when we don't have the players to do so, 4-2-3-1 is what we should be playing, but no lets go 4-4-2 and get overrun in the middle of the park until we're getting beat then change it to a 4-5-1 :confused::confused:

Hibercelona
We've seen at ICT that he takes his style of player and moulds them into his style of play - if our current set of players aren't capable of doing that then we'll struggle.

I understand that. But I don't believe the players we have are nearly as poor as they're performing.

Players like Haynes, Heffernan, Cairney and Craig were highly regarded before they came here. Now they struggle to have any kind of impact at all. Why can't butcher get them playing to the level that we know they're capable of performing to?

Even if he can't get them playing to his own style, surely he should be able to assess their own styles of play and get them playing those styles to the best of their ability?

SouthamptonHibs
15-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Petrie must go! Great stadium, great training ground, **** team! We are a football team, Hibs need to get themselves in debt to get some decent players in for next year. Good team will increase revenue at club. If we stay like this we will loose money each year as fans won't pay to watch that.

OsloHibs
15-03-2014, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;3932800]But are the people now saying Butcher needs time not the same ones who told those of us that criticised Fenlon that he was doing the dirty work to let the next manager have solid foundations?

Completely agree. Before it was the manager, now it's the players. Hmm.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2014, 04:07 PM
He plays an attacking midfielder as a holding one, then because of a wee bust up refuses to play the only decent midfielder with talent and wastes him in the U20's.
Tries to play a 4-4-3 system when we don't have the players to do so, 4-2-3-1 is what we should be playing, but no lets go 4-4-2 and get overrun in the middle of the park until we're getting beat then change it to a 4-5-1 :confused::confused:

We might have got a draw if nobody noticed him playing that system. :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
15-03-2014, 04:09 PM

Without poring over thousands of posts to prove it I suspect they are the same people who defended Fenlon. People so conditioned to chronic failure that they don't recognise it.

Tyler Durden
15-03-2014, 04:12 PM

This fascination you have with formations is really quite boring. Can only assume you are a fan of Championship Manager or some other computer game where this stuff matters.

We've been thru various formations and the one constant is that we're pish.

Onion
15-03-2014, 04:12 PM
I understand that. But I don't believe the players we have are nearly as poor as they're performing.

Players like Haynes, Heffernan, Cairney and Craig were highly regarded before they came here. Now they struggle to have any kind of impact at all. Why can't butcher get them playing to the level that we know they're capable of performing to?

Even if he can't get them playing to his own style, surely he should be able to assess their own styles of play and get them playing those styles to the best of their ability?

:agree: There's something deep-rooted and badly wrong at the club and TB hasn't managed to address it in his few months in charge. It will some time to flush this out.

With all the chopping and changing, dropping key players and veiled threats of clear outs in the summer after the Raith, DUFC games, TB has made the run in much tougher for himself than he needed it to be. Not saying he was wrong to turn on the players, but it's not had the positive effect he probably expected. That's just Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Without poring over thousands of posts to prove it I suspect they are the same people who defended Fenlon. People so conditioned to chronic failure that they don't recognise it.

I defended Fenlon until the Malmo game, managers need to be given a certain amount of time to get things right. Only having 2 transfer windows a season is crap, but something we have to get on with these days.

AllyF
15-03-2014, 04:14 PM
At least we're consistent. Consistently pish.

Swedish hibee
15-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Terry was going on about how great a footballer Danny Haynes was and how much he rated him, and then doesn't play him?
There is something wrong at ER- and he as manager has to get it sorted.

Greenblood70
15-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Spot on. Butcher isn't making any progress, the team are honking to watch and look like conceding 3 goals a game to any team they come up against. People are rightly pointing this out IMO.

Hibs are a ****ing joke of a club from top to bottom currently, incapable of performing in the worst SPL in living memory. Truly pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andy1875
15-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Hibs fans aren't knee jerk in the slightest.

We've had a handful of good seasons in the last 25 years and as a club, win something roughly every 20 years.

We're glutten for punishment supporting Hibs, that's for sure!

jacomo
15-03-2014, 04:29 PM

Or recognise that we are in a repetitive pattern of failure and need to change something.

Fife-Hibee
15-03-2014, 04:31 PM

Agree

Captain Trips
15-03-2014, 04:51 PM
The knee jerking reactions are when we win not lose and has been for years.

