PDA

View Full Version : Lowest ever Hibs attendance at a competitive game?

craigmounthibby
13-03-2014, 07:51 AM
I reckon there was less than 150 there last night.

Alex Trager
13-03-2014, 08:15 AM
They were getting plaudits on OAM

marinello59
13-03-2014, 09:10 AM

And so they should.

GordonHFC
13-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Mind you, it would probably have been easier and quicker getting to the Barcelona game last night.

Alex Trager
13-03-2014, 10:16 AM
And so they should.

One hundred percenrt

oconnors_strip
13-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I reckon there was less than 150 there last night.

Read in twitter there was 180 of us. We were spread about so looked less

essexhibee
13-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Fantastic effort from the 180 :thumbsup:

Jones28
13-03-2014, 10:57 AM
No wonder. Scottish football, where the fans are an afterthought

Billy Whizz
13-03-2014, 11:07 AM

Why, had to play the game sometime

bigwheel
13-03-2014, 11:11 AM

Honestly, it is only 3 -3 1/2 hours away. Less driving time than a London club heading to Manchester....We are so lucky that most games are within an hour or so for us.....It's not that big a deal.

Jones28
13-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Why, had to play the game sometime

200 miles away on a Wednesday night? Might as well have been played in Shetland for all the good it does for the supporters, who are the lifeblood of the game.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2014, 11:15 AM
200 miles away on a Wednesday night? Might as well have been played in Shetland for all the good it does for the supporters, who are the lifeblood of the game.

The game was initially a Saturday, but Inverness had a Communities Cup Semi final that weekend. Not much more the SPFL can do about this

Jones28
13-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Honestly, it is only 3 -3 1/2 hours away. Less driving time than a London club heading to Manchester....We are so lucky that most games are within an hour or so for us.....It's not that big a deal.

For the cost it is to get there, ticket etc I don't think it's fair to ask supporters to do a 6 hour round trip midweek. May not be a big deal for you but it is for a lot of people. Another case of the supporters coming last in the thinking of the suits at the SPFL

Jones28
13-03-2014, 11:17 AM
The game was initially a Saturday, but Inverness had a Communities Cup Semi final that weekend. Not much more the SPFL can do about this

Could have played it on a free weekend? I know these things happen but the fans are an afterthought here. I seriously doubt the supporters were ever taken into consideration.

green&left
13-03-2014, 11:38 AM
For the cost it is to get there, ticket etc I don't think it's fair to ask supporters to do a 6 hour round trip midweek. May not be a big deal for you but it is for a lot of people. Another case of the supporters coming last in the thinking of the suits at the SPFL

It's only Inverness mate.

We're spoilt with central belt fixtures that when anytime we've got to put a bit effort in it seems the other end of the world.

Aberdeen, ICT & Ross County have to do those trips, and further almost every second week. We have to do them a few times a year and are expected handers for the authorities.

If it was a Saturday 3pm we may have taken 400 in total. Our crowds are fairly low up there regardless of when they are played.

Argylehibby
13-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Could have played it on a free weekend? I know these things happen but the fans are an afterthought here. I seriously doubt the supporters were ever taken into consideration.

Is there a free weekend prior to the split?

bigwheel
13-03-2014, 12:30 PM

The cost isn't any different at the weekends.... We can't always play at weekends , my point is we are so lucky that we rarely have to travel far at all - it's not that big a deal once in a while

Jones28
13-03-2014, 12:33 PM
The cost isn't any different at the weekends.... We can't always play at weekends , my point is we are so lucky that we rarely have to travel far at all - it's not that big a deal once in a while

Fair enough but at least weekends would make it easier for people. The way it should happen in my mind is mid-weeks fixtures for the likes of county, ict and the dons should be regionalised. It helps everyone out. To be fair because, as billywhiz pointed out this was a re-arranged cup game so isn't the best example.

Jones28
13-03-2014, 12:34 PM
It's only Inverness mate.

We're spoilt with central belt fixtures that when anytime we've got to put a bit effort in it seems the other end of the world.

Aberdeen, ICT & Ross County have to do those trips, and further almost every second week. We have to do them a few times a year and are expected handers for the authorities.

If it was a Saturday 3pm we may have taken 400 in total. Our crowds are fairly low up there regardless of when they are played.

All fair points tbh

Jones28
13-03-2014, 12:35 PM

I doubt it tbh, this probably wasn't the best example :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-03-2014, 12:36 PM

Yes, but its Scottish Cup semi final weekend

wearethehibs
13-03-2014, 01:52 PM

The funny thing about that is, the SFA or SPFL whoever it was actually made it harder for ICT fans to get to that match than if they had played it in mid week.

Still don't know why they changed league cup semis to weekends

13-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Tbh who the hell wants to travel all the way up there on a wednesday night, folk have work etc. Well done to everyone who did though.

