PDA

View Full Version : No home game for a month.

Spike Mandela
06-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I am aware postponed game and rearranged game are involved but after the Motherwell game on Saturday 8th we don't have another home game till the 7th April. What happened to the good old days of home one week and away the following week. 4 away games on the trot that's a tough schedule isn't it.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2014, 11:15 PM
I am aware postponed game and rearranged game are involved but after the Motherwell game on Saturday 8th we don't have another home game till the 7th April. What happened to the good old days of home one week and away the following week. 4 away games on the trot that's a tough schedule isn't it.

I predict no points from the 4 away games, including a defeat over the road. This hibs team couldn't beat an egg.

jeffers
06-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Given how bad we've been at home I'm actually quite pleased at this. The season ended for me against Raith Rovers. I'm looking forward to putting it behind us.

SteveHFC
06-03-2014, 11:26 PM
I predict no points from the 4 away games, including a defeat over the road. This hibs team couldn't beat an egg.

We will take maximum points from the 4 away games :cb

lord bunberry
06-03-2014, 11:37 PM

That won't happen

Sir David Gray
06-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Given how bad we've been at home I'm actually quite pleased at this. The season ended for me against Raith Rovers. I'm looking forward to putting it behind us.

:agree: Why anyone would prefer us to be playing at home right now is anyone's guess.

GreenLake
06-03-2014, 11:53 PM

Agree with this. Not sure what the stats are but we look better away imo.

poolman
07-03-2014, 12:17 AM

Mr Happy

Liberal Hibby
07-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Oh god how are we going to survive? Without the cash injection of walk ups and the fact we're losing a million a year we really need the money.

Or maybe not...

Pete
07-03-2014, 04:36 AM

Dude, start listening to the happy ghosts.:thumbsup:

RIP
07-03-2014, 05:19 AM
When I spoke to Garry O'Hagan the other week we discussed my theory about the reason for our poor home form. It's actually really straightforward but almost impossible to fix.

In a busy game players need to be able to easily spot their teammates. We play in green on a green pitch against a wall of green seats. It's been scientifically proven that plain green is the hardest colour to see on a pitch.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Pete
07-03-2014, 05:43 AM
When I spoke to Garry O'Hagan the other week we discussed my theory about the reason for our poor home form. It's actually really straightforward but almost impossible to fix.

In a busy game players need to be able to easily spot their teammates. We play in green on a green pitch against a wall of green seats. It's been scientifically proven that plain green is the hardest colour to see on a pitch.

It's hardly impossible. If it's a real issue then I'm sure seat colours could be changed in the first few rows.

This explains why Celtic have struggled recently.

...and why would green strips clash with the pitch?

Waxy
07-03-2014, 06:42 AM
It's hardly impossible. If it's a real issue then I'm sure seat colours could be changed in the first few rows.

Its true. Put a hibs top on and you become invisible. We actually sell out easter road every home game, just you can't see alot of fans cause they're wearing green tops.

SouthamptonHibs
07-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Happy days. We are brutal at home! We may actually win a game or two Hail Hail

Waxy
07-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Maybe thats a good reason to ditch the white sleeves and go all green. The opposition wont see us. We did wear all green last time we won the SC

Jones28
07-03-2014, 07:50 AM

Not a dig at you Gogs but that is an absolute crock of *****.

Not being able to see green doesn't account for the number of passes that go straight to the opposition.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2014, 08:15 AM

Not a dig at you Gogs but that is an absolute crock of *****.

Not being able to see green doesn't account for the number of passes that go straight to the opposition.

:tee hee:

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 08:24 AM
The yolk will be on you when that prediction doesn't come to fruition .Yes we could do with a Poach er to score goals Your heid must be scrambled so I take what you say with a pinch of salt

Billy Whizz
07-03-2014, 08:26 AM
We only have 4 games before the end of the season on total. 2 pre and 2 post split

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 08:31 AM
We only have 4 games before the end of the season on total. 2 pre and 2 post split
Unless form picks up significantly none of those games will have crowds into double figures unless we are in bottom six and hear7s at home .So less money generated and all more need for Season Ticket Sales to go well if T B is to be able to do the overhaul of squad that is badly needed

heretoday
07-03-2014, 08:32 AM
I hope they use the time to get the pitch in some kind of order.

It's in a poor state - mirroring the play on the park, as Alastair Dewar would have said.

TornadoHibby
07-03-2014, 08:34 AM

Now that is an absolute TOPPER if also absolute *****! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Unless form picks up significantly none of those games will have crowds into double figures unless we are in bottom six and hear7s at home .So less money generated and all more need for Season Ticket Sales to go well if T B is to be able to do the overhaul of squad that is badly needed

Our form is marginally better away from home this season, so maybe not a bad thing for picking up points

P PTS
Home 15 17 1.1 points per game
Away. 12 15. 1.25 points per game

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 08:46 AM

Thats the spirit.

Gettin' Auld
07-03-2014, 08:49 AM
The yolk will be on you when that prediction doesn't come to fruition .Yes we could do with a Poach er to score goals Your heid must be scrambled so I take what you say with a pinch of salt

You forgot the shell suit. Omelette you off with that though...... :wink:

Up The Bracket
07-03-2014, 10:32 AM

In fairness, we've only had one away game since the Aberdeen game at the end of January

mjhibby
07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I think the run of away games is actually a good thing for us. The fans get behind the team in away games I I think we will get points at Patrick,Inverness and hertz which leaves the. biggy at Perth. We have overall a good record there so should have nothing to fear. Win that game and it could clinch top six. We just need a win to banish negativity on here then have us all salivating at putting them down at the pbs.GGGTH.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I think the run of away games is actually a good thing for us. The fans get behind the team in away games I I think we will get points at Patrick,Inverness and hertz which leaves the. biggy at Perth. We have overall a good record there so should have nothing to fear. Win that game and it could clinch top six. We just need a win to banish negativity on here then have us all salivating at putting them down at the pbs.GGGTH.
Partick have out played us the last twice so are due something and have taken monkey off there back with home win.They will fancy there chances given our recent form and our record up at Inverness isn't great and yogi has steadied the ship But our display at Killie recently gives me some evidence we can take something but another home defeat on Saturday wouldn't be ideal preparation and just can't see us winning that one .So we still need Saints to keep getting beat to sneak 6th

Mark79
07-03-2014, 11:22 AM

This is an all time low in terms of random excuses for us being poor.so what you are saying is our strips clash with the grass and seats? Wow. That's all I can say.

I would suggest its simply the low quality players we recruit.

FranckSuzy
07-03-2014, 11:30 AM

Interesting theory but what happened when we had great teams that also played in green and in arguably more of it? :hmmm: :wink:

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 11:34 AM
This is an all time low in terms of random excuses for us being poor.so what you are saying is our strips clash with the grass and seats? Wow. That's all I can say.

I would suggest its simply the low quality players we recruit.
You are going with the rational explanation but no harm in exploring the Methodologically Sound Scientific one before rejecting it out of hand Put a smile on my face which is more than the team can do right now. next we will be getting banned for wearing hibs tops and scarfs as that is anther variable in the equation .:confused::rolleyes::crazy:

Phil MaGlass
07-03-2014, 11:39 AM
7 points from the next 4 games.

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Sad to think that Hearts will be relegated, possibly liquidated, by the time we're next at home.

FranckSuzy
07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Sad to think that Hearts will be relegated, possibly liquidated, by the time we're next at home.

:agree: :tee hee: :scarf:

Saorsa
07-03-2014, 11:46 AM
I think the run of away games is actually a good thing for us. The fans get behind the team in away games I I think we will get points at Patrick,Inverness and hertz which leaves the. biggy at Perth. We have overall a good record there so should have nothing to fear. Win that game and it could clinch top six. We just need a win to banish negativity on here then have us all salivating at putting them down at the pbs.GGGTH.Ah that pish again, the fault of the fans who go tae ER that we cannae win there.

One mair reason no tae bother with a ST then I guess? As we're such bad fans at ER and the team does better without us. :wink:

As tae these fixtures, what a load of pish, ridiculous having nae game for 4 weeks.

GreenLake
07-03-2014, 11:46 AM

I think we will beat them again and Nelson will inflict some damage on the main stand. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Dr Doom has spoken.........Away and raffle Rooney, we will take at least 7 points

Hibrandenburg
07-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Doesn't stand up to scrutiny. It would also mean that opposing teams would be passing balls to our camouflaged players thinking they were playing into empty space.

Think you've been had.

