PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Club Launches 1 in 100

RSS Bot
10-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Unique incentives for 14/15 Season Ticket Members

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140310/club-launches-1-in-100_2262950_3706893)

Scouse Hibee
10-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Fabulous what an offer :rolleyes:

3pm
10-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Fabulous what an offer :rolleyes:

It'll appeal to some. I wouldn't imagine a rush based on that alone though.

Mikey
10-03-2014, 06:55 PM
It doesn't matter what they do :wink:

pedroorange1875
10-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Would they back date that to people who have had a season ticket for Donkey's years but are not renewing because they finally have had enough?

Hope not because i wouldn't bother with that either. Pathetic offer in light of the shambles witnessed in the last few years

Hibernia Na Eir
10-03-2014, 06:59 PM
What a mind blowing incentive.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2014, 07:04 PM

Maybe if you got a game, it would entice a few more

iwasthere1972
10-03-2014, 07:18 PM
A chance to play the wii or Playstation against one of our players followed by a game of pool while enjoying a pint.

Count me in. Where do I sign.

lucky
10-03-2014, 07:26 PM
FFS, the club can do nothing right some peoples eyes. The club should not have bribe fans to buy tickets

Saorsa
10-03-2014, 07:37 PM
FFS, the club can do nothing right some peoples eyes. The club should not have bribe fans to buy ticketsYou're right, they shouldnae have tae. It shouldnae be so bad that they would need tae, but it is and the blame for that lies with the people running the club. Efter 7 years of absolute dross and thousands of pounds of folks money skittered away it's little wonder they have tae, but if tat like this is the best the folk running the club can come up with efter the mess they've made of the last 7 years it's little wonder we are where we are.

haud me back.

Cabbage East
10-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Just started weeping uncontrollably at the sheer generosity of this offer. I stump up 400 sheets and have a 1% chance of watching the team train.

Those marketing geniuses have done it again.

Swedish hibee
10-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Come on- they are trying. For goodness sake, if you don't want to buy a season ticket- then don't. But others will be delighted if their season ticket is the lucky one.

hibee
10-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I hope there's a cash alternative or one of my kids win rather than me.

hibeemikey21
10-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Just started weeping uncontrollably at the sheer generosity of this offer. I stump up 400 sheets and have a 1% chance of watching the team train.

Those marketing geniuses have done it again.

And eat lunch with your fellow 1%ers whilst the players look on and think "what sad ********"

down-the-slope
10-03-2014, 07:57 PM
personally I think the concept of ST holders being able to get offers / access to stuff no one else can is the right one, and ive advocated for it previously.

Not every 'offer' will appeal to everyone - however this is good as well giving the opportunity its opens up our club to us the fans (as should be the case)

18/03/07
10-03-2014, 07:58 PM
They should do what Dundee Utd do, a draw for st holders before every home game and the winner gets a upgrade to the hospitality for the winner and a person of his/her choice, that would be better than the 1 in 100 imo

SteveHFC
10-03-2014, 08:03 PM
A chance to play the wii or Playstation against one of our players followed by a game of pool while enjoying a pint.

Count me in. Where do I sign.

:faf:

OsloHibs
10-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I hope I get picked! But I'm never 'lucky' with prize draws..

Onion
10-03-2014, 08:15 PM
So it's official. For Tel's Green and White Army, 99% need not apply :wink:

Or maybe they're just hoping that once the 1% experience the wonders of our training ground, these fans will also develop a "couldn't care less" attitude just like the players :wink:

silverhibee
10-03-2014, 08:20 PM
And eat lunch with your fellow 1%ers whilst the players look on and think "what sad ********"

:agree::faf:

down-the-slope
10-03-2014, 08:20 PM
........................with more unique incentives and offers being announced every day of this week!................

I guess a fair number didn't see or chose to ignore this part :confused:

davhibby
10-03-2014, 08:24 PM
........................with more unique incentives and offers being announced every day of this week!................

Most are only wanting to find the negatives, there will be things that most people will be interested in. Think it's good that the club are rewarding ST's

Mikey
10-03-2014, 08:25 PM

You're wasting your time :wink:

Alex Trager
10-03-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't think it's that bad an incentive. Would be interesting to hear their views on things. Not an earth shattering offer but could be worse

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2014, 08:26 PM

Miss World topless could be thrown in and people would throw crap at the offer. I find it a bit tedious now. Fan ownership should we go there will not be a walk in the park ...

