PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen have sold 40,000 tickets for the League Cup Final

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Well done to the Dons fans on a great effort. They've shifted all their tickets plus an additional allocation before any general sale, meaning 40,000 sold for Sunday. I wonder how many ICT will take?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Well done to the Dons fans on a great effort. They've shifted all their tickets plus an additional allocation before any general sale, meaning 40,000 sold for Sunday. I wonder how many ICT will take?

I dont like them but well done indeed. Inverness are at around 7k and their allocation is 10k or they are hoping to get to 10k anyway.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2014, 04:53 AM
Sets it up quite nicely :devil:

Craig_in_Prague
11-03-2014, 04:54 AM
Sets it up quite nicely :devil:

Thinking the same!

lucky
11-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Reminds me of the Livingston game.

marinello59
11-03-2014, 05:32 AM
Is it really that great an effort to buy a cup ticket to a final that many of them think they have already won? I hope they have a really miserable trip home.

#FromTheCapital
11-03-2014, 06:45 AM

Indeed. Hope Caley Thistle ruin the day for the huge support, although I can't see it.

Ronniekirk
11-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Don't remind me of that game my boy cried after it.He expected us to win .thats one thing you have to learn to deal with as a Hibby ,how to handle and deal with disappointment and Heart Break .

AllyF
11-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Imagine how much Scottish football would thrive if even half of these cup final crowds turned out regularly at home games.

heretoday
11-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Don't understand the Aberdeen hatred. I must have missed something. I think we need a strong Dons side to combat the dreaded Celtic. Good luck to them.

Alex Trager
11-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Don't understand the Aberdeen hatred. I must have missed something. I think we need a strong Dons side to combat the dreaded Celtic. Good luck to them.

Surely a strong Hibs side you mean

Matty_Jack04
11-03-2014, 07:47 AM

Its probably down to the fact they have been mediocre at best for years but still believe it's the 1980s, I personally hope they fall at the last hurdle but unfortunately can't see it happening

11-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Imagine how much Scottish football would thrive if even half of these cup final crowds turned out regularly at home games.

Agree, too many people only willing to show up for the big occassions. I realise many of those people love their club just as much as regular attenders but can't go every week due to work/money issues or they live abroad and can only come over now and again but there will be a lot of people that CAN go to the games regularly but decide to only tag along for the big days out when theres a shot at glory.

Well done to Aberdeen for shifting that many tickets though. Should be a good game but really hoping ICT can do it!

Ozyhibby
11-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Agree, too many people only willing to show up for the big occassions. I realise many of those people love their club just as much as regular attenders but can't go every week due to work/money issues or they live abroad and can only come over now and again but there will be a lot of people that CAN go to the games regularly but decide to only tag along for the big days out when theres a shot at glory.

Well done to Aberdeen for shifting that many tickets though. Should be a good game but really hoping ICT can do it!

Scottish football is the best supported in Europe per head of population.
I don't understand why people have a go at attendances in Scotland when they are so high already.

leggeto
11-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Don't remind me of that game my boy cried after it.He expected us to win .thats one thing you have to learn to deal with as a Hibby ,how to handle and deal with disappointment and Heart Break .

character building mate it would be easy to be a glory hunter and expect to win every game like they spoilt brats through the west

down-the-slope
11-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I think a massive crowd and neither Celtic or the New Co Huns involved is always desirable rather than their Duopoly....... Will surprise those who slept through Armageddon :rolleyes:

Bill Milne
11-03-2014, 09:21 AM
This is beginning to sound like 2004, where we took a similar size support to Hampden with a small Livi support in attendance. The Sheep have similar expectations of victory to us then and a feeling of deja vu is beginning to come over me!! Wonder what price ICT are?

Hibs7
11-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I don't mind if they win this one but I don't want them to win both . ... You will never hear the end of it from the sheep ****gers !!

Betty Boop
11-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Same !

EdinMike
11-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I don't mind if they win this one but I don't want them to win both . ... You will never hear the end of it from the sheep ****gers !!

Open All Mics will become even more unbearable than it already is... If that is remotely possible...

frazeHFC
11-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Can't stand Aberdeen, come on Inverness! Got a few Inverness fans in the family and lived up that way so hope they do it!

frazeHFC
11-03-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't understand why people have a go at attendances in Scotland when they are so high already.

Think it's more the fact they are way down on what they used to be, more than them being bad in comparison to other countries.

