PDA

View Full Version : NHC Saintees sign Clancy

VivaHiberņa
07-03-2014, 12:26 AM
St Johnstone: Tim Clancy signs until the summer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26393263)Apparently St Johnstone have signed Tim Clancy to help relieve an injury crisis. :doh:

Thoughts? (Mainly, does anyone else think this is as daft as I do?)

Juice-Terry
07-03-2014, 12:29 AM
How would that work? He's still under contract with us so can't sign for anyone else until the transfer window opens again in the summer. :confused:

VivaHiberņa
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM
How would that work? He's still under contract with us so can't sign for anyone else until the transfer window opens again in the summer. :confused:

I think we released him by mutual agreement, I thought he was signing for Derry City though.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM

We released him before the end of the January transfer window, therefore making him eligible to sign for another club.

marti1875
07-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Very comical indeed....signing a player to help relieve an injury crisis at their club....but the player has hardly kicked a ball in months and months.....due to always being injured, :greengrin:greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Very comical indeed....signing a player to help relieve an injury crisit at their club....but the player has hardly kicked a ball in months and months.....due to always being injured, :greengrin:greengrin

He's back fit again.

He was on the bench last week for St Johnstone's game against Aberdeen.

marti1875
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM
He's back fit again.

With all due respect i don't think that's the point. Maybe it's just me then who finds it truly bizarre to sign a player to help an injury crisis who spends most of his time injured.
He's been allegedly "fit again" many times only to be back injured again very very soon afterwards.

Aldo
07-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Nowt to do with injuries for me.... Don't think Clancy had the bottle to play for us. Couldn't handle the stick when things were going wrong.

Harsh but that's what I think. Expectations a lot lower in Perth.

Wasn't up for a fight simple as that.

I am aware he was injured but to what extent I'm not sure

Geo_1875
07-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Can't believe they'd sign him if they weren't sure he was fit. Must have gone through training and a medical.

truehibernian
07-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Can't believe they'd sign him if they weren't sure he was fit. Must have gone through training and a medical.

Medical was probably done via Twitter knowing Clancy - absolute sap, talks a good game but doesn't play a good game.

Longest groin strain I've ever known of in football - a groin injury in his inflated heid if you ask me.

Pete
07-03-2014, 07:21 AM
I heard about this a few days ago. Good luck to him.

Watch him perform to the exact same level as he did with us, then watch people on here proclaim what a great player he is and how we were stupid to let him go. This will be followed by lots of looking inward and self doubt, followed by lots of posts such as "whats wrong with us" and "it's the hibs way"

:aok:

truehibernian
07-03-2014, 07:29 AM

Watch him perform to the exact same level as he did with us, then watch people on here proclaim what a great player he is and how we were stupid to let him go. This will be followed by lots of looking inward and self doubt, followed by lots of posts such as "whats wrong with us" and "it's the hibs way"

Won't be hearing that from me mate - don't rate him as a player and injuries were in his head in my opinion. Didn't hear him have kind words about Hibs either. So stuff him.

Juice-Terry
07-03-2014, 08:21 AM
I think we released him by mutual agreement, I thought he was signing for Derry City though.

I see. Sorry. I thought he had just been told he was free to leave and not actually had his contract terminated. Either way, like others on this thread I find it ironic that Clancy, of all people, should be signed up as cover for injuries.....

number 27
07-03-2014, 09:05 AM

All Hibs fans are crap except for you. Well done.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 09:16 AM
He's back fit again.

Depends what you mean by fit , Fully fit ,match fit.Time will tell if he is,and if he gets game time or is just there till end of season to try and prove his fitness with view to winning new contract with them for next season.Didn't work out with us for whatever reason so if he does well elsewhere good luck to him but it was right decision by us to let him go .

squire
07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
He was nowhere near the team at Hibs, I don't even know if he was back training, but what are the chances that after a week or 2 he gets games at St J and is one of their consistent performers till the end of the season?

Players seem to get a new lease of life in new surroundings when they leave us. Not that it matters in this situation, Clancy's performance v Falkirk at Hampden was one of the worst I have seen from an experienced pro!

