PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Hibernian FC LWT - Hibs Club, Wednesday 19th March 6.30 pm

RIP
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Let's Work Together 2014 is a coming together of the organisations that make up the Hibernian FC family. The next meeting will be held in the Pat Stanton Suite, Hibs Club, Sunnyside, Wed 19th March at 6.30 pm

All supporters are invited to join representatives from Board, Management, Community Foundation, Historical Trust, Supporters Association Committee, Affiliated Branches, Non - Affiliated Branches, Former Players, Disabled Supporters, Hibernians, Erin Trust, Dnipro, Leith Links. Going forward we will meet monthly at 6.30 pm on the second Wednesday of the month (unless agreed otherwise as this month). Venue will alternate between Easter Road Stadium and the Supporters Association - odd months Hibs Club, even months Stadium.

All actions agreed will be recorded with owners and target dates. These actions will be reviewed at the next meeting.

Agenda
1. Report from last meeting
2. Draft LWT 2014 terms of reference (Aim, Team, Goals & Targets)
3. Board update & Q&A
4. Management updates & Q&A
5. Group reports
6. Projects
7. Club meetings & group events calendar for 2014

All welcome - Look forward to seeing you there

Mikey
12-03-2014, 02:47 PM
All supporters are invited...........

There are a number of people who could do worse than turn up and tell the board how they should be running the club. They'll be there so this is your chance.

It'll save you coming on here every day and telling the rest of us how bad they are at it.

silverhibee
12-03-2014, 03:22 PM
There are a number of people who could do worse than turn up and tell the board how they should be running the club. They'll be there so this is your chance.

It'll save you coming on here every day and telling the rest of us how bad they are at it.

I thought the board had decided to say "no comment" to any questions. :greengrin

Saorsa
12-03-2014, 04:10 PM

It'll save you coming on here every day and telling the rest of us how bad they are at it.Sorry I thought if folk paid their money (or even free users) they could come on and post their opinions as they like (within the rules)? Is there a new rule that says they cannae? Or one that says only people who think they're doing a good job can post it everyday telling the rest of us, or that the sun rises and sets everytime Petrie stands up or sits doon? As has been shown on many other occasions, asking anything of, criticising or making suggestions about how things are done or should be done (involving anything Petrie considers his domain) is either met with a rubber ear or a load of flannel about 5 year plans. I wouldnae waste my time on any meeting while Petrie is here because he'll dae it his way anyway (despite the fact he's made a total **** of the last 7 years) and the response is and always has been the same. If it's all the same tae you though I'll continue tae post on here. :aok:

Board Q & A :hilarious Those have always moved mountains, right enough. Still waiting on the results of the last one (with Petrie) that made any difference.

Q. x
A. nae comment

Q. y
A. 5 year plan

Q. z
A. sorry, dinnae like that question, next

RIP
12-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Sorry I thought if folk paid their money (or even free users) they could come on and post their opinions as they like (within the rules)? Is there a new rule that says they cannae? Or one that says only people who think they're doing a good job can post it everyday telling the rest of us, or that the sun rises and sets everytime Petrie stands up or sits doon? As has been shown on many other occasions, asking anything of, criticising or making suggestions about how things are done or should be done (involving anything Petrie considers his domain) is either met with a rubber ear or a load of flannel about 5 year plans. I wouldnae waste my time on any meeting while Petrie is here because he'll dae it his way anyway (despite the fact he's made a total **** of the last 7 years) and the response is and always has been the same. If it's all the same tae you though I'll continue tae post on here. :aok:

Board Q & A :hilarious Those have always moved mountains, right enough. Still waiting on the results of the last one (with Petrie) that made any difference.

Q. x
A. nae comment

Q. y
A. 5 year plan

Q. z
A. sorry, dinnae like that question, next

Imagine if the SNP had the internet back in the 60's. Would they have spent the past 45 years bumping their gums on a messageboard? At the last election they were told Labour would win by a Landslide. The pundits implied their support was wasting their time.