Actually Miss World taking throw ins could be good for everyone concerned ;)

johnbc70
10-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Having been a regular season ticket holder for years I have not had one for 2 seasons now. While the club have to do something then I think there is probably nothing they can offer me that would make me buy one again, only thing would be to have a winning team on the park worthy of the £400 a season ticket costs. I am not rushing back to buy one for the 1% chance of spending a day at East Mains.

Appreciate some will say we will only get a winning team if people like me buy a ST and back the team, well I did that for a good number of years and the team and performances got worse so they had their chance.

Beefster
10-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Come on- they are trying.

Aha, the old Stevenson defence.

To be honest, I'd love to be in the meeting when a procession of marketing gurus try to convince Rodders of the merits of innovation in the ST offering. Eventually, in a state of desperation, they start suggesting sending grown men for a canteen lunch at the training centre and telling Rodders it will only cost him £2.99 per winner.

matty_f
10-03-2014, 08:36 PM
I think it's actually a pretty cool perk, to be fair. Would it make me by a season ticket on its own merits as an incentive? Probably not, however as an add-on I think it's a cracking idea. I'd love to do that, I think anything that increases the accessibility of the football club to the supporters is a good thing.
I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with.

stantonhibby
10-03-2014, 08:37 PM
You're wasting your time :wink:

Indeed. If folk don't want to buy a season ticket then that is their prerogative but i dont know why they have to still drone on and on
about it endlessly.

PatHead
10-03-2014, 08:47 PM
LWT did a presentation last season suggesting that incentives got added into the season ticket package to make up for games that were missed and the perceived lack of value a season ticket offers. Think this and other incentives might be a step in the right direction.

The Gorf
10-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Gosh, won't be able to sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Gosh, won't be able to sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

Roll up, roll up one post a throw - keep em coming...

The most original line gets a free pre-season extended whinge of their choice and the option of 3 executive seats and full catering package of dates they can't make and games they'd never consider attending - ever.

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:09 PM
It seems this first of what will be a series of offers is not going down too well with some. I suppose Hibs could have done nothing and taken the flak anyway.

They just cannae win (pun intended)

Hibercelona
10-03-2014, 09:18 PM
If the board came out and said, "We're scraping the 5 year plan and we're targeting top 3 and a cup final next season". I reckon that would be more of an incentive than anything else the club could offer.

I wouldn't hold my breath on it actually happening though.

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:18 PM
If the board came out and said, "We're scraping the 5 year plan and we're targeting top 3 and a cup final next season". I reckon that would be more of an incentive than anything else the club could offer.

I wouldn't hold my breath on it actually happening though.

And if they did?

Hibercelona
10-03-2014, 09:24 PM
And if they did?

It would show that the board are actually on the same planet as the fans.

Instead of offering us shabby deals, offer us ambition. That's what we really want.

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:25 PM
It would show that the board are actually on the same planet as the fans.

Instead of offering us shabby deals, offer us ambition. That's what we really want.

How do you know they don't have those ambitions and have elected not to shout it from the rooftops? Whatever you may think of the way Hibs are run you'd be daft to think they don't have such ambitions

Saorsa
10-03-2014, 09:33 PM
It seems this first of what will be a series of offers is not going down too well with some. I suppose Hibs could have done nothing and taken the flak anyway.

They just cannae win (pun intended)Or they could have done something like beefster suggested. I mean do the people running this club really think that efter the last 7 seasons offering stuff like this is even going tae have the slightest chance of increasing or even maintaining ST sales at their current level (and without the cup final bribe)? I mean really? Do they? If they do, they're dreaming and it's little wonder we are where we are if that is the best the people running the club can come up with!

I can just see it now. "I ken the last 7 years have been pish but never mind, this time if you give us your 400 quid you'll get a 1% chance of visiting the training centre" http://myphoto.eu/img/smiles_dark/smileySurprised.gif Better watch they dinnae get knocked over in the stampede for that.

I cycled doon tae the training centre twice last summer and watched Hibs training and it didnae cost me anything. (other than a few of the other kind of pounds :greengrin )

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Or they could have done something like beefster suggested. I mean do the people running this club really think that efter the last 7 seasons offering stuff like this is even going tae have the slightest chance of increasing or even maintaining ST sales at their current level (and without the cup final bribe)? I mean really? Do they? If they do, they're dreaming and it's little wonder we are where we are if that is the best the people running the club can come up with!

I can just see it now. "I ken the last 7 years have been pish but never mind, this time if you give us your 400 quid you'll get a 1% chance of visiting the training centre" http://myphoto.eu/img/smiles_dark/smileySurprised.gif Better watch they dinnae get knocked over in the stampede for that.

I cycled doon tae the training centre twice last summer and watched Hibs training and it didnae cost me anything.

On yer bike ya radge :greengrin

The point I'm trying to make is that at least they are coming up with offers which, like it or not, some will find decent. I don't think Hibs do expect to substantially increase ST sales through these offers but some may buy, who knows. It's also only the first in a series of offers so keep yer pencil sharpened for the next lot :greengrin

Saorsa
10-03-2014, 09:47 PM
On yer bike ya radge :greengrin

The point I'm trying to make is that at least they are coming up with offers which, like it or not, some will find decent. I don't think Hibs do expect to substantially increase ST sales through these offers but some may buy, who knows. It's also only the first in a series of offers so keep yer pencil sharpened for the next lot :greengrin:greengrin

And that's my point, why are they no doing something that will? Instead of wasting time on stuff like this.

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:51 PM
:greengrin

And that's my point, why are they no doing something that will? Instead of wasting time on stuff like this.

This is how I view it J.

ST monies go to the manager to bring in players

We all know we need new players

Anything that might help bring in more money should be supported, not derided

It's really that simple.

An 'it's not for me' would suffice from those that don't want it/aren't impressed by it, surely?

And finally, how long did it take you to cycle to EM and were you spotted lurking in the trees and bushes as you watched training? :greengrin

danhibees1875
10-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Sealed it for me, just signed up.

:tbgwa:

Pretty Boy
10-03-2014, 09:56 PM
A deal like this wouldn't tempt me to buy a ST if I hadn't already.

However it seems a decent enough prize for people who already have. I wouldn't be upset to win it.

Saorsa
10-03-2014, 09:57 PM
This is how I view it J.

ST monies go to the manager to bring in players

We all know we need new players

Anything that might help bring in more money should be supported, not derided

It's really that simple.

An 'it's not for me' would suffice from those that don't want it/aren't impressed by it, surely?

And finally, how long did it take you to cycle to EM and were you spotted lurking in the trees and bushes as you watched training? :greengrinNo that long but there's few mair steep hills on the way out there than I remembered from when I cycled out that way 15-20 years ago or maybe....:greengrin

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:59 PM
No that long but there's few mair steep hills on the way out there than I remembered from when I cycled out that way 15-20 years ago or maybe....:greengrin

No comment on the hiding bit? :greengrin

stantonhibby
10-03-2014, 10:06 PM
No that long but there's few mair steep hills on the way out there than I remembered from when I cycled out that way 15-20 years ago or maybe....:greengrin

Where exactly is east mains? Ive been down that way a few times but havent found it?

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Where exactly is east mains? Ive been down that way a few times but havent found it?

Go straight through Tranent until you come to a fork in the road. Bear right heading for Ormiston. About a couple of miles on you'll see a sign on the left saying HTC (it's not a huge sign so don't drive too fast).

stantonhibby
10-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Go straight through Tranent until you come to a fork in the road. Bear right heading for Ormiston. About a couple of miles on you'll see a sign on the left saying HTC (it's not a huge sign so don't drive too fast).

Cheers

Saorsa
10-03-2014, 10:11 PM
No comment on the hiding bit? :greengrinI never noticed any trees that big TBH so I just sat on a seat. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I never noticed any trees that big TBH so I just sat on a seat.

:faf: :top marks

snooky
10-03-2014, 10:37 PM

In addition to JB's directions, here's a small point worth noting. There's two forks in the road. One at the east end of Tranent and one on the road that heads south east out of Tranent.
If you are coming from the Edinburgh direction, ensure that you bear right at the traffic lights at the east end of the main street - there's a car dealership on the corner. (The old "straight through Tranent" road will take you to Macmerry & Haddington).
Also, bear right at the fork on the outskirts. (The left fork goes to Pencaitland.)

GreenCastle
10-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I get the feeling they have just read hibs.net and realised we need to do more to sell tickets.