RIP
07-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Sorry folks - ah couldnae locate the smilies on ma new phone :tee hee::offski:

Saorsa
07-03-2014, 11:53 AM

Don't shoot the messenger!Sounds like another excuse in a very long line of excuses and sounds even mair like a pile of steamin' *****

RIP
07-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Sounds like another excuse in a very long line of excuses and sounds even mair like a pile of steamin' *****

Sense of humour alert! :greengrin

RIP
07-03-2014, 12:20 PM
..................or not?

Look what Nike scientists reckon?

“When creating this Hi-Vis Collection we looked at our work in South Africa during the summer of 2010,” says Phil McCartney, Vice President. “The Metallic Purple and Orange color combinations we used on-pitch really stood out both on the field for players and for the crowds in the stadium and at home. As winter approaches and conditions on-pitch change, player visibility can become a key element of any match.

In a game that’s more congested and faster than ever the small percentages are becoming more important,” explains McCartney. “If a player can get that flash of color in their periphery, and see a teammate make a run, that could be the small difference between timing the pass perfectly or not taking advantage - that’s the sort of moment that can change the course of a game at the top level.

International and club teams all over the world are recognising this in their shirt designs and choosing stripes, different tones of the one colour and luminous yellows, reds and orange - colours scientifically proven to be more visible to players during a game”

This all started with a bit of daft banter between Dons fans and 2 Hibbies at work. The sheep guys stated catagorically that red is the most visible colour to play in, followed by blue, then white. They are adamant these colours or luminous tones such as Arab tangerine gives a team a noticeable advantage in pass completion. I said the words "Famous Five" which kind of scuppered their theory

For a bit of fun anyone want to compare our win record wearing white, yellow or black against our record wearing green?:wink:

Saorsa
07-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Sense of humour alert! :greengrinMaybe, but it wouldnae surprise me in the least bit if they really did come out with something like that or some other nonsense because everything wrong at ER is something or somebody else's fault.

RIP
07-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Maybe, but it wouldnae surprise me in the least bit if they really did come out with something like that or some other nonsense because everything wrong at ER is something or somebody else's fault.

Naebody in management is that daft - but it did induce a chuckle when I raised it :greengrin

Keith_M
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
So are we going with BlackpoolHibs' suggestion of changing to red strips? It would be an instant marketing hit in the Far East.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 05:54 PM
So are we going with BlackpoolHibs' suggestion of changing to red strips? It would be an instant marketing hit in the Far East.
Take it there no point in mentioning we stick with army theme and have a green and black camouflage strip.

Alfred E Newman
07-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Take it there no point in mentioning we stick with army theme and have a green and black camouflage strip.

That strip would certainly make it easier for our midfield players to do their " unseen work" . :greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Interesting theory but what happened when we had great teams that also played in green and in arguably more of it? :hmmm: :wink:

We all stood and watched those great teams Suzy, other than those well off fans in the old main stand :agree: No seats in the rest of the ground although a lot more folk wore green scarf's and bunnets back then :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
07-03-2014, 08:56 PM

Aye, I'm filling up mate. :-D

I was going to say that not playing at ER for a month will be beneficial to my blood pressure, but then I remembered I'll be at a couple of the away games at least.

Gmack7
07-03-2014, 09:14 PM

If the Aberdeen game was was moved AGAIN to Friday the 4th:wink: we could have 2 pairteees in quick succession

Hermit Crab
07-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Dr Doom has spoken.........Away and raffle Rooney, we will take at least 7 points

Which games are those? Inverness, partick, stj or hearts?

FranckSuzy
07-03-2014, 10:03 PM
We all stood and watched those great teams Suzy, other than those well off fans in the old main stand :agree: No seats in the rest of the ground although a lot more folk wore green scarf's and bunnets back then :greengrin

Wished I'd been around to seen them as I'm too young :wink: :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
08-03-2014, 07:35 AM

But imagine how good they'd have been if they didn't have to overcome the green strips problem. We could have been contenders.

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Which games are those? Inverness, partick, stj or hearts?

Yeah, that's our 4 away games......Each winnable, but 7 points will do me.....

RIP
08-03-2014, 09:28 AM

Back in the day everyone wore dark coats and bunnets. The coloured strips stood out a mile against that backdrop. Now they just blend in with the background.

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2014, 02:58 PM
just realised we play Aberdeen on the monday night, 24 hours after the cream buns v Raith ramsdens cup final, the pitch will be a mess :bitchy: should suit our hoof game i guess