PDA

View Full Version : Who were the players that went behind Collins back to the Chairman?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Anyone know who it was? I was watching a lot of videos on YouTube last night of John Collins interviews when he was here and one came up about players going behind his back to speak to the chairman. I mean, I know it happened but I was pretty young at the time and didn't understand it all. So who were they and why? How did you feel when you found out?

Heres a link to the video I watched http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6yCjcOmsc4#

Kato
13-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Really?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Really?

Sorry for digging up the best but it's been bugging me for ages and I really wanted to know!

Pete
13-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Liam Craig

Billy Whizz
13-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Liam Craig

Daniel Craig

The Sea-gull
13-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Kenny McIntyre and Michael Stewart should do a radio show with that as the topic. It is coming up to the 7th anniversary and hasn't been referenced for at least two months.

In all seriousness , though this has been done to death many time on here and on the radio, I still feel it is a story where the whole truth has never been told.

I'm sure a Johnny Collins book will cover his side in a chapter one day and Michael Stewart and Kevin Thomson will have theirs ghost written by Kenny McIntyre and Keith Jackson respectively.

BH Hibs
13-03-2014, 02:35 PM
I asked Scott Brown but he didnae ken.

Zazu62
13-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Ltyf

SaulGoodman
13-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Ltyf

He's not a yam, and he's not been posting on here for long so I'm sure he didn't realise it's been 'done to death'

I'm sure he'll be more careful next time he asks a question on this welcoming site :rolleyes:

The Gorf
13-03-2014, 04:36 PM
He's not a yam, and he's not been posting on here for long so I'm sure he didn't realise it's been 'done to death'

I'm sure he'll be more careful next time he asks a question on this welcoming site :rolleyes:
Well said sir.

hibees 7062
13-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Well said sir.

:agree:

Pete
13-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Daniel Craig

Doubt it. Six pack buddies.

Collins was that vain that he actually went behind his own back and complained to Petrie about himself.

Boyle89
13-03-2014, 04:58 PM
I asked Scott Brown but he didnae ken.

Haha. Most cringe inducing interview ever.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 05:48 PM

:top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Ltyf

What does that mean...?

flash
13-03-2014, 05:55 PM

I very much doubt he will be.

Iggy Pope
13-03-2014, 06:33 PM
It happened seven years ago. Hibby or not, its like asking what the **** went right in 1973 when we were relegated in 1980. But backwards.

Weststandwanab
13-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Haha. Most cringe inducing interview ever. Did Mr Brown understand the question ?

What does that mean...? Almost 2,000 posts and you dinae ken what that means !

TheFamous1875
13-03-2014, 07:03 PM
LAUNCH THE YAM FUD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2014, 07:04 PM
I don't know all the ins and outs of what happened. Could someone who does answer the guy's question? No need to be arsey with him.

Jones28
13-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Rumour mill said it was mickey Stewart at the heart of it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Did Mr Brown understand the question ?

Almost 2,000 posts and you dinae ken what that means !

Sorry...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 07:17 PM
LAUNCH THE YAM FUD

Cheers:aok:

Onceinawhile
13-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Rumour mill said it was mickey Stewart at the heart of it.

I thought it was the opposite? He was definitely jc's scapegoat, but I think rumours were he wasn't that involved.

Think lewis and kevin mccann were about the only two who didn't go to the meeting. Such a waste the end of that season.

TheFamous1875
13-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Cheers:aok:

Just to clarify I'm certain you're not a 'yam' and I certainly don't want you launched! :greengrin:

In all seriousness, it really does let this board and some of it's insightful and amiable posters down when people come in giving people grief. We're all here for the exact same reason, let's not forget that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Just to clarify I'm certain you're not a 'yam' and I certainly don't want you launched! :greengrin:

In all seriousness, it really does let this board and some of it's insightful and amiable posters down when people come in giving people grief. We're all here for the exact same reason, let's not forget that.

No worries mate. Thank you, appreciated:top marks

GGTTH:greengrin

TheFamous1875
13-03-2014, 07:23 PM
I thought it was the opposite? He was definitely jc's scapegoat, but I think rumours were he wasn't that involved.

Think lewis and kevin mccann were about the only two who didn't go to the meeting. Such a waste the end of that season.

I'm also sure he had an impeccable relationship with the two Moroccan boys, usually speaking to them in French, which if true could've been alienating to the other players.

Onceinawhile
13-03-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm also sure he had an impeccable relationship with the two Moroccan boys, usually speaking to them in French, which if true could've been alienating to the other players.