They then thought what is a cost effective way of getting supporters involved and posted it online today when the tickets have been onsale since last week.

I like the idea of free hospitality before a game done by a draw in the week before the game.

What about if we buy X amount of season tickets -the first 1000 to buy lowers in price by XX amount. The 2nd 1000 by X amount etc.

Loyalty should be rewarded also - especially for the last few years - in any business loyal customers should be looked after - I don't get that feeling at ER - we are just another number sometimes.

Jones28
10-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Ffs do you think they're doing this exclusively to sell ST's? It's a wee bonus for those that do. The board might not have delivered on the pitch for a long time, but off it they have gotten a lot right.

bob12345
10-03-2014, 10:51 PM
I think anything that the club can do which engages more loyal fans and doesn't cost them is worth doing. It's win-win.

The mistake here, from a marketing point of view, is leading off a week of unique incentives with one of the weaker ones. If they had led with something a bit stronger and followed up with this, I doubt it'd have got the same amount of flak.

I like the idea of the hospitality upgrade. I'd also be keen on the idea of doing something a bit more momentous when every thousand was hit. I'm not sure if the U20s and EOS games charge and if they're free for season ticket holders, but if not, that's the kind of incentive that could be thrown in. And things like friendlies.

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 10:51 PM
In addition to JB's directions, here's a small point worth noting. There's two forks in the road. One at the east end of Tranent and one on the road that heads south east out of Tranent.
If you are coming from the Edinburgh direction, ensure that you bear right at the traffic lights at the east end of the main street - there's a car dealership on the corner. (The old "straight through Tranent" road will take you to Macmerry & Haddington).
Also, bear right at the fork on the outskirts. (The left fork goes to Pencaitland.)

Cheers snooky. Much clearer than mine :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2014, 11:01 PM
All clubs will side with the fans and blame tv yet take the money. There should be some form of compensation.

Loyalty in a variety of forms should be rewarded.

If season ticket holders continue to be mucked about without compensation they should get something unique for their troubles (I think the club started to do this with the free ST draw each day for the 2 weeks of sign up) - maybe monthly draws? Or an draw for 100 people to attend an audience with Terry & Mo? Or build in draws to experience the match days offerings (might drum up more demand?)

from the St Renewals Thread post #18. Spooky - wonder who wrote that ;)

stevejordan
10-03-2014, 11:02 PM
At least the club are trying to tempt fans to renew or buy a season book for me £400 pound is way to much for what is on show week on week to be honest the last home game i went to i PAG The football was painfull on the eye and we got beat the abuse and vile demeanour of the supporters around me was horrific.

I Will keep to pay at gate and go when i feel i can cope Easter Road is a happy sunny place when we are winning but when getting beat it is a dark stormy night and very painfull these days

givescotlandfreedom
10-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Will there be an opportunity for us to boo the players whilst watching the training? That should shift a few from folk on here.

Hibby70
10-03-2014, 11:16 PM
When I went to the New York Knicks about 10 years ago they picked a season ticket holder out of the crowd who then had to throw from the half way line.

Prize kept rolling over and was about $100,000 if he'd got it in.

Hibs could do something similar but with a chance to win£10k if they hit the crossbar?

SteveHFC
10-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Will there be an opportunity for us to boo the players whilst watching the training? That should shift a few from folk on here.

Hopefully :greengrin

Beefster
11-03-2014, 06:52 AM

No-one should ever go straight through Tranent. Everyone should stop off for a yum-yum from Greggs and a pint from the Brig to experience the famous Belter hospitality.

In fact, that's the prize Hibs should be offering.

Kojock
11-03-2014, 07:38 AM
And when your eating your yum yum and drinking your pint the Brig regulars will be away bonking your wife.

weonlywon6-2
11-03-2014, 07:45 AM
And when your eating your yum yum and drinking your pint the Brig regulars will be away bonking your wife.

that made me laugh at this early time of the morning!!

if your wife aint with you your mate could end up with a sore bottom

Beefster
11-03-2014, 08:47 AM

A small price to pay for such a prize.

BT58
11-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Thats a Belter !!!!!!

Mcpakeisgod
11-03-2014, 12:09 PM
What a bunch of whining old sods.

Gatecrasher
11-03-2014, 12:40 PM
nice idea from Hibs, no doubt it would be interesting day for those lucky enough.

