PDA

View Full Version : January Transfer Window

Famous Fiver
08-03-2014, 09:16 PM
We went right to the last day of the January transfer window before we signed anyone then it was three all at once

Boateng Hardly featured
Watmore Injured in first game and hasn't featured since
Haynes Coo's erse and a banjo come to mind

We didn't exactly strengthen the squad.

Need to do better in the summer.

sleeping giant
08-03-2014, 09:25 PM
I think there will be a player turnover of McLeish proportions.

SMAXXA
08-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Was the annual panic pish excuse for being smcrap window. Know a couple of players we were after but the usual couldn't get it over the line pish came into it.

we are putting the saved resources into the summer that's the only consolation for me

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Haynes looks poor, runs and doesn't take the ball with him.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 09:32 PM
We went right to the last day of the January transfer window before we signed anyone then it was three all at once

Boateng Hardly featured

How quickly Petrie sanctions moves and gets deals tied up will be just as crucial as don't want to be hearing we missed out on top targets and then bring in dross as window closes Watmore we can't judge but on today's performance would drop Hayes for thistle game .

neil7908
08-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Definitely need to do better in the summer but January was always going to be difficult for Butcher with most of the budget having been used up and the trouble he had moving players on until the last minute.

We really need to be planning for summer and using our resources wisely. Ideally we shouldn't be making any (or very few) signings in the last week of the window as the season will already be in full swing and we need to have a settled squad as early as possible.

Also, January has strengthened my belief that we should avoid bringing players in on loan. The odd one like Griffiths or Claros will be a success but even then it's impossible to build for the long term.

Zazu62
08-03-2014, 10:14 PM
If people don't buy season tickets I don't think we will be signing that many I'm afraid to say .

RIP Bestie
09-03-2014, 12:12 AM
How quickly Petrie sanctions moves and gets deals tied up will be just as crucial as don't want to be hearing we missed out on top targets and then bring in dross as window closes Watmore we can't judge but on today's performance would drop Hayes for thistle game .
This may have something more to do with players waiting to see what other options they have before signing for us. Like it or not we are not most players first second or even third choice career move.

Pete
09-03-2014, 06:39 AM
This may have something more to do with players waiting to see what other options they have before signing for us. Like it or not we are not most players first second or even third choice career move.

Do you mean that players do this because we play in Scotland and they might get better offers down south for more money?

Or do you mean that players primarily look at other options within the SPFL and only sign for us as a last resort for some reason?

J-C
09-03-2014, 10:10 AM
If people don't buy season tickets I don't think we will be signing that many I'm afraid to say .

Thanks for the reminder Rod :aok:

RIP Bestie
09-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Do you mean that players do this because we play in Scotland and they might get better offers down south for more money?

Or do you mean that players primarily look at other options within the SPFL and only sign for us as a last resort for some reason?
I would hope that it was generally the former, however players reportedly interesting us have signed for our SPFL rivals in recent times.

ScottB
09-03-2014, 10:48 AM
I would hope that it was generally the former, however players reportedly interesting us have signed for our SPFL rivals in recent times.

If you were a player today and Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen came in for you, where would you go?

Casting any emotion aside, it probably isn't Hibs, and that's a problem that's going to take awhile to shake off.

jdships
09-03-2014, 01:22 PM

Boateng Hardly featured

My thoughts exactly !
QUESTION
What exactly , if anything, have we got out of the three signings ?
As they say " what have they brought to the table ?"
:confused: