PDA

View Full Version : Under 20's - Hibs 1 Celtic 0

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Play Celtic in Livi on Tuesday night. Get along if you can :thumbsup:

6pm kick off

Billy
10-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Updates via Twitter as normal for those who can't make it along. As Jonnyboy says though, If you are in the area and can make it along then please do, the boys really appreciate the support :thumbsup:

Leishy1995
11-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Is Kevin Thomson playing? Might be worth betting on our boys if he is.

oconnors_strip
11-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Is Kevin Thomson playing? Might be worth betting on our boys if he is.

Thomson starts tonight

Billy
11-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Twitter is down just now. Still 0-0 and Hibs playing well.

Billy
11-03-2014, 06:23 PM
20 minutes in and Celtic have their first shot on goal which Boateng blocks.

Billy
11-03-2014, 06:24 PM
24: Todd almost in but a last ditch tackle saves Celtic from being a goal down.

Billy
11-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Goooooooooaaaaallllll Cummings after 32 mins

Billy
11-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Ht: 1-0

Billy
11-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Celtic down to 10 men after 63 mins

OsloHibs
11-03-2014, 07:44 PM
How's it going?

Craig_in_Prague
11-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Still 1-0, in injury time

Billy
11-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Ft: 1-0

Onceinawhile
11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Good result. Celtic are top aren't they?

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Nice one. What's the league standings now? Cummings back on the scoring run. 2 in 2 games.

Saorsa
11-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Ft: 1-0:thumbsup::flag:

How's the league placings now?

Billy
11-03-2014, 09:07 PM
:thumbsup::flag:

How's the league placings now?

With Rangers winning tonight, they are now joint top with Celtic on 44 points whilst we have 42.

They have still to play each other twice and we have to play both of them once more.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Very competitive game, thought we just shaded it and probably had the better chances. Lots of good young players at Hibs. Well done to all

Ronniekirk
11-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Very competitive game, thought we just shaded it and probably had the better chances. Lots of good young players at Hibs. Well done to all
Who was the stand out player for you tonight and how did Thompson fair and did he play full 90 minutes .

SMAXXA
11-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Much better performance than against united and good win.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Who was the stand out player for you tonight and how did Thompson fair and did he play full 90 minutes .

I think its always a wee bit unfair to pick young players.
We have a good team spirit and a good team.
Thomson seemed to enjoy it, played around 70 mins or so, but looks like he got a wee knock again. The young boys must enjoy having a player like him around them

Saorsa
11-03-2014, 09:54 PM
With Rangers winning tonight, they are now joint top with Celtic on 44 points whilst we have 42.

They have still to play each other twice and we have to play both of them once more.:aok:

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2014, 09:57 PM
I think its always a wee bit unfair to pick young players.
We have a good team spirit and a good team.
Thomson seemed to enjoy it, played around 70 mins or so, but looks like he got a wee knock again. The young boys must enjoy having a player like him around them

Oh sheite, Terry was champing at the bit to get KT back in the team. :offski:

B.H.F.C
11-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Did Harris look any more up to speed tonight?

SMAXXA
11-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Did Harris look any more up to speed tonight?

No not for me only stayed for the first 60mins, he looked ordinary and there were better players on the park, duno what's happened to him. Was impressed with Cummings and the right back

B.H.F.C
11-03-2014, 10:43 PM
No not for me only stayed for the first 60mins, he looked ordinary and there were better players on the park, duno what's happened to him. Was impressed with Cummings and the right back

Is the right back Andy Black? I've only saw the 20s twice this season but thought he was our best player both times.

Disappointing with Harris. I think he just looks terrified of any physical contact to be honest. This season just needs written off for him and start from scratch with a good pre season.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Beating Celtic at any level can only be a good thing.

Delighted.

Billy
11-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Beating Celtic at any level can only be a good thing.

Delighted.

That's us now won the last 3 league matches against Celtic at U20 level. Tonight was also Celtic's first defeat since January and they were going for their 07th clean sheet in a row tonight :greengrin

truehibernian
11-03-2014, 11:24 PM
That's us now won the last 3 league matches against Celtic at U20 level. Tonight was also Celtic's first defeat since January and they were going for their 07th clean sheet in a row tonight :greengrin

The salaries of their 20's alone are unbelievable Billy - was talking to someone last year who told me what their 19's were on - the gulf is about the sane at that level as it is at the senior level (in comparison).

