PDA

View Full Version : Pint half full

worcesterhibby
10-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Was working all weekend, so just watched the highlights. we scored three and could have had more. Great comeback against a very accomplished Motherwell side. Cracking finish from Heff was nice to see. definitely an improvement on the Utd game. Stanton seemed to do well again and Hanlon looked better than he has done for a couple of matches. Manager still far from satisfied and berating his team post match for conceding goals rather than deflecting criticism and suggesting we were unlucky not to win - good attitude.

Maybe I'm just too happy clappy, but bodes well for me. The rise may not be meteoric…but it feels to me as if we ARE rising. It feels like two steps forward, one step back sometimes which is hardly surprising…but that is still one step forward in total !!

hibseleven
10-03-2014, 10:44 AM
i thought we were a lot better than against United who I think are a far better team than Motherwell. Second half was decent, and a good spirit to fight back. Stanton was class, although it was annoying that (first half) the more experienced centre midfielder, who is also Captain, was content to let a 19 yr old laddie try and get the team going.

PeeJay
10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Was working all weekend, so just watched the highlights. we scored three and could have had more. Great comeback against a very accomplished Motherwell side. Cracking finish from Heff was nice to see. definitely an improvement on the Utd game. Stanton seemed to do well again and Hanlon looked better than he has done for a couple of matches. Manager still far from satisfied and berating his team post match for conceding goals rather than deflecting criticism and suggesting we were unlucky not to win - good attitude.

Maybe I'm just too happy clappy, but bodes well for me. The rise may not be meteoric…but it feels to me as if we ARE rising. It feels like two steps forward, one step back sometimes which is hardly surprising…but that is still one step forward in total !!

Not sure - a step sideways maybe? The highlights don't give a true reflection of the game as a whole, I feel - 1st half we were beyond atrocious - 2nd half we were decent in spells, Collins and Hayes work hard, but to no tangible effect. The comeback surprised me - didn't think that 1st half team had it in them. The loss of the 3rd goal was however, no big surprise - how we can*t defend a hard-fought for lead in the last minute of stoppage time is a mystery to me ... not convinced by this team at all.

SaulGoodman
10-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I went absolutely mental when Heff's goal went in.

Which was nice.

Alex Trager
10-03-2014, 11:07 AM
To be honest I felt like Hibs weren't that bad in the first half. Or maybe I feel that they weren't much better than us. We were creating the more chances and had two poor defensive, three poor defensive moments, which obviously can't be ignored. But I never felt as if motherwell were the better team. Especially in the second half. We were by far the better side