07-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Curious to know how the New Season Ticket campaign has effected sales

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Come back in august...

Mikeystewart
07-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Come back in august...

I think a campaign like this is more likely to show a difference in sales early on rather than 5 months time when everyone has forgotten about it and the effect positive or negative has worn off.

In saying that I'm not an expert in marketing, just my opinion.

Bobby's Cinema
07-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Come back in august...
:agree: I thought the idea was not bad but I'm not sure it does enough to convince people on the back of what's gone before that now is when we will kick on.

Too cynical to really take anything from it. Still undecided

hibs4thecup1988
07-03-2014, 01:04 PM
I won't be renewing ATM. However my wages are mostly bonus based so if I have a good month this month I may get one in May

hibseleven
07-03-2014, 01:21 PM
renewed yesterday. The guys I go with were always gonna renew so it was a no-brainer.

Beefster
07-03-2014, 01:31 PM
I think the campaign is tired guff. No new ideas whatsoever and does nothing to try to mitigate the expected plunge in ST numbers.

I am renewing regardless.

CraigHibee
07-03-2014, 01:34 PM
i was renewing anyway, i think its a good campaign though and i'd like to see more folk buying into it

lucky
07-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Renewed already

Saorsa
07-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Curious to know how the New Season Ticket campaign has effected salesWasted on me I'm afraid, fancy advertising or cheesy slogans will have nae influence on any decision I make.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Hope its better than last years one. They were supposed to go on your, ended up giving flyers at the Kirkgate centre!

FranckSuzy
07-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Voted and it's bought, not baught, by the way :wink: :greengrin

Mikeystewart
07-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Voted and it's bought, not baught, by the way :wink: :greengrin

Good Spot - Neber bean nown fore maye guud speling :greengrin

khib70
07-03-2014, 04:09 PM
I think the campaign is tired guff. No new ideas whatsoever and does nothing to try to mitigate the expected plunge in ST numbers.

I am renewing regardless.
This

Gatecrasher
07-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Liked it, I'll be signing up for :tbgwa: Tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 04:23 PM

Money down the drain if you ask me .Didn't like the army theme ,but was brought up on an Army Barracks and didn't like anything it stood for so that was a factor .However I am getting one as I do believe this is the right management team to turn things around .Now is not the time to Desert the Army ,Your Team Needs You .To continue with Army theme the Pitch looks like something from the First World War Trenches .See I might hate the Theme but it gets to you Maybe they are Subliminally Brainwashing Us .

Mr Grieves
07-03-2014, 04:32 PM
The campaign is cringey IMO

oregonhibby
07-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I think the campaign is typically inventive by John Nicol. Everything is about in place for the campaign ahead, some more troops required on the field of battle and support from the fans. Like the morse code.

The only thing not inventive is the pricing strategy but that is hardly down to the designer.

It will have an impact now, diminish by the end of the season - especially if performances are poor - but pick up again ahead of the new season. The hard core will renew, the regulars eventually then the undecideds will decide at the last minute. As a marketing campaign it probably lacks something to grab those who might but don't.

lyonhibs
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Terrible campaign. Could have - in fact probably was - knocked out in 2 days by a 1st year uni student.

That said, turgid pish on the pitch is what will hit ST sales the most IMO

green.and.white
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM
The campaign is cringey IMO

Agreed

Bishop Hibee
07-03-2014, 04:42 PM
I intend to sign up although trying to get on the iMac in my house to do so is nigh on impossible!

The campaign is based on a chant apparently. Maybe it would have more success if "the Hibs are having a party, the Hearts are going down/bust" was being used.

green&left
07-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Cringey as **** IMO. Do hashtags #TBGAWA and camouflage paper really make people renew? A white sheet of A4 paper with some prices would suffice.

semaj64
07-03-2014, 04:47 PM
will be renewing when I get paid later in the month

Pete
07-03-2014, 04:54 PM
The army thing is just a laugh and isn't meant to help you decide wether to renew or not.

FFS, lighten up people. :greengrin:

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 05:35 PM
I think the campaign is typically inventive by John Nicol. Everything is about in place for the campaign ahead, some more troops required on the field of battle and support from the fans. Like the morse code.

The only thing not inventive is the pricing strategy but that is hardly down to the designer.

It will have an impact now, diminish by the end of the season - especially if performances are poor - but pick up again ahead of the new season. The hard core will renew, the regulars eventually then the undecideds will decide at the last minute. As a marketing campaign it probably lacks something to grab those who might but don't.
So does that not mean the money spent on it and in producing the product to drop through our letter boxes isn't money well spent as it's not attracting any extra revenue

oregonhibby
07-03-2014, 05:43 PM
I think it is money well spent. John works for the Club so that is sunk cost and I know they have a good print cost. Marketing of any type creates discussion, hence this thread, it may sway people who may otherwise not based on the underlying message.

If we have a hard core of say, 8k, and we have achieved 11.5k peak then that is worth going after. Most will depend on what is happening on the park but marketing will help along the way.