Actually, that rings a bell. So everyone but stevenson, mccann, benji and zouma.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Could have been a cup double that season. From the high of the CIS win, to the low of the Dunfermline semi final replay defeat, all in around 4/5 weeks.
Only Hibs!

TheFamous1875
13-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Could have been a cup double that season. From the high of the CIS win, to the low of the Dunfermline semi final replay defeat, all in around 4/5 weeks.
Only Hibs!

I'm trying to remember just how our season crumbled after the cup. Apart from the 'bust up' I think there were a lot of injuries? I can't quite remember.

The_Exile
13-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Big Jonesy was put in a terrible position, he felt he had to represent the players as the captain of the football club but had no issues with Collins at all. Rod only agreed to the meeting out of professional courtesy and quickly told them that Collins was the main man, if they didnae like it then tough titties. Thats about as much as I know.

TheFamous1875
13-03-2014, 07:37 PM
What I would like to know is what the players' 'issues' were exactly? I've only heard the six-pack story...

SaulGoodman
13-03-2014, 09:57 PM
It happened seven years ago. Hibby or not, its like asking what the **** went right in 1973 when we were relegated in 1980. But backwards.

"I was pretty young and didn't understand it all"

Did you miss this part or choose to ignore it?

Helpful tip, not everyone on the Internet is over the age of 25

truehibernian
13-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Personality clashes after players contract talks not being pursued to JC's liking, an early 'to your rooms' curfew and no alcohol on a training camp (which some ignored) - these were the reasons I heard. Couple of squabbles between a couple of players at training and also JC showing a couple up at training skill wise and being perceived as 'ripping the pash' - which lets face it, he probably did because he was still decent !

Perhaps not the most skilful team we've seen, but he had us the fittest I've seen in decades.

Moon unit
14-03-2014, 05:58 AM
7 years ago..time to move on from this saga..we have more important things to be concerned about I.e our lowly position in the league,a season with no highlights and the fact that the club keeps coming up with one PR disaster after another on what seems like a weekly basis!..only one thing will bring the fans back..EXCITING football!..

LaMotta
14-03-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm trying to remember just how our season crumbled after the cup. Apart from the 'bust up' I think there were a lot of injuries? I can't quite remember.
Starting Damon Gray in the semi final replay ahead of Steven Fletcher probably didnt help. One of them went on to become a 12 million pound Scottish International...the other is now playing for Kelty Hearts.

Never forget the feeling when Hogg slid in on the Dunfermline winger and Craig thomson gleefully pointed to the spot.....one of the most sinking feelings ever watching Hibs.

Madness that the game wasnt played at Tynecastle either.

degenerated
14-03-2014, 06:29 AM
7 years ago..time to move on from this saga..we have more important things to be concerned about I.e our lowly position in the league,a season with no highlights and the fact that the club keeps coming up with one PR disaster after another on what seems like a weekly basis!..only one thing will bring the fans back..EXCITING football!..

What are the PR disasters that seem to occur on what seems like a weekly basis?

Broken Gnome
14-03-2014, 06:34 AM

He started Damon Gray ahead of Steven Fletcher in the replay. That still annoys me. Weren't than many injuries, though he'd started to include guys like Chisholm and Lynch.

Season died a death after the Hearts game at Easter Road. Always wonder what eveb a point there would have led to. Instead it just kicked in a massive hangover.

dangermouse
14-03-2014, 06:50 AM
LAUNCH THE YAM FUD

Standards have fair dropped on this site. You used to have to pay £10 to become a private member and undergo the initiation ceremony with Uncle James :shocked: before you got to know what that meant. :grr:

Iggy Pope
14-03-2014, 06:57 AM
"I was pretty young and didn't understand it all"

Did you miss this part or choose to ignore it?

Helpful tip, not everyone on the Internet is over the age of 25

I chose to ignore it.
Forgive me.

Diclonius
14-03-2014, 07:37 AM

After the cup win we didn't win a single game until the final day of the season.

MikeyG
14-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Ltyf

Small piece of butter

Saorsa
14-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Small piece of butter:tee hee:

Moon unit
14-03-2014, 11:50 PM
What are the PR disasters that seem to occur on what seems like a weekly basis?

Decorating ER in camouflage like a scene from Dad's Army against The Arabs went down a right treat!...the whole PR stunt on that one fell flat on its arse!..

Peevemor
15-03-2014, 03:01 AM
The rot started to set in well before the final which was a freak result IMO.

Collins and his atrocious signings and crap management kicked off the chain of events that has resulted in 7 years of mediocrity.