PDA

View Full Version : Pubs near Firhill

CallumLaidlaw
14-03-2014, 07:32 AM
We're getting the train to Partick on Saturday
Is St George's Cross the best subway to get off at?

And what pubs do people usually go to before the match?

LancashireHibby
14-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Found the Woodside Inn welcoming enough, can't miss it on your left hand side about 5 minutes from the underground stop.

DaveF
14-03-2014, 08:00 AM

I think so. Well, I hope so as that's where we are heading for!

Brunswickbill
14-03-2014, 08:53 AM
if you are into real ale then Inn Deep is a good place. It's near Kelvinbridge subway station. Come out the station, take the steps up to Great western Road and cross the bridge over the Kelvin. It's on the corner on the left, downstairs. Owned by Williams Brewery with a good range of real ales and food. Not a long walk to Firhill.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Might be quicker jumping off at Queen Street then getting the bus from Hope Street to Firhill. (£3 return).

Munn's Vaults has a good mix of fans before the game.

DaveF
14-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Might be quicker jumping off at Queen Street then getting the bus from Hope Street to Firhill. (£3 return).

Munn's Vaults has a good mix of fans before the game.

:aok: Sounds good, might just do that.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-03-2014, 10:29 AM

Bus number 16, 17, 60 or 61 according to Google maps. Get straight there and a few beers near the stadium. :aok:

DaveF
14-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Bus number 16, 17, 60 or 61 according to Google maps. Get straight there and a few beers near the stadium. :aok:

Thank you Mr Conductor :greengrin

See you tomorrow:aok:

joe breezy
14-03-2014, 11:51 AM
In the old days if i wasn't walking from ma grandad's hoose in Possil I would get the underground to St George's Cross and walk up the road fae there.

It's not the best for pubs though - just a couple on that street. The Woodside was my choice when at the Partick Thistle v Falkirk game last year. The Partick Thistle casuals were there and I was there in peace to see the Jags anyway.

There's probably nicer pubs round Kelvinside and Partick but obviously further away.

If you fancy a coffee or some grub you could do worse than visit Cafe D'Jaconelli, as featured in Trainspotting (when Renton meets Spud before his interview)

http://www.foodanddrinkglasgow.co.uk/cafe-djaconelli-570-maryhill-road-maryhill-glasgow-october-2011/

it is just a wee place so may be busy but worth a visit

partickthistle
14-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Hello guys,

St Georges Cross is under 10 mins walk from Firhill, probably closer to 5 minutes walk actually from the stadium.

Also there is a bar at the front of the stadium itself called the Aitken Suite that is open to both home and away supporters - so all Hibbees welcome.

Thanks

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Hello guys,

St Georges Cross is under 10 mins walk from Firhill, probably closer to 5 minutes walk actually from the stadium.

Also there is a bar at the front of the stadium itself called the Aitken Suite that is open to both home and away supporters - so all Hibbees welcome.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, mate. Partick/Maryhill is a tough area. Is it true all pubs issue crash helmets to customers?

green with envy
14-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Hello guys,

Thanks

I would have thought it was nearer a 20 mins walk.

nonshinyfinish
14-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info, mate. Partick/Maryhill is a tough area. Is it true all pubs issue crash helmets to customers?

Have you ever been there?

1. Partick is miles away.
2. Maryhill isn't rough. Some adjacent places are, e.g. Possil and Ruchill, but Maryhill isn't.

calmac12000
15-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Either that or Kevinbridge, the latter is probably closer, but Georges X is easier to get to the ground if you dine ken the area. I'd concur with the Woodside and unlike their ever friendly neighbours to the east and south of them there's not much danger of getting aggro tbh.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2014, 11:45 AM

£2.70 for a pint of Strongbow, that'll do.

No SKY football available.

AllyF
15-03-2014, 12:07 PM
10 minute walk from Kelvinbridge subway. Plenty decent pubs up Great Western Road too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2014, 12:37 PM
In The Woodside now, Huns and Man C games on the tv.

LancsHibs
15-03-2014, 01:23 PM
In The Woodside now, Huns and Man C games on the tv.

Just up on the train, full of huns not even going to their game but up to celebrate their big title win LOL, ! In Munns Vaults now, filling up

jimmythefish
15-03-2014, 01:25 PM
In the star & garter 2 mins fae stadium seems ok full o jags fans a couple o hibby's tho

SteveHFC
15-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Just up on the train, full of huns not even going to their game but up to celebrate their big title win LOL, ! In Munns Vaults now, filling up

:faf: