PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment at last

bigstu
08-03-2014, 09:13 PM
It's been a long timing coming but I felt like I got my moneys worth today. It was gutting to lose the goal but I really enjoyed the game & felt entertained. Today was why I travel hundreds of miles on a Saturday to watch Hibs. More of the same in the future please Terry.

3 points would have been nice but some excitement at last!

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Agree Stu, made the same point on the match thread. It's been a long time since I left ER with that feeling.

edwards
08-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Agree Stu, made the same point on the match thread. It's been a long time since I left ER with that feeling.

Toataly agree the second half was the best i have seen for a while felt Collins had a couple of chances he could have won us the game with.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 09:24 PM

Ditto worth the 20 quid for petrol and the admission price to see a goal fest but it felt like a defeat as we had the better chances to kill them off .

ballengeich
08-03-2014, 09:27 PM
I agree. After the final game of 2013 when we beat Killie 3-0 I left the ground feeling that we were moving in the right direction and providing entertainment. Despite the disappointment of the late equaliser I felt the same today. There's a lot of things needing improved, but there's a basis to build on.

DaveF
08-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Amazing what a bit of effort and application from the players can do for the crowd. It's been a while since a feeling like the 3rd going in at ER and hopefully the players can continue that 2nd half display into the rest of the season.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Hibs v Motherwell games always seem to be entertaining.

Very rarely are they boring games.

California-Hibs
09-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Hibs v Motherwell games always seem to be entertaining.

Very rarely are they boring games.

This is a very true point and also downright weird! What is it with Hibs and Motherwell games over the past good few years?! Still, would always rather have it that way than downbeat and boring!

allezsauzee
09-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Definitely a vastly improved performance by Hibs and I thought we did well. I would say though that I thought Motherwell played the more entertaining football. Ainsworths goal was a bit of class and some of McFaddens play was a delight to watch.

Onion
09-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Best match this season. Yes, Motherwell played some decent stuff but we created the better chances and got in about them. Their first two goals came from their two shots and previous Hibs teams would have collapsed at that point, but instead we went forward and could easily have gone in 3-2 at HT. IMHO 3-3 flattered Motherwell and they were lucky to come away with a point in the end. Against a top 6 team, that's progress for Hibs. The main disappointment was Craig. Don't know what's happened to him but it was like playing with 10 men for 90 mins. You'd hope this would spur Hibs for the remaining games but this team can't be trusted. You never know what your going to get. Hence the major clear out in the summer.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2014, 08:58 AM
The result apart (a win would have been tremendous from 0-2) that's what going to watch football on a Saturday should be about. A thoroughly entertaining game. I was appreciative of the play from both teams, some great individual performances and left the ground feeling it hadn't been a wasted journey.

O'Rourke3
09-03-2014, 10:18 AM
First time since Killie/Hearts at New Year since I felt we played well enough to win. The attack leading up to the corner where the first came from, Stanton ran at their midfield and beat 3 men, at this point I felt "something was on". Same second half. when he moves forward with purpose, good things seem to happen.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Very enjoyable game apart from the 15 or so minutes after the first goal when we lost our way a bit, you could see the 2nd coming .... such a good finish even I had to applaud it. The good thing was we were playing so badly at that point Motherwell seemed to think the game was won and that worked in our favour.

Great 2nd half effort from Hibs though and a great feeling when the 3rd went in. What a difference from the Dundee Utd game.

brog
09-03-2014, 11:08 AM
What a pleasant thread to read for a change. I was with Sergey in Bromley watching poor Cray Wanderers succumb 0-4 to Lowestoft. Started looking at scores on phone, at 2-0 to Well I decided that was unlucky so went to bar for a h/t pint just to see Jeff announce the Forster goal. Returned to the bar after 4th went in just in time to see our next 2 come up. Unfortunately the magic didn't survive but at 3.30 I'd have bitten Ryan Stevenson's hand off for a point! Does mean however that for future Saturday excursions to Bromley I need to spend more time in the bar!!
PS, why did our game finish so late? Their 3rd came up on screen at 4.56!