PDA

View Full Version : "The players will be walking back from Inverness if they play like they did 1st half"

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Bucher said the above in an interview after the game on HibernianTV. He says "they have been told, we'll just leave them there." I giggled when I heard it but it's good to see him saying things like that. Mentions that he was taking stick from the crowd about the teams performance and that they will be working on throw ins, for and agaist. Aswell as clearances because it was schoolboy defending. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hg06VI6ER-g#

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Bump:wink:

Centre Hawf
10-03-2014, 07:51 AM
He wants us to play well AND take good throw ins? Christ he's no asking for much. :wink:

SaulGoodman
10-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Getting Hibs to take a good throw might be the most daunting task a manager has ever undertaken.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2014, 07:57 AM
He wants us to play well AND take good throw ins? Christ he's no asking for much. :wink:

We haven't been able to take throw ins since Alex Miller's days.

Centre Hawf
10-03-2014, 08:29 AM

I think I saw us keep the ball from a throw in once back in 2005, the sun was in my eyes that day mind so I could be wrong.

Ronniekirk
10-03-2014, 08:31 AM
And some of these players would struggle to walk back from Inverness..:wink:

Baw187
10-03-2014, 08:37 AM
And some of these players would struggle to walk back from Inverness..:wink:

In fairness, most people would struggle to walk back from Inverness. It's a fair swagger back to Edinburgh!

Billychaotic182
10-03-2014, 08:49 AM
I've said for years now that we were Pi$h at throw ins. Can't believe it's taken this long to work on it. Nothing is more frustrating that watching Lewis Stevenson with the ball above his head looking for someone to make a move and no one ever does. It takes years off my life lol

Gerard
10-03-2014, 09:57 AM
It will make them very fit if they have to walk home. If they win and that is a massive if; I hope TB buys the team a fish supper:wink:

dangermouse
10-03-2014, 11:05 AM
It will make them very fit if they have to walk home. If they win and that is a massive if; I hope TB buys the team a fish supper:wink:

One between the team or one each :wink:

silverhibee
10-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Lewis Stevenson should be no where near throw-ins.

A whole team that can't take or defend throw-ins, never any urgency to get things done, last time i seen a decent throw in by Hibs players was at ER between Booth and Riordan and it resulted in a goal from them.

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Lewis Stevenson should be no where near throw-ins.

A whole team that can't take or defend throw-ins, never any urgency to get things done, last time i seen a decent throw in by Hibs players was at ER between Booth and Riordan and it resulted in a goal from them.

for me this is one of the most bloody annoying things, when Collins was manager our players used to swarm all over the opposition players when they had the ball, everyone looking for the pass and moving for throw ins, it beggars belief we cant take proper throw ins, its a basic ffs. The next next transfer window is going to be vital for and most important for Hibs in many a year, I hope tae god TB gets it right.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Not to hijack the thread, he said hijacking the thread, but do the more 'seasoned' members of the board recall the time when a throw-in was referred to as a shy? Of course you do.

But why was it called a shy?

With our current team's efforts it seems an appropriate term.

Onion
10-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Not to hijack the thread, he said hijacking the thread, but do the more 'seasoned' members of the board recall the time when a throw-in was referred to as a shy? Of course you do.

But why was it called a shy?

With our current team's efforts it seems an appropriate term.

Shy as a verb (as in coconut shy), not an adjective (as in a Hibs player's approach to tackling) :greengrin