PDA

View Full Version : Festival thread 2014

Northernhibee
09-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Thread for festival goings on, what festivals you're going to, line-up announcements and so forth.

Major festival acts are being announced here and there now, TITP have Biffy, Calvin Harris and Arctic Monkeys as headliners with Paolo Nutini subbing Harris along with acts like Pharrell Williams, Embrace, Inspiral Carpets, Pixies, Ellie Goulding etc.. V has Justin Timberlake and The Killers, Reading and Leeds has Blink 182, IoW is headlined by Biffy, RHCP and KoL. Glastonbury is still to be announced but the likely headliners are Arcade Fire, Metallica and Kasabian with Dolly Parton playing the legends slot.

What festivals is everyone going to?

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Theres already a thread for Cheltenham, the main festival of the year, in the other sports forum.

Hibee87
09-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Seems to be the same old bands every year, kol, kasabian, biffy, killers etc.....tbh ive lost my mojo for festivals. With the exception of the pixies the rest of the titp line up is a bit meh to me

Northernhibee
09-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Seems to be the same old bands every year, kol, kasabian, biffy, killers etc.....tbh ive lost my mojo for festivals. With the exception of the pixies the rest of the titp line up is a bit meh to me

I was losing mine until I made Glasto my only big festival each year. Including hidden stages, comedy stages, acoustic stages, DJ stages, spoken word stages etc. there's about 80 stages there and a great variety - arrive Tuesday night and leave Monday morning. Great value and huge fun.

The smaller festivals are where the fun is at nowadays Glasto aside. Usually a varied lineup and nicer people, less neds.

HibeeLR
09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Only festival I would consider going to this year is creamfields, brilliant line up if your into electronic stuff like me :D

Dinkydoo
10-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Dominator in Eindhoven for me this year I think. Won't be a popular choice though.... :greengrin

Dalianwanda
10-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Primavera for the fifth year running. Just love everything about it, organisers always do an amazing job picking acts..vibes deadly

Body and soul festival - missed last year but going back this year. Amazing attention to detail in decorating the site..loads of things going on apart from tunes..love it..(and I'm going without the girlfriend this year so nice to be let of lead hehe)

Maybe something else as well...3s enough for any year

Sylar
10-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Slam Dunk (May) and Vans Warped Tour (November) are only ones I'm thinking about going to. Might consider a day ticket for the Isle of Wight to see Biffy.

Jones28
10-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Leeds/Reading looks a no brainer for any music fan.

Also fancy Isle of Wight, anyone else ever been?

Godsahibby
11-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Heard great things about it last year so I fancy heading up to the Black Isle Brewery festival, otherwise known as Jocktoberfest. Mates had a great time last year.

http://www.jocktoberfest.com/

brian6-2
11-03-2014, 08:42 AM
sonar and possibly exit for me this year.

Sylar
11-03-2014, 05:48 PM

Would politely disagree - save a few acts, I think it's an incredibly poor lineup this year.

Fancy the Friday and Saturday lineup at Download this year - tons of excellent bands playing this year with no overload of oldies.

Dalianwanda
11-03-2014, 06:26 PM
http://www.supersonicfestival.com

Would highly recommend this festival and would be going if it didn't clash with Primavera....I was there 2 years ago (wasn't on last year) Really great venue, some crazy good avent garde acts & the best sound system Ive ever heard at any gig....Bass at Hype Williams almost had me soil myself..

Northernhibee
11-03-2014, 09:13 PM

Personally thought that the Reading and Leeds lineup is really, really generic.

Really excited about seeing Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 at Glasto and hopefully the Sunday evening will be nice and sunny for Dolly Parton.

Carheenlea
12-03-2014, 07:11 PM

Jones28
12-03-2014, 08:13 PM

That's spot on to be fair hahaha

Zazu62
13-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Exit festival in Serbia hopefully via Budapest ;)

Zazu62
13-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Fancy Bestival in September tae cos it looks gid

Haymaker
13-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Exit festival in Serbia hopefully via Budapest ;)

Always wanted to go to Exit Fest!

Allant1981
13-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Going to titp for the first time this year

Craig_HFC
14-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Pukkelpop in Belgium

http://www.pukkelpop.be/en/

Northernhibee
08-05-2014, 09:22 PM

Glasto line-up announced. Bit of a bizarre one this year - London Sinfionneta Orchestra, Dolly Parton, Metallica, English National Ballet, Pixies, Skrillex and Robert Plant sharing the same bill...

Loads of little treats in the midcard.

Calvin
08-05-2014, 10:46 PM

Glasto line-up announced. Bit of a bizarre one this year - London Sinfionneta Orchestra, Dolly Parton, Metallica, English National Ballet, Pixies, Skrillex and Robert Plant sharing the same bill...

Loads of little treats in the midcard.
It is a weird one. As with all festivals I tend to avoid the main stage but at the same time I really want to see Arcade Fire!

brian6-2
09-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Anyone here going to Sonar? be good to hook up if even to watch england get pumped on sat 14th.

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 04:44 PM

Apparently Lana del Rey was there one year and I missed it - when I found out I jumped out the window.

I'm heading to the Wickerman festival to see Dizzie Rascal :cb

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Would politely disagree - save a few acts, I think it's an incredibly poor lineup this year.

Fancy the Friday and Saturday lineup at Download this year - tons of excellent bands playing this year with no overload of oldies.

Are Korn going to be there?

Northernhibee
08-06-2014, 01:35 PM
It is a weird one. As with all festivals I tend to avoid the main stage but at the same time I really want to see Arcade Fire!

Taking a Hibs top to Glasto?

Calvin
08-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Taking a Hibs top to Glasto?

I think the chances of me wearing a Hibs top in public any time soon are quite slim!

Northernhibee
08-06-2014, 03:51 PM
I think the chances of me wearing a Hibs top in public any time soon are quite slim!

Planning on taking at least a couple. No matter what happens proud to be a Hibee!

(If you see a fat bloke at Glasto in a Hibs shirt, buy him a pint)

Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Calvin
08-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Planning on taking at least a couple. No matter what happens proud to be a Hibee!

(If you see a fat bloke at Glasto in a Hibs shirt, buy him a pint)

Who are you looking forward to seeing?

I'm going with the wife so she would veto any soccer shirts on style grounds!

I'm not really overly fussed on most of the lineup actually. Public Service Broadcasting, Chvrches, Interpol, the Manics, Pixies, Billy Bragg, The Selecter seem to be early forerunners to go and see.

Who are you hoping to catch?

Northernhibee
08-06-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm going with the wife so she would veto any soccer shirts on style grounds!

I'm not really overly fussed on most of the lineup actually. Public Service Broadcasting, Chvrches, Interpol, the Manics, Pixies, Billy Bragg, The Selecter seem to be early forerunners to go and see.

Who are you hoping to catch?

De La Soul, Mogwai, Billy Bragg, Pixies, Kelis, Dolly Parton, Tune-Yards Bonobo, Jurassic 5 and Brian Jonestown Massacre for me.

Dalianwanda
08-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Primavera highlights were haxan cloak, mogwai, Daniel Avery, nine inch nails and future islands...also bumping into arcade fire outside a tapas bar with no one else around...chvrches weren't great but that could have been down to the sound of the singer..

Great festival as always

Dalianwanda
20-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Body and soul solstice festival today...caribou, darkside, Jon Hopkins, James Holden, goldfrapp, gary Newman, Jon grant and max Romeo amongst others..gonna be hippy dippy deadly!

Northernhibee
20-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Glasto weather looking 'interesting' just now. Just bought some gaitors and looking out the trusty hiking boots for a good waterproofing.