.Sean.
11-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Armageddon

GlenrothesHibee
11-03-2014, 11:36 AM
The sheep of Aberdeenshire will be letting out a huge sigh of relief then! For what its worth i hope the Dons get pumped. Good luck to big yogi, he's one of our own.

inglisavhibs
11-03-2014, 11:37 AM

Good on them.It's great for Scottish football that we have another cup final without the old firm.

kaimendhibs
11-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Hope they end up with diddly squat!

Sent from my iphone

DC_Hibs
11-03-2014, 11:55 AM

Popular stat that one. Two clubs inflate that massively though and cover up the fact that a big city like Edinburgh can muster up only c25k regular attendees in comparison to smaller populations in England and elsewhere dwarfing that.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Would like Inverness to win due to the Hibs link

Hermit Crab
11-03-2014, 01:31 PM
This is beginning to sound like 2004, where we took a similar size support to Hampden with a small Livi support in attendance. The Sheep have similar expectations of victory to us then and a feeling of deja vu is beginning to come over me!! Wonder what price ICT are?

Bill, Inverness are currently 23/10 on bet 365. They have a few suspensions mind.

Keith_M
11-03-2014, 04:04 PM
It's 19 years since they last won a trophy and the team has been doing really well, so it's no surprise they can get a big attendance for this game.

It actually reminds me a bit of 1991, as that was 19 years since Hibs had won a trophy and we had a lot more than expected turn up, so many that a lot were locked out.

Personally, I don't mind who wins, just as long as it's a good occassion that shows Scottish Football can put on a show without either of the *rse cheecks being involved. A Cup Final with possibly 50,000 attending and not a single song about anyone being up to their knees in Fenian Blood or songs of praise to Bobby Sands; how refreshing.

11-03-2014, 04:18 PM
It's 19 years since they last won a trophy and the team has been doing really well, so it's no surprise they can get a big attendance for this game.

It actually reminds me a bit of 1991, as that was 19 years since Hibs had won a trophy and we had a lot more than expected turn up, so many that a lot were locked out.

Personally, I don't mind who wins, just as long as it's a good occassion that shows Scottish Football can put on a show without either of the *rse cheecks being involved. A Cup Final with possibly 50,000 attending and not a single song about anyone being up to their knees in Fenian Blood or songs of praise to Bobby Sands; how refreshing.

This :top marks

Frazerbob
11-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Great effort to take 40k and they are still trying for more tickets. I would like to see them win it, mainly due to my step son being an Aberdeen ST holder who is very close to bursting with excitement. Wouldn't wish the pain and suffering I've had to endure over the years on him. Would also be good for my pub with a big night on Sunday then next week with the open top bus parade.

However, if would also be hilarious if they lost. The arrogance emanating from the Sheep is reaching Jambo proportions. They really do expect to turn up and win by a barrel load.

erin go bragh
11-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Well i hope Yogi rests his players and plays the under 21s against us on Wednesday . 8~> Would like to see Cali winning but cant see it tbh .

Ggtth

Hibercelona
11-03-2014, 08:25 PM
40,000 Aberdeen fans. 30,000 that haven't been to an Aberdeen game since the 80s. Hope ICT pump them.

nonshinyfinish
11-03-2014, 08:35 PM
40,000 Aberdeen fans. 30,000 that haven't been to an Aberdeen game since the 80s. Hope ICT pump them.

How many of the 37,000-odd in the Hibs end in 2004 do you think were regular attenders?

SteveHFC
11-03-2014, 08:38 PM
How many of the 37,000-odd in the Hibs end in 2004 do you think were regular attenders?

3000? :cb

Hibercelona
11-03-2014, 08:44 PM

Around 10,000. But i'm not talking about regulars/non-regulars. I'm talking about so called "supporters" that haven't gone to watch Aberdeen for over 30 years. That goes quite a bit beyond "non-regular".

nonshinyfinish
11-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Around 10,000. But i'm not talking about regulars/non-regulars. I'm talking about so called "supporters" that haven't gone to watch Aberdeen for over 30 years. That goes quite a bit beyond "non-regular".

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Greentinted
11-03-2014, 08:48 PM

Match Odds (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/league-cup/aberdeen-v-inverness/winner)

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2014, 08:54 PM

:faf:

Credit where its due, well done Aberdeen. :top marks

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2014, 09:18 PM

So are you saying that because Aberdeen have more one-off attendees than we had in 2004, they deserve to get beaten?

Bristolhibby
11-03-2014, 09:23 PM

Them or the Huns in the Scottish?

No question I'd have them doing the double.

J

lyonhibs
11-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Might I propose the motion that you're talking absolute *****?

Well done Aberdeen for selling so many tickets.

I hope you get pumped