.Sean.
13-03-2014, 02:46 PM

Great point. Some Hibs supporters seem to think anything north of Dundee is a ten hour hike. 3-4 hours is a standard trip in England and nothing compared to some European leagues!

Of course take nothing away from and fair play to all those who made the trip.

lucky
13-03-2014, 03:31 PM
I like ICT away, as I always try and make a weekend of it. Midweek nothing to play for game makes it easy to not bother.

green&left
13-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Fair enough but at least weekends would make it easier for people. The way it should happen in my mind is mid-weeks fixtures for the likes of county, ict and the dons should be regionalised. It helps everyone out. To be fair because, as billywhiz pointed out this was a re-arranged cup game so isn't the best example.

It really isn't that far. I left at 4pm yesterday (Granted I never actually made it as far as Inverness due to my car packing in half way up however...). It all takes is a "dentist appointment" at 4pm to get away sharp enough from work...

I've read games directly before Xmas should be regionalised. Boxing day and games between Xmas & New Year should be regionalised. New Years day/2nd Jan should be regionalised. Now midweek fixtures should be regionalised. We really are a bunch of lazy c***s in this country.

Jones28
13-03-2014, 04:08 PM
It really isn't that far. I left at 4pm yesterday (Granted I never actually made it as far as Inverness due to my car packing in half way up however...). It all takes is a "dentist appointment" at 4pm to get away sharp enough from work...

I've read games directly before Xmas should be regionalised. Boxing day and games between Xmas & New Year should be regionalised. New Years day/2nd Jan should be regionalised. Now midweek fixtures should be regionalised. We really are a bunch of lazy c***s in this country.

The bare faced truth is that the product on offer in Scotland is mostly average to poor. In England it is mostly well worth the 4 hour drive to see an entertaining game because of the money involved.

FFS is just a suggestion to make things easier for fans and teams alike.

green&left
13-03-2014, 04:13 PM
The bare faced truth is that the product on offer in Scotland is mostly average to poor. In England it is mostly well worth the 4 hour drive to see an entertaining game because of the money involved.

FFS is just a suggestion to make things easier for fans and teams alike.

It's only average to poor when comparing it to the best matches in England, Spain and Germany...

Read another post how its a joke the SPL or whatever they're called decided to schedule a match when it was "Baracelona v Man City"...

Just about somehow sums up the mentality of the folk in this country....

Jones28
13-03-2014, 04:19 PM
It's only average to poor when comparing it to the best matches in England, Spain and Germany...

Read another post how its a joke the SPL or whatever they're called decided to schedule a match when it was "Baracelona v Man City"...

Just about somehow sums up the mentality of the folk in this country....

When a professional footballer cannot pass a ball 10 yards it's pish, no matter what the comparison.

Disagree with that opinion, I'd sooner watch spl football than English/Champions league football because my team play in the Dcottish league so it is of relevance to me. By no stretch is that my mentality.

R'Albin
13-03-2014, 05:21 PM

Bloody right. We've been hearing how 'incredible' Aberdeen is for taking 40k to a cup final the whole week.

snooky
13-03-2014, 06:04 PM
200 miles away on a Wednesday night? .......

.... to watch a no score draw? Well haud me back. :drool:

Hibernia&Alba
13-03-2014, 07:05 PM
I fully accept the point that highland clubs have to travel long distances for almost every match, but it's a barrier in a midweek game. I love the trip to Inverness, it's a beautiful part of the world, but I couldn't do it last night. the 180 diehards who made the journey are legends.

Mixu62
14-03-2014, 08:33 AM

Fair point, but London and Manchester also have major 3 and4 lane motorways and between them. Inverness has the A9.

Ronniekirk
14-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Fair point, but London and Manchester also have major 3 and4 lane motorways and between them. Inverness has the A9.
The A 9 is a Killer.

bigwheel
14-03-2014, 09:25 AM

True. Not going to argue with that point

Ringothedog
14-03-2014, 10:13 AM

You are right, I could get from Telford to Gatwick(2.5 hrs) quicker than it takes me to get from Edinburgh to Inverness

Itsnoteasy
14-03-2014, 08:07 PM

Not midweek. Awright on a Saturday. At least most games in England they will get there via motorway. Road to Inverness is Highway to hell

Sir David Gray
14-03-2014, 08:25 PM

Inverness and Ross County only have each other within their region.

There's no other Premiership team within 100 miles of either of them.

Aberdeen's in a similar situation. There's no other team within 50 miles of them and only Dundee Utd and St Johnstone are within 100 miles.

I understand what you're saying but it's unrealistic to expect Inverness and Ross County to only play each other during midweek games.

SaulGoodman
14-03-2014, 08:35 PM
.... to watch a no score draw? Well haud me back. :drool:

How did you know the score? Can I have the weekends scores please? :greengrin

Up The Bracket
14-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Never thought there was that many of us to be honest, was worth it for the scintillating football on show