PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Utd: SFA refuse request to move potential Rangers tie

Humo
15-03-2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26593123

Thats a ****ing joke

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Only in Scottish football. :rolleyes:

DTS
15-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Why are they only getting 13,100 that leaves say 30,000 for the former rangers surely that's another advantage they would get! Sfa and there glasgow bias as per usual

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 01:17 PM
The SFA are breaking their own rules here and giving one team a major advantage in doing so.

Every other club should be fighting against this. It could be us next! :rolleyes:

DarlingtonHibee
15-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Why are they only getting 13,100 that leaves say 30,000 for the former rangers surely that's another advantage they would get! Sfa and there glasgow bias as per usual

Quite frankly that is a joke, should be 50/50 (there will be the usual ridiculous amount set aside for SFA blazers, sponsors, partners etc.......

They have still got to win the replay first !!

cabbageandribs1875
15-03-2014, 01:21 PM
the GFA is corrupt...FACT

Nando™
15-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Absolute pish, anything to help the bigoted.

And if it must be staged at Ibrox, why are they getting a pitiful amount like that? Dundee United sold over 20,000 for their final in 2010.

Corrupt as f***.

DTS
15-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Quite frankly that is a joke, should be 50/50 (there will be the usual ridiculous amount set aside for SFA blazers, sponsors, partners etc.......

They have still got to win the replay first !!

Come on the mighty Albion! But yeah the Sfa sponsors etc would take what 10k max which would still leave them 25k nearly double united's tickets!

DISGRACE

VivaHiberņa
15-03-2014, 01:25 PM
The SFA are breaking their own rules here and giving one team a major advantage in doing so.

Every other club should be fighting against this. It could be us next! :rolleyes:

Exactly, can't let the GFA play divide and rule on this one. Good on their chairman for saying he'll snub the directors' box though. :agree:

GreenLake
15-03-2014, 01:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26593123

Thats a ****ing joke

Bewildering stupidity. This is an injustice which only the old firm would ever get in their favor. There isn't much the beaks have got right in the game over the years, but playing a semi-final at a neutral venue is such a no brainer one might expect them to get it. They said nobody complained at the time the decision was made. Don't these clowns read hibs.net?!!!???

I hope Dundee United stuff them and that THE rangers enter admin in the same week.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 01:45 PM
I hope Dundee United stuff them and that THE rangers enter admin in the same week.

I don't. I hope they go straight to the chair, never to be revived ever again.

One can only dream.

Elephant Stone
15-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Unbelievable. In fact, it's the SFA, so it's entirely believable.

Gordy M
15-03-2014, 01:57 PM
In fairness to the sfa, they asked all the teams if there would be objections to this happening, at the start of the comp, and no team complained. D utd shudve complained then? I do agree about the ticketing tho.....be interesting to see if they need more than 13,000 when they play albion rovers at ibrox...???

Carheenlea
15-03-2014, 02:29 PM
In fairness to the sfa, they asked all the teams if there would be objections to this happening, at the start of the comp, and no team complained. D utd shudve complained then? I do agree about the ticketing tho.....be interesting to see if they need more than 13,000 when they play albion rovers at ibrox...???

All the clubs knew this at the start of the season, and despite the fans universally condemning so, the clubs did nothing. If the clubs got together back then they could have forced a change and demanded venues to be organised accordingly when semi final ties drawn, but no.

It`s a bit late for Stephen Thompson to be bumping his gums now, so no sympathy for them.

ekhibee
15-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I totally agree. All the teams had plenty of time to object as far as the venue for the semi-finals was concerned, but DU are quite right to complain about the ticket allocation if it is Rangers that they play in the semi. One other small point- all this 'GFA' stuff. I agree that the SFA do certainly seem to have an old firm bias at times, but as far as I know they have never given Partick Thistle,Queens Park or Clyde(when they were still playing at Shawfield) any preferential treatment. It's an OF bias not a Glasgow bias.

GreenCastle
15-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Why do they only get a maximum 13k tickets? That is a complete disgrace.

That is the real farce of this.

The venue was agreed in advance - it happens in Spain for Cup ties / finals.

I don't agree with it as it should be a neutral venue but it was decided a few months ago.

Usual Old Firm bias by the Scottish FA - nothing new sadly - time the other clubs outwith grew some and stood up to them more often.

