PDA

View Full Version : Sammys Sponsored Walk Details

Stantons Angel
13-03-2014, 09:09 PM
I have just had heard from CCLASP thanking you all for your sponsorship of Sammy on taking part in the walk.

Sammys daughter Jackie had concerns from her family that we may have been mislead by the recent newspaper article to imagine Sam at 104, embarking on a huge walk for charity.

Sammy is starting off the walk as the oldest member of the family and will walk a short distance.

The next oldest family member will take over for a while and so on and so on, till the youngest family member finishes off the walk at the ERI with Sammy.

He will have pride of place up front in the following mini bus, only walking short distances, well he is 104 aint he?

He will then be greeting all the walkers at the finish with a handshake, a cup of tea and that great big smile of his.

As the Hibs.Net members have been so generous i wanted to make it clear that the plan is for all his family to take part in the walk, with him, they will be walking and singing along to the Proclaimers (500 miles) singing "you wont have to walk 500 miles to get support from CCLASP!"

The whole walk is down to Sammy and his family and the cash will go to the building of a new Childrens Cancer Charity Ward at the ERI. Enabling young patients and their families not to have to travel long distances when so ill, for treatment.

I hope i have explained things fully to you and thank you so much for your interest in helping this 104yr old man give something back for the care given to his grand daughter Carrie.

ggtth!

FranckSuzy
13-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I have just had heard from CCLASP thanking you all for your sponsorship of Sammy on taking part in the walk.

Sammys daughter Jackie had concerns from her family that we may have been mislead by the recent newspaper article to imagine Sam at 104, embarking on a huge walk for charity.

Sammy is starting off the walk as the oldest member of the family and will walk a short distance.

The next oldest family member will take over for a while and so on and so on, till the youngest family member finishes off the walk at the ERI with Sammy.

He will have pride of place up front in the following mini bus, only walking short distances, well he is 104 aint he?

He will then be greeting all the walkers at the finish with a handshake, a cup of tea and that great big smile of his.

As the Hibs.Net members have been so generous i wanted to make it clear that the plan is for all his family to take part in the walk, with him, they will be walking and singing along to the Proclaimers (500 miles) singing "you wont have to walk 500 miles to get support from CCLASP!"

The whole walk is down to Sammy and his family and the cash will go to the building of a new Childrens Cancer Charity Ward at the ERI. Enabling young patients and their families not to have to travel long distances when so ill, for treatment.

I hope i have explained things fully to you and thank you so much for your interest in helping this 104yr old man give something back for the care given to his grand daughter Carrie.

ggtth!

Thanks very much for the detail. I am looking into charities and organisations that could use Kicks for Kids season tickets in 14/15 and I reckon I've already found one :aok: Marvellous effort.

Peevemor
13-03-2014, 10:21 PM
In that case then the reports were a bit misleading but I, for one, don't give a flying one. The world needs more 'doers' and I have no doubts about backing this initiative (albeit in a very small way). The publicity for the charity is a good thing on it's own.

Stantons Angel
14-03-2014, 07:12 AM
In that case then the reports were a bit misleading but I, for one, don't give a flying one. The world needs more 'doers' and I have no doubts about backing this initiative (albeit in a very small way). The publicity for the charity is a good thing on it's own.

Thanks for your support.

I was a bit taken aback when the charity expressed concerns after all our efforts. Ive re read the article and it does now seem a bit misleading. (typical newspapers)

Im just hoping that all the contributors feel the same way as you and i about helping Sammy help this charity!

He is delighted with your backing and is looking forward to doing his bit!

Thanks once again to you all!!!

Stantons Angel
14-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Thanks very much for the detail. I am looking into charities and organisations that could use Kicks for Kids season tickets in 14/15 and I reckon I've already found one :aok: Marvellous effort.

That is good news and i think you have defo found a good one here!

Not sure if this charity is supported already by the club? Ask Sue, she will keep you right!

Thanks for your continued support.

ronaldo7
14-03-2014, 07:16 AM
CCLASP are getting the cash due to Sammy's smile, hard work, and the love and support of his family.