Gerard
11-03-2014, 12:46 PM
This is a good idea and part of making Hibs a better football experience. The main part has to be a winning football team:wink:

Kojock
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Now this is an incentive.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140311/tbgawa-home-and-away_2262950_3708399:aok:

Today we announce the second in a series of five "once in a lifetime" Season Ticket Membership incentives - an ultra-exclusive Home and Away Season Ticket worth around £2500.

One new or renewing season ticket member - plus a friend - will each win a ticket for every home match at Easter Road Stadium, every away match, plus travel to away matches.

To qualify, you need to sign up for Terry Butcher's Green and White Army by the end of the Early Bird window, which closes on 31 March and the winner of the random draw will be announced on 1 April.

To make sure you are in the draw sign up by booking online now.

To make it as easy as possible to support your Club you can spread the cost of your membership by signing up to our interest free, 11-month payment plan.

Join our recruits - and look out for further special offers and incentives aimed at rewarding the loyalty of our supporters all this week.

#TBGAWA

lucky
11-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Now this is an incentive.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140311/tbgawa-home-and-away_2262950_3708399:aok:

Today we announce the second in a series of five "once in a lifetime" Season Ticket Membership incentives - an ultra-exclusive Home and Away Season Ticket worth around £2500.

One new or renewing season ticket member - plus a friend - will each win a ticket for every home match at Easter Road Stadium, every away match, plus travel to away matches.

To qualify, you need to sign up for Terry Butcher's Green and White Army by the end of the Early Bird window, which closes on 31 March and the winner of the random draw will be announced on 1 April.

To make sure you are in the draw sign up by booking online now.

To make it as easy as possible to support your Club you can spread the cost of your membership by signing up to our interest free, 11-month payment plan.

Join our recruits - and look out for further special offers and incentives aimed at rewarding the loyalty of our supporters all this week.

#TBGAWA

Now that is a very good offer

Mikey
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Now that is a very good offer

It is, isn't it.

Being told you've won that on April Fool's Day will raise suspicions :greengrin

I wonder if it'll spawn another 3 pages of discussion..............

Kojock
11-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Includes travel to away matches, wonder if Rod picks you up at the house. Maybe its with the team bus. :wink:

Jonnyboy
11-03-2014, 07:37 PM
It is, isn't it.

Being told you've won that on April Fool's Day will raise suspicions :greengrin

I wonder if it'll spawn another 3 pages of discussion..............

Doubtful I reckon :wink:

snooky
11-03-2014, 08:30 PM

Not nearly as bad as watching Sparky in a Celtc strip though :sick:

lyonhibs
12-03-2014, 05:51 AM
A better basic price and football related benefits for ALL ST holders should have been part of this ST offering, not gimmicky '1 in 8000' benefits, no matter how cool.

Am I correct in thinking there is no free cup top up for early renewals this year??

Baffling if so IMO

Saorsa
12-03-2014, 09:44 AM
A better basic price and football related benefits for ALL ST holders should have been part of this ST offering, not gimmicky '1 in 8000' benefits, no matter how cool.

Am I correct in thinking there is no free cup top up for early renewals this year??

Baffling if so IMOIt wisnae free last year, it was half price @ £25 but at that price it was worth a punt, @ £50 I imagine most will tell them tae stick it. I agree with your first point though, the offers will reward the few lucky winners, how about the other 8000 who have stuck with it over the last 7 years of utter tripe.

For me these offers (while the prize might be great for the winner) are tinkering round the edges and nowt mair, what is needed is a mair dynamic and creative pricing structure for all.

Irish_Steve
15-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Have any winners been announced? can`t see owt on the official page, would hate to think my winning email went straight to the spam folder

hibee_girl
15-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Have any winners been announced? can`t see owt on the official page, would hate to think my winning email went straight to the spam folder

The draw isn't until April

Irish_Steve
15-03-2014, 08:01 PM
The draw isn't until April

The 1 in 100 scheme was launched on 10th March and it says the first winners will be announced within 24 hrs

Hibercelona
15-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Includes travel to away matches, wonder if Rod picks you up at the house. Maybe its with the team bus. :wink:

You'll travel to games on the empty vengabus. (You drive) :agree:

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2014, 08:04 PM

That might be worth entering. :wink: