PDA

View Full Version : Watmore

GGTTH07
13-03-2014, 12:20 AM
How did he play?

GreenLake
13-03-2014, 01:22 AM
I just had the audio stream but it sounded like he left a few of the ICT players for jambos.

Hermit Crab
13-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Caley couldn't deal with him. Very tricky and quick. Turned their right back inside out on more than one occasion, a good out ball for keeper and defenders, hit the bye line to get balls across but no takers in the box. Won umpteen corners for us. Unfortunately he was our only attacking threat and was subbed with 20 min to go replaced by Stevenson then we lost all attacking threat and butcher went to 451 and settled for a draw.

Ronniekirk
13-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Caley couldn't deal with him. Very tricky and quick. Turned their right back inside out on more than one occasion, a good out ball for keeper and defenders, hit the bye line to get balls across but no takers in the box. Won umpteen corners for us. Unfortunately he was our only attacking threat and was subbed with 20 min to go replaced by Stevenson then we lost all attacking threat and butcher went to 451 and settled for a draw.
Sounds like the type of service folk thought Collins needed to improve on his scoring record . might go on Saturday now as sounds the type of player I would enjoy watching :agree:

erin-go-bragh87
13-03-2014, 09:49 AM

You must have been at a different game to me last night. He was murder.I've never seen a footballer so frightened of a challenge in my life. Far to lightweight and got shrugged off the ball all night. He made two good runs at the start of the second half but nothing else. Opinions eh!

erin go bragh
13-03-2014, 09:58 AM
I dont get this settling for a draw with 20 mins to go crap . Especialy with St Johnstone winning . We should be going for the win with 20 to go , not shutting up shop to get a point . Was Harris not on the bench ?

Ggtth

SaulGoodman
13-03-2014, 10:10 AM
You must have been at a different game to me last night. He was murder.I've never seen a footballer so frightened of a challenge in my life. Far to lightweight and got shrugged off the ball all night. He made two good runs at the start of the second half but nothing else. Opinions eh!

With supporters like these..

oconnors_strip
13-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Considering he is coming back from injury and took a few hefty knocks last night I thought he done well. You going to say Stanton is to lightweight aswell?

Sergio sledge
13-03-2014, 11:25 AM

I think that's a bit harsh. He's just coming back from injury and took a couple of pretty hefty challenges right at the start of the game and looked like he was struggling at one stage.

He was pretty quiet in the first half, but came alive when Butcher changed us to 451 at half time, putting Collins out on the right, Cairney in the middle and switching Watmore to the left.

The change to 451 seemed to be working, although Collins isn't a right winger, until Watmore was taken off and we lost all attacking threat. Stanton got on the ball more as part of a central three and Cairney seemed to be controlling things in the middle.

ehf
13-03-2014, 12:08 PM

You obviously never saw Alan O'Brien, then...

Wasn't there last night but from what I saw in the Raith game, Watmore is a pretty brave young player.

Thecat23
13-03-2014, 12:26 PM

You clearly didn't watch Hibs when we had Alan O'Brian then eh?

Centre Hawf
13-03-2014, 01:14 PM

Someone had to be the first I suppose.

Up The Bracket
13-03-2014, 09:33 PM
He was very good, he looked dangerous at the start, he was switched to the left wing because their RB was kicking him into next week and he improved, a few very good runs and he's one of the few players we have who can take players on with ease, will only improve with more game time.

Hermit Crab
14-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Complete rubbish mate. Are you expecting him to be a superstar? By far our best player on the night.

Last Minute
14-03-2014, 12:44 PM

Don't know what game you were at , if at all. but you do talk some mince

Judas Iscariot
14-03-2014, 02:09 PM
With supporters like these..

Aye, going up to Inverness on a Wednesday night, crap supporter..

You don't half talk some gash

SaulGoodman
14-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Aye, going up to Inverness on a Wednesday night, crap supporter..

You don't half talk some gash

Lot of people have said the same but if you've got something against me feel free to block me :aok:

Leishy1995
14-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Inverness' twitter when he was subbed described it as strange because he was by far our best player.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Only seen him against Raith but he was absolutely outstanding. Certainly not too lightweight or scared of a challenge. Kept going back for more despite getting kicked all over the place and played on whilst injured. Would love if we could work a 'Sparky' and keep him for next season