That'll do for me:aok:

martinmcgurk
14-03-2014, 07:21 AM
You could not expect any more from sammy. Its a family effort and well worth a contribution.

Mr White
14-03-2014, 07:28 AM
You could not expect any more from sammy. Its a family effort and well worth a contribution.

:agree:

Pretty Boy
14-03-2014, 07:44 AM

This is it for me.

Maybe the report was a bit misleading but I really don't care. A few spare pounds for a great charity and for a 104 year old to be taking any part is almost unbelievable.

Good luck to Sammy and family.

Stantons Angel
14-03-2014, 10:56 AM
This is it for me.

Maybe the report was a bit misleading but I really don't care. A few spare pounds for a great charity and for a 104 year old to be taking any part is almost unbelievable.

Thank you all for your continued support we have £560 in the justgiving page now and it is you all who made this possible.

Thank you .

GTMRossaK3
14-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Maybe a wee half-time appearance at Easter Road called for?

Cheers

jacomo
14-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your support.

I was a bit taken aback when the charity expressed concerns after all our efforts. Ive re read the article and it does now seem a bit misleading. (typical newspapers)

Im just hoping that all the contributors feel the same way as you and i about helping Sammy help this charity!

When dealing with the media, you really have to spell everything out to them. Leave any details out or assume that they will do some basic research to fill in the gaps, and you are guaranteed errors.

Anyhow, thanks for coming back on here to explain the full picture. And good luck to Sammy and his family!

Stantons Angel
14-03-2014, 02:26 PM
When dealing with the media, you really have to spell everything out to them. Leave any details out or assume that they will do some basic research to fill in the gaps, and you are guaranteed errors.

Anyhow, thanks for coming back on here to explain the full picture. And good luck to Sammy and his family!

Thanks for that. Im just trying to be open and honest with people.

Money is tight these days and when you donate to something you should know exactly whats going on.

Every one has been great and accepting of the situation and all your best wishes are being sent on to the great man himself!

Hibernia&Alba
14-03-2014, 04:37 PM
CCLASP are getting the cash due to Sammy's smile, hard work, and the love and support of his family.

That'll do for me:aok:

Very well said. A great effort for a great cause.

Jonnyboy
14-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks for your support.

As others have said there will be no complaints J. A great cause and a great man at the head of that family :agree:

Bostonhibby
14-03-2014, 08:02 PM
This is it for me.

:agree: This

sleeping giant
14-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Small donation made .

I remember meeting him when I was a kid . My Dad knows him. He was telling me tonight that Sammy used to be a lumberjack :-)
Great cause and a great guy.

whiskyhibby
14-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Irrespective of how much he will be doing, it's sufficient for me that he is doing something to supports worthy cause and I for one am very happy to modestly support him in that cause, that's what we as the Hibee family do......

FranckSuzy
14-03-2014, 11:19 PM
That is good news and i think you have defo found a good one here!

Not sure if this charity is supported already by the club? Ask Sue, she will keep you right!

Thanks for your continued support.

I certainly will and it is my pleasure :agree:

FranckSuzy
14-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Irrespective of how much he will be doing, it's sufficient for me that he is doing something to supports worthy cause and I for one am very happy to modestly support him in that cause, that's what we as the Hibee family do......

:top marks

Stantons Angel
15-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Thanks for your nice comments and for donating to the justgiving site which is standing at £570 plus the gift aid amount will mean Sammy and his family will be going into this with £700 of sponsorship from you all on Hibs.net and my facebook!

Just have to keep on saying it Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!

Loopz
15-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your nice comments and for donating to the justgiving site which is standing at £570 plus the gift aid amount will mean Sammy and his family will be going into this with £700 of sponsorship from you all on Hibs.net and my facebook!

Just have to keep on saying it Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!

I went to school with Sammy's son. I did not really know Sammy but this is a wonderful story, donation sent.

Stantons Angel
15-03-2014, 09:48 PM
I went to school with Sammy's son. I did not really know Sammy but this is a wonderful story, donation sent.

Thank you so much!

whiskyhibby
15-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Like wise I went to school with Sammy's daughter Carol.......many years ago :-))