The quality also says something about your Club and the offer they are making. Yes the hardcore need only a white sheet of paper or an invoice but others need tempted.

The campaign will attract some and annoy others but at least it gets them talking and thinking.

What I find lacking is some invention in the differing offers. Look at Houston in the MLS to see some variety and price points and combination of offers from sponsors.

For me a 3/4 season would be good given the number of game changes that happen. As we speak I lose out having a season and it is not worth renewing.

Just a vuew

MSK
07-03-2014, 05:46 PM

It will have an impact now, diminish by the end of the season - especially if performances are poor - but pick up again ahead of the new season. The hard core will renew, the regulars eventually then the undecideds will decide at the last minute. As a marketing campaign it probably lacks something to grab those who might but don't.:agree:

FranckSuzy
07-03-2014, 05:58 PM

The army thing is just a laugh and isn't meant to help you decide wether to renew or not.

FFS, lighten up people. :greengrin:

:agree: It really seems that Hibs are damned if they do and damned if they don't by some :rolleyes:

Keith_M
07-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Can't be bothered reading through all the comments so..... has anyone mentioned Chickens, Eggs or Elephants in Rooms yet?

oregonhibby
07-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Can't be bothered reading through all the comments so..... has anyone mentioned Chickens, Eggs or Elephants in Rooms yet?

Na but ever decreasing circles are prominent

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Not yet but thought I saw a vehicle under camouflage that looked suspiciously like a Chief-tan Tank Hope we have been working on some Manoeuvres , Top Secret of course ,that can be unleashed on the Enemy Tomorrow .Attack being the best form of Defence .:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
07-03-2014, 06:34 PM
The current campaign itself is just a gimmick: publicity which raises the club's profile as it seeks to increase season ticket sales. However, I'm not sure how effective it will be in the current context. IMO the club needs to find imaginative ways to increase crowds, concentrating its message upon fair prices and the promise of an improved team. With ER only around half full at the moment, something bold needs to be done to get more people along. I'm renewing, but I understand why many believe its too expensive for the product on offer. We need a plan which will make fans feel the club is engaging with them, thus strengthening the bond between the two. The kids prices in the FF lower is a tremendous idea, and that kind of thinking needs taking forward.

derek0762
07-03-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm in for another campaign signed up last night, because it's what I do! #TBGAWA

erin go bragh
07-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Dont like the army idea but im renewing our 3 plus 1 new recruit .

Ggtth

07-03-2014, 08:51 PM
quite liked the ST marketing campaign, something a bit different. I was planning on renewing anyway though

Jonnyboy
07-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Terrible campaign. Could have - in fact probably was - knocked out in 2 days by a 1st year uni student.

That said, turgid pish on the pitch is what will hit ST sales the most IMO

It wasn't

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2014, 09:02 PM
It wasn't

So it only took one day then? I thought as much :greengrin

Cabbage East
07-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Terrible idea. They can ram their army pish. I think the marketing team do a good job on the whole but they've really blown this one. Having said that, if you need a marketing team to help you decide whether or not to invest in your club...

Jonnyboy
07-03-2014, 09:08 PM
So it only took one day then? I thought as much :greengrin

Right you, that's it. I'm changing my vote from Gerrard to Lampard :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Right you, that's it. I'm changing my vote from Gerrard to Lampard :greengrin

Now that's fighting talk :greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Now that's fighting talk :greengrin

:take that :na na:

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2014, 09:23 PM
:take that :na na:

:offski:

Hibernia&Alba
07-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Dont like the army idea but im renewing our 3 plus 1 new recruit .

Ggtth

Is the new recruit aware of the medical exam? It's rather embarrassing being told to cough as the guy in the ticket office grabs your baws.

Hibby70
07-03-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm not renewing till theres a Butcher in Lord Kitchener pose poster. With moustache.

SouthamptonHibs
08-03-2014, 09:07 AM
I'm going to up my contribution to the Hibernians scheme instead of Season ticket, Hibs will roughly get the same amount of money from me between Hibernians scheme and pay at the gate. Season ticket doesn't work for me (due to location), In the past I've seen it as a donation of cash but after four years of watching crap I'd rather give money to the youth set up instead of paying guys like Collins and Stevenson's wages

Lang Toun Hibs
08-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Dunning Hibs fully renewed today. Not a big fan of the marketing but couldn't stay away if I wanted to! Glory glory...

leggeto
08-03-2014, 07:44 PM
My mind was made up after I missed the 5th game due to work/holidays/kids can't go cause its to cold,just can't afford to waste money anymore,just going to buy the kids season tickets in the FF lower and im going to pay as you go, will prob save me over £100

stormchild
09-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Well that's me into zebra finance for another £550! No cup top up tho. Don't see that as value this year as k.o times for league are horrendous already and just not up for night games as much. Still, after yesterday I have renewed optimism that big terry can get us out of this rut we're in. A couple of decent signings in summer and we have the basis of a reasonable top 6 side from which we can kick on from. GGTTH