PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Loan players

Paperboy
08-03-2014, 08:12 PM
A mate of mine is a Cowdenbeath fan and I asked him how David Gold and Ross Caldwell got on today as they were up against each other.

he said Gold was an used sub and Caldwell only came on for Alloa for the last few minutes. He said in the occasions that Gold has played he's not looked anything decent.

I hope that these two do end up making a go out of but what's the point not them going out on loan if they're only going to sit on a bench? I'm not sayings they should be walking into the first team but you'd be expecting a bit more. I remember when the likes of Kenny Miller and Derek Riodan went out on loan to return as better players. And with Cowdenbeath and Alloa both near the bottom of the championship it doesn't say much for our future if our youngsters can't cut it at teams at the bottom of the league below us.

He also mentioned that he thought Deeks would have been playing today but he wasn't even named as a sub. My mate was speaking to an Alloa fan who said Deeks got injured last week and the guy thinks that might be him finished at Alloa.

Billychaotic182
08-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Think some players look good in the under 20s but find it to hard to make the step up. Shame as I liked the look of Caldwell but I can see him as another Kurtis Bynre and Damon Grey.

Never seen Gold play so can't really judge.

truehibernian
09-03-2014, 12:51 AM
I don't rate Gold at all, rate Ross but he's been incredibly immature off the field this year.

Black, Baptie, Todd and Horribine are the only players I really rate out the youngsters, all of whom can push on. Not seen enough of Mulhall but he made an immediate impact at that level.

Black must and I mean must be given an opportunity.

BVB Hibs
09-03-2014, 01:48 AM
In any side there's only going to be a handful of youngsters to make the grade. When you consider that over the past 2 years or so we've had Harris, Forster and Stanton all looking like they could go on to be good players at this level, and then also have Handling and Cummings who the management also seem to think have potential, I'd say our youth academy is doing quite well.

Obviously it'd be nice to see our lads play when on loan. We've a good U20 set up, and it seems a pity to waste boys on the bench when they could be getting a decent standard at that level. That said, there's obviously a difference in physicality between playing for the U20's and playing in the championship. I see it as a good sign that they were shipped out in the first place, as it shows they're obviously ready for that next step in their development before trying to integrate them in the first team. Whether they manage that or not remains to be seen.

Zazu62
09-03-2014, 01:52 AM
I don't rate Gold at all, rate Ross but he's been incredibly immature off the field this year.

Black, Baptie, Todd and Horribine are the only players I really rate out the youngsters, all of whom can push on. Not seen enough of Mulhall but he made an immediate impact at that level.

Black must and I mean must be given an opportunity.

Incredibly immature?

PeterboroHibee
09-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Think some players look good in the under 20s but find it to hard to make the step up. Shame as I liked the look of Caldwell but I can see him as another Kurtis Bynre and Damon Grey.

Never seen Gold play so can't really judge.

Which is why, imo, anyone who has potential to break through into the first team should be out on loan first. Its good to see the U20s doing well, but the same level of competition just isnt there.

maturehibby
09-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Thought Calum Booth put in a good shift yesterday for Raith including a last ditch effort - something that he was previously criticised for lacking defensive qualities on this forum

Pretty Boy
09-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Thought Calum Booth put in a good shift yesterday for Raith including a last ditch effort - something that he was previously criticised for lacking defensive qualities on this forum

What's his contract situation?

If he is still under contract I'd like to see him back to try and put a bit pressure on McGivern. Left back is a big problem for us imo but is somewhat overlooked because of all the other issues.

Unseen work
09-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Suprised as heard a lot of positives about gold especially on his last loan at queen of South I think? And it was jimmy Nichols idea to take him to Cowdenbeath so he must rate him. Is difficult for a centre mid to just get launched in the team or to make a massive impact on games being the type of player he is.

Some players do brilliant on loan like handling who scored like 9 in 7 games if I'm not mistaken?

Surprised about horribine as he starts most games for 20s, has been on bench a lot of times for first team but never really gets a sniff and has never been out on loan?

Also any idea on Bradley Donaldson? Couple have high hopes for him that I know

silverhibee
09-03-2014, 03:56 PM
A mate of mine is a Cowdenbeath fan and I asked him how David Gold and Ross Caldwell got on today as they were up against each other.

he said Gold was an used sub and Caldwell only came on for Alloa for the last few minutes. He said in the occasions that Gold has played he's not looked anything decent.

I hope that these two do end up making a go out of but what's the point not them going out on loan if they're only going to sit on a bench? I'm not sayings they should be walking into the first team but you'd be expecting a bit more. I remember when the likes of Kenny Miller and Derek Riodan went out on loan to return as better players. And with Cowdenbeath and Alloa both near the bottom of the championship it doesn't say much for our future if our youngsters can't cut it at teams at the bottom of the league below us.

He also mentioned that he thought Deeks would have been playing today but he wasn't even named as a sub. My mate was speaking to an Alloa fan who said Deeks got injured last week and the guy thinks that might be him finished at Alloa.

Caldwell is struggling to get a game for Alloa, he played in a reserve game for Alloa on Monday and got on the scoresheet, but for whatever the reason he ain't getting much game time in the first team.

Deek never played last week.

oconnors_strip
09-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Suprised as heard a lot of positives about gold especially on his last loan at queen of South I think? And it was jimmy Nichols idea to take him to Cowdenbeath so he must rate him. Is difficult for a centre mid to just get launched in the team or to make a massive impact on games being the type of player he is.

Some players do brilliant on loan like handling who scored like 9 in 7 games if I'm not mistaken?

Surprised about horribine as he starts most games for 20s, has been on bench a lot of times for first team but never really gets a sniff and has never been out on loan?

Also any idea on Bradley Donaldson? Couple have high hopes for him that I know

Gold was at queens park

Donaldson is recovering from injury

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 08:49 PM
What's his contract situation?

If he is still under contract I'd like to see him back to try and put a bit pressure on McGivern. Left back is a big problem for us imo but is somewhat overlooked because of all the other issues.

He's under contract until the end of next season.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2014, 09:02 PM

If Caldwell can't get a game it means he isn't doing enough to dislodge whoever is playing so think his contract won't be renewed We need to free up wages to bring in players .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
He's under contract until the end of next season.
:agree: Tel wants him back for pre season training.