PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtic heading for Murrayfield

Spike Mandela
14-03-2014, 12:02 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26571570

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-03-2014, 04:45 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26571570

Thanks for that. Quite interesting, wonder what the Celtis fans think of the games being played at Murrayfield. I remember being at Hibs vs Barca in the Champions League at Murrayfield a few years ago... Oh wait, that was a friendly:thumbsup:

In all seriousness though, no doubt there will be some Celtic fans not happy about it, particularly the Glasgow based ones (most of them then haha). but this will suit Edinburgh based ones. If they manage to fill it no doubt it will be a good atmosphere. Just hope the "Green Brigade" don't trash seats.

Moon unit
14-03-2014, 07:15 AM
So , it's ok to let The Cellick' mob come through in their droves to play at Murryfield ( I bet the good folk of Murryfield can't wait!) but we could not play The Yamtards in a final and save a mass exodus to The Weedge?...

Weststandwanab
14-03-2014, 07:21 AM
So , it's ok to let The Cellick' mob come through in their droves to play at Murryfield ( I bet the good folk of Murryfield can't wait!) but we could not play The Yamtards in a final and save a mass exodus to The Weedge?... Well said.

.Sean.
14-03-2014, 07:37 AM
At least it will save the Celtic fans making the trek to Glasgow. Gloryhunting *******s.

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Will probably end up going along myself, only 20 minutes away.

Keith_M
14-03-2014, 07:53 PM
So , it's ok to let The Cellick' mob come through in their droves to play at Murryfield ( I bet the good folk of Murryfield can't wait!) but we could not play The Yamtards in a final and save a mass exodus to The Weedge?...

Wasn't it Hibs that were against it? I seem to remember quite a lot of Hibs fans as well.

SunshineOnLeith
14-03-2014, 10:13 PM

The two situations aren't even remotely close to comparable.

Moon unit
14-03-2014, 10:26 PM
The two situations aren't even remotely close to comparable.

Why not?..Murryfield beaks and The SRFU got very stiff upper lippy about the thought of hosting a final for fans from its own Capital city...yet they now are crawling up the arse of Cellickfootballclub!..

lapsedhibee
14-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Why not?..Murryfield beaks and The SRFU got very stiff upper lippy about the thought of hosting a final for fans from its own Capital city...yet they now are crawling up the arse of Cellickfootballclub!..

:hmmm: Didn't we reject playing a semi at Muddyfield because the yams had played there so often recently and it would have been like a home game for them?

SunshineOnLeith
14-03-2014, 10:42 PM

No they didn't. The SRU have always been very welcoming of football matches since Hearts first played European games there. Which, incidentally, is a valid comparison.

The Scottish Cup Final is played at a neutral venue, hosted by the SFA - they chose to host it at Hampden.

Celtic's home European games are hosted by Celtic, they are choosing (due to their home ground being unavailable and UEFA rules preventing them using Dublin) to host at Murrayfield.

snooky
14-03-2014, 10:44 PM
:hmmm: Didn't we reject playing a semi at Muddyfield because the yams had played there so often recently and it would have been like a home game for them?

Phew! Thank God we never played it there then. :eek:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-03-2014, 10:46 PM
SRU/Murrayfield have never been against any football game being played there. I'm sure they would welcome the rent and exposure that it would bring a rarely used stadium. The only people against it were Hibs and the SFA

Sir David Gray
14-03-2014, 10:48 PM

:agree:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/4759100.stm

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2014, 10:33 AM
I suppose its the only venue available. Cant say I'm happy about there being any chance of neutral Edinburgh kids being attracted to the dark side if their parents take them along to these games out of curiosity.

Might be coz of the score that night, but I wasnt impressed with Murrayfield as a football venue when we played Barcelona there.

Keith_M
15-03-2014, 01:07 PM

Garbage

Correct, and how glad were we all that they weren't given an advantage.........

leggeto
15-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Can you imagine the amount of complaints after that game with the weegee buckie army drinking in the streets of upmarket murrayfield