Ronniekirk
15-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Petrie must go! Great stadium, great training ground, **** team! We are a football team, Hibs need to get themselves in debt to get some decent players in for next year. Good team will increase revenue at club. If we stay like this we will loose money each year as fans won't pay to watch that.

There were a few fans letting Petrie know today they wouldn't be renewing season tickets so frustration is growing .Thought we controlled game for about 30 minutes then they started caving out chances and in second half there pace and directness had us all over the place at times. Collins had some nice touches in that first 30 couldn't hit target with clear chance and then that was him back to normal .Hayes when he came on didn't look like he could do anything and the longer Cummings goes without a goal the more pressure will be on him . On today's evidence thistle could well now Haul them selves clear Am now looking at Ross County game hoping they get beat as Hibs have this nasty habit of going into free fall and now one win in eleven with defence exposed when up against pacey direct players , midfield getting played through by god movement and lots of crisp short passing something we don't seem able to do .Stanton s runs and dribbling are one weapon we have ,but can't all be left to him.

snooky
15-03-2014, 04:58 PM
:agree: There's something deep-rooted and badly wrong at the club and TB hasn't managed to address it in his few months in charge. It will some time to flush this out.

With all the chopping and changing, dropping key players and veiled threats of clear outs in the summer after the Raith, DUFC games, TB has made the run in much tougher for himself than he needed it to be. Not saying he was wrong to turn on the players, but it's not had the positive effect he probably expected. That's just Hibs.

We had a spell of three or four good results and this was when we had a settled team.
Injuries and suspensions as usual end the continuity however, we must have the most changeable team in the league.

Some are calling for a total clearout. Fair enough though, I'm sure we have a few players who's game would improve if they played with a bit of quality around them.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 05:00 PM
The knee jerking reactions are when we win not lose and has been for years.

Agreed.

Whenever we scrape a win against a team that we should be looking to beat fairly regularly, we treat it as if we're suddenly on the up and up, even if it's blatantly obvious that nothing has actually changed.

A prime example of this is when we beat Killie 2-1 away last year. I was shot down in flames for daring to say that our performance wasn't that good and that nothing will have changed.

I wish i'd have been wrong, but I knew that I wasn't.

macca70
15-03-2014, 05:01 PM

So you would expect to see slow progression or at least steady the ship, we are seeing regression.

Doesn't seem to matter who the manager is, we're just pure pish

Keith_M
15-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Due to financial realities, Hibs can't afford the perfect manager. All we can really hope for is one of the better managers from the poor-to-average price range. That's what we have in TB, so I'm perfectly happy to give him the time it takes to make the necessary improvements...but also happy to admit that he makes mistakes.

This season is yet another busted flush, where (IMHO) we're going to finish just above the play-off place. I'm as piss*d off as anyone else about this feeling of deja-vu but I can't wait for this season to be over and TB and his team to start re-building our squad in the summer.

Roll on next season.

Heisenberg
15-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Anyone who thinks we are out of the playoff fight will be sadly mistaken. This bunch are as bad as anyone else in the league.

eggbamyasi
15-03-2014, 05:24 PM
I agree with keekaboo.
Bring on next season . Fresh start for new managment team . This season was always going to be **** . From the bad start to the terrible way fenlon had us playing , then the full backroom change in november . Next season we just need to all get behind team that butcher gets together and hope we have a great season . to me knee jerk reaction is people saying , this club is a ****ing joke from top to bottom . We are a total disgrace the clubs rotten to the core etc etc etc . Imo that is so extreme that its slightly mental sounds like a supporter from another club berating a club they hate . But each to there own .totally think the players atm deserve criticism and lots of it but some of the comments are shocking its your team your talking about ! For me its next season im looking forward to and always knew after first couple of months this season would be a tough one and we would struggle . GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The Voice Of Reason
15-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Anyone who thinks we are out of the playoff fight will be sadly mistaken. This bunch are as bad as anyone else in the league.

Spot on.

I just re-posted on a thread (started by Mikey) that just highlights how arrogant some posters on here are. They seem to think we are too good to be in a play off spot and/or it is beneath us to be in such a position. :rolleyes:

heretoday
15-03-2014, 05:34 PM
We're **** and we know we are!

MSK
15-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Spot on.

