PDA

View Full Version : McCall shows his class (or lack of it)

maturehibby
08-03-2014, 10:24 PM
after Motherwell equalised and the ball was kicked up to the centre spot for Hibs to Kick off a Motherwell plater placed the Ball on the centre spot only for McCall to tell him to kick the ball away to waste more time .
Hibs fans in the West rose up in disgust to him and he at least had the good grace to admit that he had done a unsporting thing (A bad thing) in my opinion

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 10:32 PM
after Motherwell equalised and the ball was kicked up to the centre spot for Hibs to Kick off a Motherwell plater placed the Ball on the centre spot only for McCall to tell him to kick the ball away to waste more time .
Hibs fans in the West rose up in disgust to him and he at least had the good grace to admit that he had done a unsporting thing (A bad thing) in my opinion

Sporting Integrity oot the Windae

greenlex
08-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I think he should applauded.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Very unsporting thing to do and had the honesty to admit that. Personally, I quite like McCall, but needs to make sure that he doesn't to that again.

CallumLaidlaw
08-03-2014, 11:05 PM
Dirty tactics. How rude. Do what you can to get what you need. An attitude we could do with

smurf
08-03-2014, 11:18 PM
He looked embarrassed and was very apologetic. Was it done on his instructions?

Thecat23
08-03-2014, 11:22 PM
I really like McCall. He's usually an honest guy and he was shouting at a well player and after saying "****ing hell" he turned to the crowd and sheepishly apologized. Was quite funny to see!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Off topic but I see in his post mach interview he mentions how we have a wide pitch which they and other teams used their advantage and it causes us problems having such a big park. When PF was here didn't he ask to get the pitch shortened/slimmed?

givescotlandfreedom
09-03-2014, 02:29 AM
Showing his Oldco class sadly.

Boyle89
09-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Haha! I saw the ball rolling towards the east stand and wondered why it was there. If this turns out to be the case then more fool McCall . We were there for the taking as soon as the ball hit the net IMO. Not that of will affect their season in any way.

H18sry
09-03-2014, 08:28 AM
If the Hibs players had been in a hurry to get the game restarted, in an attempt to get a winner this would never have happened. :rolleyes:

SanFranHibs
09-03-2014, 09:04 AM
I really like McCall. He's usually an honest guy and he was shouting at a well player and after saying "****ing hell" he turned to the crowd and sheepishly apologized. Was quite funny to see!

I thought he was honest and sincere and although disappointed they let a 2 goal lead go was quite relieved to get the late goal. Compliemented, in his own words, Hibs on their second half, whereas McFadden, whose disappointment is somewhat understandable, I thought showed less grace and said they blew it, should have had the game sown up and not once touched on Hibs second half performance.

We would all be pissed letting a 2 goal lead slip but I think we all accept that 2-0 after 30 minutes is a long way from the finishing line. And 2-1 at half time is no banker for anyone, especially on the road. And at 'fortress' ER :wink:

Now.....3-2 in the 90th minute :grr:

Hibbyradge
09-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Now.....3-2 in the 90th minute :grr:

We were up against 11 men. We had no chance of holding on for the win.

SeanWilson
09-03-2014, 09:27 AM

for me... this is what's wrong with our club...

we need to start adopting whatever tactics that are going to mean win or draw... its pathetic that we even have a thread on the opposition manager who happens to be pretty good at what he does...

Hibernia Na Eir
09-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Rangers class.

Eyrie
09-03-2014, 12:03 PM
We were up against 11 men. We had no chance of holding on for the win.

Agreed - if only we'd been facing nine men in injury time because it is impossible to not win in that situation.

Spike Mandela
09-03-2014, 12:17 PM
It may be gamesmanship, it may be lacking class but comes from many years experience in the professional game. An old pro's head thinking about every aspect of the game right to the final whistle.

--------
09-03-2014, 12:22 PM
"Not Hibs class"?

"Rangers class"?

"Please Mr Ref - that bad man did a bad thing. He must be a Hun in disguise."

Is there a "Book of Etiquette for Football Managers" somewhere?

Waken up - what do you guys want? Hibs to be the best-mannered club ever to be relegated? No wonder we're everybody's bitch - the West Stand seems to be full of maiden aunties and school-marms.

A goal is scored. It's up to the team that's scored to get the game restarted, and if I saw one of our players meekly replacing the ball on the centre-spot to speed things up I'd be livid.

Some of the attitudes on this forum just aren't real.

Football is (or used to be) a game for GROWN-UP MEN.

PISTOL1875
09-03-2014, 01:02 PM

Whats wrong with that ? I would hope a Hibs player would do something along those lines if we were in that position..

silverhibee
09-03-2014, 01:58 PM
"Not Hibs class"?

"Rangers class"?

Waken up - what do you guys want? Hibs to be the best-mannered club ever to be relegated? No wonder we're everybody's bitch - the West Stand seems to be full of maiden aunties and school-marms.

A goal is scored. It's up to the team that's scored to get the game restarted, and if I saw one of our players meekly replacing the ball on the centre-spot to speed things up I'd be livid.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause:

sleeping giant
09-03-2014, 02:14 PM
It may be gamesmanship, it may be lacking class but comes from many years experience in the professional game. An old pro's head thinking about every aspect of the game right to the final whistle.

Agreed .

Winners mentality :aok:

Hedlund12
09-03-2014, 02:27 PM
"Not Hibs class"?

"Rangers class"?

Couldn't agree more....football is no longer a game for only "grown up men!"
We live in 2014 and society has moved on!!!

maturehibby
09-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Whats wrong with that ? I would hope a Hibs player would do something along those lines if we were in that position..

In a single word INTEGRITY

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
I like McCall especially for his goal v Sweden in Italia 90. I didn't applaud him though.

Hibercelona
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Dirty unsporting tactics that we as a club, should really learn to show more of.

Greencore
09-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Lol "Oldco class, not hibs class" get a grip. If it was 3-2 to hibs vs hearts scottish cup final. We had 8 men and there was 1 minute to go and we just scored to make it 3-2. Would we time waste.... Apparently not.... Hahaha aye right

--------
10-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Couldn't agree more....football is no longer a game for only "grown up men!"
We live in 2014 and society has moved on!!!

I don't mind kids and women playing football. I'm aware that we do need a certain code of conduct in the sport.

But I am SICK TO THE FREAKIN' BACK TEETH of this phrase "Hibs class", as if somehow Hibs and all associated with them are somehow automatically superior in morals and intellect to the rest of Scottish football, that somehow Hibs have an innate instinct for sportsmanship and good chappiness.

Perhaps the admins might push a couple of starry-buttons and reduce it to H*** c**** in future? Please? Because it's more irritating than any swearie-words could be.

I like Stuart McCall - he's doing a cracking job at Well, and he always comes over as a straight honest guy. So he played for Rangers - so what?

There are two sides to sectarianism, and some people on here are just as good at stirring it up as any Rangers supporter I know - and I know plenty.

And then there are the others who just sit there perched on the edges of their wee seats just waiting for someone do do something they can pull a fit of the vapours over.

"What I find GROSSLY offensive when one of the footie people on the other side expectorates a great gob of slavers onto the hallowed turf of our up-to-the-minute totally beautiful stadium. Do these people not have handkerchiefs? Definitely not H**s C***s."

Hibs Class
10-03-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't mind kids and women playing football. I'm aware that we do need a certain code of conduct in the sport.

But I am SICK TO THE FREAKIN' BACK TEETH of this phrase "Hibs class", as if somehow Hibs and all associated with them are somehow automatically superior in morals and intellect to the rest of Scottish football, that somehow Hibs have an innate instinct for sportsmanship and good chappiness.

Perhaps the admins might push a couple of starry-buttons and reduce it to H*** c**** in future? Please? Because it's more irritating than any swearie-words could be.

I like Stuart McCall - he's doing a cracking job at Well, and he always comes over as a straight honest guy. So he played for Rangers - so what?

There are two sides to sectarianism, and some people on here are just as good at stirring it up as any Rangers supporter I know - and I know plenty.

And then there are the others who just sit there perched on the edges of their wee seats just waiting for someone do do something they can pull a fit of the vapours over.

"What I find GROSSLY offensive when one of the footie people on the other side expectorates a great gob of slavers onto the hallowed turf of our up-to-the-minute totally beautiful stadium. Do these people not have handkerchiefs? Definitely not H**s C***s."

No thanks - I don't want to end up like McS****y :wink:

--------
10-03-2014, 04:07 PM
No thanks - I don't want to end up like McS****y :wink:

:blushie: OOPS! Forgot all about you and your username, mate.

Nothing personal I assure you.