PDA

View Full Version : ICT game midweek

Spike Mandela
09-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Can we build on decent second half versus Motherwell? Hopefully Yogi might be resting players for LC final next Sunday but, if not, surely we can take advantage of the fact ICT players will have one eye on their big day out.

Pretty Boy
09-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm staking a claim to start the matchday thread again. A spirited draw is surely worth another go so I'll do my bit.

Heisenberg
09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
I think we'll win.

truehibernian
09-03-2014, 12:32 PM
What's in our favour is JH will definitely want to rest key players for the cup final - I predict a win.

Capt Mainwaring
09-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Following the ridiculous decision to ask Inverness to play the League Cup Semi at Easter Road with a 12.15 KO - Inverness are entitled to feel aggrieved that no-one in authority is doing them any favours now that they are being asked to play today and a game on Wednesday before a national cup final next weekend

cleanyman
09-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Dean Brill is good

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-03-2014, 12:59 PM
I hope ICT defend like that on Wednesday we might have a chance.

craigmounthibby
09-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Following the ridiculous decision to ask Inverness to play the League Cup Semi at Easter Road with a 12.15 KO - Inverness are entitled to feel aggrieved that no-one in authority is doing them any favours now that they are being asked to play today and a game on Wednesday before a national cup final next weekend
Correct. Total joke.

Spike Mandela
09-03-2014, 01:12 PM
ICT getting humped 3-0 by Utd in first half of Scottish cup game today. Maybe their mind is alredy on next week.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2014, 01:14 PM
It seems totally unfair .are they playing the following midweek as if not then that at least wouldn't of given Aberdeen the Advantage of fresh legs.Yogi should play second string in protest and if we profit from that then so be it You wonder if the powers that be really have all the clubs best interests at heart when making these decisions.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Tansey straight red card. Suspended for Wednesday night.

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2014, 01:15 PM
straight red for tansey(dangerous play) so will he miss wednesdays game against us ?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 01:17 PM
straight red for tansey(dangerous play) so will he miss wednesdays game against us ?

I'm not sure.

It's not violent conduct so he might miss Inverness' next game in the Scottish Cup.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure.

It's not violent conduct so he might miss Inverness' next game in the Scottish Cup.

I'm sure a red card means you miss the next game regardless of competition. 2 yellows are different.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm sure a red card means you miss the next game regardless of competition. 2 yellows are different.

You're probably right there actually.

I actually think a straight red card was a bit harsh and it's possible Inverness might appeal it.

If they do, there's a chance the appeal won't be heard before Wednesday night so he might be able to play against us.

ekhibee
09-03-2014, 02:20 PM
The commentator at the ICT v DU cup tie said that Tansey will miss the midweek game.

Aldo
09-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I wonder if the likes of Mackay will be rested midweek with the Final next weekend??

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 02:48 PM
I wonder if the likes of Mackay will be rested midweek with the Final next weekend??

Undoubtedly.

I would be shocked if any of their main players, such as McKay, Shinnie, Foran and Doran played on Wednesday.

Aldo
09-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Undoubtedly. I would be shocked if any of their main players, such as McKay, Shinnie, Foran and Doran played on Wednesday.

Watched most of the game today and have to say I really liked the look of Shinnie.

neil7908
09-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Inverness missing 2 players on Wednesday through suspension, coming off a drubbing today and with a cup final coming up next - we really need to be looking to win this game.

Hope we start with the same team that ended the game minus Handling for Cairney and give it a go.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they had their ****test team out and still won:faf but in all seriousness, if they defend like that against us, I predict a hattrick for the Heff:wink:

Hermit Crab
09-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Hibs 23/10 on Wednesday on 365

weonlywon6-2
09-03-2014, 05:10 PM
What's in our favour is JH will definitely want to rest key players for the cup final - I predict a win.

hughes would be crazy to put a full team out,they will need a bit of rest before the final.
surely we can pick up the three points

Ronniekirk
09-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Inverness missing 2 players on Wednesday through suspension, coming off a drubbing today and with a cup final coming up next - we really need to be looking to win this game.

Hope we start with the same team that ended the game minus Handling for Cairney and give it a go.
Have to disagree about dropping Cairney Having watched handling against Killie and Cairney yesterday against Motherwell ,Cairney offers more going forward Three assists yesterday and he wasn't on top of his game .

Gus Fring
09-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Have to disagree about dropping Cairney Having watched handling against Killie and Cairney yesterday against Motherwell ,Cairney offers more going forward Three assists yesterday and he wasn't on top of his game .

I think you're nothing making the same point here. He's saying the 11 that finished the match but with Cairney on instead of Handling.

Mikey
09-03-2014, 05:32 PM
ICT have a few first choice players suspended for the final (sent off or booked in the semi) so they're likely to play on Wednesday night.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
ICT have a few first choice players suspended for the final (sent off or booked in the semi) so they're likely to play on Wednesday night.

Gary Warren's the only one suspended for the final.

Josh Meekings (the other one sent off in the semi) got his red card downgraded to a yellow after a successful appeal.

Baldy Foghorn
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Hibs 23/10 on Wednesday on 365

You won't be backing us of course, as you think we will take nil points from four away games.....

Mikey
09-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Gary Warren's the only one suspended for the final.

Josh Meekings (the other one sent off in the semi) got his red card downgraded to a yellow after a successful appeal.

Cheers, didn't know that.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Undoubtedly.

I would be shocked if any of their main players, such as McKay, Shinnie, Foran and Doran played on Wednesday.

sad times when we are worrying over inverness players.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Cairney
Taiwo
Stanton
Stevenson

Heffernan