PDA

View Full Version : Collins MOM

cabbage_88
08-03-2014, 05:38 PM
How did Collins get MOM?!?! Didnt think he done anything to note apart from lose the ball a few times. That attempt in the last seconds was awful!! He actually done well to beat the man but what he attempted after that, only he knows what that was.

Cairney was my MOM today. Thought he played very well in second half especially. Assists for all 3 goals and looked dangerous every time he was on the ball although when he had that chip effort on the edge of the box he should have put his laces through it! A good shift and hope he keeps it up.

hibee_girl
08-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Stanton should have got it today IMO

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Collins was never MOTM he was pish.

Heisenberg
08-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Cairney for me. Collins should've had a double but bottled it twice.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Collins done well today. He was unlucky with quite a few efforts. Cairney should have got motm though IMO

Tyler Durden
08-03-2014, 05:45 PM
How did Collins get MOM?!?! Didnt think he done anything to note apart from lose the ball a few times. That attempt in the last seconds was awful!! He actually done well to beat the man but what he attempted after that, only he knows what that was.

Cairney was my MOM today. Thought he played very well in second half especially. Assists for 2 of the goals and looked dangerous every time he was on the ball although when he had that chip effort on the edge of the box he should have put his laces through it! A good shift and hope he keeps it up.

Did Cairney not set up all 3 goals? He also laid one on a plate for Haynes which was blazed over the bar.

Collins was abysmal, as was Haynes. I think the latter just had an off day, Collins however.......getting rid in the summer must be a consideration. I'd rather see Heffernan or Cummings play.

silverhibee
08-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Stanton for me, put in a great shift today.

hibee_girl
08-03-2014, 05:47 PM
I think Collins was just unlucky with his shots today, on other days they'd have gone in. He's certainly not pish.

cabbage_88
08-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Did Cairney not set up all 3 goals? He also laid one on a plate for Haynes which was blazed over the bar.

Collins was abysmal, as was Haynes. I think the latter just had an off day, Collins however.......getting rid in the summer must be a consideration. I'd rather see Heffernan or Cummings play.

You're right, he did! My mistake, forgot about the corner for Nelson's goal.

Heisenberg
08-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I think Collins was just unlucky with his shots today, on other days they'd have gone in. He's certainly not pish.

Not having that. Edge of the six yard box for his first chance and he lets the keeper get the opportunity of a save. Second chance he was unlucky it hit the post but the rebound should've been away, instead he scuffs the shot completely. Haynes wasn't any better right enough.

neil7908
08-03-2014, 05:52 PM

I like Collins a lot, thought he played well today but should probably have had a goal. Haynes was absolutely anonymous - its the first time I've seen him play so not going to write him off yet but his first touch looked poor, as did his link up play.

Cairney with a hatrick of assists surely deserved MotM, Stanton also played well.

Onion
08-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Stanton should have got it today IMO

Stanton was EASILY the best Hibs player today. Our top striker, Collins, missed two sitters and gave the ball away all the time. Would love to know who picks the MOTM as they're either not at the game (STF ?) or no nothing about football (Petrie ?).

Well played young Sam Stanton !

mutley

Yep that should have been a doddle for Haynes to tuck away, he can GTF as far as I'm concerned, total gash

Cairney MoM for me

Tyler Durden

Up until recently I shared your view but as time goes on Im moving toward the "Collins is pish" camp.

His effort just after we scored our first was very poor. Unlucky with the flick early 2nd half but not with the rebound, awful technique. And his general play was terrible IMO. Although to be fair, neither he or Haynes seemed clear on their positioning, what runs to make etc. I can't think of one example of them linking up. Not a partnership to persist with for me.

hibsbollah
08-03-2014, 05:54 PM
We laughed uproariously.

keep the faith
Collins was never MOM. However compared to Haynes performance he looked like Suarez!!

hibee_girl
Not having that. Edge of the six yard box for his first chance and he lets the keeper get the opportunity of a save. Second chance he was unlucky it hit the post but the rebound should've been away, instead he scuffs the shot completely. Haynes wasn't any better right enough.

Haynes was much worse, he was too greedy, 3 times he had the opportunity to play in a team mate but decided to go himself resulting in us losing the ball

Dashing Bob S
Thought Collins looked decent everywhere but in front of goal, which becomes rather problematic if one is a striker. He put in a good shift, but the MOM award...no. Very harsh on Cairney. JPC can be exasperating and a passenger on occasion, but when he comes back from a break he always seems to hit a rich seam before becoming bored again.

hibeesjoe
08-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Collins is rotten. Hope butcher shows him the door in the summer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wookie70
08-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I thought Collins played one of his better games today. He was still poor and his finishing was pretty grim. Oh, his hold up play was terrible and his game sense late on was abysmal. Lost the ball when he should have been taking it for a walk to the corner and near post shot when he had to shoot across the goal. Looks like he has has a lobotomy to remove the footballing part of his brain to me. Mind you he was better than Haynes. Heffernan must wonder what he has done to be as low down the pecking order.

Stanton was excellent in the first half and Cairney was the best player in the second for me. I would give Cairney as his efforts resulted in us scoring. It is no surprise to me that Cairney starting resulted in a more positive display and result. A very clever player who actually likes having the football near his feet.

Up The Bracket
08-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Collins wasn't man of the match today but he played well, anyone that refers to him as "pish" clearly doesn't know much about football. He had one very good chance that he should have scored (other was a brilliant save) and it didn't go in, however at least he gets in the positions to get the chances, more than you can say about Handling, Haynes etc

Ricky Bobby
08-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Collins was a decent shout for MOM, given that the defence shipped three and it's the most powder puff midfield i have ever seen at Easter Road.
All the talk of getting rid of Collins in complete rubbish given we have the poorest midfield in the league. Lets concentrate on the real problem areas on the park.

lucky
08-03-2014, 07:05 PM
I thought he worked hard, but was no better than Cairney, Stanton or Hanlon

jeffers
08-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Collins wasn't man of the match today but he played well, anyone that refers to him as "pish" clearly doesn't know much about football. He had one very good chance that he should have scored (other was a brilliant save) and it didn't go in, however at least he gets in the positions to get the chances, more than you can say about Handling, Haynes etc

Given some of the utter dross I've seen in a Hibs jersey over the years I think I can judge if a player is pish and it is a fair description of James Collins. I keep reading he just needs the right service and he will score goals. What exactly is this service he needs ? He had close to an open goal after his first shot was saved and still couldn't score. The sad thing is we wasted money on him, otherwise I'm sure he'd be offloaded in the summer.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Collins is suffering a bit from a section of our support who expect him to be Leigh Griffiths.

He clearly needs to spend less time on the training ground and more time in Tesco's.

Danderhall Hibs
08-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Collins was decent today. His problems is he has a load of folk on his back who want to barrack him and slag him off at every opportunity. Guy behind me blamed him for a woeful Haynes layoff today FFS.

Spike Mandela
08-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Collins deserves a second season imo. Was still busting a gut chasing down in the 90th minute and on another day might have had a hat trick. Don't think we should be too hasty in getting rid.

GreenCastle
08-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Some people write nonsense on here.

While he maybe wasn't the MOM - often picked by sponsors and there have been some strange choices this season - he certainly did fine.

Ran all day - linked up with the midfield.

What he didn't do too well was link with Haynes his striker partner and not get enough shots on target. He would have scored if his 1st touch was better in the 1st half just before half time - yes decent save but should have been a goal.

2nd half he shot when he should have passed near the end.

Whether he is worth the supposed 200k fee -that's still questionable - he's doing the same as what Doyle did and Doyle didn't have the price tag.

I can't see us getting rid in summer (unless we get a fee / free up wages) - he does need to work on his finishing though on the ground as aerially he seems to be fine.

leggeto
08-03-2014, 07:25 PM
From a big critic of James I wouldn't have given him MOTM but I didn't think he was pish either,worked well with Haynes got in a few good crosses and had a few decent attempts at goal,so I'll say well done to him for today

iwasthere1972
08-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I reckon I contributed more than Collins. Astounded when the stadium announcer said that he was MOM. Good job that ball landed at The Heff's feet and not James Collins otherwise we would have come away with no points. Collins had a chance near the end to win the three points but as predictable as the Yams going down he blew it.

We need to offload him somewhere and forget about the two hundred thousand that was wasted on bringing him to Easter Road.

wookie70
08-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Collins was decent today. His problems is he has a load of folk on his back who want to barrack him and slag him off at every opportunity. Guy behind me blamed him for a woeful Haynes layoff today FFS.

I think he is suffering from not being very good. Stop blaming the guys outside the white lines for players who are poor. He had and deserved loads of support as he is undoubtedly a trier. He unfortunately isn't a player. His supporters say he is a penalty box striker. Well he had a good few chances today and never scored.

My biggest issue with him is that he has next to no footballing brain. Compare that to Heff or Cairney who might not work as hard but are the difference when it comes to actually scoring. Collins gives 100% but when I was at school 100% of very little ability is still only very little ability.

Tyler Durden
08-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Some people write nonsense on here.

While he maybe wasn't the MOM - often picked by sponsors and there have been some strange choices this season - he certainly did fine.

Ran all day - linked up with the midfield.

What he didn't do too well was link with Haynes his striker partner and not get enough shots on target. He would have scored if his 1st touch was better in the 1st half just before half time - yes decent save but should have been a goal.

2nd half he shot when he should have passed near the end.

Whether he is worth the supposed 200k fee -that's still questionable - he's doing the same as what Doyle did and Doyle didn't have the price tag.

I can't see us getting rid in summer (unless we get a fee / free up wages) - he does need to work on his finishing though on the ground as aerially he seems to be fine.

So he didn't link up well with Haynes, missed good chances he should've converted and made poor choices on the ball.

And yet he "certainly did fine". Gotcha.

GreenCastle
08-03-2014, 07:51 PM
So he didn't link up well with Haynes, missed good chances he should've converted and made poor choices on the ball.

And yet he "certainly did fine". Gotcha.

He did work hard / close down the Motherwell players and nearly scored apart from the good save and header.

Haynes was poor today - Collins was a 6.5 - the problem is we don't have many other options!

ballengeich
08-03-2014, 08:32 PM
While I wouldn't have given him MOM (Forster for me) I thought he was ok today. He's not a great finisher, though he will score a reasonable number of goals over a season, but he works hard and will harass defenders and make opportunities for other people. With the forwards we've got I'd like to see him getting a run in partnership with Heff as I think they could form a decent pairing.

Winston Ingram
08-03-2014, 08:38 PM
I couldn't argue with JC being MOTM.

His hold up play is superb. He's had one bad game v Raith and got binned which was ridiculous

I don't think there were any obvious alternatives

Jonnyboy
08-03-2014, 08:48 PM
For me it was between Cairney and Stanton with PC just edging it. Despite us losing three goals I thought Hanlon had a good game too.

GreenPJ
08-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I think Collins confidence is suffering a bit but does a power of running and movement (something very rare for us) down the channels. I don't think he is an out and out goalscorer but think he was decent today. Stanton was MoM and is a class act and seems to have all the attributes in terms of dribbling, tackling, shooting and composure, just wish we had another 3 like that in the team.

As for Cairney MoM, taking 2 corners and playing well for 10 mins out of 84 does not qualify him for MoM in my opinion - he ultimately lost the ball in midfield for their first goal and rarely created space for himself when Forster came forward with the ball.

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm bemused, I was at the game........................at least I think I was, I need to watch through other peoples eyes for a few months before I am anywhere near competent enough to comment.

Bishop Hibee
08-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Haynes made Collins look like Pele so perhaps that swayed whovever makes the award. Toss a coin between Cairney and Stanton for MoM.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 10:21 PM

This and Heff showed them both how easy it is if you have skill and football brain

B.H.F.C
08-03-2014, 10:23 PM
I think Collins confidence is suffering a bit but does a power of running and movement (something very rare for us) down the channels. I don't think he is an out and out goalscorer but think he was decent today. Stanton was MoM and is a class act and seems to have all the attributes in terms of dribbling, tackling, shooting and composure, just wish we had another 3 like that in the team.

As for Cairney MoM, taking 2 corners and playing well for 10 mins out of 84 does not qualify him for MoM in my opinion - he ultimately lost the ball in midfield for their first goal and rarely created space for himself when Forster came forward with the ball.

Think that's extremely harsh on Cairney. 3 assists he got. And only one of them was a corner by the way. He also put one on a plate for Haynes which he blazed over. Plenty players lost the ball in midfield, he just happened to get punished on that occasion. Stevenson and Craig gave the ball away about every time they had it.

LaMotta
08-03-2014, 10:27 PM
I couldn't argue with JC being MOTM.

His hold up play is superb. He's had one bad game v Raith and got binned which was ridiculous

I don't think there were any obvious alternatives

Utter nonsense, he's been poor since we signed him, to say he has only had one poor game is just wrong. He is totally lacking in quality, but if you want work rate he is your man.

jeffers
08-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Utter nonsense, he's been poor since we signed him, to say he has only had one poor game is just wrong. He is totally lacking in quality, but if you want work rate he is your man.

I know it's all about opinions but I'm glad to read someone else thinks the same.

O'Rourke3
08-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Sponsor's MOM Award. Not the players or sportswriters. We get really upset over minutiae. Put in a decent shift. Not the worst but others probably better but their mates weren't voting today.

Sent from my brain via Tapatalk

overdrive
09-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Haynes made Collins look like Pele so perhaps that swayed whovever makes the award. Toss a coin between Cairney and Stanton for MoM.

I've been slated before about this... Collins is far from great but he's better than Haynes. Haynes is abysmal IMHO. He reminds me of Roy O'Donovan.

Heffernan is a weird one. Good under Fenlon but he seemed to lose interest under Butcher until today (perhaps similar to what happened with him at Killie post Shiels). He's quite slow which is probably down to age.