PDA

View Full Version : NHC Only in Scotland?

JeMeSouviens
10-03-2014, 10:13 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-26514381

... would we leave parts of a stadium unsold for a cup final when one of the finalists has demand for more tickets. :rolleyes: Does anywhere else even come close to the sustained level of incompetent administration that Scottish football has to put up with?

hibbysam
10-03-2014, 10:22 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-26514381

... would we leave parts of a stadium unsold for a cup final when one of the finalists has demand for more tickets. :rolleyes: Does anywhere else even come close to the sustained level of incompetent administration that Scottish football has to put up with?
Where does it say that parts of the stadium will be unsold? What if caley fans were waiting until the game on Wednesday night to buy tickets only to have these tickets sent to Aberdeen? 40k is more than apt for Aberdeen and caley shouldn't get less than 10k!

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Just amazing. :rolleyes:

Monts
10-03-2014, 10:27 AM
There will be neutral tickets for all the sponsors etc too to factor in

Zondervan
10-03-2014, 10:34 AM
It is the section above the Caley fans, behind the goals. Caley only asked for 10k, which is the whole of the bottom tier.

Surely they could just block off the first few rows of the top tier and let the Sheep use the rest, with stewards and cops policing it?

Nah, that is just too simple.

JeMeSouviens
10-03-2014, 10:36 AM
The Sheep have been allowed to sell into the corner (411, 412) but the the upper tier above the ICT fans is to be left empty.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_325__afcvictstadiumplan_1393000675_standard.jp g

Is putting Sheep above Highlanders really a problem? They could leave a couple of rows at the front but I doubt there's even a need for that. It's not Huns we're talking about here.
Why give ICT lower only? Presumably just because they thought it would look better on the telly?

Zondervan
10-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Inverness were initially allocated half the stand i.e. half the top and half the bottom tiers. They complained and asked for the bottom tier only and got this. In doing so, segregation became an issue, which is what we are now finding out.

Edit. Here is the original plan.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/10/duzy6eqa.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Is putting Sheep above Highlanders really a problem? They could leave a couple of rows at the front but I doubt there's even a need for that. It's not Huns we're talking about here.
Why give ICT lower only? Presumably just because they thought it would look better on the telly?

every lowlander knows it's normally the Highlander on top of the sheep

baaah

Waxy
10-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Yep there'll be a fair bit baaahing and meeehing at this final.

StevieC
10-03-2014, 11:23 AM
My understanding is that ICT were initially given that shan corner that away fans normally get (with the restricted views?).

They (quite rightly) complained and the next option, for a 10k allocation, was the lower part of the stand. This of course meant segregation issues for the upper part of the stand, which was just part and parcel of the change.

I think Aberdeen have got a pretty sizeable allocation so they can't complain too much.

Just_Jimmy
10-03-2014, 12:18 PM
it's pretty poor for the fans who miss out from either side but Aberdeen got 40k.

they play in front of 10k approx. everyone who should get one - IE that 10k got one.

screw the rest of the glory hunters. Same goes for us when we're in the finals.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2014, 12:40 PM
it's pretty poor for the fans who miss out from either side but Aberdeen got 40k.

they play in front of 10k approx. everyone who should get one - IE that 10k got one.

Deary me, imagine having the cheek to want to go to a football match? :rolleyes:

Just_Jimmy
10-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Deary me, imagine having the cheek to want to go to a football match? :rolleyes:

It's not really about that though is it?

It's more about - imagine only giving enough of a damn to make an effort for big games. Sure, there will always be exceptions, such as overseas fans, regular walk up fans and guy who can't go for reasons such as work. You can't fool me that Aberdeen, or Hibs for that matter, have 25-30,000 fans who can fall under these categories though? More likely there's 10,000 or so going 'for the day out', who will try and ruin it for real fans by telling people to 'sit down' or 'be quiet'. We had 7000 fans at Hampden when we beat Rangers in 2004, then 40,000 at Hampden against Livingston for the final. Where were the other 33,000 that night? or the rest of the season? I do accept that people make an effort for big games, but my point is they can hardly complain such as Aberdeen appear to be doing, when they can't get a ticket. Watch it on TV, like they do every other week.

I've made it pretty clear I won't renew my season ticket next year, I'll still go when I can and if I feel the product is worth it, should Hibs make a final and I can't get a ticket then I won't be complaining about it. I got tickets no problem when I've had season tickets. Swings and roundabouts.

FifeHibernian
10-03-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't get it when people slag off glory-hunters at finals. How do they imagine clubs grow? Scrappy 1-0 league games? I suppose it would be annoying if the glory-hunters took up the dedicated fans places but that clearly isn't the case here.