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 11:18 AM
He was nowhere near the team at Hibs, I don't even know if he was back training, but what are the chances that after a week or 2 he gets games at St J and is one of their consistent performers till the end of the season?

Players seem to get a new lease of life in new surroundings when they leave us. Not that it matters in this situation, Clancy's performance v Falkirk at Hampden was one of the worst I have seen from an experienced pro!
Agree but carneys disastrous cameo appearance was worse and another inept management decision by you know who .

The Sea-gull
07-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Clancy signed for St Johnstone last Friday and it was discussed on Off the Ball last Saturday. Was going to post it last week but never got round to it. Surprised it has taken a week to get a thread on here but notice today the topic has two threads!

superfurryhibby
07-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Some harsh words and quite bizarre statements about for Clancy on here. I felt he had a great start with us and that he looked a decent player. He never really recovered from the injury he sustained in the Nov of that year and when he did return towards the end of the season he didn't look fit. Certainly see far, far worse in a Hibs jersey. I don't know what he said about Hibs but I find the level of vitriol on this thread a bit unecessary:confused:

Beefster
07-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I didn't think that Clancy was a particularly clever signing but he did okay in the beginning. He's been the forgotten man for most of his time at Hibs though. Best for him to move on.

As an aside, having read his Twitter a couple of months ago, he comes across as an utter ring-piece.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Clancy signed for St Johnstone last Friday and it was discussed on Off the Ball last Saturday. Was going to post it last week but never got round to it. Surprised it has taken a week to get a thread on here but notice today the topic has two threads!

There was a thread on here about this last Saturday

J-C
07-03-2014, 02:00 PM
St Johnstone: Tim Clancy signs until the summer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26393263)

Apparently St Johnstone have signed Tim Clancy to help relieve an injury crisis. :doh:

Thoughts? (Mainly, does anyone else think this is as daft as I do?)

That made me laugh out loud considering his injury problems

Boyle89
07-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I thought he was a good player. Just a shame he was always injured. As many have said before it's highly ironic that he has been signed to relieve and injury crisis

Smartie
07-03-2014, 02:59 PM
I could see this working for them.

As long their injury "crisis" is that they don't have enough injured players.

I actually thought he looked half-decent (when fit) and thought he would have been worth a punt at centre-half - he played there and played well for Motherwell and boy do we need a centre-half right now.

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2014, 09:01 PM
thought i would resurrect this thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27354162

St Johnstone will be without Tim Clancy for the Scottish Cup final against Dundee United after the defender injured his Achilles in training.

Dashing Bob S
15-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Now that he's left Hibs, I'm sure Clancy will be 'forcing his way into Gordon Strachan's plans.'

Kato
15-05-2014, 09:09 PM
thought i would resurrect this thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27354162

St Johnstone will be without Tim Clancy for the Scottish Cup final against Dundee United after the defender injured his Achilles in training.

His Achilles have been a bit of an Achilles for him.

leggeto
15-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Now that he's left Hibs, I'm sure Clancy will be 'forcing his way into Gordon Strachan's plans.'

Or martin O'Neill's seen as he's irish

Boyle89
15-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Or martin O'Neill's seen as he's irish

Woosh moment?

heretoday
15-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Yes or eventually "Saints stalwart Clancy set to make 500th appearance".

Ronniekirk
15-05-2014, 10:47 PM
His Achilles have been a bit of an Achilles for him.
It's all Greek to me !

The Harp
15-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Yes or eventually "Saints stalwart Clancy set to make 500th appearance".

Statement in full would read:
"Saints stalwart Clancy set to make 500th appearance ... on treatment table.":wink:

maturehibby
16-05-2014, 09:16 AM
This poor bloke is now running Chris Killin close for the Treatment table Award of the year

ballengeich
16-05-2014, 09:23 AM
We seem to have had a number of injury-prone players recently.

In addition to Clancy, Thomson's career has been limited by injury, Robertson had a lot of problems when he moved south and Heffernan had a history of missing a few games regularly.

Add in McPake and you have half of a decent premier team who've often been unavailable.

Is it just bad luck, or should the club be looking at the medical examinations that are done before making signings?