PDA

View Full Version : This get ma blood boiling!!......

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 11:43 AM
I know, I shouldn't give a flying f£ck, but those Huns getting some coverage in the SPL page on BBC makes me angry.... :grr:

They are not in the premier league and shouldn't be given the platform to be with the big teams :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership

Ronniekirk
15-03-2014, 11:45 AM
I know, I shouldn't give a flying f£ck, but those Huns getting some coverage in the SPL page on BBC makes me angry.... :grr:

They are not in the premier league and shouldn't be given the platform to be with the big teams :rolleyes:

They will get higher profile now and corporate business will start positioning themselves for expected return to big time .

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 11:50 AM
They will get higher profile now and corporate business will start positioning themselves for expected return to big time .

Yeah, I agree. It's already started by all accounts. I've always wanted them gone more than HMFC, come the summer they will suffer more in-house fighting........

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Scottish League One champions Rangers take on Dunfermline ahead of three Premiership matches later this afternoon.

In other words. A mighty League 1 match is taking place at Ibrox, followed by 3 irrelevant Premiership matches.

Im sure if Celtic were playing today, they would have managed to squeeze their name in somewhere. :rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Scottish League One champions Rangers take on Dunfermline ahead of three Premiership matches later this afternoon.

In other words. A mighty League 1 match is taking place at Ibrox, followed by 3 irrelevant Premiership matches.

Im sure if Celtic were playing today, they would have managed to squeeze their name in somewhere. :rolleyes:

The beeb can't wait to start all this OF p!sh again...... The other day the front page had 3 stories on Celtic that could quite easily have been put into one, but naw, they have to give them max exposer and f£ck the rest.

To cap it all, they wonder why our game is dying a slow death..........

SteveHFC
15-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I agree. It's already started by all accounts. I've always wanted them gone more than HMFC, come the summer they will suffer more in-house fighting........

I would much rather see Hearts winning the First Division next season over Rangers anyday. ;)

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 11:59 AM
I would much rather see Hearts winning the First Division next season over Rangers anyday. ;)

Too far.......... :wink:

SteveHFC
15-03-2014, 12:02 PM

:-(

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2014, 12:03 PM

Like it or not, there will probably be more people at Ibrox than at the 3 SPFL games put together. Extend that to listeners and web-users, which is the BBC's priority, and you will understand why they are given such high billing.

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Like it or not, there will probably be more people at Ibrox than at the 3 SPFL games put together. Extend that to listeners and web-users, which is the BBC's priority, and you will understand why they are given such high billing.

That's no the point :na na:

Ronniekirk
15-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Way too far as they will be in lower tier after big L:rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2014, 12:11 PM
That's no the point :na na:

Ken. Whoever said rational argument should be part of Hibs.net? :greengrin

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Way too far as they will be in lower tier after big L:rolleyes:

I didn't want to be the one to mention the "L" word first. (letter)

Ken. Whoever said rational argument should be part of Hibs.net? :greengrin

:greengrin

In truth, it's all coming back way too fast for my liking....... But, lets just wait and see if they can make it back...... The fat lady ain't even got her ticket yet :wink:

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2014, 12:18 PM
I didn't want to be the one to mention the "L" word first. (letter)

:greengrin

In truth, it's all coming back way too fast for my liking....... But, lets just wait and see if they can make it back...... The fat lady ain't even got her ticket yet :wink:

The fat lady has her ticket. The problem is, there is a mortgage on it, payable in blood to VATscam Easdale.

PeeJay
15-03-2014, 12:22 PM

Get real, they have a huge fan base, of course it's news. You're blood should be boiling more because of the failure of so-called "big teams" like Hibs, in particular, to make anything of the absence of the Glasgow team from the top league: what have we achieved in the time they were missing? Zilch: we can't even get into the top 6, so whose fault is that, I wonder? The Scottish media's?

GreenCastle
15-03-2014, 12:23 PM
They are at ER in a few weeks for the mickey mouse cup final....:sick:

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/ramsdens-cup-final-tickets/

Sitting in the East, West and South stands..

Betty Boop
15-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Get real, they have a huge fan base, of course it's news. You're blood should be boiling more because of the failure of so-called "big teams" like Hibs, in particular, to make anything of the absence of the Glasgow team from the top league: what have we achieved in the time they were missing? Zilch: we can't even get into the top 6, so whose fault is that, I wonder? The Scottish media's?

:agree:

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 12:38 PM
They are at ER in a few weeks for the mickey mouse cup final....:sick:

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/ramsdens-cup-final-tickets/

Sitting in the East, West and South stands..

:agree:

Your missing my point. I'm not saying that they don't deserve plaudits for what they have achieved, they have done well in such a short space of time.

What I'm saying, and if you had read my OP you'd have grasped my point. They are NOT a premier league team, and should get their platform on the first division page.

Get Real :aok:

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 12:40 PM

Your missing my point. I'm not saying that they don't deserve plaudits for what they have achieved, they have done well in such a short space of time.

What I'm saying, and if you had read my OP you'd have grasped my point. They are NOT a premier league team, and should get their platform on the first division page.

Get Real :aok:

Made a mess of the paste :rolleyes:

marinello59
15-03-2014, 01:02 PM

Exactly. How dare the media respond to demand and give coverage to one of the joint best supported teams in the country.
Life ain't fair.

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 01:07 PM
You're saying that they get so much coverage because of their big fanbases.

Well more and more people choose to follow Celtic and Rangers, because it's the only 2 teams they ever hear about.

Perhaps if other clubs started getting more coverage, more people would take notice of them and perhaps even attend games of these other clubs?

Leithenhibby
15-03-2014, 01:17 PM

Well more and more people choose to follow Celtic and Rangers, because it's the only 2 teams they ever hear about.

Perhaps if other clubs started getting more coverage, more people would take notice of them and perhaps even attend games of these other clubs?

I rest my case, your honor............. :aok:

snooky
15-03-2014, 01:54 PM

If you think it's bad now, wait until The Rangers get back in the SPL (if). All the journos will be creaming themselves and the whole scene will be 10 times worse than the RFC era.
It won't be life as we know it, Jim

Glory Lurker
15-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I can't add anything more constructive to this thread than to say I absolutely detest them.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2014, 02:14 PM

By that logic, Bonnyrigg Rose should get more coverage than Real Madrid. :cb

marinello59
15-03-2014, 02:46 PM

Yet before saturation media coverage many people were still choosing to follow the teams most likely to win trophies. It just isn't fair. (Best said in a Kevin the teenager style.)

PeeJay
15-03-2014, 03:08 PM

Surely not true? - Most people (in Scotland) follow these two teams because they win things on a regular basis ... the coverage on the BBC or elsewhere comes with that, it's not he other way round - if other clubs (like ours) were winning things consistently they too would get a fairer share of the media coverage and maybe even fans around the country.
It's the same all over IMO - here in Germany, most Bayern München fans come from outside Munich (outside Bavaria even) ...

Pete
15-03-2014, 03:13 PM

I understand why these two clubs get so much attention but your right.

The game is knackered and maybe some positive media discrimination might help. There are only two shows worth bothering about according to them.

Deansy
15-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Agreed, they've got a big fan-base - the majority of it no-one in this country (including most of the high-ups at the BBC Scot sports team) would spit on if it was on fire. Their fan-base and club has brought absolutely nothing but shame to this country and the game via medieval-religious fanaticism and mass-fraud - perhaps if our 'media' blended their blanket-coverage of them with this FACT in mind, rather than portray them as 'an institution', decent people wouldn't get so hacked-off.

Greencore
15-03-2014, 05:47 PM

They have a bigger following. why wouldn't they get news coverage? it's like not advertising a great video game that everybody wants .. well a p!sh video game that everybody wants.. because it has sold out. and stocks are low..

Leithenhibby
16-03-2014, 11:46 AM
They have a bigger following. why wouldn't they get news coverage? it's like not advertising a great video game that everybody wants .. well a p!sh video game that everybody wants.. because it has sold out. and stocks are low..

1: At what point did I say they shouldn't get press coverage?

2: Did you read and digest the OP? :wink:

They are NOT, a premier team and should NOT, be on the premier page!!..............

That was my gripe in my OP :agree:

PeeJay
16-03-2014, 12:30 PM
1: At what point did I say they shouldn't get press coverage?

2: Did you read and digest the OP? :wink:

They are NOT, a premier team and should NOT, be on the premier page!!..............

That was my gripe in my OP :agree:

Your gripe is pointless - it was clearly demarcated as "Scottish Football" (albeit on the SPL page) if Scottish football was interesting enough without this club on "the wrong page", they wouldn't be there: but it's not, so they get bunged into the SPFL page. Big deal - the BBC is not the problem ... it clearly lies elsewhere.

Hibercelona
16-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Before media coverage, the gap between OF fans and fans of other clubs like Hibs, Hearts, and Aberdeen weren't nearly as huge. Bigger, yes. But not like it is now.

Leithenhibby
16-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Your gripe is pointless - it was clearly demarcated as "Scottish Football" (albeit on the SPL page) if Scottish football was interesting enough without this club on "the wrong page", they wouldn't be there: but it's not, so they get bunged into the SPFL page. Big deal - the BBC is not the problem ... it clearly lies elsewhere.

It's my gripe, and I'm no letting go. End of :na na:

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Before media coverage, the gap between OF fans and fans of other clubs like Hibs, Hearts, and Aberdeen weren't nearly as huge. Bigger, yes. But not like it is now.

When did media coverage start?

PeeJay
16-03-2014, 12:49 PM
It's my gripe, and I'm no letting go. End of :na na:

Fair enough :greengrin - FWIW I understand your frustration, but there's only one way to get teams from Glasgow off the front pages ...