The same can be said for those countries who wanted to free themselves from dictatorship. Or women who fought for the vote.

Sometimes we have to keep coming back again and again. And if the cynics tell us to give up on what we love and believe in, we are going to redouble our efforts.

Change doesn't happen with folk sitting on their erchie. But I guess you're not that Desperate Dan?

Onion
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM

Sadly, this Board has neither the ability or inclination to make the radical changes needed to address the problems at Hibs.

What we need is an owner who gives a **** about the performance of the footballing side of the business and is prepared to do what is necessary to turn the club around. What is the point in telling this Board that they are the main part of the problem, should find a new owner for the club and remove themselves from office ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2014, 06:28 PM
We are not the solution providers, we are here to identify the problems.

Saorsa
12-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Imagine if the SNP had the internet back in the 60's. Would they have spent the past 45 years bumping their gums on a messageboard? At the last election they were told Labour would win by a Landslide. The pundits implied their support was wasting their time.

The same can be said for those countries who wanted to free themselves from dictatorship. Or women who fought for the vote.

Sometimes we have to keep coming back again and again. And if the cynics tell us to give up on what we love and believe in, we are going to redouble our efforts.

Change doesn't happen with folk sitting on their erchie. But I guess you're not that Desperate Dan?It hasnae happened with any of these meetings on anything that matters

I've asked this a dozen times before but the answers have been elusive as Petrie's, what has been the result of any of these meetings on anything that really matters and that Petrie wants tae control?

The only thing that brings Petrie down from his ivory tower is like what happened with Fenlon when the threat of a protest appeared in the papers, he came out and spoke (down) tae the peons. Then the people who were at that Q&A were spun a line by Petrie and his PR man and left again with nae answers tae anything that mattered and things carried on as before.

Farmer wants Petrie, end of story and Petrie does as he pleases end of story, nothing you say is going tae change that, perhaps it will take you a little longer tae get that. Petrie probably goes hame from these meetings (the ones he bothers tae attend) laughing up his sleeve. I'll no be wasting my time or breath on that man. He'll be very lucky if he's getting ST money off me this time round, never mind my time. Mind you the money is all he wants (so maybe that's what'll hit him hardest), he's no interested in folks time or breath, it's in one ear and out the other. Still you bash on. :aok:

p.s. I've changed a few folks political outlook tae mine in my time. Good luck getting Petrie tae dae anything any way other than his though. :aok: Anyway that's it for me on this particular thread, I'm sure there'll be others in the future and we still winnae see eye tae eye on the value of discussing anything while that man remains in charge.

RIP
12-03-2014, 07:02 PM
We are not the solution providers, we are here to identify the problems.

So how do you propose to do that Mr M?

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 07:25 PM
IMHO, I get what folk are saying, in that it's a waste of time, RP doesn't/won't listen, they're only interested in our £, etc, etc BUT what do these folk propose instead? How do the fans get their point across then? A boycott? A protest? The last one wasn't exactly successful. I don't honestly know what alternative there is, other meeting the Board face-to-face and trying to get your point across :dunno:

marinello59
12-03-2014, 07:49 PM
IMHO, I get what folk are saying, in that it's a waste of time, RP doesn't/won't listen, they're only interested in our £, etc, etc BUT what do these folk propose instead? How do the fans get their point across then? A boycott? A protest? The last one wasn't exactly successful. I don't honestly know what alternative there is, other meeting the Board face-to-face and trying to get your point across :dunno:

Fenlon quit the day after the last protest. I would call that a result.
What are LWT actually trying to achieve now? I asked the other day what the Hibernian Way was but Gogs simply didn't answer it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2014, 07:54 PM
So how do you propose to do that Mr M?

Mr M?

I'm afraid I agree with Dan so will just leave you guys to it.