I just re-posted on a thread (started by Mikey) that just highlights how arrogant some posters on here are. They seem to think we are too good to be in a play off spot and/or it is beneath us to be in such a position. :rolleyes:Lord Mikey to you ..at least get it right eh "" :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
15-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Lord Mikey to you ..at least get it right eh "" :rolleyes:

True !!!!

We'd better watch out, he might ban us......

SteveHFC
15-03-2014, 06:03 PM

:faf::faf:

Northernhibee
15-03-2014, 06:06 PM
True !!!!

We'd better watch out, he might ban us......

We can only hope.

Under the people who run this site .net pumps thousands into our youth development, show some respect.

The Voice Of Reason
15-03-2014, 06:09 PM
We can only hope.

Under the people who run this site .net pumps thousands into our youth development, show some respect.

I don't have a "hilarious" smiley on my phone!

Nakedmanoncrack
15-03-2014, 06:27 PM
:faf::faf:

so presumably you don't find it outrageous?

Weir7
15-03-2014, 07:03 PM

Smash it long into corners and chasing it down. Thats his style

Weir7
15-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm really concerned that we'll fail under Butcher but it certainly won't be his fault. We'll get the "not coming back whilst Butcher is here" pish when it's going to take time for him to turn us around and it'll put pressure on the board to sack yet another manager. Negativity is very much infectious and something has to change.

If butcher fails whose fault will it be?

Weir7
15-03-2014, 07:09 PM

Spot on mate. Fans that accept this junk year after year are im my opinion damaging our club

Baldy Foghorn
15-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Spot on mate. Fans that accept this junk year after year are im my opinion damaging our club

Come on, it isn't the fans that are damaging our club, it is STF and RP......

Weir7
15-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Butcher has barely had 5 months in charge. 5 months.

He's mug. Mogga aftet one game with two weeks training under his belt improved blobby's team

flash
15-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Smash it long into corners and chasing it down. Thats his style

No it isn't. When ICT wiped the floor with us a few months back they played fast dynamic football.
Your tireless and tiresome vendetta against Butcher shouldn't be an excuse for posing blatant untruths.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2014, 07:14 PM

Expect a wee bit of flack BF, remember big Tam saved us from Mercer and without him we'd be dead. :yawn:

Weir7
15-03-2014, 07:14 PM

Agree mate re Farmer amd rod. But far too many fans accept the junk and rubbish served up

Heisenberg
15-03-2014, 07:17 PM
No it isn't. When ICT wiped the floor with us a few months back they played fast dynamic football.

Spot on. That took time to build. At least give the man a proper summer transfer window or two to make some real changes.

Baldy Foghorn
15-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Expect a wee bit of flack BF, remember big Tam saved us from Mercer and without him we'd be dead. :yawn:

STF saved us 20 years ago, but is watching us slowly die year on year......Absolutely woeful season after season, but hey ho, lovely ground and training complex.....

It is a bit like having shop space like Harvey Nichols, and filling it with stock from Poundland......

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2014, 07:27 PM
STF saved us 20 years ago, but is watching us slowly die year on year......Absolutely woeful season after season, but hey ho, lovely ground and training complex.....

It is a bit like having shop space like Harvey Nichols, and filling it with stock from Poundland......

You expect far too much matey, just be happy with what you are served and bow when asked.

Del Boy
15-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Of course Butcher needs time BUT surely the majority of hibs fans expected us to be doing a bit better than this!!?? Results and performances have been very disappointing.

SurferRosa
15-03-2014, 07:38 PM

So why continue to try and fit square pegs into round holes? If the system he favours doesn`t work with the players at his disposal, then he needs to find a style of playing that gets the most from them...and quick. We`re all laughing at Hearts. How amusing will it be if we go down with them? This shower of pish are never going to be world beaters, but it`s his job to at least try and find a strategy....he hasn`t done it. There seems to plan A only.....and not much else. Much the same as our previous managers over the last few years. And starting our best striker on the bench every week and continuing to play a midfielder who looks utterly confused with his role is not helping matters.... all in my opinion of course.

TornadoHibby
15-03-2014, 09:04 PM

Tim hat on here but what are the facts of TB's success as a football team manager so that everyone knows the facts behind the "success" statement?!

