PDA

View Full Version : Question For the referees out there

O'Rourke3
15-03-2014, 01:15 PM
2 things bug me about games this year. Throw ins. Is there such a thing as a foul throw now. Seen some howlers this year and never seen one called out and the other team given the throw. Yardage from throw ins. Stealing yards seems to go unpunished - however under yardage (further from the opposition goals) rightly gets the thumbs up.

The wee nudge. It's clear to the fans that centre halfs give forwards "a nudge" just as they take off an so prevent them from getting a clean head on the ball. Refs seem to see this and allow it.

So what are the actual rules and pow are training sessions dealing with it?:not worth

H18sry
15-03-2014, 01:20 PM
2 things bug me about games this year. Throw ins. Is there such a thing as a foul throw now. Seen some howlers this year and never seen one called out and the other team given the throw. Yardage from throw ins. Stealing yards seems to go unpunished - however under yardage (further from the opposition goals) rightly gets the thumbs up.

The wee nudge. It's clear to the fans that centre halfs give forwards "a nudge" just as they take off an so prevent them from getting a clean head on the ball. Refs seem to see this and allow it.

So what are the actual rules and pow are training sessions dealing with it?:not worth

http://www.epo.gr/media/files/KATASTATIKO_KANONISMOI/LAWS_OF_THE_GAME_2013_14_EN.pdf :wink:

StevieT
15-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Yes there is such a thing as a foul throw. When I referee kids games I usually let them away with one or two whilst letting them know what they have done wrong. I then warn them that if they get it wrong next time then it will be given to the opposition. I know that technically that's wrong but they need to learn.

Not quite so sure what you mean about a wee nudge but from a referees point of view it's not easy to see everything that goes on at corners and free kicks. There is so much motion and blocking off that it not easy to see close up. It's often a whole lot easier to see from the stands where you are further away and have a wider view.

My pet hates are players making no attempt to defend the ball at corners / free kicks but instead spend all of their time trying to prevent the attacker getting to the ball. And secondly, players making no attempt to play the ball whilst allowing it to go out for a goal kick.