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 08:51 PM
What are LWT actually trying to achieve now? I asked the other day what the Hibernian Way was but Gogs simply didn't answer it.

I don't really think PF resigning was down only to a protest but happy to stand corrected :greengrin

Quite a lot but no doubt, to some, it won't be exciting/progressive enough:

Speaking to the Board about initiatives, of which there are many waiting to go but not enough volunteers to see them through
Applying pressure re KO times (as per survey on another thread)
Developing a pack/orientation for new recruits to Hibs, which may, in part, be the 'Hibernian Way' mentioned
Promoting the idea of a crest on the stadium
Feeding back about pricing/tickets/bookings fees (which they dropped)
Attempting to promote Hibs to the wider community (which is where my interests lie)
Bringing all of the various members of the Hibee family together: HSA, Dnipro, Leith Links, Hibernian Disabled Association, Hibs Historical Trust, Former Players Association to name but a few
That's about it. Oh, and there's something in the pipeline that most fans will be in favour of but it's at a :lips seal stage at present :wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2014, 08:55 PM

I could run the club, in fact i have a 5 year plan for us, but i'm not at liberty to say just what it it at the moment.

RIP
12-03-2014, 08:57 PM

120 different ssupporters have attended LWT meetings over the past season and a half. It's still early days. A team of 8 put the Hibernian Way programme together. The Board reviewed it last year. I wasn't a member of that team.

Happy to send you a copy of that presentation if you want to pm me your email address.

Gerard
12-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I could run the club, in fact i have a 5 year plan for us, but i'm not at liberty to say just what it it at the moment.

When will you be at liberty to say what this plan is?

marinello59
12-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't really think PF resigning was down only to a protest but happy to stand corrected :greengrin

Speaking to the Board about initiatives, of which there are many waiting to go but not enough volunteers to see them through
Developing a pack/orientation for new recruits to Hibs, which may, in part, be the 'Hibernian Way' mentioned
Attempting to promote Hibs to the wider community (which is where my interests lie)
Bringing all of the various members of the Hibee family together: HSA, Dnipro, Leith Links, Hibernian Disabled Association, Hibs Historical Trust, Former Players Association to name but a few
That's about it. Oh, and there's something in the pipeline that most fans will be in favour of but it's at a :lips seal stage at present :wink:

I don't think Fenlon leaving was only down to a protest either but it may have played a small part.
Thanks for the rest of your answer. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't think Fenlon leaving was only down to a protest either but it may have played a small part.
Thanks for the rest of your answer. :thumbsup:

Well whatever it was, it worked (thankfully) :greengrin

:aok:

RIP
12-03-2014, 09:02 PM

Ran a 4 night supporters telethon calling fellow supporters with a survey on renewals

Proposed a 50/50 plan last year for buying a ST.

Provided consultancy to management on requirements for new IT systems for the club

Carried out a major supporters survey of 1500 fans under the Green Views banner and created better communications with board and management

Provided other consultancy to management on individual initiatives

Gerard
12-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Ran a 4 night supporters telethon calling fellow supporters with a survey on renewals

Provided consultancy to management on requirements for new IT systems for the club

Carried out a major supporters survey of 1500 fans under the Green Views banner and created better communications with board and management

I suspect more to come:wink:

Saorsa
12-03-2014, 09:03 PM
When will you be at liberty to say what this plan is?Probably the same time as Petrie tells everybody his 'plan'.

I'd still be interested tae ken what the plan has been for the last 7 years though,

that's been a real doozy eh? :rolleyes:

The Modfather
12-03-2014, 09:33 PM
And like that Mikey disappears from the thread after a subtle snide dig at the fans.

No engagement as to the points made that folk have attended and asked questions only to come to the conclusion it's a waste if time.

FranckSuzy
12-03-2014, 09:41 PM
And like that Mikey disappears from the thread after a subtle snide dig at the fans.

No engagement as to the points made that folk have attended and asked questions only to come to the conclusion it's a waste if time.

I may be wrong but most of those asking the questions have not attended, to the best of my knowledge. Happy to stand corrected though :aok:

Also, Mikey isn't a member of LWT.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2014, 09:45 PM
When will you be at liberty to say what this plan is?

I will get back to you on that?

Gerard
12-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I will get back to you on that?

When will you do this?

Jack
12-03-2014, 10:34 PM

Provided other consultancy to management on individual initiatives

The Hibernian Lotto. Some of the extras we're seeing attached to this seasons season tickets were also discussed as extra prizes for the lotto.

There's an ongoing catering consultation.

... and even more :-)

marinello59
13-03-2014, 06:22 AM
120 different ssupporters have attended LWT meetings over the past season and a half. It's still early days. A team of 8 put the Hibernian Way programme together. The Board reviewed it last year. I wasn't a member of that team.

Happy to send you a copy of that presentation if you want to pm me your email address.

Is there not a condensed answer you could provide here? Surely you want to get as much info out on here as possible to encourage other people to attend. I am assuming it is something to do with the way that LWT engages with the club rather than a playing style

Jack
13-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Is there not a condensed answer you could provide here? Surely you want to get as much info out on here as possible to encourage other people to attend. I am assuming it is something to do with the way that LWT engages with the club rather than a playing style

Might be helpful if LWT had their own website to disseminate info.

Hiber-nation
13-03-2014, 07:27 AM
The Hibernian Lotto. Some of the extras we're seeing attached to this seasons season tickets were also discussed as extra prizes for the lotto.

... and even more :-)

That to me is hilarious. Every Hibs fan has known for years that the food at ER is overpriced pish and many have complained. If the catering folk at ER have been unaware of that for all these years then they must have had their heids in the sand.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2014, 07:44 AM
When will you do this?

5 years maybe?

marinello59
13-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Might be helpful if LWT had their own website to disseminate info.

Is it not possible to answer that question here then?
FrankSuzy gave me an excellent informative answer to my previous question about LWT's future aims. Good to see it isn't running out of steam and those involved are still very enthusiastic.

dangermouse
13-03-2014, 08:29 AM
That to me is hilarious. Every Hibs fan has known for years that the food at ER is overpriced pish and many have complained. If the catering folk at ER have been unaware of that for all these years then they must have had their heids in the sand.

IIRC something was planned by the caterers, a tasting event I believe. Unfortunately it was chosen to be on a day we kicked off at silly o'clock and got cancelled as not enough fans could make it to the stadium on time. No idea if it was ever rescheduled, I guess not as I was going to go.

Jack
13-03-2014, 08:42 AM
FrankSuzy gave me an excellent informative answer to my previous question about LWT's future aims. Good to see it isn't running out of steam and those involved are still very enthusiastic.

The reason I've suggested they use a site was more for the general goings on at LWT was that there are many groups of fans and supporters who don't use this forum or many of the others. The information need only be written once, can be linked to and should be accurate.

Take the catering comment by Hiber-nation. I know its being looked at, I cant remember who is leading and I don't know the stage its at so we'll have to wait and hope that person shows up, while there's interest, and responds. How much easier would it be to provide a link to the site or copy and paste from it?

I have on occasion tried to track down all the sites and forums that would be interested and each time found more.

Saorsa
13-03-2014, 08:59 AM

... and even more :-)All well and good but none of what has been mentioned in this thread yet again tackles the central issues of the failures of this fitba club, those questions as always have remained unanswered by Petrie. I'm sure there are a lot of dedicated Hibs supporters who have put their time and effort in tae these ideas like the lotto, etc, and I have nae wish tae knock that, they're great ideas but it's embroidery and tinkering round the edges and nothing mair, while the fitba club continues tae fail.

As for that, why is it needed? Everybody including the caterers ken what the problems are and have been for years. It's over priced, it's crap, and the service is crap, I think they're in the wrong game if they dinnae ken what tae dae about it without consulting anybody. Lower the prices and/or improve the quality and improve the service, is that something they really need tae be telt? Of course all that would affect their bottom line

RIP
13-03-2014, 10:42 AM

Do you know a poster called Matty Fairnie? He led the team that created this proposal. He will do justice to his LWT teams work much better than my crappy explanation. He will also be aware how much info to share at this time

marinello59
13-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Do you know a poster called Matty Fairnie? He led the team that created this proposal. He will do justice to his LWT teams work much better than my crappy explanation. He will also be aware how much info to share at this time

Well hopefully Matty will remove the redacted material before he answers.:greengrin
My apologies, when I asked what the Hibernian Way was I didn't realise that it was so complicated or contained classified material.

RIP
13-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Far from it running out of steam last month's meeting was the most encouraging to date. Although the first proposal was written in Oct 2011, LWT only got off the ground with Board and Management support in Autumn 2012. In Year 1 some progress was made but there was a lot of trial and error. The most encouraging aspect for me in Year 2 has been the coming together for the first time of all of the Hibernian Family groups, the energy of St Pat's branch and more recently the involvement and support of the Hibernian's Supporters Association committee.

LWT 2014 will be larger, stronger, more inclusive and in order to deliver more successful projects - a bit more formal.

The main reason why we are formalising things is to give LWT more credibility, more authority and more traction. One or two of the original individual volunteers had to back out due to other commitments and LWT was starting to appear as a separate group rather than a Gateway for individuals and organisations as first intended.

By unifying all constituent groups under a single umbrella this will give us the empowerment to speak with a single voice if required. It will also provide a platform should there be a call for it for supporters to acquire a greater say in the running of our club.

All agendas and actions will be posted on messageboards going forward. There are discussions ongoing within management about the development of our club website, coverage of LWT Meetings and linking out to all the organisations in the Hibs family. A joint calendar of events is being prepared. Onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

RIP
16-03-2014, 11:44 PM
This wednesday's meeting is at the Hibs Club Sunnyside and given our recent form I am expecting there will be a lot of opinions from the floor. Remember it's an open door meeting - your chance to put your views direct to management.

WHUHibs
17-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Gogs

You are an inspiration to getting a better way with the club to look at the future. Unfortunately as I am travelling every week and only back at weekends I cannot contribute. However, there are two issues
1. No claririty on a 5 year plan
2. No CEO

Both are crucial in my opinion and without either I feel the rest is meaningless. My company as an example laid out its blueprint for its employees and clients and it's not a secret. We are one year into our plan and we reinforce it regularly to everyone inside and outside our company. As the MD I report to a visionary CEO and without him then we would not be in the place we are today which is innovative in our industry...he also came from an unrelated business dispelling the myth that you need to be ingratiated from a particular industry.

My sports division secured 17 English premier pitches for next season,,in Rugby all the four nations from next season,,the opening stadium in the World Cup...how,,well vision we put in place 2 years ago...

I appreciate that I won't be there on a Wednesday but if I was then I would demand both answers whether I would get that is another matter,,

They must lay out the vision as they must have one!!!!and not just say we want to get a winning team on the park, invest in the manager etc,,

Viva_Palmeiras
17-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Funnily enough I was thinking about the 5 year plan around the time Rh scribed the post above.

Have Hibs management signed some equivalent of the official secrets act? (I know they haven't as they've been pretty open from what I've seen on LWT but on this point folks appear/ed mute)

So according to Rod there is a 5 year plan.

At a time when we are being asked to commit to the club would it not make a more compelling proposition if we knew what we were buying into and perhaps if some kind of in enticement were offered then who knows - some folks might even consider a longer term (x years ST).

oregonhibby
17-03-2014, 07:00 AM
I received an interesting reply to a suggestion I made about articulating the vision, or in this case, an aim........"it was a trap". At the AGM someone asked a not unreasonable question about the target for the season and there was no real effective reply, this was after an accountants analysis of how successful, on average, we were since the SPL began.

All this smacked of fear of being held to account for whatever plan there is. A published plan or vision would have aims and targets and they would then be easily monitored as to how successful the implementation was. In "normal" businesses this would mean that performance would be assessed and if there was a failure, eventually, the leader would be removed. However, this is no normal business. Taking the football out of the equation then all the objectives have been achieved. Great stadium, great training ground and the finances under control. Put the product back in then there are significant failures. All of this might point to what is important to this Board otherwise they would hold them self accountable for the football performance.

As a good friend of mine would say "this board is full of Barathea wearers."

Ronniekirk
17-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Funnily enough I was thinking about the 5 year plan around the time Rh scribed the post above.

Have Hibs management signed some equivalent of the official secrets act? (I know they haven't as they've been pretty open from what I've seen on LWT but on this point folks appear/ed mute)

So according to Rod there is a 5 year plan.

At a time when we are being asked to commit to the club would it not make a more compelling proposition if we knew what we were buying into and perhaps if some kind of in enticement were offered then who knows - some folks might even consider a longer term (x years ST).
Mowbray s team could of helped shift longer season tickets but the last few years wouldn't inspire anyone to do t IMO whatever the plan is it surely must keep getting disrupted by the Turnover in Managers and Assistant Managers which has been crisis management not planned So there needs to be a new Five Year Plan Starting this Summer which is geared towards continuity and increasing resources available to T B for squad The youth set up does consistently well in providing a team that is outside the old firm the best of the rest in terms of results but it hasn't been producing players that break into first team and can be sold on Dundee United starlets will make them a fortune at some point .Stanton looks like being exception but he is young and it's next season when we will know if he goes back the way in his development .Buying older experienced players like Heff and Nelson were quick short term fixes borne out of necessity to crisis Two year contracts presumably had to be given to get them to sign but next year both will be surplus to requirements but we might be stuck with them Likewise Liam Craig ,Robertson Owen Tudor jones ,were slightly younger but experienced spl campaigners like vine but they were being recruited with no system to fit into or Football philosophy articulated it was just who is available and who can we afford .Butcher at least wants to replicate what he did at Inverness so let's hear more about that and how they went about setting out a blueprint for success. We know he wants players with pace and we know he doesn't want Nelson to just hoof the ball up front .weknow he likes physically strong players and wants to press teams higher up park and get crosses In To box and create chances .He knows he doesn't have right players to do this at hibs just now Watmore looks a player but can we get him back on loan again .Hayes has pace but so far apart from Killie game he has disappointed .So if T B is at meeting should be interesting .Also ask about his relationship with board and do they share his philosophy at ICT of getting players identified signed early and see if Rod is backing this.

Forza Fred
17-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Understand everyone's frustrations, but having attained old fart status, only advice I can offer is.....no matter how frustrating one may feel, change is less difficult to bring about from the inside...as opposed to complaining from afar.

Better to go to the meeting and say your piece.

RIP
17-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Understand everyone's frustrations, but having attained old fart status, only advice I can offer is.....no matter how frustrating one may feel, change is less difficult to bring about from the inside...as opposed to complaining from afar.

Better to go to the meeting and say your piece.

Our not so new motto is you are better inside the tent peeing oot than ootside the tent peeing in.

More than ever before supporters are looking to the manager to take responsibility for the performance of his players and the board to take responsibility for the football operation and results.

We have a history of accountants - its time to see some accountability

Bearders
17-03-2014, 09:26 PM
We have a history of accountants - its time to see some accountability[/QUOTE]

Totally agree however until our Chairman accepts that his value add is around his specialist subject Finance and not Football we will see little progress on the park. He may well spot a prop,flanker or scrum half but centre forward or centre half?
iMO we desperately need someone on the Board who has the football experience - what risk in appointing Pat assuming that he would accept!