IberianHibernian
15-03-2014, 11:09 PM
No tin hat at all needed . It`s a very legitimate question . Judging managers`records is not easy since they obviously depend on results , performances , press relations , etc etc In case of Butcher , we have a manager who is well - known in England as an ex - international player and in Scotland as an ex - player of Rangers and as ex manager of ICT . Unlike many managers in Scotland he is therefore known by the press ( ask people in the street who managed Ross County or St Johnstone in recent seasons and not many people will know though they both outperformed ICT last year on similar budgets ) . While we were drawing or getting odd defeat under TB , headlines were about what a task he had to do since all faults were down to his predecessors / players / etc etc but now bad results have become the norm ( and by bad , we mean worse than with with other managers ) and it is time for TB to show that he is in fact a successful manager . Maybe not an easy task since two of his four predecessors had Hibs at the top of the league at Christmas .

sven nil
16-03-2014, 05:27 AM

What a coincidence then meeko you rarely bother come on after games due to nee jerk reactions ,Then hey presto here you are and there's a thread bout just that"freaky or what" Or could it be your be your telling porkies and your on all the time.

Now six or seven low quality footballing years is hardly knee jerk now is it.?

leggeto
16-03-2014, 08:23 AM

butcher will be judged when he gets his own team in,I was never expecting us to get to top six and not as bad as Ross county to go down,after the split every game will be like a final for every team not just us

Alfred E Newman
16-03-2014, 08:52 AM

Is Collins not the most expensive signing outside Celtic ?
Money has been spent at Harvey Nichols prices and the goods have been found to be counterfeit .

Northernhibee
16-03-2014, 10:10 AM
What a coincidence then meeko you rarely bother come on after games due to nee jerk reactions ,Then hey presto here you are and there's a thread bout just that"freaky or what" Or could it be your be your telling porkies and your on all the time.

Now six or seven low quality footballing years is hardly knee jerk now is it.?

Six or seven low quality footballing years isn't Terry Butcher's fault.

TornadoHibby
16-03-2014, 12:20 PM

Of course not, but he must accept responsibility for the largely dismal performances since the short run of mainly wins and draws immediately after his arrival when he doubled training sessions and had a go at motivating people individually and collectively I understand! :agree:

More recently, he has dispensed with the motivational stuff it appears and post match speeches tend to assassinate players and advise anyone prepared and willing to listen that none of them will be here next season, whether true or not depending upon contractual positions of each player! :agree::agree:

Any manager knows the latter strategy is a recipe for disaster in any business where strong team work is essential and is not what most of us expected from someone who makes a living out of speaking about things like "Motivation in Sport" etc. :confused:

It's not going to get any better now IMO as we head to another bottom 6 finish and many fans are now pig sick of the performances week after week at a time when you should expect positivity from the club, team and performances as they seek more ST sales etc for NEXT SEASON, still some 10 games away from the end of the current season! :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2014, 12:28 PM
We can only hope.

Tee hee!

Kojock
16-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Terry was going on about how great a footballer Danny Haynes was and how much he rated him, and then doesn't play him?
There is something wrong at ER- and he as manager has to get it sorted.

Notts County bottom of League one and they let a striker go out on loan, says everything about Hanes ability as far as Im concerned.

Kojock
16-03-2014, 02:19 PM

In the past couple of months we have lost 3 goals to, Partick Thistle, Motherwell, Raith Rovers (who hadn't scored this year) and St Mirren and also 4 against Celtic. I would have expected Butcher to have sorted the defence out considering the position he played. You don't lose goals you don't lose games, simple.

Hermit Crab
16-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Changes will be made in the summer on the playing field which might sort us out, it might not but the biggest change that's needed won't happen and that's Petrie out. Along with farmer.

SanFranHibs
16-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Due to financial realities, Hibs can't afford the perfect manager. All we can really hope for is one of the better managers from the poor-to-average price range. That's what we have in TB, so I'm perfectly happy to give him the time it takes to make the necessary improvements...but also happy to admit that he makes mistakes.

This season is yet another busted flush, where (IMHO) we're going to finish just above the play-off place. I'm as piss*d off as anyone else about this feeling of deja-vu but I can't wait for this season to be over and TB and his team to start re-building our squad in the summer.

Roll on next season.

Trying to stay 'positive' and allow TB and his staff to bring in some of their players in the summer. We can't really count the three loan players in the last transfer window as TB had only been here a few weeks and even for teams with money it was a very quiet transfer window.

That said, we can't have a complete clearing of the decks. Even teams with greater financial clout don't do that. (Don't think we can expect some billionaire hoping to launder his money to come along in June). With our resources we must be realisitic which I think we all are.

However....I had hoped to see the team better organised. Look at how Partick have been playing. If they had a decent defence they would be well above us as they play some nice and well organised football. And I am not just talking about yesterday's game. There may be great differences in the quality and depths of squads in the SPL but I am confident that we are the most disorganised team in that league. We play less 'football' than any other team in the league. I really think Hearts play 'better' as a team even though their squad is severely lacking. I have not seen all their games but they don't just panic and punt the ball in the air and hope.

It is just so difficult to comprehend why we can't seem to progress. Nothing has really changed since Fenlon left. We play one good half every few games and the rest is dreadful.

I can hardly think of us getting drawn into the playoff battle. Imagine if somehow we went down with them. Catastrophic. I keep telling myself we will be ok, but then I ask myself who we can beat with this team, possessing such a low level of confidence and displaying a complete lack of composure.

But amidst all the doom and gloom I am still 'hopeful' that TB and his staff can make a difference. Thus far, no evidence to back it up, but I am willing to see how the team shapes up next season.

There must be more to Hibs than one small cup win every decade or so. There must be more to our season than hoping Hearts go bust !!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2014, 03:40 PM

Its hard to construe it as a knee jerk G, we've been subjected to 6 or 7 years of this pish.

matty_f
16-03-2014, 03:56 PM
If butcher fails whose fault will it be?

There's a guy two doors down from me. I'll blame him, he's a right c***.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-03-2014, 04:00 PM
I think we will be a force next season and will sign a lot of new good players and get rid of the pish ones.

Famous Fiver
16-03-2014, 04:05 PM
We miss Griffiths. That's the only real difference between last season and this. Powder puff.
End of.

stevejordan
16-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Terry needs time and a transfer window to sort this out we are 8 points clear of 2nd bottom with 9 games left the only concern is we have only taken 7 points from last 10 games in the league if we mantain this form it would mean teams below us need 16 points from last 10 games which i do not think they will do.

cabbageandribs1875
16-03-2014, 06:45 PM
He's mug. Mogga aftet one game with two weeks training under his belt improved blobby's team

i disagree, as already stated when ICT beat us at ER they absolutely blew us away right from the start of that game and could/should have been at the very least 3 or 4 up(instead of just the two) within the first 20 mins with great movement off the ball by all their players, their passing was quality and players were making/finding space all over the park

Del Boy
16-03-2014, 06:52 PM
In the past couple of months we have lost 3 goals to, Partick Thistle, Motherwell, Raith Rovers (who hadn't scored this year) and St Mirren and also 4 against Celtic. I would have expected Butcher to have sorted the defence out considering the position he played. You don't lose goals you don't lose games, simple.

Also lost 3 to United couple weeks ago!

SanFranHibs
16-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish

We don't score goals...we don't win games !

:wink:

The Falcon
16-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Notts County bottom of League one and they let a striker go out on loan, says everything about Hanes ability as far as Im concerned.

Oldham were only just in front of them when they let Rooney go.

TornadoHibby
16-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I think we will be a force next season and will sign a lot of new good players and get rid of the pish ones.

And your evidence and justification for that statement is........? :confused:

J-C
16-03-2014, 09:43 PM

The copious amount of alcohol drank before making his assumption.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-03-2014, 09:45 PM

Because Butcher and MM will get it right. Ask me that again, this time next year.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-03-2014, 09:46 PM

Nah, just trying to bring a little positivity to a mostly negative thread.

stevejordan
16-03-2014, 09:47 PM

we can hope but then think of Petrie

J-C
16-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Nah, just trying to bring a little positivity to a mostly negative thread.

All Hibs threads are negative these days, just can't really be arsed with that lot right now, another year, another huge disappointment, another manager and another huge player turnover = more transition. :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-03-2014, 09:52 PM
All Hibs threads are negative these days, just can't really be arsed with that lot right now, another year, another huge disappointment, another manager and another huge player turnover = more transition. :confused:

Give this one a chance trust me. From what I hear, we'll be laughing about this season next year and be playing like the good old hibs/how we shlould be and expect to be playing.

Ronniekirk
16-03-2014, 10:05 PM
We don't score goals...we don't win games !

:wink:
Yep problems at front end and rear end with no cure in sight ,roll on next season Can see myself maybe only going to another one or two games this season unless he bloods some young players .