PDA

View Full Version : The Motherwell Whistleblower

iwasthere1972
08-03-2014, 07:35 PM
I Obviously wasn't the only person who heard him (or them) as a guy near me in the FF upper went to see one of the stewards to ask him if one of his mates in the South Stand could stop the guy. It was more apparent in the first half when Hibs were on the attack. It was bloody annoying as I didn't know if it was the ref or the Motherwell fan who was blowing.

Gatecrasher
08-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Right before Forster scored our first I though the ref had blew for a foul. That lot are a bunch of ********s IMO.

wookie70
08-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Just as well someone brought one as I thought the ref had forgot his at one point! It was really annoying and the stewards should have been able to stop it pretty easily but it seems we pay them to look good in fluorescent jackets rather than doing anything constructive.

LioNeilMessi
08-03-2014, 07:43 PM
I get the protest but it was so irritating for everyone in the stadium bar the hilarious few Motherwell fans.

iwasthere1972
08-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Just as well someone brought one as I thought the ref had forgot his at one point! It was really annoying and the stewards should have been able to stop it pretty easily but it seems we pay them to look good in fluorescent jackets rather than doing anything constructive.

To be fair he probably got more decisions right than the ref. :greengrin

TAHibby
08-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Laughably childish "protest".

lucky
08-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Was bloody annoying. Stewards should done something about it

AndyB_70
08-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Well we shouldn't have been so stupid as to ban their drum when we have one in the east. It was their protest against a stupid decision by Hibs and fair play to them. Thought it was quite funny.

Ringothedog
08-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Well we shouldn't have been so stupid as to ban their drum when we have one in the east. It was their protest against a stupid decision by Hibs and fair play to them. Thought it was quite funny.

It wasn't funny and was extremely irritating. I would have chucked the lot of the little knobs out. I effing hate Motherwell its our stadium and if we want to ban their bloody drum then so be it.

leggeto
08-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Murder eh,they should have confiscated all the vuvuzellas at the world cup games too

PatHead
Should just ban their supporters next time.

greenlex
The stewards were in early doors but gave up when they couldn't identify who the culprits were as there were several. They should have just been rounded up at half time or even stopped the game and all emptied.

Thecat23
08-03-2014, 08:31 PM
There was more than one who had a whistle. It was very distracting for me so god knows how the players must have felt. Half the time I thought it was the ref. like a poster mentions Forster when he went up to header the whistle blew I thought it was the ref.

Bronson
08-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Find the Motherwell support extremely cringeworthy and those whistles just epitomised it. The section of their support who call themselves the 'Motherwell Bois' are hilariously cringey, 15 year old half price hooligans.

kaimendhibs
08-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Said at the time if they couldn't find the culprit empty them all. They were trying to confuse our players, it wasn't funny. They have previous, I remember them doing it at fit park too against us and it DID confuse our players at times. Ps, I detest them

Sent from my iphone

wearethehibs
08-03-2014, 08:50 PM
If youse all didn't like the whistles you should have just sung songs to drown them out.

Or do people just want to go to a game sit in silence and occasionally boo our own team or a refereeing decision.

Its embarrassing that the only time you really hear our support (bar a few) is when there's a chorus of booos.

kaimendhibs
08-03-2014, 08:56 PM
If youse all didn't like the whistles you should have just sung songs to drown them out.

Or do people just want to go to a game sit in silence and occasionally boo our own team or a refereeing decision.

Its embarrassing that the only time you really hear our support (bar a few) is when there's a chorus of booos.

Cheers for the advice but I'd be toiling to drown them out from top of the ff stand

Sent from my iphone

Westie1875
08-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Said at the time if they couldn't find the culprit empty them all. They were trying to confuse our players, it wasn't funny. They have previous, I remember them doing it at fit park too against us and it DID confuse our players at times. Ps, I detest them

Sent from my iphone

Problem for them is, they end up confusing their own players too. I also thought the ref had blown for a foul just before Forster scored and wouldn't be surprised if one or two of their players did too!

kaimendhibs
08-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Just shows what empty headed fannies they are.

Sent from my iphone

Jonnyboy
08-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Just shows what empty headed fannies they are.

Sent from my iphone

Ye cannae say things like that. Their Ultra brothers on this site will be shooting you down :wink:

kaimendhibs
08-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Oops, I'm a risk taker

Sent from my iphone

Winston Ingram
08-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Whistleblower ? There was about 8 of them

Jonnyboy
08-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Whistleblower ? There was about 8 of them

Indeed. I'm sure I spotted Edward Snowden in the Motherwell end :wink:

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 09:17 PM
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whis tle::whistle::whistle:QUOTE=Winston Ingram;3926173]Whistleblower ? There was about 8 of them[/QUOTE]
You forgot the 8 whistle Blowers so added them for you

Hibs3-2
08-03-2014, 11:20 PM

Boooooo *thumbs down*

monktonharp
08-03-2014, 11:24 PM
I Obviously wasn't the only person who heard him (or them) as a guy near me in the FF upper went to see one of the stewards to ask him if one of his mates in the South Stand could stop the guy. It was more apparent in the first half when Hibs were on the attack. It was bloody annoying as I didn't know if it was the ref or the Motherwell fan who was blowing. noticed it early in the game

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2014, 11:52 AM
The ref should have stopped the game and there should have been a PA announcement threatening to eject the whole of that side of the South if the whilstle didnt stop. It was confusing me at times, so must have been affecting the players on both sides. What sort of an idiot brings a whistle to a football match?

FWIW .... banning the Well drum is pathetic, but is just another symptom of the sanitisation of football .... pretty soon it will be more like going to the pictures ..... mind you, if its true that Hibs did this because of complaints from fans it would appear that a lot of folk seem to think that football should be more like the pictures.

I for one like my football matches colourful and noisey .... If the away fans are the ones creating the colour and noise then its up to us to match or beat it .... not complain like a load of wee girls.