PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Scottish Cup Semi's

macca70
09-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Both Semi's to be played at Neutral venue's, with Hampden out of action and the final at Parkhead, so both Semi's will be at Ibrox.

How's that fair on Dundee Utd, if Rangers beat Albion Rovers in the replay? Hardly neutral!! Interesting to see how they split the stadium, if it is neutral.

Just because Hampden is in Glasgow, why does the temporary replacement have to be in Glasgow, surely Tannadice would be big enough for Aberdeen V St J semi or ER. ER would probs be perfect size, doubt there will be much more than 20k.

Only The SFA could arrange for Rangers to play a Semi Final at a neutral venue and play the game at Ibrox!!

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2014, 05:08 PM
They should've waited - one semi at ER (Aberdeen) the other at Parkhead, with the Final also being at Parkhead would have meant all neutral venues and all venues big enough.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Both Semi's to be played at Neutral venue's, with Hampden out of action and the final at Parkhead, so both Semi's will be at Ibrox.

How's that fair on Dundee Utd, if Rangers beat Albion Rovers in the replay? Hardly neutral!! Interesting to see how they split the stadium, if it is neutral.

Just because Hampden is in Glasgow, why does the temporary replacement have to be in Glasgow, surely Tannadice would be big enough for Aberdeen V St J semi or ER. ER would probs be perfect size, doubt there will be much more than 20k.

Only The SFA could arrange for Rangers to play a Semi Final at a neutral venue and play the game at Ibrox!!
I think Aberdeen or United would take Rangers apart at Ibrox , and Aberdeen could take 20 ,000 especially if they win the League Cup .United might fill one stand behind goal .

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2014, 07:33 PM
If there's one thing every football fan in Scotland is certain of, it's that there's no such thing as neutrality at Ibrox. However, if they get past Albion Rovers in the replay, they will be so outclassed by Dundee United that no amount of dodgy decisions will rescue them.

reversep
09-03-2014, 08:34 PM
If there's one thing every football fan in Scotland is certain of, it's that there's no such thing as neutrality at Ibrox. However, if they get past Albion Rovers in the replay, they will be so outclassed by Dundee United that no amount of dodgy decisions will rescue them.

Never underestimate the power of the officials to even things out for der hun at Ibrox in a Scottish Cup Semi.
Look no further than todays equalizer for evidence.

LancashireHibby
09-03-2014, 09:19 PM
I actually think it would annoy the Huns far more to see 20,000 Dons take over Greyskull than playing them elsewhere.

davidw
09-03-2014, 11:19 PM
I actually think it would annoy the Huns far more to see 20,000 Dons take over Greyskull than playing them elsewhere.

While I agree, none of this is the point, is it? The point is that the whole principal of the competition is that it's knock-out ties over one leg, but when you get to the semi-finals and final, they are played at a neutral venue.

How on earth this is allowed - without seemingly any complaints (have there been any?) - is beyond me.