Just_Jimmy
10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I don't get it when people slag off glory-hunters at finals. How do they imagine clubs grow? Scrappy 1-0 league games? I suppose it would be annoying if the glory-hunters took up the dedicated fans places but that clearly isn't the case here.

If that was true I'd agree. How often to crowds really grow and sustain that growth after finals though? It's also more about slagging of the people who moan about not getting a ticket - when 40k have been sold. If you don't get one, or know someone who could get you one from that 40k then you are either ridiculously unlucky or not a real fan.

Every Aberdeen fan that wanted to be there and deserves to be there will be there. The rest who are complaining will be over it by the Monday morning.

Keith_M
10-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Have Aberdeen already sold their whole allocation? If so, there appears to be four empty sections available in the North East Corner, above their own fans. Why not just put some Aberdeen fans in there?

Jones28
10-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Would it not be better to have those seats occupied?

FifeHibernian
10-03-2014, 01:41 PM
If that was true I'd agree. How often to crowds really grow and sustain that growth after finals though? It's also more about slagging of the people who moan
about not getting a ticket - when 40k have been sold. If you don't get one, or know someone who could get you one from that 40k then you are either ridiculously unlucky or not a real fan.

Every Aberdeen fan that wanted to be there and deserves to be there will be there. The rest who are complaining will be over it by the Monday morning.

As a one of then no, fans don't immediately start going to all the home games just because they went to a final. However, the more a team reach finals the more likely people who were originally glory-hunters will start taking an interest and turn up for more run-of-the-mill league games. That's just how it works.

Yeah, they probably will get over it soon enough but it'd just be better if more people could go. Think how much money that could generate for each club.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2014, 01:51 PM
It's not really about that though is it?

It's more about - imagine only giving enough of a damn to make an effort for big games. Sure, there will always be exceptions, such as overseas fans, regular walk up fans and guy who can't go for reasons such as work. You can't fool me that Aberdeen, or Hibs for that matter, have 25-30,000 fans who can fall under these categories though? More likely there's 10,000 or so going 'for the day out', who will try and ruin it for real fans by telling people to 'sit down' or 'be quiet'. We had 7000 fans at Hampden when we beat Rangers in 2004, then 40,000 at Hampden against Livingston for the final. Where were the other 33,000 that night? or the rest of the season? I do accept that people make an effort for big games, but my point is they can hardly complain such as Aberdeen appear to be doing, when they can't get a ticket. Watch it on TV, like they do every other week.

I've made it pretty clear I won't renew my season ticket next year, I'll still go when I can and if I feel the product is worth it, should Hibs make a final and I can't get a ticket then I won't be complaining about it. I got tickets no problem when I've had season tickets. Swings and roundabouts.

Yes it is, if they did what you think they could play the game at easter road. The point is they ground holds 60k, and they are leaving part of it closed when there is demand for more. How is this in anyway good practice?

It makes no difference whatsoever what these people do any other saturday in the season, they deserve to be able to get a ticket for the game if there are spaces left. I really dont understand why anyone would say any different.

Plenty of people have stopped going, but put the years in previously. They deserve the chance to go if there is space.

jgl07
10-03-2014, 02:47 PM
every lowlander knows it's normally the Highlander on top of the sheep

Hey McLeod get off of that ewe!

(With apologies to the Rolling Stones).

PeterboroHibee
10-03-2014, 02:57 PM

Id say thats a fair point. Aberdeen's average home attendance this year, in a season where they are flying high, is around 12,000. Based on tickets sold so far theres approximately 28,000 more people going to the final who either only occasionally go to Aberdeen games, or just dont full stop.

You obviously always get an increase in the number of fans attending a cup final compared to the usual league turn out, but its ridiculous that Aberdeen dont fill Pittodrie every week if they can get those sort of numbers turning up.

Keith_M
10-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Id say thats a fair point. Aberdeen's average home attendance this year, in a season where they are flying high, is around 12,000. Based on tickets sold so far theres approximately 28,000 more people going to the final who either only occasionally go to Aberdeen games, or just dont full stop.

You obviously always get an increase in the number of fans attending a cup final compared to the usual league turn out, but its ridiculous that Aberdeen dont fill Pittodrie every week if they can get those sort of numbers turning up.

We sold 38,000 tickets for the League Cup final against Livingston, our whole allocation of 30k+ against Killie plus our whole allocation of 22k against Hearts and Celtc. That rather condems the Hibs support in the same manner then.