Pete
15-03-2014, 02:36 PM
I totally agree. All the teams had plenty of time to object as far as the venue for the semi-finals was concerned, but DU are quite right to complain about the ticket allocation if it is Rangers that they play in the semi. One other small point- all this 'GFA' stuff. I agree that the SFA do certainly seem to have an old firm bias at times, but as far as I know they have never given Partick Thistle,Queens Park or Clyde(when they were still playing at Shawfield) any preferential treatment. It's an OF bias not a Glasgow bias.

If any team had made a complaint about semi or final venues before the tournament it would have been viewed as downright arrogance. They probably also had more important, immediate issues to deal with.

Its a piss poor excuse for more stuffines and downright bias. This game could be EASILY moved to a neutral venue thus maintaining the integrity of the competition. They don't care about integrity though, that much is clear.

GreenCastle
15-03-2014, 02:38 PM
They are desperate for a sell out sevco v Aberdeen final.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Wonder what the script would have been if it was Celtc that Rangers would have been playing rather than United?

Onion
15-03-2014, 02:40 PM
The Rangers are a lower league side that needs all the help they can get off (financially) and on the field, so what's the problem. DUFC need to man up.

Del Boy
15-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Disgrace but sadly no surprise. The SFA are desperate for Sevco to win the cup this year, be interesting to see which ref they choose for this one

Carheenlea
15-03-2014, 06:34 PM
If any team had made a complaint about semi or final venues before the tournament it would have been viewed as downright arrogance. They probably also had more important, immediate issues to deal with.

If all the clubs had listened to their fans when this was announced, they could all have got together and collectively made it clear that this was unacceptable and demanded neutral venues for whoever was lucky enough to find themselves in the semi finals of the Scottish Cup.

basehibby
15-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Incredible intransigence and lack of reason from the SFA. Any idiot can see the problem here - Rangers or any other team should NOT get to play a Semi or Final at their own ground - end of story. The assembled teams will of course have had no problem playing at any venue in principal, but if the SFA blazers have not built in contingency plans to cover Rangers or Celtic getting to the later stages of the cup competitions then they are not fit for purpose as it was an obvious possibility.
Their attempt to shrug off responsibility for this farce with their " no issues raised then at that early stage" excuse holds no water for me - they are organisers of this competition so it's their responsibility to ensure it is carried out in a fair and equitable fashion - which they are signally failing to do with this non-decision.

calmac12000
15-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Sadly it's simply to be expected. Not happy with a clearly fiddled goal last week, the SFA are pulling out all the stops to ensure the Huns win the Cup. Of course no coverage whatsoever from the laptop loyal. I can only imagine the fuss if it were the other way round. Grrr, I don't like Celtic, but I ******g hate Rangers!

PatHead
15-03-2014, 08:01 PM
If Sevco did win the cup I assume they could not play in Europe as they don't have 3 years accounts. Would love to hear them explain they are the same club then.

Michael
15-03-2014, 08:10 PM
What would happen if Queens Park reached the semi/final on a year Hampden was available?

Mr White
15-03-2014, 08:17 PM
What would happen if Queens Park reached the semi/final on a year Hampden was available?

They'd get pumped.

DH1875
15-03-2014, 08:21 PM
I've no problem with them having the game at Ibrox. Works well across the rest of europe where they dont have a national stadium. Should be a 50/50 split though. Total joke if they've only given Utd 13k tickets.

Iggy Pope
15-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Dundee Hibs must simply get on with it and stuff their Glasgow adversaries on their own patch. Similar to how their Edinburgh inspiration did in the final all those years ago.

:greengrin

Biggie
15-03-2014, 09:21 PM
They'd get pumped.

Very good :not worth

mca
15-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Well if your Not going to roll your - Trouser leg up !!...

SurferRosa
15-03-2014, 09:37 PM
If, as some of our hun friendly hacks are suggesting, ticket allocation for the Cup semi-final should be decided now on league attendances, then Ibrox is going to look pretty sparse if Albion Rovers qualify.........or will it be OK then for Utd to get more tickets as long as they`re not playing The Rangers?

Joe6-2
15-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Sadly it's simply to be expected. Not happy with a clearly fiddled goal last week, the SFA are pulling out all the stops to ensure the Huns win the Cup. Of course no coverage whatsoever from the laptop loyal. I can only imagine the fuss if it were the other way round. Grrr, I don't like Celtic, but I ******g hate Rangers!

This, we can only hope Albion do them, it's just staggering the bias shown constantly to both the old (new?) firm

Phil D. Rolls
15-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Shocking, absolutely shocking.

Bostonhibby
15-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Been trying to explain this one to an English fan who supports Charlton and landed on saying the erkies who run the competition see it as their first opportunity to say sorry to The Rangers for the grief they gave to their dead relatives. Its a big win win for the new old team and one in the eye for the rest of us. Lose (which they have been given the best chance of avoiding) and they make much needed cash, win and the same benefit exists and increases. Its what the establishment allow to help the establishment clubs whilst the rest look on. Scottish football at its enduring worst.

Come on the Arabs.

Bostonhibby
15-03-2014, 11:30 PM
If Sevco did win the cup I assume they could not play in Europe as they don't have 3 years accounts. Would love to hear them explain they are the same club then.

Yep, and what name would be engraved on the trophy? If its not The Rangers, scotlands newest team surely the taxman will be after them :-)

Mr White
16-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Come on the Albion.

Fixed.

Sylar
16-03-2014, 07:38 AM
They wouldn't have moved the final from Parkhead had Celtc gotten there, so I don't see why United feel this should have been moved.

They should CERTAINLY get a bigger ticket allocation though. 50/50 with absolutely no quibbles.

United could easily take 20-25k to Ibrox - national cup semi-final and against a team they hate with a fervour...

Biggie
16-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Pathetic decision by the sfa...but we've seen this for years.....however, Dundee utd are more than capable of going to Ibrox and pumping this 2nd division team, so this will (hopefully) spur them on.

oramhibee
16-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm pretty sure Dundee United are unbeaten against them. Beat them 3-0 at Tannadice in the cup last year.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure, the last time DU played at Ibrox, they won 2-0 in the Scottish Cup, although it was against the team that is no more.

Phil D. Rolls
16-03-2014, 08:56 AM
They wouldn't have moved the final from Parkhead had Celtc gotten there, so I don't see why United feel this should have been moved.

They should CERTAINLY get a bigger ticket allocation though. 50/50 with absolutely no quibbles.

United could easily take 20-25k to Ibrox - national cup semi-final and against a team they hate with a fervour...

You were doing so well. Dundee Utd. Would struggle to take that many to the final, even if it was in Dundee.

Bostonhibby
16-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Fixed.

Indeed but I have been supporting the arabs for the cup since we valiantly failed to overcome the mighty Raith!

silverhibee
16-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Wonder what the script would have been if it was Celtc that Rangers would have been playing rather than United?

I can answer that one, it would get moved to another ground, Murrayfield maybe.

Sylar
16-03-2014, 01:45 PM
[/B]

You were doing so well. Dundee Utd. Would struggle to take that many to the final, even if it was in Dundee.

What, like the 25k they took to Hampden in 2010 against Ross County?

The added potential of getting it up The Rangers, on their own patch, given the venomous relationship between them would add a few thousand, easy.

Framie
16-03-2014, 02:42 PM
What, like the 25k they took to Hampden in 2010 against Ross County?

The added potential of getting it up The Rangers, on their own patch, given the venomous relationship between them would add a few thousand, easy.

Semi finals always have lower crowds though in the two semis we most recently played against utd they had around 4k (PBS league cup) & (hampden in 2005) they would struggle to top 10k for this one

Sir David Gray
16-03-2014, 06:30 PM
I actually don't see Dundee Utd selling any more than around 13,000 for this tie but the SFA should work on the basis that they will be able to do so and they should both receive an even split of tickets.

I don't have any issue with the game being held at Ibrox, unless Albion Rovers win tomorrow night and they could then hold the game at Fir Park.

allezsauzee
16-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Better Ibrox than Easter Road. It's going to be an enviromental disaster having 17,000 or so of these animals in the area for the Ramsden's Cup Final. Hopefully Raith and Albion Rovers pump them.

Hibercelona
16-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Why can't they just use Celtic Park? :confused:

Sylar
16-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Why can't they just use Celtic Park? :confused:

Because the SFA said way back in September/October that Celtc Park would get the final and Ibrox would get the semi-finals.

Again, they wouldn't have moved the final from Parkhead if Celtc had gotten there.

GlenrothesHibee
17-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Its an absolute joke. No way will Albion Rovers sell 30k tickets for the semi.