J-C
11-03-2014, 11:34 PM

Is anyone else staring to worry that Harris's few very good performances might have been pure flash in the pan and he's just an ordinary player. I'd heard hardly anything about him until last year when he burst on the scene, maybe he's just found his level, fingers crossed I'm wrong and he turns out to be a cracking wee gem. :greengrin

truehibernian
11-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Is anyone else staring to worry that Harris's few very good performances might have been pure flash in the pan and he's just an ordinary player. I'd heard hardly anything about him until last year when he burst on the scene, maybe he's just found his level, fingers crossed I'm wrong and he turns out to be a cracking wee gem. :greengrin

Nope - his injury set him back as did personal life stuff which was heartbreaking - but pre injury he was better than Stanton, and I'll wager my money here and now Alex will come good and be the next big thing. I'm utterly convinced.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Mentally, Harris looks like he is scared to take the ball and scared to get hurt. He'll get over that.
More worrying is that he looks like he has lost a yard of pace. That's quite common with serious injuries.
If that's the case it could be very damaging for his career.

truehibernian
12-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Mentally, Harris looks like he is scared to take the ball and scared to get hurt. He'll get over that.
More worrying is that he looks like he has lost a yard of pace. That's quite common with serious injuries.
If that's the case it could be very damaging for his career.

Ozy, I'll be honest here - Alex has suffered a wee loss of form. Folk are in a tizz because he's not firing on all cylinders and being honest I think it's getting a little bit overblown. He'll definitely be watching his injury and it'll be in the back of his mind. But he's a top prospect, he needs fans to support - not second guess (wrongly) and create this 'he's scared' persona.

He's playing in a team that is poor and has low confidence. Just wait and see is my mantra regards Alex.

JohnStephens91
12-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Great win and a thoroughly enjoyable match, Cummings took his goal brilliantly and the defending at stages was valiant. Paul Grant was in good form and Leo Fasan for Celtic was forced into some good saves as well.

Still another game to come against them as well, three games on the bounce in the league that we have beaten them in.

truehibernian
12-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Great win and a thoroughly enjoyable match, Cummings took his goal brilliantly and the defending at stages was valiant. Paul Grant was in good form and Leo Fasan for Celtic was forced into some good saves as well.

Still another game to come against them as well, three games on the bounce in the league that we have beaten them in.

How did Andy Black play ?

JohnStephens91
12-03-2014, 12:53 AM

The whole team played well so there weren't really many stand-out players, the defending from all was resolute and the midfield pitched in as well when needed to supplement the defence when Celtic were cranking up through the gears. It's fair to say that it was a great performance from everyone, beating a Celtic team which included Kayal, Fridjonsson, Twardzik and Fisher. I think the clean sheet speaks volumes for the performances of Grant, Black, Boateng, Wilson, Gardiner and Baptie across the defence.

Nailrod
12-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Ozy, I'll be honest here - Alex has suffered a wee loss of form. Folk are in a tizz because he's not firing on all cylinders and being honest I think it's getting a little bit overblown. He'll definitely be watching his injury and it'll be in the back of his mind. But he's a top prospect, he needs fans to support - not second guess (wrongly) and create this 'he's scared' persona.

He's playing in a team that is poor and has low confidence. Just wait and see is my mantra regards Alex.I really hope you're right. But sometimes players don't come back from injury. Andy Driver looked like a fantastic prospect but I don't think he ever recovered fully. Anyway fingers crossed for Harris. He looked (all too briefly) like he was going to be the most exciting thing we had seen at ER for years.

bawheid
12-03-2014, 07:52 AM

He's playing in a team that is poor and has low confidence. Just wait and see is my mantra regards Alex.

Someone needs to crunch him in training IMO.

Islington Hibs
12-03-2014, 07:55 AM
what sort of crowd to we get for under 20 games?

Billy Whizz
12-03-2014, 08:07 AM

Moved to him to centre forward after Cummings went off. Did a lot of running and closing down. Another 90 mins under his belt

Ronniekirk
12-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Something clearly isn't right ,so may need a full pre season under belt and somehow get his confidence back ,plenty players don't come back the same player from serious injury but you would think if medical staff felt that was possibility ,the club wouldn't have rushed into contract extension.

oconnors_strip
12-03-2014, 08:38 AM
what sort of crowd to we get for under 20 games?

Most weeks it's about 150, numbers can increase when we play Celtic, hearts and rangers when we get about 200-300.

truehibernian
12-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Something clearly isn't right ,so may need a full pre season under belt and somehow get his confidence back ,plenty players don't come back the same player from serious injury but you would think if medical staff felt that was possibility ,the club wouldn't have rushed into contract extension.

I don't think there is much wrong (to counter your argument). Break it down slightly - Alex broke into the side at the tail end of last season and hit the ground running (pardon the pun). He was an unknown quantity, like any exciting young player, and Hibs changed their style a little to accommodate and naturally quick wide player. We had not had one in the side for a long time and quite often utilised Leigh there. We are only talking 5 or 6 games where Alex was first name on the team sheet and I don't think he let anyone down when he played, and offered us something potent in attack.

This season, first 45 against 'Well, he was having a stinker - not helped in my opinion by players getting the ball to him far far too often and not spreading play and opting for other 'out balls' - his head went down a wee bit when he came off at half time, yet second half he had a couple of darting runs and came into the game, only to be crudely chopped by that hatchet man Hutchinson. His first injury, a serious one, and one which took a long time to recover from.

He would of course benefited greatly from a gradual introduction into the side, with some 20's game (or EoS)......but we had changed gaffers, needed a fresh impetus, and he'd clearly shown TB in training something, or he wouldn't have been picked.

For me he needs a really good pre-season under his belt, in a more confident side, and with more support from the fans. Hes a very young boy remember - great things are expected and that can be tough psychologically. If TB gets in a couple of really attack minded flair players, then the focus is off Alex a little and he can relax into his natural game - I think we all expect far too much from him at the moment, and that is more down to the chronic lack of creativity throughout the side.

Gauld for example has Armstrong, GMS, Cifcti and Robertson to shift attention if he is having a poor game - who do we (Hibs) have who can take games by the scruff if he isn't firing on all cylinders, other than Sammy at the moment ? Other players really need to step up, markedly in my opinion.

DaveF
12-03-2014, 12:36 PM

I totally agree and I don't think the management team did him any favours putting him back into the team and keeping him there when it was obvious he was very low on confidence. I really hope he sorts his mind out, and next season we see an Alex Harris full of confidence and flying down that wing.

Golden Bear
12-03-2014, 03:53 PM

I've only seen the guy play twice but on both occasions he was outstanding.

The lad looks a real prospect --------------- in fact he deserves his chance NOW, it's not as if we're spoilt for choice when it comes down to classy full backs.

The Green Goblin
12-03-2014, 09:42 PM

Hope so too. He's still only 19 isn't he? His time will come if we as a support can be patient with him.

Leithenhibby
14-03-2014, 05:45 PM
This league is really starting to get rather exciting :wink: The boys are doing so well, Pwroud, very pwroud........................

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/scotland/spl-u20/20132014/regular-season/r22347/

Billy
14-03-2014, 06:36 PM
This league is really starting to get rather exciting :wink: The boys are doing so well, Pwroud, very pwroud........................

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/scotland/spl-u20/20132014/regular-season/r22347/

That table is incorrect. Celtic are joint top on goal difference and Motherwell are above Accies.

Full table is on www.spfl.co.uk

truehibernian
14-03-2014, 06:40 PM
I've only seen the guy play twice but on both occasions he was outstanding.

The lad looks a real prospect --------------- in fact he deserves his chance NOW, it's not as if we're spoilt for choice when it comes down to classy full backs.

Totally agree GB - first time I saw him I was excited, nothing has changed since over the last year or so. Really surprised he hasn't had a sniff on the bench but the position we are in, safety first, top 6 perhaps, then maybe we can see him feature in a couple of season end games. For older fans I would describe Andy as a small version of Stewart Kennedy (Aberdeen) - really consistent, great engine, recovers well if loses possession/his man, pacy, determined.

Really good player, as is Ryan Baptie on the other flank.

Leithenhibby
14-03-2014, 07:15 PM
That table is incorrect. Celtic are joint top on goal difference and Motherwell are above Accies.

Full table is on www.spfl.co.uk

Aw well. :thumbsup:

Billy
14-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Aw well. :thumbsup:

The link to the current table: http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/u20-league-table/

The link to the top scorers: http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/u20-top-scorers/

The table will change tonight as Hearts are currently playing Dunfermline. The away side lead 1-0 with 30 minutes remaining.

Leithenhibby
14-03-2014, 10:22 PM
The link to the current table: http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/u20-league-table/

The link to the top scorers: http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/u20-top-scorers/

The table will change tonight as Hearts are currently playing Dunfermline. The away side lead 1-0 with 30 minutes remaining.

Thanks Billy :aok:

That does make for good reading.

Do you have the FT result with, "Them"?............

007 Mickey Weir
14-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Pars won 2nil

Leithenhibby
14-03-2014, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=007 Mickey Weir;3931727]Pars won 2nil/QUOTE]

Always nice to know... Cheers :wink: