PDA

View Full Version : Celtic star Griffiths catches up with old pals at Hibs (Thomson)

Humo
09-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Found this on youtube and thought i would share it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyJ3la6Cqhc&list=UUakRszbIjjGYtFrDPeg5Ieg

OsloHibs
09-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Good to see him at ER. Just wish it was on the pitch. Hate seeing him in Celtic colours.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Thanks for sharing:agree:. Wish he was playing. Wonder what was being said....

SteveHFC
09-03-2014, 12:52 AM

Why aren't you playing mate? :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Why aren't you playing mate? :greengrin

I play for Celtic unfortunately mate:boo hoo:

Zazu62
09-03-2014, 01:42 AM
We need to move on from Leigh griffiths

givescotlandfreedom
09-03-2014, 03:28 AM
He plays for a rival team I don't have a lot of time for. He was great here but unless he's a Hibs player again I don't get the love in.

Boyle89
09-03-2014, 04:17 AM
I'm still in love with Leigh :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Billychaotic182
09-03-2014, 04:38 AM
I'm still in love with Leigh :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Same bad like a bitter woman it will take a lot to get over him

Waxy
09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
His time has gone. Like many before him he has put gold before loyalty and must now pay the price by going from hero to zero.

talking_wiss
09-03-2014, 08:16 AM
His time has gone. Like many before him he has put gold before loyalty and must now pay the price by going from hero to zero.

Loyalty??? He was never a hibs player

Twa Cairpets
09-03-2014, 08:17 AM

Melodramatic much?

oldbiker
09-03-2014, 08:36 AM
He was a character and great player in an otherwise dull team. Gave us some real entertainment and talking points, but he has gone, end of, just hope he trips and stubs a toe on the way into the dressing room at Easter Road cause he will rip us a new one at the moment

weonlywon6-2
09-03-2014, 08:38 AM

so would you given tbe chance.

i find it amazing how some people just dont get it when a player moves onto bigger riches

Waxy
09-03-2014, 08:59 AM

i find it amazing how some people just dont get it when a player moves onto bigger richesI do get it and i would do the same. But i think we should stop going on about him now he plays for the enemy. We always have memories if some great goals.

bigstu
09-03-2014, 09:02 AM
I forgot in the eyes of many we have to hate every non Hibs player. Booooo Lee, never come back to ER!

I'm glad to see an ex player supporting us, good on him!

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2014, 09:03 AM
I will always respect LG for his contribution to Hibs, I admire him as a player and that won't change no matter who he plays for.

Brizo
09-03-2014, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=bigstu;3926506]I forgot in the eyes of many we have to hate every non Hibs player. Booooo Lee, never come back to ER!

I'm glad to see an ex player supporting us, good on him![/QUOTE

:agree:

Theres a lot of ex players who are allegedly Hibs fans but who you will never see in the stands if they have a free match day. Good on Leigh for turning up to watch the team he supports. For me Leighs a throw back to real genuine Hibbies who would have been in the stands if they hadn't made it as a player, guys like Stanton, O'Rourke, Kano, Keith Wright.

Hibrandenburg
09-03-2014, 09:39 AM
As long as he's not wearing the stolen Hibs strip he's welcome at ER. Why not he is a Hibs fan after all.

SanFranHibs
09-03-2014, 10:12 AM
We need to move on from Leigh griffiths

Oh...how I wish Riordan was here.....:wink:

Hibbyradge
09-03-2014, 10:19 AM

:faf:

I'm sure he's gutted.

green&left
09-03-2014, 10:24 AM

"Wearing a primark hoody in the hospitality, can now see why you signed for the weegie greens ya dick" :cb

His hair transplant is looking no half bad :greengrin

Leishy1995
09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
He was a sensational player for us, but one good year won't make him a legend to me. The way we act towards him shows how starved of entertainment and passion we actually are.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2014, 10:51 AM
He was a sensational player for us, but one good year won't make him a legend to me. The way we act towards him shows how starved of entertainment and passion we actually are.

I don't think many folk are referring to him as a Hibs legend, just appreciative of his outstanding goal scoring efforts for us and the fact that he turns up to support the team he supports whenever he can.

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2014, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=bigstu;3926506]I forgot in the eyes of many we have to hate every non Hibs player. Booooo Lee, never come back to ER!

I'm glad to see an ex player supporting us, good on him![/QUOTE

:agree:

Theres a lot of ex players who are allegedly Hibs fans but who you will never see in the stands if they have a free match day. Good on Leigh for turning up to watch the team he supports. For me Leighs a throw back to real genuine Hibbies who would have been in the stands if they hadn't made it as a player, guys like Stanton, O'Rourke, Kano, Keith Wright.

Saved me using my keyboard. :top marks

Jones28
09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Is he really deserving of the status he has been given? One great season before moving on doesn't merit it IMO

edwards
09-03-2014, 11:03 AM

You forgot to include one major fact he is a hibby through and through so if he turns up to support us then best of luck to him. It was petrie who wouldn't cough up the money for him when it mattered BLEW it big time.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Personally think its nice to see him there. It's hardly like ER has been a home of joy and entertainment recently! Folk need to remember he didn't actually leave us for Celtic. He left Wolves and it was to sign a contract worth about £10,000 per week. Realistically 4 or 5 times what we could offer. A chance to play champions league football as well, every players dream. He's got a family to support and probably about 7 years left playing at the top level. This 'loyalty' chat is silly.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Is he really deserving of the status he has been given? One great season before moving on doesn't merit it IMO

What status has he been given? All I can see is football fans being appreciative of an ex player.

edwards
09-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Personally think its nice to see him there. It's hardly like ER has been a home of joy and entertainment recently! Folk need to remember he didn't actually leave us for Celtic. He left Wolves and it was to sign a contract worth about £10,000 per week. Realistically 4 or 5 times what we could offer. A chance to play champions league football as well, every players dream. He's got a family to support and probably about 7 years left playing at the top level. This 'loyalty' chat is silly.

Totaly agree with this loyalty crap, did Pat Stanton no leave us to play with Celtic. Your tellin me you wouldn't grab at the chance to make four times your wage you lot would jump at the chance.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Exactly. It's a very, very short career.

snooky
09-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Totaly agree with this loyalty crap, did Pat Stanton no leave us to play with Celtic. Your tellin me you wouldn't grab at the chance to make four times your wage you lot would jump at the chance.

I don't think Pat left for "the money". Iirc, Ned kinda pushed him.

Pretty Boy
09-03-2014, 11:31 AM

His goals probably saved us from a relegation scrap last year.

I won't applaud him in a Celtic strip, I don't wish him any luck at Celtic but he's well deserving of respect from Hibs fans and I wish him no ill.

Northernhibee
09-03-2014, 11:33 AM
He showed a great deal of love for our club and as such I wish him well wherever he goes.

essexhibee
09-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Don't understand at all why some fans feel the need to abuse him for moving to Celtic. He made a move that was best for him in that he can be close to his family and get the best wage he could whilst doing that.

He provided us with some great memories, pretty much got us to a scottish cup final on his own, scored two brilliantly taken goals against the ****bos and is hibs through and through.That will never change, as proven by his delight when he scored against them at tynie few weeks back. Horrible to see him in a Celtic shirt I agree but dont hate the guy for it.

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, he's Hibs through and through and if he could get the same money here as he does elsewhere there is only one green he'd be wearing and that's the original one.

However he's also a pro footballer who wants to look after his dependents as best he can in his short term of earning from the game.

Instead of lamenting players who leave we should perhaps be lamenting our own lack of growth on the playing side, whereby we haven't risen to the level to offer better money to players.

Yes he's a player in an opposing side but he's also a Hibs fan who served us well and gave us several good memories.

How should we react to him going to watch the club he supports? There is no should. Whether he is snubbed, abused, idolised or quietly appreciated is entirely down to the individual, and will also tell us a lot about the particular individual in question.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I will always respect LG for his contribution to Hibs, I admire him as a player and that won't change no matter who he plays for.
Think it's good to see players who support clubs still go to games and not bother what Celtic Fans think .Shows he still has affection for the club .He is one that could come back and play for us later in career and if still scoring goals would have no issue with that

Sean1875
09-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Realistically, without LG last season we would have been majorly struggling to be kept out of a relegation dogfight and denied one of the most enjoyable games at Hampden ive ever seen, as well as two trips to a Scottish cup final (Although I wish he hadnt bothered now :greengrin). The fact he's a massive Hibs fan and still wants to come and watch us despite the fact he knows he'll probably piss off a number of 'Celtc' fans by doing so makes him even more of a hero. Dont understand folk suddenly disliking him because hes chosen the oppourtunity to move back home to be closer to his family and support them on a higher rate of pay at the same time. He'll be back in a Hibs top one day and I for one cant wait for it :not worth

midfield_maestro
09-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Loyal fans would surely know the difference between a player who's only ever been on loan, and one who is on the books?

28 goals in 2012/13 with very little service, compared to DR's 23 goals in 2004/5 with a quality team behind him.

The Gorf
09-03-2014, 06:49 PM

i find it amazing how some people just dont get it when a player moves onto bigger riches
It's called jealousy.

Jonnyboy
09-03-2014, 07:55 PM

I think individual fans have individual views on this. Some appreciate what he did for us, others will taunt him for signing for Celtic. Either way it cannot be denied he gave us Hibs fans a barrowload of joyous moments in an otherwise dire period for the club.

weonlywon6-2
09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I do get it and i would do the same. But i think we should stop going on about him now he plays for the enemy. We always have memories if some great goals.

yes agree,admire and like him but the love in needs to be turned down a few notches ...............till he re-signs for hibs !

Swedish hibee
09-03-2014, 09:33 PM
I still love Leigh Griffths. Welcome back at ER anytime.

SaulGoodman
09-03-2014, 09:38 PM
I fear us liking Griffiths might give the whole Celtic team a boost while disheartening our players. We should stop

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I think individual fans have individual views on this. Some appreciate what he did for us, others will taunt him for signing for Celtic. Either way it cannot be denied he gave us Hibs fans a barrowload of joyous moments in an otherwise dire period for the club.

I choose to do both! :greengrin

I loved Leigh Griffiths when he was with us but it makes me sick seeing him in a Celtic strip and I'm dreading seeing him back at Easter Road wearing their colours and no doubt scoring goals against us.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Anyone think he will get boo'd at ER?

Pretty Boy
09-03-2014, 10:08 PM

Nope.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Nope.

Hope not, but theres always one or two who like a boo:wink:

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 10:14 PM

I would hope not.

I have absolutely no intention of cheering him either but booing him would be ridiculous.

I hope his appearance is met with complete indifference by the Hibs support.

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2014, 10:40 PM
It's called jealousy.Why on earth would anyone be jealous of Celtic? Horrible horrible club and with or without Griffiths I'd never be jealous of them

Leishy1995
09-03-2014, 10:58 PM
For what it's worth, I won't taunt him for making money in his career. I just think we have put him on a pedastool because we have been so starved lately.

Sensational talent. I felt privileged when we have him. If he ever comes back I'd hope it's because he wants to bring us success not because his career is ending and he wants a season with us again.

itslegaltender
10-03-2014, 08:20 AM
you can see the rumours about Thomsons injury are true, the way he hobbles down the steps to see Griffiths, must be out for the season. :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
10-03-2014, 08:41 AM
You forgot to include one major fact he is a hibby through and through so if he turns up to support us then best of luck to him. It was petrie who wouldn't cough up the money for him when it mattered BLEW it big time.

Tautological nonsense.

cocopops1875
10-03-2014, 08:48 AM

When was it that Petrie didn't cough up ?

GGTTHibees
10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Found this on youtube and thought i would share it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyJ3la6Cqhc&list=UUakRszbIjjGYtFrDPeg5Ieg

Wish he was on the pitch. He doesn't suit a celtic strip, only a hibs strip