PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pardew Ban

Chump
11-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Not sure what other people's thoughts are but a 7 game ban for a manager headbutting a player is absolutely ridiculous in my eyes. I think he should have been banned for the remainder of the season.

Suarez was banned for 10 games for a wee nibble - a manager doing what he did and getting away with less is shocking! Can't stand him and he has got previous as well.....twat!!

RoslinInstHibby
11-03-2014, 04:25 PM
wasn't really a headbutt though was it:greengrin....however it was really bad behaviour and should have gotten at least a 10 match ban.

question, has anyone had a 3 match stadium ban before....don't think i have seen this punishment dished out before:confused:

Hibs Class
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
wasn't really a headbutt though was it:greengrin....however it was really bad behaviour and should have gotten at least a 10 match ban.

question, has anyone had a 3 match stadium ban before....don't think i have seen this punishment dished out before:confused:

Paul Ince had a stadium ban quite recently, although don't remember how many games.

Chump
11-03-2014, 04:37 PM

True....a real head butt would have been a life time ban methinks!! The action of a head butt from a manager is bad enough tho'....I think his immediate apology went a long way in determining his punishment!

Jones28
11-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Be more apt to call it a forehead tickle.

Brizo
11-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Be more apt to call it a forehead tickle.

Pardew is extremely fortunate that the player on the end of that forehead tickle didn't go as if he'd been hit point blank with a baseball bat. If the player had reacted the way so many others do I think Pardews ban would have been far worse.

Thecat23
11-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Should be banned at least. It was a head push I'd say. The fact he's went in with his head shows a poor example to his players and he does have previous with officials. I'd have thrown the book at him.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2014, 05:01 PM
The man comes across as a complete prick.

Pete
11-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Not sure what other people's thoughts are but a 7 game ban for a manager headbutting a player is absolutely ridiculous in my eyes. I think he should have been banned for the remainder of the season.

Suarez was banned for 10 games for a wee nibble - a manager doing what he did and getting away with less is shocking! Can't stand him and he has got previous as well.....twat!!

"a wee nibble"? :-)

What Suarez done was far worse than what Pardew did IMO and lets be honest....it's the players that are the real role models and their actions are the ones that are mimicked by kids all over the world.

Hainan Hibs
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM
:hilarious

Internet outrage out in force once more. It was handbags at ten.

11-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Pardew is extremely fortunate that the player on the end of that forehead tickle didn't go as if he'd been hit point blank with a baseball bat. If the player had reacted the way so many others do I think Pardews ban would have been far worse.

Agreed, footballers are utterly cringeworthy at times the way they carry on. There would have been many footballers who would have thrown themselves to the ground and rolled around holding their faces as if they had just been shot. So respect to the guy for having a bit more dignity and not doing that. However, regardless of how the player reacted, Pardew was an arse for doing it. Yes, Pardew hardly cracked the boy but as a manager should have known far better. He's an embarrassment.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2014, 06:17 PM
:hilarious

Internet outrage out in force once more. It was handbags at ten.

:agree:

lapsedhibee
11-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Should be banned at least. It was a head push I'd say. The fact he's went in with his head shows a poor example to his players and he does have previous with officials. I'd have thrown the book at him.

Ridiculous suggestion. He'd just have nutted it away.

Thecat23
11-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Ridiculous suggestion. He'd just have nutted it away.

:D liked that!!

CalgaryHibs
11-03-2014, 06:31 PM

Totally agree not enough he should be kick out for good if I owned the team

OsloHibs
11-03-2014, 06:36 PM
"A wee nibble" ..... Aye right! He's never getting a wee nibble of my 99- the flake will be all gone ;)

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2014, 06:37 PM
It was a silly incident but hardly vicious nor did it cause any injury, nowhere near as bad as Suarez in my opinion. I believe the punishment is sufficient.

macca70
11-03-2014, 06:56 PM
7 matches is probably spot on, there wasn't much in it but unacceptable behaviour for a manager to be squaring up to a player like that during a game.

£60k fine seems ridiculous though, hardly as if its compensation for a victim. It'll go towards the FA's Champagne Fund. He's already been fined £100k by Newcastle.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2014, 06:59 PM
It was a silly incident but hardly vicious nor did it cause any injury, nowhere near as bad as Suarez in my opinion. I believe the punishment is sufficient.

Nothing is as repugnant as Suarez! ;-D

snooky
11-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Personally, I think a good manager should get off his butt. :coffee:

Hibercelona
11-03-2014, 08:39 PM
I like how people play the whole "players are only human" card. But when it comes to managers, they're expected to be the pillars of perfection.

It was a heat of the moment thing that was over in seconds. Everybody loses their temper every now and then, it doesn't matter what profession they're in, when you lose it, you lose it.

It's not a big deal, the player wasn't even slightly injured. A 7 match ban is fine.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Poor Duncan Ferguson got the jail.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Poor Duncan Ferguson got the jail.

Ferguson had a record as long as Argyle Street.

And.... his was a decent strike :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEg2Zum_AU

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-03-2014, 09:51 PM
It certainly was ha. The old saying, "If you're going to do something..."

Just_Jimmy
12-03-2014, 01:30 AM
7 games for what would have been a straight red (he was sent off) and 3 games is ridiculous.

How many games did mcmenan from wigan get for his disgusting tackle on hadeira of newcastle couple seasons ago? The one that could have ended the young lads career? The one that wheelan and martinez defended because he wasn't "that type of lad"?

It was nothing. Send him off. Fine him. Couple games. It wasn't worse than a potential career ender and it wasn't worse than John Terry's 4 match ban for being a racist.

Pathetic from the FA. Scapegoat.

Baader
12-03-2014, 02:53 AM
7 games for what would have been a straight red (he was sent off) and 3 games is ridiculous.

How many games did mcmenan from wigan get for his disgusting tackle on hadeira of newcastle couple seasons ago? The one that could have ended the young lads career? The one that wheelan and martinez defended because he wasn't "that type of lad"?

It was nothing. Send him off. Fine him. Couple games. It wasn't worse than a potential career ender and it wasn't worse than John Terry's 4 match ban for being a racist.

Pathetic from the FA. Scapegoat.

Pardew has a history of losing it though. Whether pushing Wenger, calling Pelligrini a "f***ing old c***" just recently and now this. It's not how football should be or how managers should behave. The guy's not a player, doesn't have the excuse of opponents snapping at his ankles and is paid well enough to be an ambassador of a club a lot of people would be proud to represent.

Can he reprimand a Newcastle player now for having a go at an opponent onfield? He was always going to get hammered. If Newcastle were doing as badly as they were a couple of months ago they'd have sacked him - perfect get out clause for the longest managerial contract in that league. Managers that lose the plot won't even gain respect even from their own players. You just cannot do that and he needs to have a look at himself - he's an embarrassment.. He's not a fan and I'd like to see the reaction if Gary Locke or Neil Lennon tried that on one of ours...

O'Rourke3
12-03-2014, 06:55 AM
I still think the player could have avoided the collision. After the ran through him made no move to apologise. Pardew had made no move to block or impede. He's being rightly praised for not over reacting after the get-to but I still think he caused it.:cb

jacomo
12-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Newcastle have got 10 fixtures remaining this season. So would a 10 game ban have been absolutely fair? :cb

Pardew's obviously a hot head but his immediate contrition and apology after the game probably went in his favour. He's also accepted the punishment. I think it's fair.

Calum68
12-03-2014, 10:52 AM
I agree with Badder. If it had been Locke or Lennon everyone here would be up in arms that it was only 7 game ban.

brian6-2
12-03-2014, 10:57 AM

should have faced the same punishment you or i would have faced for ramming the nut on someone, caught on camera and in front of 50,000 witnesses.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I really cant believe he's got such a long ban, if this was a player with previous he'd get a 3 match ban at most.

It was not a head butt, it was him putting his head towards the player. It was stupid, and he should get a ban, but deary me nobody was hurt and we see similar incidents every season that NEVER result in a 7 game ban.

We do like to get all excited over the smallest of things these days.

Baader
12-03-2014, 03:45 PM
I really cant believe he's got such a long ban, if this was a player with previous he'd get a 3 match ban at most.

It was not a head butt, it was him putting his head towards the player. It was stupid, and he should get a ban, but deary me nobody was hurt and we see similar incidents every season that NEVER result in a 7 game ban.

We do like to get all excited over the smallest of things these days.

Think the only person that got over excited was Pardew! People here are just debating his punishment.

Don't really understand all the sympathy for these guys. Footballers get it easy. Kicking ballboys, biting people's arms, racist namecalling...

Try that in your workplace see what happens... Spare us the sympathy vote for these millionaire clowns.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Think the only person that got over excited was Pardew! People here are just debating his punishment.

Don't really understand all the sympathy for these guys. Footballers get it easy. Kicking ballboys, biting people's arms, racist namecalling...

Try that in your workplace see what happens... Spare us the sympathy vote for these millionaire clowns.

If pardew had done that in the street, he'd not have received anything like a £160k fine, because thats what he's effectively been given, plus banned for 7 games.

If i remember correctly, a St Mirren player battered a policeman, can you remember his punishment for that?

Pardew's punishment is way over the top in my opinion, nobody was hurt and no damage was done.

WWFTWTG
12-03-2014, 09:34 PM

Good post I think his immediate apology and action from the club have also been appropriate.

Baader
13-03-2014, 12:17 AM
If pardew had done that in the street, he'd not have received anything like a £160k fine, because thats what he's effectively been given, plus banned for 7 games.

If i remember correctly, a St Mirren player battered a policeman, can you remember his punishment for that?

Pardew's punishment is way over the top in my opinion, nobody was hurt and no damage was done.

Pardews fine is relevant to his earnings though - he'll make that in a couple of months easily. Besides the majority of it was enforced by his employer and not the disciplinary body - Newcastle fined him £100k. Most folk in an ordinary job would get sacked for that so he's a lucky man. You or I done that in the street it'd be the courts that decide punishment - not the case with him.

As for McGowan kicking polis - that was a court matter - the judge gave him community service and a record.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Pardews fine is relevant to his earnings though - he'll make that in a couple of months easily. Besides the majority of it was enforced by his employer and not the disciplinary body - Newcastle fined him £100k. Most folk in an ordinary job would get sacked for that so he's a lucky man. You or I done that in the street it'd be the courts that decide punishment - not the case with him.

As for McGowan kicking polis - that was a court matter - the judge gave him community service and a record.

We will never agree.